Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why plantsims?

I've been reading some threads and people really seem to miss plantsims. I know TS2 had them, but I don't think I ever played with them. Can you people refresh my memory about what they did and why you like them so much? :)
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    TS3 also had them in the university expansion. They had special gardening abilities and different needs and could regenerate some needs by planting themselves in ground for awhile.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Ooooh i never got that EP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Yeah, I've never played with them either, they still don't interest me that much. I'm holding out for pets and seasons.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, I've never played with them either, they still don't interest me that much. I'm holding out for pets and seasons.

In ts2 they were pretty ugly, well not ugly, but not pretty
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    _dre__dre_ Posts: 332 Member
    I played TS2, but I don't think I bothered with them too much. Plantsims from TS3 were awesome- personally, I liked the way they looked, and many of my sims would garden for a living. They also didn't have bladder, hunger or hygiene needs, but they did have a water need which fit nicely with seasons, because the rain would help fill the need. You could also harvestplant sim babies, lol. They looked a little creepy, but the idea was adorable- to me at least. :D
  • Options
    _dre_ wrote: »
    I played TS2, but I don't think I bothered with them too much. Plantsims from TS3 were awesome- personally, I liked the way they looked, and many of my sims would garden for a living. They also didn't have bladder, hunger or hygiene needs, but they did have a water need which fit nicely with seasons, because the rain would help fill the need. You could also harvestplant sim babies, lol. They looked a little creepy, but the idea was adorable- to me at least. :D

Lol I love the water need and that they can harvest plant baby sims, reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason lol

I had no idea that could happen, im thinking of going back to TS3 soon I might get university.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I've never cared for Plantsims, personally. Rarely played with them in TS2 or 3. They're pretty much at the bottom of my list of supernatural types I would like to see return (along with mummies and Bigfoot). I'd rather have fairies for the gardening abilities.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I've never cared for Plantsims, personally. Rarely played with them in TS2 or 3. They're pretty much at the bottom of my list of supernatural types I would like to see return (along with mummies and Bigfoot). I'd rather have fairies for the gardening abilities.

Fairies were such a nice addition. I really love them! Except that I could never match their outfits to wings lol

As for plant sims I only remember the ones in TS2, cause I didn't have TS3 university. I do miss the greenhouse! Did we have that or am I imagining it?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ill explain their abilities cause i actually really liked them.

In sims 2 they could reproduce asexually anytime anywhere and a toddler plant sim would appear. Then they skipped straight up to adult if i remember correctly.

I really liked them cause they only had 3 needs, water, love, sun.

In sims 3 theyre alot more complex, they can turn into an actual plant in the ground to "sleep". They can talk to plants, have a water need, can blow poison kisses, absorb puddles etc.

They were just really unique and fun.

Imagine them coming in.a seasons pack again and having their appearance and abilities change depending on the weather and season.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I didn't like plantsims in Sims 2 that much, and I never got a chance to play with them in Sims 3 (I should really reinstall Sims 3....)
  • Options
    Ill explain their abilities cause i actually really liked them.

In sims 2 they could reproduce asexually anytime anywhere and a toddler plant sim would appear. Then they skipped straight up to adult if i remember correctly.

I really liked them cause they only had 3 needs, water, love, sun.

In sims 3 theyre alot more complex, they can turn into an actual plant in the ground to "sleep". They can talk to plants, have a water need, can blow poison kisses, absorb puddles etc.

They were just really unique and fun.

Imagine them coming in.a seasons pack again and having their appearance and abilities change depending on the weather and season.

Poison kisses sound so fun! Like poison ivy lol
    Andygal wrote: »
    I didn't like plantsims in Sims 2 that much, and I never got a chance to play with them in Sims 3 (I should really reinstall Sims 3....)

I didn't even know they were in the sims 3 lol

Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I like them, that's why :D

No but seriously, they're cool to have. I guess most people like them for their looks as they don't have that many special abilities. The ones they do have are pretty cool tho.

In case they come back, I'd love to see some more variety in plant clothing. Just because it's needed and you can get really creative with it :blush:

I know how they looked in TS2 and they were very curious looking but were overall "pretty" Maybe with the great CAS in TS4 they could do a lot more with outfits and looks. They could really convince me with a nice look for plantsims in TS4. I saw some pics in google of TS3 plantsims and I thought TS2 sims looked better.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I loved them in TS3 the photosynthesize option and their needs were super cool. I don't think we'll ever get them in TS4 though as it came with a moodlet in cool kitchen stuff pack
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    _dre_ wrote: »

I've never played plantsims and had no idea of their purpose/abilities. Now that I'm mildly curious, I might go back to TS3 and check them out. Still doesn't sound interesting enough to bring to TS4 though, imo.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't mind them and break up the usual spooky supernaturals we normally get. We have kinda got them in game already, but limited with the Ice Cream maker, but it's only temporary.
    tumblr_oebvh1dsk71vflx9go1_540.png~original
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    I don't mind them and break up the usual spooky supernaturals we normally get. We have kinda got them in game already, but limited with the Ice Cream maker, but it's only temporary.
    tumblr_oebvh1dsk71vflx9go1_540.png~original

I still haven't played one yet in TS4. Do they have any abilities during their limited time?
  • Options
    ayekantspeylgudayekantspeylgud Posts: 44 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I've been reading some threads and people really seem to miss plantsims. I know TS2 had them, but I don't think I ever played with them. Can you people refresh my memory about what they did and why you like them so much? :)

What is a plantsim?? I played TS2, TS3 & TS4 - TS2 a looong time ago - but I have no idea what a plantsim is? Do you have pictures? Now I'm curious.
  • Options
    ayekantspeylgudayekantspeylgud Posts: 44 Member
    ... Said that and missed the plantsim screenshots... Sorry about that. But still, this is news to me!
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I played Rose Greenman once in ts2, but didn't even make it through the first day before I gave up with it because I accidentally spawned another toddler plantsim who I really didn't want to deal with :# I never played ts3 plantsims, but I searched them up on google just now and I can truthfully say they make ts2 plantsims look like gods/goddesses. I'm glad that ts4 has incorporated them into the game a tiny bit but can't say I need them as a full on supernatural.
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    There are plenty of plant sims idea around the recent games. For Example, Guild War's Sylvari or Poison ivy from batman. I hope they can do more than 'acting like plant' in sims 4.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Plant sim, aliens, mermaids are made redundant in my game. It's a complete waste of space in the creative field

The Sims Game
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    I miss them so much :'(
    I always played big plant sim families, that had more of a pergola style house instead of an normal one. They slept under the stars, lived of the sun and what the nature produced for them - oh my, now I miss them even more... :'(:(:s
  • Options
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Plant sim, aliens, mermaids are made redundant in my game. It's a complete waste of space in the creative field

Why?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Orchid13 wrote: »

Why?

Because people pays for it :p
  • Options
    @Orchid13 wrote: »

Why?

Because people pays for it :p

But why a waste of space in the creative field?
    21mbz47.jpg