Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Hi you guys! Since I don't have much to do except wait for my train to leave at the moment, I figured I'd post this now: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 3: Afterlife 101
    pcKYytd.jpg

It's time for some answers, but the answers aren't nearly enough...

I hope you guys have a lovely day!
    Hi you guys! Since I don't have much to do except wait for my train to leave at the moment, I figured I'd post this now: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 3: Afterlife 101
    pcKYytd.jpg

It's time for some answers, but the answers aren't nearly enough...

I hope you guys have a lovely day!

New story ??? .. following and will catch up on my reading Monday :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @lisabee2 Yup, a new story. The Ambrosia Challenge wouldn't leave me alone until I finally decided to try it. :) Thanks for following!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello!
    I am bad at introducing myself. That's because I am insecure, and I don't know why, but I'll try to say something

My real name is Nina. Umi is kind of my alter-ego surname, picked from my simself founder of my first and only (failed) Sims 3 Legacy. It means "sea" in Japanese.
    I am 24, irregular high-school student, who does currently an online freelancing here-and-there. I live with my mother and a younger brother. I played Sims 1 since it was released, up until Sims 2 came out. I was so creative, full of imagination then, when it comes to playing Sims 1. Then, when I got to play Sims 2, I was obsessed with creating sims, and forgot about building. Then I started playing just one family, with adding family members to their household. If I had online access back then, I would totally play Legacy Challenge. Sims 3, well, I didn't have online access when I played it too, until now. Now I have just Starter Pack, which I got recently (base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff). Pretty limiting. :( I played TS4 trial, and now I am going to buy the full game in a few days). I got all the games I previously had by someone else, and now I don't have access to any of them (I don't want to tell why).
    I could write more about myself, but it takes me awhile to open up to world.

These days I've been playing a challenge called "Officially" Wacky Boolprop Challenge, for Sims 3.
    I have some issues in my head right now, and I feel like I'm forcing myself every time to start a game, because I can't calm down my racing thoughts. I have troubles concentrating on the game. I want to finish the challenge and its story on the blog, but I'm constantly anticipating getting Sims 4. I am excited because of it, perhaps too much. I need to allow myself to fully enjoy my Sims 3 challenge. It's 4 generations long, on normal lifespan, so it's not that long. I also have trouble in being consistent playing the challenges and writing stories to the end. But, I must finish this one.

The title of the story is Wacky Lyles

This is the page with links to the chapters, with the information about the challenge:
    umisimslegacy.wordpress.com/wacky-lyles-owbc/

I hope you'll like it, at least partially :smile:
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Hi @ninaumi , there is no need to feel shy here, welcome to the thread!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    TheYetiSimTheYetiSim Posts: 17 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Just posted all of the Chapters in my Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 Story :)

Do any of you happen to remember that TV show? :blush: Yeah, I'm a huge fan of it! ;)

I'd love to have you go check it out. :) Thanks. <3

Hi.

I remember Quantum Leap so went and read your story.

It is fantastic!

I bookmarked it and will read every chapter!

Well done!
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @emorrill Thank you so much. :) And, hey, I used to watch Quantum Leap when it was on. I'm going to check out your story. :)

@ninaumi It's very nice to meet you! :) I'm going to check your story out, too.

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @ninaumi hello there! :D Welcome to the forums, and I'm glad you found this thread. :) If you need any help with the forums, sims 3, or (hopefully soon) sims 4, feel free to check out my site full of guides (link in my signature). :) Hope to see you around here more often!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @emorrill Thank you so much. :) And, hey, I used to watch Quantum Leap when it was on. I'm going to check out your story. :)

@RosemaryMariee oh yay! Glad to hear. It's seriously one of my all time favorite TV shows and I'm a super fan! ;) Am even reading the books! :D
    The story starts out a little slow but gets better. :) I need to check out yours and so many others on here. Thank you. <3
    @emorrill : That's the era when I was growing up, but I never did manage to catch it. I grew up on a lot of 80s/90s TV though. You are certainly welcome to come add all your stories to my story library thread, The Stories and Legacies Index, any and all Sim stories are welcome!

