Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross Dressing Sims

Comments

• Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I've had this happen to me as well. Townie sims have been generated using bikinis and female swimsuits for swimwear. I thought it was a glitch from some patch.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is a known issue, not intended.

So then the statement that it won't happen can't be relied on? Please fix this.

They'd have to include "except if there's a bug" on everything they say. Is it not a given that whatever is described as game behaviour is "except if there's a bug"?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I've never had my played sims have their outfits changed randomly by the game into something I didn't select for them. Weird.

luck of the draw I supose.

I've had sims hair colors change randomly too in and out of CAS with and without CC installed.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Richard Simmons Sim :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Thanks for chiming in! :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

So then the statement that it won't happen can't be relied on? Please fix this.

They'd have to include "except if there's a bug" on everything they say. Is it not a given that whatever is described as game behaviour is "except if there's a bug"?

Right. But my point is, this should be a priority in bug fixes. No mention was made of when it would be fixed. And frankly, it's been going on for a long time. I see random Sims constantly wearing the wrong clothing items. I don't much care when they are random. But my played Sims are another matter.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Right. But my point is, this should be a priority in bug fixes. No mention was made of when it would be fixed. And frankly, it's been going on for a long time. I see random Sims constantly wearing the wrong clothing items. I don't much care when they are random. But my played Sims are another matter.
    We all feel that way about the bugs that bug us most. There's nothing to be done about it, short of knowing enough about the code to fix the bugs ourselves. We can be annoyed, sure, but fixes will come when they come and they aren't going to promise a date.

The most I've ever seen from any game team about bugs is they will sometimes say, "It'll be fixed in the next patch" if they already have a fix in place and it's ready to ship as part of the next patch. But even that can be promising too much, as sometimes an attempted fix doesn't actually resolve all of the issues surrounding a particular bug.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    There's an issue with outfits in general it's not just this. I mean first I would have sims stuck with party clothes after an event for life, then I had the bug with the option of enabling clothes for both genders, it doesn't seem to fix it and the last issue I had with outfits was going into my own lot and had my own sim wearing a ridiculous outfit that didn't match, I thought it was a uniform, but then I remembered she was unemployed.

@SimGuruNick are you also aware of the issue I will put in bold letters. That was the latest issue I had, I also saw a thread about it so it's not just me. I do have CC, but this shouldn't happen anyway, if I have broken CC the game doesn't even run for long.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, agreed about their being several issues. Like my kids and teens will go up in grades and come home from school in a random outfit.

(And don't get me started on some of the random career outfits.)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    all I want to say is we need an LOL and I agree to click on.
    I've had male sims show up in womans tops and toddlers and kids wearing glasses to bed. who wears glasses to bed.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Am I the only one that thought this was a post about cross dressing on purpose and was looking for some hilarious/awesome pics?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Yes, agreed about their being several issues. Like my kids and teens will go up in grades and come home from school in a random outfit.

You know what's even worse. The random outfits are most likely a bug... but career outfits are just bad fashion taste, those I think are in purpose.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »

You know what's even worse. The random outfits are most likely a bug... but career outfits are just bad fashion taste, those I think are in purpose.

I refuse to believe that these career outfits were intentional.

31917132023_cedb3fde3b.jpg
    33044186595_2ae0c8f6e3.jpg
    32662186760_4459fd03d6.jpg

Because I go to work everyday in a buttless gown ALL the time!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    lol wow lol
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Another thing that bothers me about outfits in general, is that Sims change clothes autonomously for festivals. Not the active ones, but all the other ones around you.

This happened during gameplay yesterday when I was having a club meeting at the karaoke place in Spice Market. The reason it annoyed me especially much this time was that I had created a specific club for goth/"alternative" teenagers. But when the Spice Festival suddenly started in the middle of their gathering, they all began changing into regular Sims outfits to match a festival they weren't even actively attending. They were all inside the karaoke place in a locked room for club members only. It ruined my whole story telling, because I couldn't screen cap them anymore.
  • Options
    daddy Bheeda came home from work wearing this. I wish we could decide what they wear for work.
    02-21-17_5-33-38PM_zpshfqpmdk3.png
  • Options
    MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    I've run into this a few times. Recently my game seems to think all sims should have a female voice when they age up from children. Even maxis made sims (most recently Lucas Munch & Max Villareal) are doing this.
  • Options
    MoonsKisu wrote: »
    I've run into this a few times. Recently my game seems to think all sims should have a female voice when they age up from children. Even maxis made sims (most recently Lucas Munch & Max Villareal) are doing this.

use the Fulledit cheat in cas, change their sex to female and straight back to male, their voice will change to male.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So I thought the Guru's said when clothing options were enabled that no Sim would ever auto spawn with clothes not in the traditional gender unless you opt in.

Which I have not done.

I created this Sim from scratch. He does not have feminine clothes enabled for him. So why does he have this swimwear? I did not choose it for him. And I really don't want him to have it.

No mods. No CC.

2nhzxhg.png

It's been happening in my game for awhile now. I don't turn on the filter to mix gender clothes other than once in a blue moon (temporarily) in CAS for long hair for a guy etc. but I have seen Sims in tank tops for girls out while jogging etc. I have also noticed the Sim in the CL apartments 'child' female has a male hairstyle so maybe CL changed something and the filters aren't actually working correctly anymore. The CAS does generate occasional outfits for the other gender and have to make sure you pick all their outfits. Though I would swear recently they are picking their own outfits (in my game) and not ones I picked for them...like sleepwear. But I'm sure the premade child in CL apartment is by design.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    So change his clothes. Simple.
  • Options
    jusMeh wrote: »
    So change his clothes. Simple.

It's not just the gender clothes, but my other Sims who I'm not playing show up at places in NPC clothes...not the homeless insane outfits because they aren't insane, but NPC clothes...they shouldn't be dressing in those, either. Clothes have gone bonkers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Maybe your sim is trying to tell you something. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Why not simply select a new bathing suit in CAS?

Will changing his clothes make this bug go away? no. So, it's not an answer some of us want to hear. Sorry, but reporting it should be important to everyone. Or one day when you load your Sim they have changed their everyday clothes to pants and an apron, but they aren't employed as a waiter etc. And or your Sim you put in a robe decided to get a nightie...it's crazy. lol (I mean the glitch/bug is crazy not you). I also have the game generating Sims who have hairstyles which are behind the filters. I play characters, it's important to me they wear what I tell them to wear.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I hope they fix this issue soon. I am tired of seeing my male sims going to work in heels and female sims in male boots. I was really hoping that gender patch would not be an issue for me but because of bugs I have to deal with it and I don't want to. Lucky someone posted the cheat to change a career outfit because it is disturbing seeing my lady's male Sim going to work in heels.