Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how many of us Simmers went back to Sims 3 or even 2 for that matter?

Comments

• Options
    Diya7Diya7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2015
    I go back to the sims 3, 2, and 1! I like to play whichever one I am in the mood for at that particular time. It's nice to have options
    skyrim_signature_by_gumnade-d4iz7dw.jpg
    Watch the skies, traveler-
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    As time goes on and with each new Ep, or stuff pack I can see that there is plenty of potential for greatness in this game, however the process is so SLLLLLOOOOWWW I fear that I will just become bored with it after a few days, I mean I get an ep on the sims 4 I play for a few hours, maybe a day or so, then it will be weeks before I touch again if not months. I have reinstalled the sims 3 upon my mac and do play that off and on, however I am playing on a mac so there is a few glitches or lag issues, but still better game play then the 4. Wish I could play sims 2 but I just don't want to spend the time to reinstall it all on my pc downstairs in the basement where I hardly am at... sooo yeah that is my situation on the matter. Just hope that EA wakes up and realizes, that if they do not up their game, they may lose out on a lot more then just customers for this game. I am not sure though I am so conflicted lol I have high hopes still lol.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited October 2015
    Lately I've been all over the place. Even went back to Castaway stories.
    Started with Sims 2, then went back to Sims 3, then went to Castaway stories & now am back at Sims 3.
    Feeling quite like a ping pong ball lately.
    But noticed that I only have a slight interest in Sims 4. Is it me ?
  • Options
    nope, I ll play for a while like I said then I ll just stop for a while like said though before if I could play my sims 2 on my mac I soooo would I really do miss that version of the game, I guess I ll have to buy a new laptop to be able to play that lol.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2015
    I apparently have a like/hate thing going on with Sims 4. I uninstalled it from my computer, but seeing all the nice pictures and stories of it makes me want to reinstall it, despite knowing good and well if I do open up that game, it's not going to stay open for more than ten minutes at most.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I dabble in a few, medieval, ts2, 3 and 4. I also play castaway and urbz on the ds.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I miss Sims 2 my old computer finally died. Sims 3 I played for a good while on my new computer but it really didnt run good since I had windows 8 and honestly I only play Sims 4 when a new update comes I play for like a couple of days and than I get bored again
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I like the sims 4 and I'm having a good time with it. However I miss some things from TS2 (like some people mentioned, anything was possible in that game!) and have been thinking about installing Ts2 Ultimate Collection. However I wonder if I'll miss CAS (there are only 3 body shapes in the game...) and multitasking too much...for me, TS2 gameplay combined with TS4 CAS and art style and Ts4 multitasking would be the perfect game.

I finally gave in and installed TS2 UC. What I loved: the unexpected things that happened. My sim was cooking and a fire started, and half of the household died lol I was kind of angry because I had a story planned for them and I had to change everything. But it was great fun.

HOWEVER, I have not played Ts2 much. Instead, I find myself wanting to play Ts4. Even with its faults, I really like multitasking, routing, CAS and animations. it may be shallow, but I somehow feel more connected to sims on Ts4.!
  • Options
    FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    edited October 2015
    I play TS4 and TS3. I really enjoy them both.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I haven't played TS4 since Apr-May. I've continued to play TS2 weekly, and since August, got back into playing TS3.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    No I kind of like sims 4, it is different yes, but I am having a lot of fun, love the CAS of course, and I like that a lot of sims are always around no matter where I go. I like the emotions and I like how my sims act toward family, I do not have to tell them to hug each other or the kids. I like their interaction with the others in the family. I like that I can play without goals. I do kind of like aspirations and sometimes have them do them. sometimes not.
    I did enjoy all the sims from 1 until now sims 4. the sims are amazing. I think that sims 3 was my favorite, but sims 4 is heading that way with me now. Love the GP and the Ep Get to work, although I do not do careers or jobs, But I am interested in the photos and stores that I can make. I have not made one yet as I am doing the Time Lord Challenge and My Generation family. I am playing an Alien and love it. I think that I like the Aliens better in sims 4 then sims 3, I am glad that they slowed down the abductions. My Alien got abduction and now has a son. I was afraid to send him out for fear he would get abducted again, with the fix now, I can relax a little.

