Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Noticing a trend here

IApZscF.png

I can't stop adding toddlers to my households. They are SO CUTE.
Yes, 17 years of playing the Sims and I'm literally smiling every single time when there's a toddler in CAS screen.
I'm afraid almost every single household in my save will get toddlers sooner or later :joy:

ps. AREN'T THEY ADORABLE? :heart:

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited February 2017
    I do the same thing. I don't think I've gone a day without someone having a tot!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have not even played with toddlers yet! Just now I created my first family with a toddler, I'll get around to play it on the weekend, I hope. It's a single father who lost his wife, I am interested in finding out how he will handle it.

JTapper_zpsch8tbecs.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I still can't believe toddlers even happened. It's like I'm living in an alternate universe or something. o_o;
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    @mmertor do you have toddlers running around your neighbourhoods??

I've only been playing toddlers in the house I'm playing. I haven't given any sim I'm not playing a toddler.
    I wonder if you have a toddler in a house your not playing if their skills still go up??
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I am guilty of this as well! I've been playing with toddlers non-stop since they came out.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    My biggest problem with tots, mind you this is actually the ONLY one, is that I never see other ones when I take my family on outings. I try to make my tots have friends and create other households so they can have playdates, which btw, they should have added to the parties. I want to have them make lifelong friends with the other ones in the worlds. I've been happily playing every kind of household I can!
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I've been having random tots show up at my house on loads. It's cute. My own tots have been making friends with them.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I've been having random tots show up at my house on loads. It's cute. My own tots have been making friends with them.
    Do they turn up with a carer, what happens when they get hungry or need to potty??
    It seems strange to me that toddlers would be arriving on their own.
  • Options
    Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    My biggest problem with tots, mind you this is actually the ONLY one, is that I never see other ones when I take my family on outings. I try to make my tots have friends and create other households so they can have playdates, which btw, they should have added to the parties. I want to have them make lifelong friends with the other ones in the worlds. I've been happily playing every kind of household I can!

I agree I wish toddlers was added into the club system so I can have little play dates. :(
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »

This would be awesome! I too try to invite families who also have toddlers over for playdates as well :D, but it would also be good if it were a invite like interaction. Oh maybe something like a kids place where families take their toddlers and children. I've been trying to create a place like that in my simworld lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I am having a blast with toddlers. What I love is how the traits really seem to fit their little personalities & emotions. I have twins where one is angelic and I don't have a single problem out of him. He really is a little angel. He loves bath time and playing with his toys. Now his twin brother on the other hand, whew he is a handful. I used to think the animations in TS2 were cute for toddlers when they'd cry & shake the crib. But TS4 has all the previous iterations of toddlers beat. Those tantrum animations are something else and that quivering lip. My only wish is that there was a 'time-out' we could give them for the tantrums. But either way...I'm a happy Simmer. I love toddlers. They are just the cutest!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I still can't believe toddlers even happened. It's like I'm living in an alternate universe or something. o_o;
    It's like our flashpoint - Toddlerpoint :D

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    The guys are always better fathers then the mothers are as moms in sims, I noticed that since ts2 @Netzspannung, my father works at home and tends to the toddler, I love that they can travel and actually do stuff with their toddler off lot. My father always has to go and talk to someone in the city and he takes the toddlers with him. They do tend to wander though.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    RIGHT?! Every single time I play, I can't help it but involve the new toddlers! I love them so much and it's so fun to play with them. They add so much more personality to the sims.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I am doing the same thing!
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited February 2017
    @mmertor do you have toddlers running around your neighbourhoods??

I've only been playing toddlers in the house I'm playing. I haven't given any sim I'm not playing a toddler.
    I wonder if you have a toddler in a house your not playing if their skills still go up??

Nope, I'm a rotational player and I usually turn off auto-aging for other households when playing, so they wait for me to take care of them. But when I focus a single household and turn on auto-aging for others, they grow up with random traits and that's kind of fun too :smiley:

And no, no toddlers running around. Just kids, teens, y/adults and elders.
  • Options
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    RIGHT?! Every single time I play, I can't help it but involve the new toddlers! I love them so much and it's so fun to play with them. They add so much more personality to the sims.

Yesterday I want to create a heartbreaker & serial lover young adult sim but I can't help myself to add a toddler as a little sister too :D Because why not? :joy:
  • Options
    I am having a blast with toddlers. What I love is how the traits really seem to fit their little personalities & emotions. I have twins where one is angelic and I don't have a single problem out of him. He really is a little angel. He loves bath time and playing with his toys. Now his twin brother on the other hand, whew he is a handful. I used to think the animations in TS2 were cute for toddlers when they'd cry & shake the crib. But TS4 has all the previous iterations of toddlers beat. Those tantrum animations are something else and that quivering lip. My only wish is that there was a 'time-out' we could give them for the tantrums. But either way...I'm a happy Simmer. I love toddlers. They are just the cutest!

Animations in CAS (especially choosing the trait for them) are so cute too! Oh, the little dance when you choose "wild" trait :heart: So adorable.
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

This is interesting, that never happened in my game :anguished:
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @StilleWater Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about a career that keeps him at home, but do not want him to become isolated. So maybe one of the CL careers will work best for him.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I love it.

I am just desperate, now, for more clothes and hair for them. There's literally only 2 good hairs for each gender, after a while my todds start to look the same.

I need options! Gah!

--T
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    To7m wrote: »
    I love it.

I am just desperate, now, for more clothes and hair for them. There's literally only 2 good hairs for each gender, after a while my todds start to look the same.

I need options! Gah!

--T

I normally don't use CC (feels like I'm cheating) but I recently downloaded some Maxis matched hair styles for the little ones. It really helped to distinguish them. However, I'm planning to get rid of them as soon as we got official new stuff for tots :smiley:
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    mmertor wrote: »
    I love it.

I need options! Gah!

--T

I normally don't use CC (feels like I'm cheating) but I recently downloaded some Maxis matched hair styles for the little ones. It really helped to distinguish them. However, I'm planning to get rid of them as soon as we got official new stuff for tots :smiley:

Yes hairstyles is definitely the first thing I'm hoping they'll release for the toddlers. I think the clothing choices aren't that bad, the objects are ok too though I could use a bit more outdoor toys, but there's really not enough hairstyle compared to how many toddlers I'm planning to have :D
  • Options
    @Neia I adore the clothes too! Even though there aren't gazillions of choices available, we can create different looks with different colors and patterns. And how cute are the socks?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    mmertor wrote: »
    I love it.

I need options! Gah!

--T

This is not actually a bad idea, and some of the Maxis Match stuff is really nice. Do you have any links/recommendations?

--T