Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does the "Eternally Welcome" power actually work?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 559 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Same. I first suspected it only doesnt work on appartments, but its on regular lots too...
    Maybe a Conflict with City Living?
    NPCs like Vlad can do that perfectly, but Alex (my Sim) cant.

It worked for me with City Living and on apartments. I used it on Lily Feng's apartment and turned her :)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    Same. I first suspected it only doesnt work on appartments, but its on regular lots too...

It worked for me with City Living and on apartments. I used it on Lily Feng's apartment and turned her :)

Do you use any CC or mods? I am just trying to figure out what could cause this problem. Do you use the No Mosaic mod? There must be a reason why it does not work for many people... :(
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

Do you use any CC or mods? I am just trying to figure out what could cause this problem. Do you use the No Mosaic mod? There must be a reason why it does not work for many people... :(

I have some CC hair/eyes/eyelashes and yes, I have the No Mosaic mod also.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I just tried it on another save and it DIDN'T work for that vamp. The only differences I can think of are vampire level or when the save/vamp was created.
    Worked for a high level vampire created after Vampires GP was released.
    Did NOT work for a lower level vampire I created as a human before GP release that was turned by Vlad after release.

Edit#1: Maybe it's not working because she is affected by garlic...it says I can now drink and use abilities but the garlic buff is still there and I just tried to turn Bob Pancakes and it failed. Maybe because of the low level vamp abilities just fail more often and that's all it is. I will keep trying to figure it out.

Edit#2: I got it to work on my other save now also. I used cheats to level up her vampire rank and went to Don Lothario's house and it worked so I'm thinking she failed either because of the garlic or her rank. When she was failing at it she kept looking at her hands. When it fails for you all does your vampSim look at their hands?
    Post edited by Quaay on
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    When it fails for you all does your vampSim look at their hands?

Thanks for the reply! I tried it a few times in a row and never succeeded. Yes she was not high ranked yet, just reached Prime Vampire rank!
    When she did the interaction, I saw her go up in the air, using that dark smoke kind of FX effect towards the door and after that she just stands there without doing anything else. I did not observe that she looked at her hands :(

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    We're investigating a bug with this.

After the animation, the walls *should* lower and you have unrestricted access to the house.

Furthermore, I tried knocking on the Goths' door and it said nobody was there. Vampire power didn't do anything either as usual.

And then, AND THEN, that guy named Mortimer just casually walks through the door and off to work he is!?!?!? :|:confused:
    But still: "There doesn't appear to be anyone at home" :|
    I think that's a bug too, I went there with a CAS-created vampire at the time when Mortimer went to work if that helps. He had the Eternally Welcome power of course.

It's possible that the game told you nobody was there because it knew Mortimer was leaving. Just a guess.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I just tried it on another save and it DIDN'T work for that vamp. The only differences I can think of are vampire level or when the save/vamp was created.
    Did NOT work for a lower level vampire I created as a human before GP release that was turned by Vlad after release.

Edit#1: Maybe it's not working because she is affected by garlic...it says I can now drink and use abilities but the garlic buff is still there and I just tried to turn Bob Pancakes and it failed. Maybe because of the low level vamp abilities just fail more often and that's all it is. I will keep trying to figure it out.

Edit#2: I got it to work on my other save now also. I used cheats to level up her vampire rank and went to Don Lothario's house and it worked so I'm thinking she failed either because of the garlic or her rank. When she was failing at it she kept looking at her hands. When it fails for you all does your vampSim look at their hands?

The problem is that my sim didn't fail. Animations looked like he successfully performed the action, he didn't play "fail" animation. Just nothing happened after he successfully used the "Vampire entrance" action again and again. And there was no garlic miles around. And this sim was created as a vampire after the GP release.
    Thank you for trying to find the reason anyway :smile:
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    On what I have read here so far, mods and cc has nothing to do with this issue.
    It works or doesnt work on people with or without mods and cc alike.
    It doesnt Work for me, I have all DLC installed, I use mods and cc, my Sim was transformed ingame (by Lilith Vatore) and has been arround since I got City Living. And I got it shortly after release.

For those of you who can use this power without this bug: Have you any DLC missing? What Vampire did turn your Sim? Did you create your Vampire in CAS?
    For those that have the Bug as well: Same questions.
  • Options
    For those of you who can use this power without this bug: Have you any DLC missing? What Vampire did turn your Sim? Did you create your Vampire in CAS?

I have all DLC. One vamp was turned by Vlad, the other created in CAS.