i like that too that is why my worlds in sims 3 are aways heavy populated(300+ sims) where i go i see peoples, what i dont like is see the same peoples again, again and again what happen a lot in sims 4, basically no matter where you go you gonna see some stalkers like bela goth, many times i deleted all the pre-mades townies to hope be able to see different sims, but they just get replaced by new "stalkers" which keep making me unable to meet others type of sims, like most of my games in sims 4 where about 100+ sims(120 to 140) and i only keep see from that peoples let's say 60 or at best 100 and after many days(in game) of game play and keep trying to force the game make others appear, i aways ending with something like 20 to 50 sims never appearing in game because the game loves to make the same peoples over and over and another thing which disturbed me aways was the case of see more outsiders(peoples or not my hood or even my country) passing more time around me than peoples where supposed to appear more, like i told in a previous post, while the area around my house have peoples walking around, actually most of then or in most cases all of then or not where from the hood or even not where from my town, this angered me because i tried to make some stories about meeting my hoods in streets but this never happened because aways the game prefer to send the others sims which com from too far away.

i made a story about my main coouple being living in the houses in front of each other and they could meet on streets or maybe in a public lote, but never, never ever one time she appear(wait actually only one time she appeared after countless trying and new games) this bugged me a lot because i aways ended needing going to her house or i never gonna see her in my life, this is because she just live in the house in front of my house.

I like to put my own sims in my game, Then I have them meet them and they become friends, My sims have at times have been friends with the same sims from teen to elder and have been there when they die. Same with the friends being around when my sims dies. We all play different and that is ok, we are all different people. How you play is up to you.
    I don't really care how many or who some sims are, it is like real like, there are people that I see that go to the same store that I go to. I see them most of the time when I go. I live in a small town and it seems everyone knows everyone. same faces, same people
    In Sims 3, I always took the sims from each world that I liked and put them in what ever world I was playing with. I liked to do that. I will do that with Sims 4, after we get more worlds.
    But I do like seeing the same sims that I like in the game over and over. They can become very personal to your sims.
    Sims are meant to have fun, so no matter your play style, just have fun. You are a individual person and no one is like you, we are all different and play different, what makes for a good time and fun in the sims for others may not be my thing, and vise a versa, how I play my game may not be fun for others, that is the magic of the Sims. Having fun in your own way.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have never played 1, 2 or 3 since I got sims 4.
    Sims 3 was my favorite of them, I loved the open world, being able to add my own color to things, I loved my teens and played them a lot. I ever really loved the Imaginary Friend, and had them marry many of my sims. loved be able to put lots where ever I wanted. I really loved CAW. miss that.
    With that said, I love Sims 4 and only play it now. I love how I can create them, love how easy it is to build a house, I love the cartoon look, because I love cartoons, I love the emotions, and how that out of no where get up and kiss each other including their kids, love how lots are always filled with sims, love their emotions. Love that I do not have to send kids to school, love how I do not have to do careers. Love the retail and making my own stores. I love so many things about it.
    With that said, it is ok to like any sims game you want. There are many things about each game that I like, I don't really care what game you like as that is your own choice. We can all agree that we do like the Sims, and does it matter if some like sims 2, 3 or sims 4.
    We are all different and have different likes and dislikes. It does not matter to anyone what game you like, it is only a matter of choice, and the important thing is that you play what sims you enjoy. Comparing sims games with others and saying they are the best. is only each other choices, what you like, I may not like, and what I like you may not like, Is that wrong, or is my like better then what you like, NO. because it is all about what each of us like. Have fun in what ever sims game or world you like. It is as easy as that. After all you will never get me to eat lima beans no matter how much you like it. :p LOL (Lot's of Love to you all)
  • Options
    dglolidgloli Posts: 5 New Member
    Bought TS4, played for about 20 hours over the last year then gave up trying to force myself to enjoy it.
    Went back to TS2 and have played over 50 hours in the past 6 months. Why is a game from about 10 years ago more enjoyable than the new version 10 years later? *sigh*
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2015
    dgloli wrote: »
    Bought TS4, played for about 20 hours over the last year then gave up trying to force myself to enjoy it.
    Went back to TS2 and have played over 50 hours in the past 6 months. Why is a game from about 10 years ago more enjoyable than the new version 10 years later? *sigh*
    Because the people who made that game actually cared.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    dgloli wrote: »

