Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how many of us Simmers went back to Sims 3 or even 2 for that matter?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    v12creator wrote: »
    I play both Thesims2 and Thesims4 but as of now, i am playing more Thesims4 even tough i like Thesims2 better because...because it is just a part of my life. I wish origin allowed us to buy Thesims1 for what is worth..

Thesims3 can die in a fire.
    63637974e2c15ca2ed48f682bd51b4e6ba3b11fdd754266088ccec09a93976c5.jpg

Well that's pleasant!
    One can only guess why they opened the Sims 3 section.
    hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I play both Thesims2 and Thesims4 but as of now, i am playing more Thesims4 even tough i like Thesims2 better because...because it is just a part of my life. I wish origin allowed us to buy Thesims1 for what is worth..

Well that's pleasant!

I honestly think that people who enjoy Sims 3 are the most hated on these forums! I can't help it if I love a game that spoiled me rotten and I'm not ready to move on until I see a complete overhaul :lol:
  • Options

Well that's pleasant!

I honestly think that people who enjoy Sims 3 are the most hated on these forums! I can't help it if I love a game that spoiled me rotten and I'm not ready to move on until I see a complete overhaul :lol:
    So this place is kind of a zoo filled with weirdos for some :D ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    My excitement of the upcoming vamps and the toddler update has revived my interest in Sims 4, so I am playing that right now.

I will still play with Sims 3, mostly for the mermaids and Island Paradise (and Sunlit Tides) stuff and Into the Future content, but especially for the mermaids. I :heart: mermaids too much. :love:

The mermaids (and gorgeous looking worlds) are the main features keeping me in Sims 3. Island Paradise was my very first EP for Sims 3, actually.

I wish Sims 4 has tropical beach stuff and mermaids. I would pay for a gamepack or another EP with mermaids. :smiley:

Mermaids! :love:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Well that's pleasant!

Interesting the way you worded that.
    The poster said TS3 should die in a fire....you took it to mean you should die in a fire.
    No one hates you, and not everyone who likes TS4 hates TS3.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Well that's pleasant!

The poster said TS3 should die in a fire....you took it to mean you should die in a fire.

No I didn't at all. If you look back, my response to that comment you're referring to was 'Well, that's pleasant!'

Yes, I was probably being a bit overly dramatic; however my response about people who like Sims 3 being the most hated on the forums was in response to what @JoAnne65 wrote.

Please don't make assumptions on my behalf, but it is nice to know that I'm not hated :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Well that's pleasant!

No I didn't at all. If you look back, my response to that comment you're referring to was 'Well, that's pleasant!'

Yes, I was probably being a bit overly dramatic; however my response about people who like Sims 3 being the most hated on the forums was in response to what @JoAnne65 wrote.

Please don't make assumptions on my behalf, but it is nice to know that I'm not hated :lol:
    And why say Sims 3 can die in a fire in the TS3 section. There lies frustration in that - which I can't explain by the way but that's something the poster has to deal with himself - and it's the people you know won't agree and not like the comment you're adressing directly when you post it here. In a somewhat pathetic attempt to affect them (hence the meme). It's personal alright. No need to be hypocritical about it.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am playing both right now sims 3 and sims 4, I am playing the same game in both worlds. Somehow I am enjoying sim 3 more even with the new toddlers in Sims 4, I think it is because my head just can't seem to get around to the kids in Sims 4 jumping into a collage youth, It just shocks me every time and I don't enjoy the teen stage at all.
    Now as I said I am playing the same game in both. My sims in Sim 4 have a toddler now. I am not sure how I like the toddlers in Sims 4 yet and in Sims 3 my sims are not pregnant yet.
    Both started out in the city and have now moved. In sims 4 them moved too a more county setting and in Sims 3 they have moved to Lunar Lakes, considering that they were poor and the Government gave them a house and $1000 dollars to colonize Lunar Lake. A new world discovered and offered this arrangement to several families. So there they are and will be starting their new family soon.
    As of right now I tend to favor Sims 3. As time goes on I can tell better.
    In Sims 4 I might move them into Newcrest and try to make it an Alien World to match Sims 3. It is a little hard doing that because of the background in sims 4, guess I could ignore it. will try to build more alien like homes etc.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yeah I am still here and yes I have boughten all games from all the sims versions..... However, still not able to get into the sims 4...I hate to admit it and haven't yet .....but it is getting closer to it.... I believe it is the biggest oops there is... I have more fun playing sims 3 and 2 then 4. I install the packs etc: check it out then I am off and playing the old... however I am sure like me there are many that buy the sims 4 packs with high hope just to be disappointed.... sigh really not sure if I want to continue wasting my money on the sims 4... but afraid I ll miss something great.... I haven't missed anything yet... even the toddler thing though it was interesting for all of about 20 mins.....