Also... Happy Caturday!

@mastressalita Thank you. <3 I will have to go and do that. ;)
    You'd love Quantum Leap then! You can watch episodes for free at NBC.com.
    Your story sounds awesome! :D Happy Caturday to you too. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@RosemaryMariee oh yay! Glad to hear. It's seriously one of my all time favorite TV shows and I'm a super fan! ;) Am even reading the books! :D
    The story starts out a little slow but gets better. :) I need to check out yours and so many others on here. Thank you. <3
    @emorrill : That's the era when I was growing up, but I never did manage to catch it. I grew up on a lot of 80s/90s TV though. You are certainly welcome to come add all your stories to my story library thread, The Stories and Legacies Index, any and all Sim stories are welcome!

Also... Happy Caturday!

@mastressalita Thank you. <3 I will have to go and do that. ;)
    You'd love Quantum Leap then! You can watch episodes for free at NBC.com.
    Your story sounds awesome! :D Happy Caturday to you too. :)
  • Options
    @ninaumi Hello and welcome to the forums and to this thread! I hope you like it here! :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @emorrill Thank you again! I didn't know there were books, too! How cool is that? I really like your story and I love how you even made your sim look like Scott Bakula! Did you watch Sliders, too? It was a 90s show, but I liked that one as well. :)

• Options
    @emorrill Thank you again! I didn't know there were books, too! How cool is that? I really like your story and I love how you even made your sim look like Scott Bakula! Did you watch Sliders, too? It was a 90s show, but I liked that one as well. :)

Thank you @RosemaryMariee <3
    Yes, I did indeed make him look like Scott because he's a hottie! :love::tongue: I'm surprised he turned out so well because I am HORRIBLE at creating sims based on real people!
    I'm sure you've noticed it, but there are some screenshots where Sam's face expression matches Scott's to a T!!! It blows my mind! :open_mouth:
    I did upload him to the Exchange so if you are interested you can download him here. :blush:

I haven't heard of Sliders. What's it all about?

Oooo! Your stories are based on journal entries? :smiley: I love those! Will have to read a few while daughter is in school. Your sims are stunning! And your pictures are full of bright colors. <3
  • Options
    Hiiiii! It took some time, but I got the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango done! Finally! Also it's a super ill-timed Spooky Day-themed chapter because who cares about timing. :lol: Anyway, I hope you enjoy:

Chapter 32: Spooky Day Fragments
    xA2R1q5.jpg

It's Spooky Day, a time of spirits, jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, and remembering-how-we've-got-to-this-point. And possibly also a time for frightening encounters.

Have a lovely time, everyone!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Hey all. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive, well in a manner of speaking anyway. :tongue: They recently changed my hours at work as part of a trial period to see how I'd do in a higher level role. It's been interesting but it's also been a return to the old '9-5' routine, which has had it's share of bumps.

To top it off, I've come down with the flu, thanks to my oh-so-thoughtful co-workers who decided to come into work sick. Friday, I woke up feeling a tad off, and as the day went on, I started feeling worse and worse. I'll spare you the gruesome details, but let's just say it hasn't been pretty. I'm hoping to be well enough to go back to work before I use up all my PTO, but I definitely couldn't work feeling the way I do now.

Anyway, I've been keeping watch over everyone here. It's nice to see faces old and new. :smile: Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello everyone! My name is Melissa Lungu (Mel for short...I know...imaginative right? :smiley: ) I am a 37 year old, happily married mother of 3 lovely little boys: Elijah is 5, Joseph is 3 and Daniel is 9 months old in 3 days time. We have been married for 7 years and also have a ginger cat named Theo. I make cakes for a living (see pics here: facebook.com/melsfabbycakes )

I just started my first legacy ever (using TS4) and saw this post...so thought I'd jump on the bandwagon :blush:

Soooo I've been playing The Sims since the beginning (2000) and when TS2 came out, I owned them all. When TS3 began, I got married and began having real life babies, so no longer could afford to buy every EP and SP (or play very often) so I have everything but ITF and Supernatural and no SPs except Town Life because I got it during a sale. Now I own TS4 and GTW and Dine Out...and am toying with the idea of buying CL because of the extra careers that are available (namely Food Critic really...and that's only because it goes so well with the restaurant features of the games I already own)

During TS2 I began playing a Sim called Kate Harris, who I loved deeply. She married George McCarthy (remember him? The teen NPC shop assistant?) had 2 children, Jessica and Robbie.

And then I got TS3. I recreated the family, I then developed her back story and included her horrid mother, Freya, (chubby redhead who wears too much make up and animal print, always having affairs and being generally evil), nerdy dad, Seb, and 2 nature-loving grandparents Arthur and Rosemary. Due to bugs and a complete lack of time to play, Kate has never got past teenager in any incarnation of my game, so I'm really looking forward to starting this legacy in TS4.

So I've done a random legacy, and my results are:

1) Couple
    2) 2 kids
    3) Secret Agent (villain)
    4) Career Hopper (rolled 1: entertainer (mus) 2: entertainer (com) 3: Scientist 4: Secret Agent (diamond) 5: Doctor
    5) Deadbeat Parents
    6) Fixer Upper

Succession Laws: Equality Gender, Traditional Bloodline, Heir Law based on Strength (so I can make Kate my heir if she isn't naturally)

It'll be interesting to see if Kate comes out as I want her to...or if she even comes at all! The rolls I got determined that I would choose Freya to be my founder...so here she is:

Except the picture isn't displaying and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I've tried using both TinyPic and PhotoBucket but neither will display the screenshot I've uploaded...
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Melissa Lungu (Mel for short...I know...imaginative right? :smiley: ) I am a 37 year old, happily married mother of 3 lovely little boys: Elijah is 5, Joseph is 3 and Daniel is 9 months old in 3 days time. We have been married for 7 years and also have a ginger cat named Theo. I make cakes for a living (see pics here: facebook.com/melsfabbycakes )

I just started my first legacy ever (using TS4) and saw this post...so thought I'd jump on the bandwagon :blush:

Soooo I've been playing The Sims since the beginning (2000) and when TS2 came out, I owned them all. When TS3 began, I got married and began having real life babies, so no longer could afford to buy every EP and SP (or play very often) so I have everything but ITF and Supernatural and no SPs except Town Life because I got it during a sale. Now I own TS4 and GTW and Dine Out...and am toying with the idea of buying CL because of the extra careers that are available (namely Food Critic really...and that's only because it goes so well with the restaurant features of the games I already own)

During TS2 I began playing a Sim called Kate Harris, who I loved deeply. She married George McCarthy (remember him? The teen NPC shop assistant?) had 2 children, Jessica and Robbie.

And then I got TS3. I recreated the family, I then developed her back story and included her horrid mother, Freya, (chubby redhead who wears too much make up and animal print, always having affairs and being generally evil), nerdy dad, Seb, and 2 nature-loving grandparents Arthur and Rosemary. Due to bugs and a complete lack of time to play, Kate has never got past teenager in any incarnation of my game, so I'm really looking forward to starting this legacy in TS4.

So I've done a random legacy, and my results are:

1) Couple
    2) 2 kids
    3) Secret Agent (villain)
    4) Career Hopper (rolled 1: entertainer (mus) 2: entertainer (com) 3: Scientist 4: Secret Agent (diamond) 5: Doctor
    5) Deadbeat Parents
    6) Fixer Upper

Succession Laws: Equality Gender, Traditional Bloodline, Heir Law based on Strength (so I can make Kate my heir if she isn't naturally)

It'll be interesting to see if Kate comes out as I want her to...or if she even comes at all! The rolls I got determined that I would choose Freya to be my founder...so here she is:

Except the picture isn't displaying and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I've tried using both TinyPic and PhotoBucket but neither will display the screenshot I've uploaded...