Good question. I have a Bond game for mySuper Nintendo that I much prefer over the Wii version.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    For me it's always hard to play the older sims games. I do play them from time to time but I guess because I spent months getting used to TS4 that I've forgotten some things about the past games. It's not that I don't like them it's just I have to get used to playing them again.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Yeah I am still here and yes I have boughten all games from all the sims versions..... However, still not able to get into the sims 4...I hate to admit it and haven't yet .....but it is getting closer to it.... I believe it is the biggest oops there is... I have more fun playing sims 3 and 2 then 4. I install the packs etc: check it out then I am off and playing the old... however I am sure like me there are many that buy the sims 4 packs with high hope just to be disappointed.... sigh really not sure if I want to continue wasting my money on the sims 4... but afraid I ll miss something great.... I haven't missed anything yet... even the toddler thing though it was interesting for all of about 20 mins.....
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Thank you , I love my avatar to lol. And yes I feel the same as you.

Me too! But sometimes, we just get bored of games. While I *LOVE* Sims 2, I get bored, go to Sims 3 get all into it, and then start yearning 2 again after a while.

It's odd times in the Sims world we have 3 series to choose form. 4, if anyone is down for 2D simming, lol I'm not. lol
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I still play the Sims 2 quite a bit (thankfully I have kept all the cd's for Sims 1-3 so I still have access)! I don't really play Sims 3 anymore as it is pretty buggy but I'm sure I'll get an inkling to play sometime and will boot it back up again.

I had all but stopped playing the Sims 4 until the release of toddlers. So I'm enjoying it although it is extremely buggy so we will see how long until I get annoyed!

So yes - Sims 2 is probably still my go to game out of all of them!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I still play the Sims 2 quite a bit (thankfully I have kept all the cd's for Sims 1-3 so I still have access)! I don't really play Sims 3 anymore as it is pretty buggy but I'm sure I'll get an inkling to play sometime and will boot it back up again.

I had all but stopped playing the Sims 4 until the release of toddlers. So I'm enjoying it although it is extremely buggy so we will see how long until I get annoyed!

So yes - Sims 2 is probably still my go to game out of all of them!

Totally off topic but at a glance your username looks like it has a naughty word... lol ;) I had to look twice haha.

--T
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play both Thesims2 and Thesims4 but as of now, i am playing more Thesims4 even tough i like Thesims2 better because...because it is just a part of my life. I wish origin allowed us to buy Thesims1 for what is worth..

Thesims3 can die in a fire.
    63637974e2c15ca2ed48f682bd51b4e6ba3b11fdd754266088ccec09a93976c5.jpg
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @To7m - hahaha - I've never gotten that before but I can see it!!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    I play both Thesims2 and Thesims4 but as of now, i am playing more Thesims4 even tough i like Thesims2 better because...because it is just a part of my life. I wish origin allowed us to buy Thesims1 for what is worth..

Thesims3 can die in a fire.
    63637974e2c15ca2ed48f682bd51b4e6ba3b11fdd754266088ccec09a93976c5.jpg

Well that's pleasant!
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I wanted to get the Sims 2 for a very long time, the Sims 4 encouraged me to take the plunge and I don't regret it !
    But I never quit playing the Sims 3... I enjoy it so much so why would I have left in the first place ?
    I admit, I'm baffled every time I hear about the number of people who quit playing a game every time a newer version is released, no matter how good or bad the new version in question is. Why do they quit playing something they like ? I don't get it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2017
    Candyd wrote: »
    I admit, I'm baffled every time I hear about the number of people who quit playing a game every time a newer version is released, no matter how good or bad the new version in question is. Why do they quit playing something they like ? I don't get it.
    Because it's new and oh so shiny :D

I absolutely adored ts2 and was far too addicted to it for my own health. But, even so, as soon as I saw the trailer for ts3 and the open world and cast I was totally blown away and couldn't wait for it to come out. Ts2 got immediately ditched - how could I possibly carry on enjoying it when I now had a world I could go anywhere in at any time, I could visit other sims houses and all the sims aged together?

I still go back to ts2 occasionally for a little nostalgic play, but I no longer love it like I used to :(

As for ts4... well, I only bought it to see if it would be as bad as I thought it was going to be. But then I got swept along with everyone's beautiful sims and thought I would play it for a while. Whether that counts as stopping ts3, I don't know. But now I play ts3 far, far more than ts4 because it did not fulfill my dreams or meet my expectations. If I'm honest, I really still only play ts4 from time to time cos it's so pretty :p