Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does the "Eternally Welcome" power actually work?

I've tried it many times yesterday but couldn't figure it out. My vampire visited his neighbour's house at night and tried to use "vampire guest" interaction on their door. He played animation but nothing happened after that. House was still closed and I couldn't see what's inside. I could repeat the interaction as long as I had energy. The house opened immediately only after I chose to simply knock and the welcoming message appeared.
And I thought that vampires are able to visit sleeping sims. But sims in my game never sleep, no matter what time it is when I visit their houses! I can see them cooking or watching TV through their windows, but it seems that they never sleep at night.

Comments

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    We're investigating a bug with this.

After the animation, the walls *should* lower and you have unrestricted access to the house.

Yeah it is a nasty bug which in actuality has a nice effect, but the downside is the vampire energy gets lowered each time and yet the vampire stands in front of the closed door :( I hope nothing serious is wrong with this function.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am also experiencing this bug. The walls never lower and I'm not granted access.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited January 2017
    I get the same bug. Nothing happens after the animation, but everytime I knock, I can immediately enter so it's not that serious a bug if I can simply knock every time. I also noticed though that once I enter a house, I can then go in immediately without having to knock the next times I go to that house. Is this a vampire trait? In tradition, once someone lets a vamp in, they're always welcome. If that's the case, then the "Eternally Welcome' power isn't really useful if you can just head straight in anyway.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I get the same big. Nothing happens after the animation, but everytime I knock, I can immediately enter so it's not that serious a bug if I can simply knock every time. I also noticed though that once I enter a house, I can then go in immediately without having to knock the next times I go to that house. Is this a vampire trait? In tradition, once someone lets a vamp in, they're always welcome. If that's the case, then the "Eternally Welcome' power isn't really useful if you can just head straight in anyway.

Yes, I have the same thing. After I knocked once the house remains opened forever. I don't think it should work that way.
  • Options
    ChaavikChaavik Posts: 4 New Member
    In my case, I never get the option to enter a sleeping sim's house with my Vampire. I had to research online to find out how to do it.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Chaavik wrote: »
    In my case, I never get the option to enter a sleeping sim's house with my Vampire. I had to research online to find out how to do it.

You have to select the power for your vampire in order for the option to come up.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    trick question.. from what ive been hearing it doesnt work... ;D
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    It's working fine for me (as evidenced by my sim walking into the goth house, snacking on Morty and turning Bella (what she needs the points). I hope it's sorted soon.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Same issue and I do not use cc or mods.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Somebody was saying it worked better with a higher tier vampire, like a master or grand vamp.

I haven't tried it yet but think I'll just wait for the fix lol

--T
  • Options
    aclavo wrote: »
    Same issue and I do not use cc or mods.

I think it's not cc that causes this bug, but maybe it's one of the official EPs or GPs... or, on the contrary, absence of some official content.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My Sim could only enter if I performed this action first, then knocked on the door. If he returned (me) later he was able to enter. But the animation is actually the walls disappear, the floor is present but no furniture etc. There was no way to get him inside. He had to knock then for ever after he could enter from then on.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Well if this power only works on higher ranked vampires like some here are suggesting, then why is this power unlocked in the lower tiers? This does not make a lot of sense. Maybe the bug is that after the animation and FX effect the walls need to come down, as if you are actually on a playable lot, if this is the case then maybe the team was planning on creating the first steps of making the game open world? I mean I remember from one of the older sims games, that there was a mod out that would allow to see inside ALL houses, not only the played sim home. Which made it possible to actually see what the home owners are up to. But in this case the dropping of the walls does not work as it was intended, instead you have to leave the lot and come back. I did this on Vlad's house when I did not live there yet and it apparently did not work. However I also did not knock at the door. I left the lot and later when I came back the walls where down and it acted like a playable household! So maybe the bug is in the loading screen thing. Maybe the refresh does not work and your sim HAS to leave and come back?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It doesn't work on higher ranks. No way. It's just a rumour.
  • Options
    HexedHexed Posts: 11 New Member
    I have a Grand Master Vampire, no CC, no Mods ever. All DLC and it doesn't work for her either.
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Tried myself, no mods or anything and nada. Hope it gets fixed soon. Really want to try it out.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

After the animation, the walls *should* lower and you have unrestricted access to the house.

Furthermore, I tried knocking on the Goths' door and it said nobody was there. Vampire power didn't do anything either as usual.

And then, AND THEN, that guy named Mortimer just casually walks through the door and off to work he is!?!?!? :|:confused:
    But still: "There doesn't appear to be anyone at home" :|
    I think that's a bug too, I went there with a CAS-created vampire at the time when Mortimer went to work if that helps. He had the Eternally Welcome power of course.
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member

Furthermore, I tried knocking on the Goths' door and it said nobody was there. Vampire power didn't do anything either as usual.

And then, AND THEN, that guy named Mortimer just casually walks through the door and off to work he is!?!?!? :|:confused:
    But still: "There doesn't appear to be anyone at home" :|
    I think that's a bug too, I went there with a CAS-created vampire at the time when Mortimer went to work if that helps. He had the Eternally Welcome power of course.

Clearly he is avoiding your Sim. Take a hint haha. But I've had that problem. I also can't pay my bills via the computer or phone. Have to do it at the mailbox. @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I just tested this in my game in Windenburg on Ulrike Faust's house and it worked. I was able to go inside and turn her with no issues. I then decided to make a video and try on the Goth house and it worked then too. Here is the video so you can all see how it should look.

https://youtu.be/SraIrgqLR70
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Haven't had the issue pop up for me. For those that have, just knock, mechanically it is the same thing "eternally welcome" just plays a vampire animation instead of the knocking animation.
  • Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    Haven't had the issue pop up for me. For those that have, just knock, mechanically it is the same thing "eternally welcome" just plays a vampire animation instead of the knocking animation.

Everybody knows that doors can be unlocked if you knock. But the vampire power still doesn't work. Besides, there is a bug with knocking at door: you become truly "eternally welcome" because the house remains opened for you forever.
  • Options
    HexedHexed Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah, it's just not working on Apartments or Houses.. No matter the Vampire Rank. I recorded it so the one's that have it not working can see what the bug is, but unfortunately I haven't been around the forums long enough to post it.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Same. I first suspected it only doesnt work on appartments, but its on regular lots too...
    Maybe a Conflict with City Living?
    NPCs like Vlad can do that perfectly, but Alex (my Sim) cant.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    I just tested this in my game in Windenburg on Ulrike Faust's house and it worked. I was able to go inside and turn her with no issues. I then decided to make a video and try on the Goth house and it worked then too. Here is the video so you can all see how it should look.

https://youtu.be/SraIrgqLR70

Thanks for the vid. I have this bug so was really curious on how the power actually works. :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.