Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chances of getting pregnant?

Hi everyone, does anyone know the percentage of chance for getting pregnant via "woohoo" vs "try for baby"?

Comments

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    There's no chance for WooHoo- not sure about Try for Baby - I'd say mine is approx. 66.6%
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    In 15-20 attempts at Try For Baby, I believe mine failed maybe 3 times. It could be slightly more, I didn't really keep track.
  • Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    I've never had my sim not get pregnant with try for baby. I don't know if it's broken or what.
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I nearly started a war on facebook when I said that you cannot get pregnant with woohoo alone lol. Apparently most of the players that post on facebook have a different sims 4
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I've never had my sim not get pregnant with try for baby. I don't know if it's broken or what.

same for me too.

I think 5% in woohoo, 50%in try for baby would be nice. But it's not what we have in our hands.
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    My Sim got pregnant by woohooing only once. I get you could call her lucky?
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    my sims never got pregnant from whoohoo, I don't think its possible. I don't understand how other got their sims pregnant and I think they might have made a mistake and clicked on the wrong action! 15 times out of 20 seems about right for the try for a baby action.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    So far at my attempts it only fail about 2 times but I think you have a better chance of twins than a fail pregnancy.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    My Sims have never gotten pregnant with the "Woohoo" option. The "Try for baby" option works about 98% of the time for me.
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I read somewhere that try for a baby is set up to work 80% of the time.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    My last two families had to 'try for baby' three times because the first two failed.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fast, my sim woohooed (try for baby) one time with a mix Asian guy with a nice bod and didn't knocked up until she peed on the pregnancy test, thank the sim lord she stuff together and a nice home

I think regular woohoo is the causal protection version lol
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I nearly started a war on facebook when I said that you cannot get pregnant with woohoo alone lol. Apparently most of the players that post on facebook have a different sims 4

I've had reputable people tell me here too that it's possible. So I'm really not sure.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    thecoolmaster156thecoolmaster156 Posts: 2 New Member
    woohoo is basically sex with a condom and condoms only work 98.2% of the time so i think thats is how the made woohoo, i dont know for sure but it is cool to think about
  • Options
    thecoolmaster156thecoolmaster156 Posts: 2 New Member
    i need help my sim has tried for a baby 6 times now and she has not got pregnant yet HELP
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    woohoo is basically sex with a condom and condoms only work 98.2% of the time so i think thats is how the made woohoo, i dont know for sure but it is cool to think about

I thought it was 96% , but maybe they are on the pill lol that works 99.9% of the time.

I mean trying to be realistic in this game. I have mods so I can manipulate this. So considering trying for a baby is when sims are trying to get pregnant it should be 90% for it to succeed. As for risky wohoo it should be the same if we assume they are not being safe and if we think of it as they were safe but
    were extremely unlucky there should be a 4% chance for them to get pregnant lol unless we pretend they are on the pill.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    i need help my sim has tried for a baby 6 times now and she has not got pregnant yet HELP

That happened to me once in TS2. I was pretty frustrated so I made them adopt it was awesome :) I didn't give up with try for a baby though and when she got pregnant she had twins. That was my favorite family.

They don't have a different game, there is a small chance to get pregnant through wohoo in the game, it's rare but it can happen without mods.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I had a sim who's partner had the fertile trait and got pregnant with the woohoo interation. Could be a glitch though as I have read that the devs stated it was a 0% chance without the 'Try for Baby'. With a code as large as the Sims unknown glitches are bound to happen.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible to get pregnant through woohoo in an unmodded game, people must have accidentally selected try for baby, which is about the same as a condom breaking irl I guess.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    In my Sims game.. along with their family club running constantly which includes Flirty and Woohooing.. and all of the flirty things in the house.. my human couple doesn't woohoo, unless I make them.. but my vampire couple .. is another story.. they have gone on their own a couple of times.. and I initiate it for them also using just Woohoo.. and well, lets just say a LOT.. lol.. they have beat that poor flowered bush down almost. But so far, Brisa has not became preggers.. On the other hand, I had my human couple, One and Teagan try for a baby just once, and she became pregnant. And something I noticed.. not sure if it was lag, or maybe something new within the Vampire expansion.. but when Teagan took her test.. and it did come back positive.. she did not get the first slight baby bump they always get when it registers positive.

Either way.. I would love if EA would put a small chance of pregnancy with just WooHoo.. but then players would whine and cry about it, just like they did with the freewill woohoo when EA snuck it in on us last year.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2017

Actually my only sims married couple before toddlers did get pregnant with woohoo - maybe because I did not want them to get pregnant as I was not willing to have a sim baby in my game without toddlers. So I deleted the save and never allowed any more woohoo with any of my sims. It does happen in games with no CC and no mods as it happened to my sims. It was after the OR gp came out as my sim met and fell in love with the park ranger there and when he went back home they grew their relationship as she would come visit him in Willow Creek. They did not have any woohoo til they married, and just the third woo hoo they had. Believe me I did not accidentally try for baby as I was having no part of poof babies. My sims were just not having babies. I had planned to let them adopt a child age kid eventually but definitely had not planned on having a baby. I am also not the only one who had that happen in my family either. Even though it is rare - but it does seem to only happen accidentally when sim is married in my game and because of that I stopped letting any sims get married.

Now we have toddlers it is a whole other story and I don't care if they get preggers. LOL. Funny thing though - now that I don't care if they get preggers or not - since the toddlers, not a single sims couple has gotten pregnant without using the try for baby. LOL. Figures.

ETA - I do know one thing that park ranger was family oriented sim who was almost an adult and she seriously wanted a baby as she pictured babies in her thought bubbles a lot - so perhaps having that trait matters. Again no mods and no CC in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've never had it happen from woohoo in any version of the game that I have played including 4 now. I can say that there is a whole lot of woohoo happening in my game as well. Lol. It sounds like it is rare but possible. Trying for a baby has usually been successful in one try. I've only had one failed pregnancy test. My most recent couple to have a baby does seem to have had infertility. They tried for a baby three times over a Sim week and nothing was happening until the woman took a pregnancy test after the third try and got a positive. She had one baby, so the other two tries were failures.

I don't know if my game has a bug regarding getting pregnant without a pregnancy test but I don't really mind. I decided that they had some infertility and had to try harder than most to get pregnant. I was pretty glad that they just had one. I have not had any multiples in this version of the game but I have also pointedly avoided doing the things that encourage multiples. More power to the people who like playing with multiples but unless it randomly happens in my game, it probably won't happen. No fertility massages or treatments for my Sims.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited February 2017
    Try for a baby is 75%
    Woohoo is 0% unless you use a risky woohoo mod, which I do and have it set to 30%

ETA: I might actually be confusing the 75% with TS3. But I can't imagine it being too far off from that.
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I think when the game first released, regular woohoo had a small percentage. However, it was quickly patched out. The problem is, even if you have it set to a .01% chance of happening, the number of woohoos that happen between all players in a day is so high that even just a .01% chance would make so many accident babies. And most players would not want an accident baby.

For try for a baby, I think I read somewhere that young adults have a higher chance of getting pregnant then adults. But either way, try for a baby has a pretty high percentage.
    Happy Simming!