Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chances of getting pregnant?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Try for baby is at 80% or 85% I think. Woohoo is at 0%.

But if you use MC Woohoo along with MC Command Center, you can add in risky woohoo as a more realistic choice than regular woohoo. It's like regular woohoo but instead of being loaded up with every form of birth control known to man, its like only using a condom. Or absolutely nothing, depending on what you set the percentage to. I have mine set to about 3% because it's more realistic. I've gotten about 1 or 2 accidental pregnancies from regular woohoo across a few save games with those settings. I also used MC to set try for baby at 70% because the constant success was getting annoying.
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Most of mine have gotten pregnant from one try but there have been a few cases where it's taken two or three. I haven't had any that had to try four times.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    There is an 80 percent chance you will get pregnant from Try for Baby and a zero percent chance with Woohoo Alone.
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    Sims4_cmSims4_cm Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="MissB;c-13330452"]I read somewhere that try for a baby is set up to work 80% of the time. [/quote]

I have had my sims family for a while(6 weeks) and try for baby has never failed i have also had other sims family about 15 and most if not all have had kids and only once has try for baby failed i am not saying i are lying it just makes me wonder if it is a different percent if u are playing on a different device. (Sorry for any spelling mistakes by the way)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    I've never had my sim not get pregnant with try for baby. I don't know if it's broken or what.

Did you try changing out the bed? Sometimes an item is glitched. Or, how large is the household on that lot? If you're already at 8 (and that includes pets) your Sim won't get pregnant. Of course, normally that interaction doesn't appear in the pie chart. Which prompts me to ask just how old is the Sim attempting to get pregnant?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    The last two tries for a baby are the first times I ever had a sim not get pregnant on the first try. Two separate sims, two separate households took two tries to get pregnant. I was beginning to think Try for a Baby was a foolproof.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I nearly started a war on facebook when I said that you cannot get pregnant with woohoo alone lol. Apparently most of the players that post on facebook have a different sims 4

Actually my only sims married couple before toddlers did get pregnant with woohoo - maybe because I did not want them to get pregnant as I was not willing to have a sim baby in my game without toddlers. So I deleted the save and never allowed any more woohoo with any of my sims. It does happen in games with no CC and no mods as it happened to my sims. It was after the OR gp came out as my sim met and fell in love with the park ranger there and when he went back home they grew their relationship as she would come visit him in Willow Creek. They did not have any woohoo til they married, and just the third woo hoo they had. Believe me I did not accidentally try for baby as I was having no part of poof babies. My sims were just not having babies. I had planned to let them adopt a child age kid eventually but definitely had not planned on having a baby. I am also not the only one who had that happen in my family either. Even though it is rare - but it does seem to only happen accidentally when sim is married in my game and because of that I stopped letting any sims get married.

Now we have toddlers it is a whole other story and I don't care if they get preggers. LOL. Funny thing though - now that I don't care if they get preggers or not - since the toddlers, not a single sims couple has gotten pregnant without using the try for baby. LOL. Figures.

ETA - I do know one thing that park ranger was family oriented sim who was almost an adult and she seriously wanted a baby as she pictured babies in her thought bubbles a lot - so perhaps having that trait matters. Again no mods and no CC in my game.

This is so strange. I also had a couple get pregnant with only woohoo a long time ago. I know they only woohoo'd because I always check the queue when they woohoo to confirm I pressed the right one, never got it wrong though but still. They had three teens and I didn't want them to have any more.

Colour me surprised when I saw the pregnancy test option when I had her go to the bathroom the day after. Both parents have the fertility reward trait and one might have had a family trait, they at least had a family aspiration.

I actually wish this was a thing, it would be so cool and give some randomness in the game we are so lacking in my opinion but maybe it was/ is just a glitch with the fertility trait or other.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    woohoo is basically sex with a condom and condoms only work 98.2% of the time so i think thats is how the made woohoo, i dont know for sure but it is cool to think about

American condoms seems to be of subpar quality...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek