Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your prediction for cars in TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Well, my sim has no trouble running half a plum mile down the road when I tell her to go home so I don't see why she couldn't just do that on a bicycle or in a car. It'd be much faster, that's for sure.

But idk, we'll probably get a world just for cars, like apartments.

--T
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    LimeSims3 wrote: »
    I love the various interactions you listed! Hopefully they will take another approach to cars than before, and focus on interactions inside and outside of the cars, since actually making them drive on roads is pretty much impossible at this stage. I imagine you will click on the car to travel, get inside and then immediately be taken to the loading screen. When going to lots without parking space, the car will probably simply sit in your inventory.

I wonder what kind of theme they could combine this with? It doesn't seem like enough for a Game Pack, maybe a Stuff Pack?

How about a patch?

.... not everything is going to be in a patch. Most of the content people want, aren't going to be ''patch'' content.

Why do people even expect stuff like this all to come with patches?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I love the various interactions you listed! Hopefully they will take another approach to cars than before, and focus on interactions inside and outside of the cars, since actually making them drive on roads is pretty much impossible at this stage. I imagine you will click on the car to travel, get inside and then immediately be taken to the loading screen. When going to lots without parking space, the car will probably simply sit in your inventory.

I wonder what kind of theme they could combine this with? It doesn't seem like enough for a Game Pack, maybe a Stuff Pack?

How about a patch?

.... not everything is going to be in a patch. Most of the content people want, aren't going to be ''patch'' content.

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited February 2017
    Everything you mention above is what I imagine we might get with The Sims 4 and I'd be happy with that.

Yeah me too. I just recently for the first time used the car from The Sims 3 Roaring Heights store set, and it's a mix of 2/3 and I think thats the best we can expect for the Sims 4. Sims 2 style driving on and off driveway pieces just doesn't make sense after CL, and the way some of the worlds are designed.

I really deplore how they created that island in windenburg. 5 houses on an island with no cars, roads, or boats. That's just taking it too far, lol how do the Sims even in pretend world get from the main land to the island. Do they swim daily? C'mon Team. lol

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    I'd like to see Cars back with all those interactions you listed but also cleaned inside of car as well and if you use the car a lot it might not work like it would so check under the good to see what's wrong or call a mechanic to fix it. Why not put gas in the car with those little red gas containers and I also wish we can have a community cars like taxi, buses, school buses, delivery and more and also buy cars from a lot or online.
  • Options
    buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    I personally would like cars to have an animation for pulling out of the driveway and onto the road like in Sims 2. I always hated how in Sims 3 cars would just disappear and reappear on the road.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sim2Blade wrote: »
    predictions? they're here already!

🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships ALL FREE to download!
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_cars.html
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_objects_sets_scifi.html

Those are mod or cc cars and probebley maxis in game cars would have the car animations like TS2 cars did.

but they work
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If you can build a Rocket Ship and travel space without a college degree, then Sims should be able to build cars and drive around the neighborhood.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    My prediction for cars is it will be patched in like toddlers were because I believe it's the 2nd most asked for feature. If not patched in it will probebly be added to a Gamepack.
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Hopefully we will get a world designed for cars.
    and I found this from ages ago
    Screen_Shot_2017_02_08_at_12_27_47.png

Now I wouldn't mind having that pack just for the tourist destinations.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The way Sims 4 is made - I say no vehicles of any kind unfortunately as I love sims vehicles - but the game so far can't support map roads.

They could add roads to new worlds.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

How about a patch?

Because toddlers came with a patch.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The way Sims 4 is made - I say no vehicles of any kind unfortunately as I love sims vehicles - but the game so far can't support map roads.

They could add roads to new worlds.

I would rather they replace existing roads with a functional one.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    your not going to get functioning roads in sims 4 is not sims 3 it is not open world it is more like how it was back in the sims 2. blame the lazy devs at EA for using an updated sims 2 engine :expressionless:
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    TS2 had the best cars, so if they do the same cars as in TS2, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    If it would come.. my prediction is that
    1. You can build garage or parking area on lot. (Sims with car keys(owned cars) will park while other sims just travel normally)
    3. Cars will fade out from lot to on road like in TS3 but with a little animation when sims goes travelling before loading screen. (Or not?)
    4. Clicking on cars option would allow us to travel anywhere we want without need to go to map.
    5. Interactions : woohoo, play stereo, nap in car, storage, travel (by listing or go to map), wash, repair, upgrade, repaint, attach stickers/props, sabotage... some of these can be group activities.
    6. You can ask butler as personal driver.

What's your ideas? It could be different from my perspective. I just didn't know whether or not we will have these.

My idea is: I don't need them.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Who needs a car? Let's just have horses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.