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

I have all DLC. One vamp was turned by Vlad, the other created in CAS.

Thank you.
    Both work?
  • Options
    HexedHexed Posts: 11 New Member

It doesn't work for my vampire, she is Grand Master Vampire, created/made into a Vampire in CAS after Vampires GP was released.

The Powers I have are: Cast Hallucination, Eternally Welcome (Of course), 3/3 Occult Master, 1/3 Vampiric Charm, Command, Garlic Immunity, Vampire Creation, 3/3 Master of Darkness, Manipulate Life Spirit, 1/3 Dampened Emotions, Supernatural Speed, Deprive Needs, 3/3 Perfect Sun Resistance, Odorless, 3/3 Control Emotion, Mist Form, Beyond the Herd and Immortal Pleasures.

The Weaknesses I have are: Withered Stomach, Sloppy Drinker, 2/2 Nightmarish Sleep and Insatiable Thirst.

When it fails for me it she doesn't look at her hands or act like it failed, I can keep doing the power until she runs out of Vampire Energy or after I do the ability once and then knock I am able to enter instantly, it says "Come on in!" But if I didn't do the power and just knock they didn't say anything and don't answer. So, the power is partially working just not as intended.
  • Options
    xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member

Brinn wrote: »

The problem is that my sim didn't fail. Animations looked like he successfully performed the action, he didn't play "fail" animation. Just nothing happened after he successfully used the "Vampire entrance" action again and again. And there was no garlic miles around. And this sim was created as a vampire after the GP release.
    Thank you for trying to find the reason anyway :smile:

I'm having the same issue @Brinn

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • Options
    MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    edited February 2017
    Same issue!! My vampire is a Grand Master level 1, but I never succeed get in Sims houses with Vampiric Entrance power. I was kinda hoping sneaking into Sim's homes and catch them sleeping to drink their blood like Vlad does. But now I see we will never catch them sleeping, right?! They'll always be doing their duties... :confused:
    Post edited by MiwaPRO on
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I just tested this in my game in Windenburg on Ulrike Faust's house and it worked. I was able to go inside and turn her with no issues. I then decided to make a video and try on the Goth house and it worked then too. Here is the video so you can all see how it should look.

https://youtu.be/SraIrgqLR70

Thanks for the video. But my 2 vamp sims still have this issue. They are both grand master. :(
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Is there a way to just sneak in to the targeted house as Vlad visits my house? Always my vamp sims just start from in front of the entrance of the house. I'd like to attack the house from the edge of the road like this. :D

1.png

I also have the option,"vampiric entrance' but nothing happens. I have another option,"vampiricly deny access to" but I don't know how this works. There are 2 options, 'everyone' and 'everyone but my sim'.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited February 2017
    I was wondering what was up with this interaction, I thought I was doing something wrong. :D
    Post edited by kittymeow on
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    We're investigating a bug with this.

After the animation, the walls *should* lower and you have unrestricted access to the house.

Could you please if you're going to make a patch like that in near future, comtemplate changing "Dampened emotions" so it work as buff same way alluring visage or what it's called using dark energy instead while active. Right now Dampened Emotions prohibit a lot really i would say almost crucial moods you need to unlock aspiration less you cheat, in order to circumvent the problem. In current state i don't really see how it is useful since only real benifit you get out it is avoiding getting angry/sad and possibly uncomfortable which as grandmaster is rare to happen anyways, since aspirations can buy you immunity to Tense and Embarrased anyways. That considered i feel like it's a really bad trade off compared to it's downside it's almost more a weakness i will say than a trait bonus. Which you spend a lot of point into mastering, really think it should be redesigned or at least be looked over for improvements.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Is there a way to just sneak in to the targeted house as Vlad visits my house? Always my vamp sims just start from in front of the entrance of the house. I'd like to attack the house from the edge of the road like this. :D

1.png

I also have the option,"vampiric entrance' but nothing happens. I have another option,"vampiricly deny access to" but I don't know how this works. There are 2 options, 'everyone' and 'everyone but my sim'.

Out of interest, did you direct Caleb to do that or did it just randomly happen?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    corruptearthcorruptearth Posts: 5 New Member
    it seems to work now but some apartment buildings with the "be buzzed in" option still wont work
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Another option that doesn't work. Nothing new.
  • Options
    DDWardDDWard Posts: 1 New Member
    Someone once said that your vampire has to have visited the property before. kinda like the old legend of inviting a vampire into your home thing. Not sure if that works.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,282 Member
    This thread is from 2017!