The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Did you know...?

Comments

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »

Took me a while.

01-25-17_1-42-58PM_zpswy8gwtxj.png
    Aw. That is the saddest thing ever.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Popsicle269Popsicle269 Posts: 5 New Member
    Did you guys know that you can create (given you have this GP as well as Get Together) a vampire only club? It's located under traits, I think. This means that if you feel like making a group of plasma fruit farmers or a gang of vampire dancers, you can! :smiley:
  • Options
    TylerNTSTylerNTS Posts: 4 New Member
    Did you know that when a command is backfired at your vamp, another vampire in the household can dispel the effect on them as long as they know that power? Useful when being backfired by townie vampires.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Command + Dispel over and over is an easy way to get powers leveled. :)

(Am I the only one that made a basement dungeon to trap humans in to use for food and leveling? And then order them around, haha... Only headache with it is sleeping speed at night, I wish that ignored non family members.)
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Did you know that garlic in the inventory of another sim will give a vamp the nasty odour moodlet and then means the vamp can't drink? I thought it only worked with those garlic wreath thingies... but garlic in the inventory works too.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Dani_Semedo94Dani_Semedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Did you know that a vampire can not command a Sim to clean the house if the Sim has the lazy trait.
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Did you know that a vampire can not command a Sim to clean the house if the Sim has the lazy trait.

Oh no! I had plans to make my lazy sims pull their weight LOL Fine I'll just keep the lazy ones around for their plasma >:)
  • Options
    Dani_Semedo94Dani_Semedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Zoey95 wrote: »

Oh no! I had plans to make my lazy sims pull their weight LOL Fine I'll just keep the lazy ones around for their plasma >:)
    lol. Correction is in fact the slob trait I always get them mixed up. You are safe.
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Zoey95 wrote: »

lol. Correction is in fact the slob trait I always get them mixed up. You are safe.

But I usually pair lazy with slob. Those traits just go hand in hand :D
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So apparently they made it so that plasma fruits and packs fill almost nothing? Like I get that they wanted it to be harder to keep "good" vampires fed, but I don't think five of the packs would fill a thirst vampire up. I don't really want to keep a "donor" around either.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Did you know that garlic in the inventory of another sim will give a vamp the nasty odour moodlet and then means the vamp can't drink? I thought it only worked with those garlic wreath thingies... but garlic in the inventory works too.

This is freaking awesome omg!

--T
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I don't know if it's intended, but my vampire can't talk to her plants.
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    So in the coding there is something about a swarm of bats impregnating a sim somewhere in FH. The game is hard coded to create a female vampire.

What is this all about?

Has anybody found this spot? Is it like the alien pregnancy?

Is this just left over coding and does nothing?
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    So in the coding there is something about a swarm of bats impregnating a sim somewhere in FH. The game is hard coded to create a female vampire.

What is this all about?

Huh?? I did never hear or read anything about this. Really? Can someone shed some light on this? Maybe @SimGuruNinja ?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

What is this all about?

No idea... sounds intriguing @SimGuruNinja - is this a worth investigating? New secrets perhaps?

--T
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    well the only places where swarms of bats can be found are the waterfall and the gate that has wooden boards on it. That's where I saw swarms of them coming out a couple of times. But who knows?
  • Options
    Deaderpool (MC Command Center creator) found it in the coding. I'm just curious if this is still a thing or if it's just left over coding.

I found a way to have the GP and not have Sims entering my homes uninvited so I'm so happy right now. Been researching all sorts of vampire stuff since (I just wanted more control of the vampires).
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Did you know that vampires with the nausea weakness can't consume plasma fruit salad or plasma jane without constantly running to vomit?
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

What is this all about?

This is just code for "Try for Baby as Bats" & the resulting pregnancy. Really. There is no concept in the game of any type of sneaky bat impregnation, attack impregnation, or anything that comes close to resembling that. It was never discussed even at the idea level while brainstorming so there is 0% chance that this was from some experiment or early design we cut.
  • Options

What is this all about?

This is just code for "Try for Baby as Bats" & the resulting pregnancy. Really. There is no concept in the game of any type of sneaky bat impregnation, attack impregnation, or anything that comes close to resembling that. It was never discussed even at the idea level while brainstorming so there is 0% chance that this was from some experiment or early design we cut.

AWW MAN!

The thought was that it was something like the alien abduction. Not sneaky or attack or anything, just another way to get sims pregnant.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2017

What is this all about?

You know @SimGuruNinja when you write it like that, my face is like:

2s8ib13.jpg
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Did you know that if you have the bird feeder from Backyard Stuff in Forgotten Hollow, the birds will come at night instead of during the day?

• Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Zafireria wrote: »
    You know @SimGuruNinja when you write it like that, my face is like:

2s8ib13.jpg

I laughed hard when i saw this. I can see how you could feel that way. Especially given my playful nature.

In this case i'm completely serious.
  • Options
    XrspopXXrspopX Posts: 2 New Member
    Did you know that you can find free plasma fruit and wolfsbane around Forgotten Hollow?