Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    unless they have a devoted Danny Glover pack
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    I want a Predator 2 version - or I'm gone
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    by the way, what is your beef sausage with SimsVip Rlong? if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have bothered coming back. They asked nicely - that is all.

@EmberDahl, I think your last four-panel was funny and pretty spot on in regards to the cost to play video games in general these days, but at the end of the day--I think there is more of a love fest for TS4 in the community right now than criticism. We all know EA likes the money :lol: That being said, when quality is delivered, I reckon most of us don't mind paying for our game content. Currently, the devs are producing the content that players have been asking for; they've recently delivered on toddlers, and the game is being fleshed out.

Money grab or not--TS4 is becoming a proper Sims game.

When the base game and GTW were out and you created such an amazing story from just that, I was impressed. I'm very keen on seeing what you can do with TS4 now that it has so much more content and game play available. It's nice to see you back.

Happy simming :relaxed:

• Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Yay! Mr Sausage! And it isn't even my birthday!!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    <3 aaaaahhh OH MY!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    by the way, what is your beef sausage with SimsVip Rlong? if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have bothered coming back. They asked nicely - that is all.
    did they eat your baby?

You don't need to eat someone's baby to be unlikeable :unamused: The SimsVIP community tried to cyberbully some of the members and leaders here and lost a couple fans. That said, it's not a part of this community, so it doesn't matter whether folks have beef, sausage, or pork issues with them anyway. Let SimsVIP exclusives stay that way and don't involve that site with this board anymore please. Speaking for myself only: I'm really sick of hearing about that community and don't even understand why they are still a thing :-1:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, regardless whether the Sims 4 community is all rainbows and roses now or still critical, as far as I'm concerned mr. Sausage is quite right there. I don't mind paying for Sims content either, but I do mind when I have to, to get a 'full game'. It's not mr. Sausage's fault people fall for the trick and act as if it's normal. I find it kind of funny when I see Sims players stating they don't want to be forced to buy a high end computer to be able to play the game properly, but at the same time are fine with spending a fortune in order to be able to play a complete game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Well, regardless whether the Sims 4 community is all rainbows and roses now or still critical, as far as I'm concerned mr. Sausage is quite right there. I don't mind paying for Sims content either, but I do mind when I have to, to get a 'full game'. It's not mr. Sausage's fault people fall for the trick and act as if it's normal. I find it kind of funny when I see Sims players stating they don't want to be forced to buy a high end computer to be able to play the game properly, but at the same time are fine with spending a fortune in order to be able to play a complete game.

I totally agree with you. Just because most kitchen gear is "smart" nowadays, doesn't mean simmers should keep trying to play their games on toasters. I would rather get a complete game than pay for pieces truthfully, but at the end of the day EA has great sales--the only thing is will the sales be as frequent with fans actually buying the game now? :fearful:
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    So, did they ever fix the sims plummy reactions and emotions? I've been out of the loop for over a year and returned since toddlers came.
  • Options
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    So, did they ever fix the sims plummy reactions and emotions? I've been out of the loop for over a year and returned since toddlers came.

The emotions system is better but the sims are still either manic (viz. emotions change too rapidly) or numb (viz., always happy).
  • Options
    AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    omg this is hilarious
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    ]

The emotions system is better but the sims are still either manic (viz. emotions change too rapidly) or numb (viz., always happy).

That's an improvement. I guess...!

How about reactions? So far I noticed that my couple, who both hate children, are mostly tense since having twins. During pregnancy they would reject any social related to rubbing the belly and now whenever either parent puts their toddler to bed they become tense from kids room decor.

HOWEVER, when mum-to-be went Into labour, nobody seemed to care.
  • Options
    EmeraldDSEmeraldDS Posts: 42 Member
    This was hilarious to read! Good job :D
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've never seen the appeal of this thread.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    did they eat your baby?