Welcome to the thread as well! :) Glad you made it here. :) Sounds like an interesting legacy, if I do say so myself! I am actually starting another legacy of my own -- an I'm A Lover challenge-based legacy in the sims 4 now that I have TS4. Lol. It'll be my first actual playthrough of sims 4 for real, and I'm quite excited thanks to the founder that I've already created. :D I accidentally made her perfect for the challenge before I even knew the challenge existed. XD I still have a LOT of things to plan out before I actually start the story, such as how I'm going to write the story. XD I'm considering a diary-type story, but... I'm still not sure. Hehe.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. XD Good luck on your legacy! :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you all for a warm welcome!

As I purchased TS4, I'm continuing my Legacy.

Here's the navigation page:
    The Umi Legacy/home/

Post edited by ninaumi on
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @ninaumi ! WELCOME :)
    Don't be shy there are a lot of friendly, cheerful people here.

Ermm because I am plummy lost I am doing a small resume of what I finally update to my wordpress. There is not too much and next time I will only post my new posts only.

Miss V Detective regular stories returned and this is the 4 first part

Miss V Detective: First Sunday of Summer
    Miss V Detective: I Choose to Be.
    Miss V Detective: The End of the Break
    Miss V Detective: The Rookie and the Pros.

and the b-sides part (in my secondary wordpress linked to my main one)

Christine Beaver : The Origin of Sunset Valley
    Christine Beaver: The Origin of Sunset Valley 2.
    Miss V : a Childhood Tale

Happy simming and thank you especially people in the simkit community who wrote me supportive messages when I fixed my game !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Alright, so I've got a question for all of you that play The Sims 4:

What is your favorite piece of CC from the sims 4? (It's okay to have multiple pieces -- I'm going on a CC spree for the sims 4. :smiley:)

Along with that, what are some of your favorite mods for the sims 4?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Edit: E gahd (probably horribly misspelt that), double post! D:
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited February 2017
    @SilentWolf101 I love functional cc that we don't have a lot of variety in the game no matter the game you play it doesn't matter. I love functional robots for kitchen (coffee maker, tea maker, etc), small appliances, big appliances, computers, radios , even toys for children etc. Believe me these little things change a piece for the best.
    Everything we have less variety is the best to have.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 I love functional cc that we don't have a lot of variety in the game no matter the game you play it doesn't matter. I love functional robots for kitchen (coffee maker, tea maker, etc), small appliances, big appliances, computers, radios, even toys for children etc. Believe me these little things change a piece for the best.
    Everything we have less variety is the best to have.

Hehe, as do I. :) I feel like there's not a whole lot of variety in clothes and hair, so those are what I usually go for first. Then, I go for other stuff that I find looks nice. :)
  • Options

emorrill wrote: »

Thank you @RosemaryMariee <3
    Yes, I did indeed make him look like Scott because he's a hottie! :love::tongue: I'm surprised he turned out so well because I am HORRIBLE at creating sims based on real people!
    I'm sure you've noticed it, but there are some screenshots where Sam's face expression matches Scott's to a T!!! It blows my mind! :open_mouth:
    I did upload him to the Exchange so if you are interested you can download him here. :blush:

I haven't heard of Sliders. What's it all about?

Oooo! Your stories are based on journal entries? :smiley: I love those! Will have to read a few while daughter is in school. Your sims are stunning! And your pictures are full of bright colors. <3

@emorrill Sorry for the late reply! :) Thank you so much for your kind words. I really do love how you've gotten Scott Bakula so right in your story! It's amazing! Sliders was a show in the 90s and it starred Jerry O'Connell and John Rhys Davies. The basic premise was that they slid to parallel universes, trying to find their way back to the one they belong to. It was pretty cool. I think Quantum Leap was better, but Sliders was good.

• Options
    Hello! Are you ready to begin reading Blue's story? Chapter 3.1 is now available. If you're a new reader, don't feel obligated to start from the beginning with 1.1. In the menu at the top of my site, you can read recaps of what's happened in Gen 1 and 2. :)

Blue has run away from home and begins to realize what a huge mistake she's made. But will her pride allow her to go home?

featured_zpsgr99taco.jpg

As always, thank you for reading. I hope you all have a terrific day!