Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your prediction for cars in TS4?

simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
If it would come.. my prediction is that
1. You can build garage or parking area on lot. (Sims with car keys(owned cars) will park while other sims just travel normally)
3. Cars will fade out from lot to on road like in TS3 but with a little animation when sims goes travelling before loading screen. (Or not?)
4. Clicking on cars option would allow us to travel anywhere we want without need to go to map.
5. Interactions : woohoo, play stereo, nap in car, storage, travel (by listing or go to map), wash, repair, upgrade, repaint, attach stickers/props, sabotage... some of these can be group activities.
6. You can ask butler as personal driver.

What's your ideas? It could be different from my perspective. I just didn't know whether or not we will have these.

Comments

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    Everything you mention above is what I imagine we might get with The Sims 4 and I'd be happy with that.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I'd be happy with everything except for 3, but I don't see any way around it taking into account the way worlds are designed...
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    I'd be happy with everything except for 3, but I don't see any way around it taking into account the way worlds are designed...

If it would happen on only roadside venues?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    If we ever get cars, I honestly just predict them to have a 'Travel...' interaction that goes to map view and that's it... (similar to the elevators)
    Sure there would probably be an option for garages but that's about it...

That's all I predict, I just think this game's engine wasn't made for cars, since the sims in TS4 NEVER use any kind of vehicle...
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    To be honest I don't really miss cars in the sims 4. The only thing I really enjoyed with cars was during the days of TS2 where sims could make there own as part of freetime.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2017
    I would be happy with cars being teleporting device that just disappear on the spot, as long as we have entering/exiting animations, various interactions with them (like fixing/tinkering) and garages to put them in.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Cars in TS4 really confuse me because the driveways to the lots seem like they might not be able to use them. It would make no sense to have the car first fade from the garage to the road and then fade another time when the sim drives away from the neighbourhood. I'm thinking maybe we could have the car on out lot with a travel option (like @Omri147 said), but there would be no actual driving unless perhaps in a EP dedicated for road trips or car racing or whatever.

We now have an aeroplane icon when traveling on the map view, obviously they would change that and maybe re-design the loading screens to show our transportation vehicle (like in TS2). I also wonder how car pool, bus & NPC vehicles would work. Maybe those could spawn in the neighbourhood for our sim to catch the ride, then drive forward a bit until vanishing again. Would the deco traffic get in the way? There would also have to be boats for Windenburg! With all the platforms ready it might be a possibibility. But then City Living would need to have a metro...

I don't think they would miss the chance to add cars, but it would take whole GP or EP focusing on transportation :worried:
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I dont really miss cars in ts4. I imagine if they put them in they will be similar to ts2 cars.
    What I do miss are bikes (for adults and kids), strollers and brooms. :p All these could easily be used in the "districts" without a loading screen (ride around, visit a nearby lot with it ect.). Especially on a map like Windenburg or a future bigger map.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2017
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    I dont really miss cars in ts4. I imagine if they put them in they will be similar to ts2 cars.
    What I do miss are bikes (for adults and kids), strollers and brooms. :p All these could easily be used in the "districts" without a loading screen (ride around, visit a nearby lot with it ect.). Especially on a map like Windenburg or a future bigger map.

Not to derail the thread but I'd LOVE a GP focused on kids and toddlers with strollers, bikes (and you need to teach your kid how to ride them!), skateboards, pedal cars for toddlers, etc. I'd have this over vanishing cars without driveways.

Eta: I'd also like them to address the issue of insta-travelling. I'm not completely against the current teleporting system but I hate it that my sims leave their house in WillowCreek at 6pm and arrive to their destination in Oasis Springs at 6:01pm. This game is also about time management so travelling time should be taken into account.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,149 Member
    This would really help the game. I'm hoping for something like this towards the end of the year or maybe next year. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    I love the various interactions you listed! Hopefully they will take another approach to cars than before, and focus on interactions inside and outside of the cars, since actually making them drive on roads is pretty much impossible at this stage. I imagine you will click on the car to travel, get inside and then immediately be taken to the loading screen. When going to lots without parking space, the car will probably simply sit in your inventory.

I wonder what kind of theme they could combine this with? It doesn't seem like enough for a Game Pack, maybe a Stuff Pack?
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    If it would come.. my prediction is that
    1. You can build garage or parking area on lot. (Sims with car keys(owned cars) will park while other sims just travel normally)
    3. Cars will fade out from lot to on road like in TS3 but with a little animation when sims goes travelling before loading screen. (Or not?)
    4. Clicking on cars option would allow us to travel anywhere we want without need to go to map.
    5. Interactions : woohoo, play stereo, nap in car, storage, travel (by listing or go to map), wash, repair, upgrade, repaint, attach stickers/props, sabotage... some of these can be group activities.
    6. You can ask butler as personal driver.

What's your ideas? It could be different from my perspective. I just didn't know whether or not we will have these.

And kiss,cuddle,makeout and snuggle
  • Options
    LimeSims3 wrote: »
    I love the various interactions you listed! Hopefully they will take another approach to cars than before, and focus on interactions inside and outside of the cars, since actually making them drive on roads is pretty much impossible at this stage. I imagine you will click on the car to travel, get inside and then immediately be taken to the loading screen. When going to lots without parking space, the car will probably simply sit in your inventory.

I wonder what kind of theme they could combine this with? It doesn't seem like enough for a Game Pack, maybe a Stuff Pack?

How about a patch?
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I'm not into cars but if it means we don't get loading screens I'm fine with that.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    predictions? they're here already!

🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships ALL FREE to download!
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_cars.html
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_objects_sets_scifi.html
  • Options
    Sim2Blade wrote: »

Those are mod or cc cars and probebley maxis in game cars would have the car animations like TS2 cars did.
  • Options
    I'm not into cars but if it means we don't get loading screens I'm fine with that.

Cars wouldn't stop the loading screen. You'd still hit a loading screen but we could have all the fun in car animations like woohooing,chatting ect.
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    LimeSims3 wrote: »

How about a patch?

A patch would be awesome! :D But I think they won't give that much for free after the huge toddlers patch, they want to make profit too. :P
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If they add cars I think it will have to come with a new neighborhood? I doubt if the existing neighborhoods have roads where cars can drive.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sim2Blade wrote: »

Hi, you again, I'd like to add that those cars aren't drivable. They just stand there and the only difference is your sims teleport standing next to them, instead of standing somewhere else before teleporting.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    I don't really care about cars because they won't take your sims anywhere quicker, it will be the same time as it would take you walking as a sim.
    moss

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Cars aren't high on my wishlist, but if cars do return I hope that they're implemented similar to TS2. By that I mean cars with full animations of sims getting in/out of the car, backing up and driving down the street before they faded away. None of the TS3 teleporting (which felt lazy).
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The way Sims 4 is made - I say no vehicles of any kind unfortunately as I love sims vehicles - but the game so far can't support map roads.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I don't think we are getting cars or at least fleshed out as I would like because of the way some of the lots are away from the roads. I never liked the way in TS3 where they just faded into the car before it drove off and much preferred the TS2 way where you see them get into the car, sometimes struggle with the door on the older cars before driving off the lot. I don't mind if it then fades out TS2 style at the edge of the lot but the immersion was in seeing them actually walk up and get into the car and see it leave the drive or front of the house in the case of the carpool.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Hopefully we will get a world designed for cars.
    and I found this from ages ago
    Screen_Shot_2017_02_08_at_12_27_47.png
    giphy_1.gif