Hi. I am just about at the same place; I'm not buying the vampire pack because I don't really play with the creatures anyway, but I will get around to fully playing the new toddlers in 4 eventually (just in the middle of some real life stuff right now and not in the mood to deal with all the frustrations of that game). I just can't see ever really enjoying that game unless they do something about the emotions being so environmentally triggered instead of being reactions to events and other sims, as they should be. I don't really like the cartoony style to begin with but the game mechanics like the emotions system make it feel even worse to me.

I guess time will tell. In the meantime I am never short of ideas on how to use my creativity in TS3. Having a blast doing it, too. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    TS3 can die in a fire? Funny, that is exactly how I feel about TS4.
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    Some of us never left. I'm waiting until I'm bored of 3 and 4 is awesome. Neither have happened.
  • Options
    KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member

I honestly think that people who enjoy Sims 3 are the most hated on these forums! I can't help it if I love a game that spoiled me rotten and I'm not ready to move on until I see a complete overhaul :lol: [/quote]
    So this place is kind of a zoo filled with weirdos for some :D ?

@JoAnne65 I resemble that remark hahaha. I do not trust anyone who claims to be "normal" >:)
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    Denimg8Denimg8 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    I cant seem to enjoy sims 4. It just feels too cartoony and very restricted in a lot of ways.
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    I fell in love with TS3 all over again after playing TS4 for a month or two. I enjoy the building and quite like the art style of TS4, but I just can't handle the shallow emotion system and the 'fake' surrounding world. The open world of TS3 just makes me feel like there's life and stories happening all around me, TS4 just makes me wonder why so many people are doing push-ups outside my house when they're supposed to be at work and why my sims emotions are regulated purely by showers. :/
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    After two and a bit years I've returned to TS3. Can't put up with TS4 for much longer!

The gameplay is so much better in TS3, and ofcourse I am loving having pets again!!

I do prefer the toddlers in TS4, but even that isn't swaying me back to that doomed bug filled place they call a game..

Dito to @HARIBOWS - After playing TS3 again, the emotion changing showers just seems SO ridiculous! And why does it take 2 hours for a meal to be eaten?

My sim in TS3 just woke up, ate, widdled and showered all within an hour tops... I am just in love with TS3 all over again!!! :)

Happy Simming everyone! xoxo
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    I admit, I'm baffled every time I hear about the number of people who quit playing a game every time a newer version is released, no matter how good or bad the new version in question is. Why do they quit playing something they like ? I don't get it.

For me, it's always been the same with Sims games. When TS3 released I couldn't go back to TS2, even though I still thought/think it's an amazing game, because of stuff like CAS, the worlds, etc. After playing TS4 I find it very hard to go back to TS3 because of certain things - mainly the Sims themselves, the way they look and move. I still think TS3 is amazing and stalk the picture threads, but going back I had a hard time getting back into playing it. But I'm going to give it another go and see if I can't play them both simultaneously. I think the ship has sailed for me with 2 though, no matter how amazing it is. Even though I consider it the most superior Sims game to date, it just feels too dated in certain areas (like costumisation options, aging, and just it's overall tone etc).
  • Options

I need an eye roll emoji.
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    @TheBristolSimmer - Oh My God don't even talk about eating in the TS4. If you're going to implement multi-tasking do it right. It shouldn't take near two hours to eat just because you're talking to someone.

I just love the story aspect of TS3. I'm currently doing the single dad of five challenge in Sunset Valley, and the father has just married Agnes Crumplebottom, her husband died too so they immediately bonded, and they're now expecting! <3 The oldest just moved in with Erin Kennedy and I think there may be a future for the second oldest and Mortimer Goth.. I love that I can just play each household of my family and watch Sunset Valley and the Sims lives there grow! <3

Meanwhile in TS4: Bella Goth has just completed 77 pushups today and has randomly jogged around the neighbourhood 19 times. More to come on that story. :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    I admit, I'm baffled every time I hear about the number of people who quit playing a game every time a newer version is released, no matter how good or bad the new version in question is. Why do they quit playing something they like ? I don't get it.