You don't need to eat someone's baby to be unlikeable :unamused: The SimsVIP community tried to cyberbully some of the members and leaders here and lost a couple fans. That said, it's not a part of this community, so it doesn't matter whether folks have beef, sausage, or pork issues with them anyway. Let SimsVIP exclusives stay that way and don't involve that site with this board anymore please. Speaking for myself only: I'm really sick of hearing about that community and don't even understand why they are still a thing :-1:

Speaking for myself- SimsVIP is fine, as fine as any other site. If they had a problem with a few members and leaders here then that was with those people. It certainly was not my problem or that of a large portion of the rest of the membership of the forums. So, glad to see Mr. Sausages out of his retirement via whatever avenue you chose to take to bring him here- this is your thread OP, feel free to list whatever exclusives you want here.
    Simanite wrote: »

It's appeal is it's funny.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017

It illustrated just how poor the A.I. of sims was in The Sims 4; that was its appeal. It was so bad, it was funny and showed Maxis in a really bad light. @EmberDahl kept trying and trying and trying to get a negative reaction out of the non-played sims and invariably failed because the game was so broken.

You might have been accepting of this kind of quality, but many of us were not. Did you think that this issue should not have be brought to light?

How anyone think it was acceptable to release the game in that state eludes me.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Does my heart good to know that the lovely Mr. S is making a comeback. Good on you, @EmberDahl.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I got nothing against SimsVIP... Don't put so much sausage into it. I was just wondering why you didn't bring it here. too. Glad it's linked. :)

And yeah, I would have brought you some fruitcake to clog lots of sinks if I'd have know where to reach you. :cookie:

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I don't agree that everything is all sunshine and roses about the game all the sudden. Some players may be happy about some of the more recent releases but there are still lots of things missing (personally I thought the toddlers were very well done but the vampires are back to the same grinding up skills game play that in the end has little meaning or effect on the game, IMO). Some of us are still waiting to see if they fix how the sims react to each other (instead of just fleeting reactions to objects) and if they'll ever develop some individual personality, among other things.

Then of course there's the whole thing where they are apparently going to add little pieces and parts here and there and charge us separately for everything. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Glad to see you posting again @EmberDahl ..I really enjoyed your new comic.

I too am of the mindset that Sims 4 is slowly improving, but it still has many flaws and some of the fundamental issues that the game had in the beginning are still present. The emotions system is still incredibly flawed and all Sims still mostly act the same and lack individual personality. The reactions to certain things have improved, but there's still not really any consequences for misbehavior. For example - romantic jealousy... They react to seeing their partner cheat now (which just makes them generically angry but not angry at the specific Sim) but it's ridiculously easy to repair the relationship because the Sims have no memory and they don't really care, so the reactions are still awfully superficial. In my Sims 3 game, even with the in-game memories disabled, my Sims still have some kind of internal memory that they were wronged and it is difficult to get them to get along with a cheating spouse for a good long time. That's what Sims 4 is lacking, any real meaningful reaction to bad events and long term consequences for said bad events.

It's getting to be almost as buggy as Sims 3 was these days, as well. I haven't even bought the vampire pack yet even though it's one of the major things I've been waiting for with this game because I'm waiting for them to fix the out of sync mouths and a few other nasty issues before I want to bother playing Sims 4 again. I've been having loads of fun in Sims 3 again after a 3 year hiatus.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member

Mr. Sausage is just one of those things that if you have to explain it, it's no longer funny I guess.

I look forward to all the adventures of Mr. Sausage and do find them humorous..some were even gut busting funny to me.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Can someone here give me a summary what this thread is about? I never bothered to read it because it is way to long, but i always see people talking about it since forever
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Can someone here give me a summary what this thread is about? I never bothered to read it because it is way to long, but i always see people talking about it since forever

From page 1
    So, Sims 4. They have something new that all other sims games don't have - emotions. Now I've been playing with some fairly rounded happy go lucky arty/musiciany type sims, but this month I added a robot maid and an evil genius supervillian and have been pretty underwhelmed by the lack of any difference emotion and action wise between these new members and their existing family.

So as a bit of a laugh I thought I would go out of my way to create the most obnoxious, evil and annoying sim - and let him loose on a family of squeamish, snobby, hot headed people to see if these really are the smarter sims we've been told about.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

I could be wrong but if I remember it correctly it was started to point out the strange way emotions seemed to work when TS4 was released.

Don't be afraid of a 48 page thread....lots of picutures
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright