Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens if you delete the tray folder?

What will happen?
giphy_1.gif

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    Okay nevermind, it's fine. Basically, I had to completely refresh my whole computer (new os and everything) and backed all my TS4 files on the cloud right and I went on the cloud today and I could find all the files for my game apart from the "tray" folder right. But!..... don't panic! I founded it in the saves folder thank god, and it looks like my sims and everything won't be gone after all :o Omg I was so greatful I nearly cried that I found that tray folder otherwise EVERYTHING would have been gone !!!
    100?cb=20120617033323
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Lol I'm glad you got it under control, I was gonna warn you that you'd lose your whole library in the game.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Save all your creations to the gallery. My game was laggie and someone suggested moving my tray to my desktop (a new one will be created when you open your game again). That way nothing is really gone, but so far, everything has been fine.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Hello
    Your tray folder contains the files of all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library. It would be good to make a back up copy of this folder and the saves folder, and place it on an external drive. Then if issues occur, you have back up copies.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys :) im gonna do what @rosemow said am back it up on to the cloud just in case my computer acts up again
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    You'd just lose your entire library of sims/lots.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Your tray folder contains the files of all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library. It would be good to make a back up copy of this folder and the saves folder, and place it on an external drive. Then if issues occur, you have back up copies.

Perhaps a silly question. What if I delete/trash them in the game's private gallery? Will they still be in the Tray folder?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Hello

Perhaps a silly question. What if I delete/trash them in the game's private gallery? Will they still be in the Tray folder?

If you delete something from the Library, the corresponding Tray files are deleted. If you remove something from the community Gallery they are not.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hello

If you delete something from the Library, the corresponding Tray files are deleted. If you remove something from the community Gallery they are not.

Good to know. I wish it would ask us to overwrite sims like it does for lots. I end up with a lot of the same sims households because I place them in a lot of saves and I have to save them to play.