For me, it's always been the same with Sims games. When TS3 released I couldn't go back to TS2, even though I still thought/think it's an amazing game, because of stuff like CAS, the worlds, etc. After playing TS4 I find it very hard to go back to TS3 because of certain things - mainly the Sims themselves, the way they look and move. I still think TS3 is amazing and stalk the picture threads, but going back I had a hard time getting back into playing it. But I'm going to give it another go and see if I can't play them both simultaneously. I think the ship has sailed for me with 2 though, no matter how amazing it is. Even though I consider it the most superior Sims game to date, it just feels too dated in certain areas (like costumisation options, aging, and just it's overall tone etc).
    'The sims' can certainly be a reason to not play a game, but there's no relation to them being in the newer or the older game. Because for me it's exactly the other way around, I'll never really get into Sims 4 because of the sims. The way they look and perhaps more importantly the way they move, behave, constantly smile, use silly walks, do push ups everywhere, often don't properly adress each other, walk away in the middle of conversations (the other sim babbling on), adults covering themselves under their blankets because they're embarrassed, this all is such an extremely bad approach of computer characters for me, it really puts me off. The fact I'm back is because the approach fits toddlers perfectly. They are very realistic and cute. I just don't want their parents to behave that way. And even though I love some of the new tools, that as such is not enough to make it a complete replacement of Sims 3. There are no objective improvements in Sims 4, like there were in Sims 2 and like there were in Sims 3 (although the latter also had some step backs that made many people decide to stick with 2).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @HARIBOWS LOL! We need the LOL button back! Bella is THE fittest person in TS4 land, She does nothing else!

The emotions could have been a good idea, but the way they are now they just over-ride any personality trait, hence making the game pretty boring.

After just half a days worth of gameplay in TS3 and I've managed to get my sims to do so much more and a much better in depth storyline.

I'm not sure whether this is the correct post to ask these questions but -

What happens to your pets if you go to university? And also what happens to them if you go on a vacation?
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    Denimg8 wrote: »
    I cant seem to enjoy sims 4. It just feels too cartoony and very restricted in a lot of ways.

Restricted is the perfect word! It was advertised as "You rule!".. But I've never felt so restricted in the sims series. I feel like I could do more in TS2 even.. :)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member

'The sims' can certainly be a reason to not play a game, but there's no relation to them being in the newer or the older game. Because for me it's exactly the other way around, I'll never really get into Sims 4 because of the sims. The way they look and perhaps more importantly the way they move, behave, constantly smile, use silly walks, do push ups everywhere, often don't properly adress each other, walk away in the middle of conversations (the other sim babbling on), adults covering themselves under their blankets because they're embarrassed, this all is such an extremely bad approach of computer characters for me, it really puts me off. The fact I'm back is because the approach fits toddlers perfectly. They are very realistic and cute. I just don't want their parents to behave that way. And even though I love some of the new tools, that as such is not enough to make it a complete replacement of Sims 3. There are no objective improvements in Sims 4, like there were in Sims 2 and like there were in Sims 3 (although the latter also had some step backs that made many people decide to stick with 2).

Didn't you just make a comment a couple of days ago that you hoped we'd seen the last of game comparisons? :)
  • Options

Yeah, everyone is different. :)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @HARIBOWS LOL! We need the LOL button back! Bella is THE fittest person in TS4 land, She does nothing else!

The emotions could have been a good idea, but the way they are now they just over-ride any personality trait, hence making the game pretty boring.

After just half a days worth of gameplay in TS3 and I've managed to get my sims to do so much more and a much better in depth storyline.

I'm not sure whether this is the correct post to ask these questions but -

What happens to your pets if you go to university? And also what happens to them if you go on a vacation?

Nothing happens to pets, same as babies. Because if your sim is gone to university or vacation, time has stopped in the homeworld.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 3 can die in a fire? How mature. /eyeroll

I never went back to TS3 because I haven't stopped playing. I've played nearly every day for the last seven and a bit years. It's been a great and very involving game. I still haven't done or tried everything in it.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding