Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

its nice that they actually did something for the aninversy of the sims but still

are you actually impressed with what they did and added and if so why. i mean all they did was change the menu and add some clothes like really are you impressed that is all they did or did you not expect more or do not care.

Comments

• Options
    Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I was impressed when they added toddlers.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2017
    They had a HUGE game-changing patch update not long before the Anniversary update I think it's not logical to expect something else big right after that. Plus it's the 17th Anniversary and that's really impressive but I wouldn't expect them to make a really big deal out of an anniversary until the 20th.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    What Clothes? all I saw was 1 Tee Shirt in 3 colors, Whoopie, No I was not impressed at all, and I do not like that New screen they added either, I want the old one back.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I wish they would have just focused on bugs. I think people made such a big deal about them not acknowledging the 15th anniversary the team feels obligated to do something
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    They had a HUGE game-changing patch update not long before the Anniversary update I think it's not logical to expect something else big right after that. Plus it's the 17th Anniversary and that's really impressive but I wouldn't expect them to make a really big deal out of an anniversary until the 20th.

in other words its only the 17th aniversy and while its impressive its not exactly worth celerbarting at this point since they did add tolders to the game only a few weeks ago
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I wish they would have just focused on bugs. I think people made such a big deal about them not acknowledging the 15th anniversary the team feels obligated to do something

yeah i feel like they could have tired to time things better. like i am glad they released the tolders finally but at the same time it kind of overshaddows the 17th aniversasy of the sims 4 both in terms of what the sims team can do and how the players react towards it.
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

yeah i feel like they could have tired to time things better. like i am glad they released the tolders finally but at the same time it kind of overshaddows the 17th aniversasy of the sims 4 both in terms of what the sims team can do and how the players react towards it.
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    are you actually impressed with what they did and added

No.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that for the 20th anniversary they should give away free copies of TS5 (which should be released by then) to everyone who has been playing for 20 years and the free copy should be signed by Will Wright himself.

If that happens then I would be made! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

Yeah, as much as I love new content and wish for the base game to be improved, I think they deserve a pass this anniversary because of the toddler update. Not to mention, they should be focused on fixing the bugs that patch introduced more than anything else. Specially before they had the next EP to the mix. These days, I get more excited with patches full of bug fixes than patches with content. While I appreciate the gesture, that t-shirt is just another piece of EA clothing that I will never use and wish I could remove from CAS...
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think that for the 20th anniversary they should give away free copies of TS5 (which should be released by then) to everyone who has been playing for 20 years and the free copy should be signed by Will Wright himself.

One can wish haha
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    If I'm being honest, every free update we get now seems pathetic next to them dropping toddlers on us. Rationally, I still appreciate every free thing we get, but the base part of my brain doesn't see it that way. The base part of my brain is like, "So when will we get another free update like toddlers? I want more of that."

And then the rational part of my brain is like, "Bro, toddlers were a special case. You need to drag your expectations back down to reality."

And my base brain is like, "What's reality? Also, when is the second wave of toddlers?"
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    They celebrated the Sims 17th anniversary more than I celebrated my 17th wedding anniversary. 17 is really not one of those Big Special Numbers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    are you actually impressed with what they did and added and if so why. i mean all they did was change the menu and add some clothes like really are you impressed that is all they did or did you not expect more or do not care.

I'd have liked a little more. I'd generally prefer a wall poster or object instead of a CAS item too, I'd just find that a little more usable.

However, they did just give us a massive toddler update with a ton of new content for free, so I'll happily pretend that was the anniversary gift.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, every free update we get now seems pathetic next to them dropping toddlers on us. Rationally, I still appreciate every free thing we get, but the base part of my brain doesn't see it that way. The base part of my brain is like, "So when will we get another free update like toddlers? I want more of that."

And then the rational part of my brain is like, "Bro, toddlers were a special case. You need to drag your expectations back down to reality."

And my base brain is like, "What's reality? Also, when is the second wave of toddlers?"

Lol. :D:D:D
  • Options
    toscanatoscana Posts: 10 New Member
    I recently experienced the loss of all my created Sims after the new update, that changed the layout of the game. I called the EA help and they helped me to put the start date back to before the update to see if I could recover the original game. I left to work and came back to see if it had worked. To my surprise I could not start the game at all. I called the EA help desk again and they helped me delete the whole game and reinstall it. After many minuets of waiting I now have the original characters that came with the game, which is nice because I had lost Vlad due to excessive sun exposure. I cal my game Life after the Update Rapture because most are gone and some were left behind. Every thing I created and built over three years time, GONE!
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    Would have liked if the made a discount on the stuff packs or made them as a cheaper bundle options, feel aside from maybe the glamour pack it's really little you get for the asking price. But have to admit some the stuff pack i would like to buy but just not at that price.
  • Options
    buecherbinebuecherbine Posts: 19 New Member
    I for once actually like the update of the starting menu. It is nice, that you can now browse through the objects of expansion packs directly, so you don´t need to search the web to get this information.
    For the t-shirt I don´t care either. I admitt it has a nice pattern, but my Sims don´t wear t-shirts that often.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I for once actually like the update of the starting menu. It is nice, that you can now browse through the objects of expansion packs directly, so you don´t need to search the web to get this information.
    For the t-shirt I don´t care either. I admitt it has a nice pattern, but my Sims don´t wear t-shirts that often.

I haven't played since the update. But correct me if I'm wrong: I'm pretty sure we could that well over a year ago. perhaps it was in a less obvious spot than it is now?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I haven't played since the update. But correct me if I'm wrong: I'm pretty sure we could that well over a year ago. perhaps it was in a less obvious spot than it is now?

It was in the premium DLC button that replaced the location of the build/buy mode one.

Really, the only one who wins with this UI redesign is EA, as it will manage to get those who cannot stand to see an incomplete collection of DLCs right in their face every time they go to press the play button.

I'm ticked off they removed the button to easily hop into CAS from the main menu, too.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2017
    toscana wrote: »
    I recently experienced the loss of all my created Sims after the new update, that changed the layout of the game. I called the EA help and they helped me to put the start date back to before the update to see if I could recover the original game. I left to work and came back to see if it had worked. To my surprise I could not start the game at all. I called the EA help desk again and they helped me delete the whole game and reinstall it. After many minuets of waiting I now have the original characters that came with the game, which is nice because I had lost Vlad due to excessive sun exposure. I cal my game Life after the Update Rapture because most are gone and some were left behind. Every thing I created and built over three years time, GONE!

Good reminder to make a copy of your Saves file regularly and keep it somewhere safe -- either on a separate drive (like a thumb drive) or somewhere else on your computer. (Also your Tray folder if you do a lot of building and save your builds to your Library.)

As for the original topic, I wasn't even expecting anything for the anniversary -- I thought toddlers were an early present. (Wish I could get my birthday present that early -- birthday's in early March but I really want a new tablet.) I wouldn't mind a few monthly patches with just bug fixes so we have more time to enjoy what we have (I've been so involved with my vampire save I haven't had a chance to get back to my Simself's family to see her impending baby and decide what trait I'm going to tackle this time).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    so pretty much its a mater of because its only 17 years its not that big of a deal and they gave us a tolder patch its okay for them to not focus on this aniversrary.
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    I like that I can more clearly see what I have already been nickel and dimed on so I can remind myself not to buy anymore overpriced packs!
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    People are allowed to feel differently. Im not sure what exactly you're looking for or asking.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Yes yes yes luuurve this!