Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else having issues entering homes (with vamp power)?

Comments

• Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    Same issue for me. I have a vanilla game, no mods/cc.
  • Options
    Lexx223Lexx223 Posts: 27 Member
    I am having the exact same problem. I hope it gets fixed.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    It hasn't worked for mine yet either. Luckily she's got some food sources locked up.. er, I mean hanging out in her attic. ;)
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910721/how-does-the-eternally-welcome-power-actually-work#latest

Just knock on the door. You're always allowed in instantly until the bug is fixed, and once you enter a house, that house will be eternally open for you. The power's useless because of the 'knock on door' interaction.

Thanks for the information. While I kind of wanted my vampire to be able to enter without knocking, at least she can feed easily now :) And let's hope this gets fixed soon anyway.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    Having the same issue, and my vamp is full level up. It totally sucks..
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Options
    locktocklocktock Posts: 14 New Member
    "Eternally Welcome" is the Power that unlocks the interaction "Vampiric Entrance"
    Running that interaction *should* show the vampire rise in the air and trigger some FX. After that the walls *should* come down and you can freely enter the house.

After reading your issue I checked and ran this interaction on a variety of houses with no problem. If you continue to see this I suggest reporting in the Bug section of this forum and QA can jump on it. :blush:

the youtuber (im sure you know him) "The Sim Supply" is also having this issue, he's trying to enter sookies house (the one covered in garlic) he has garlic immunity and has the "eternally welcome" power. everytime he uses it it wont show the inside of the house or let him in, even if he spams it. it drains his vamp energy and plays the animation your talking about but nothing happens. seriously, watch his sims 4 vampires series he is currently doing and watch this glitch occuring
  • Options
    HexedHexed Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah, having the same exact problem with my Grand Master Vampire.. she does the animation of it but can't go until she knocks.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I am having the same issue :'( I have no mods at all
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuy98SimGuy98 Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same problem too. By the way, everytime I visit a sim's home in the morning (2a.m-4a.m) they are ALWAYS awaked, and that doesn't make sesne since they are normal Sims and need to sleep in this time. I think this may be another bug.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I think this is a known bug, guys. It's pretty much happening to everyone. My guess is the next patch will probably fix it.

--T
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Hexed wrote: »
    Yeah, having the same exact problem with my Grand Master Vampire.. she does the animation of it but can't go until she knocks.

Same for my Minir Vampire. However the "Come In" notification showed it as my vampire saying come in, not the inhabitants.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Same issue. Has anyone found a fix yet? :(
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Well I copied my save folder to the desktop today and created a complete new game. I played as a human until Caleb Vatore turned her automatically with my autonomy mod :) then I chose once again the Eternally Welcome power perk and went to Oasis Spring to enter a home. Yet again, same problem... house will not open. If this does not get fixed I would just simply not choose this power perk with my next vampire :( What a bummer...
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Mine worked fine once, I didn't try to use it again until I gained a couple of ranks and now all I get is the ability to lock the door, I can't even knock any more.
    I can fly in the house but it doesn't open, my sim just disappears inside the still closed house.
    I do have CC and mods but I have not added or removed anything since it worked the first time.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Nope not me it works in all my saves
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Nope not me it works in all my saves

I would like to try something, would you mind sharing one of your save files with me? I want to test if it is the save games, or if it is my game. Because in NONE of my save games this power ever works. If it does NOT work with your save file, I know for sure my game is broken or something and maybe need to completely uninstall and install again!
  • Options
    daltwisneydaltwisney Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2017
    The only solution I've found is to knock the first time you visit the house. Once they have let you in, you never have to knock again. The power itself doesn't actually seem to do anything when I use it, but I can always enter the lot.
    As far as the Sims being awake every time, I haven't paid attention to that so I don't know. The engine is funny, I'll call to invite someone out, get a message that they are sleeping, yet 5-10 minutes after I get to the destination lot, they come in. Probably tied to the fact that venues are 'always open' when you go there, unlike S3, where bars/nightclubs had hours.
  • Options
    Again does anyone who can use this ability share their save file here? I would love to test if it's my game or just my save files that are acting up. Because if it is my game, then your working save file should not work either on my computer. I would love to see if I can figure out where the problem is. Because so far not even modders have offered a optional fix to this problem and usually they do!
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I have the same issue. Drains energy, vamp floats in air, but nada. I was gonna ask about that too
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    Ik i am having this problem it is alittle annoying tbh it drains my vamps energy sith littrle to no result
  • Options
    So where are all those people who can use the power? Why are you not willing to post your save files so we can test it? It would be interesting to find out if it is our games that are somehow broken... Anyone willing to upload their working save files? Please?
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    So where are all those people who can use the power? Why are you not willing to post your save files so we can test it? It would be interesting to find out if it is our games that are somehow broken... Anyone willing to upload their working save files? Please?
    When I'm feeling a little better, I'll see if I can get you the save file of mine where it is (mostly) working. It's weird because most of the time, it didn't work for me and then I made this brand new save where I converted someone instantly to vampire with cheats and instantly to grand master. I then picked up Always Welcome as one of the powers and they weren't Always Welcome when I used the power, but they were Mostly Welcome. :P

Incidentally, do you know of any way to quickly identify a save file in your saves folder? Apart from making a save copy and then identifying based on the time it was created (that's the only way I can think of off the top of my head).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    Incidentally, do you know of any way to quickly identify a save file in your saves folder? Apart from making a save copy and then identifying based on the time it was created (that's the only way I can think of off the top of my head).

I don't know a quick way to get the correct files, but what I would do is take out all the save files from the save folder and then add them in a small batch, then enter the game and see if it is that household where the power works. You said you cheated a vampire to grand master and then added the power, so you did not go through the transformation process. I wonder if the transformation is broken or something. Theoretically it should work with a vampire created straight out of CAS I think. I just created one, but I don't want to cheat for him, as he is part of my story I had planned. But as soon as I can get the power I will see if it works. If not then the theory is not working either...

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't know a quick way to get the correct files, but what I would do is take out all the save files from the save folder and then add them in a small batch, then enter the game and see if it is that household where the power works. You said you cheated a vampire to grand master and then added the power, so you did not go through the transformation process. I wonder if the transformation is broken or something. Theoretically it should work with a vampire created straight out of CAS I think. I just created one, but I don't want to cheat for him, as he is part of my story I had planned. But as soon as I can get the power I will see if it works. If not then the theory is not working either...
    It's definitely a mystifying bug. In the beginning, when I was having issues, I created at least a couple fresh vampires straight out of CAS to test it and see if I would get different results; I used the initial points you get to buy Always Welcome right away. And I still ran into the issue.

The only thing I can think is if there's some issue related to either purchasing Always Welcome as a minor vampire (or whatever the first rank is called), or using Always Welcome as a minor vampire before you get to a higher rank, which then bugs you even if you rank up later?

In the case where it was (mostly) working, I didn't even purchase Always Welcome until I had cheated up to grand master.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    When I'm feeling a little better, I'll see if I can get you the save file of mine where it is (mostly) working. It's weird because most of the time, it didn't work for me and then I made this brand new save where I converted someone instantly to vampire with cheats and instantly to grand master. I then picked up Always Welcome as one of the powers and they weren't Always Welcome when I used the power, but they were Mostly Welcome. :P

Hello
    This is a link to a mini tutorial that MDianaSanders made on locating a save file. I think though that it is the same as you are doing
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15239681/#Comment_15239681