Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family player, arent annoyed by child-teen transition?

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    U wish we had an option for heights tbh. Some people are short and teens but some r as tall as adults so u cant really get the average right without making them look too old.
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I agree with you, I would like to see an adjustment made for the teen or a pre-teen added in. They mentioned pre-teen in a survey for a generations pack so they do have it in mind. I also would like to see the infant released from its bassinet but I may be getting too greedy.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I'd like teens to be shorter but since KRS and now braces I play both children and teens in two stages. I'll style their hair and clothing on the younger side for the first few days of each stage.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I do want more stuff for both teens, kids, elders, and males in general myself. I don't want a pre-teen stage that will simply add stuff that children and/or teens could have.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Aren't you people happy with anything in the game? I predicted this that toddlers weren't the answer to solve every problem people have with this game you either have to like the game how it is or you don't adding extra life stages won't fix the problem you have with the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Aren't you people happy with anything in the game? I predicted this that toddlers weren't the answer to solve every problem people have with this game you either have to like the game how it is or you don't adding extra life stages won't fix the problem you have with the game.

Of course not everyone will like the game just because toddlers are added. That is perfectly okay. Also some family players had a list of other things besides just toddler. Again that's okay. This is coming from someone whom has been happy with sims4 since the beginning by the way.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I'd like teens to be shorter but since KRS and now braces I play both children and teens in two stages. I'll style their hair and clothing on the younger side for the first few days of each stage.

Hahaha...I do this exact same thing. I change their style to make them look like they're getting older. I just wish they acted like it, too.

Honestly, I wish they would just change every age to be more like the toddlers. Where they gain more control of themselves as they get higher skilled. That would be enough of a simulation of growth. Traits also need a rework because they don't matter enough or override everything. And emotions...Good grief, don't even get me started. That system could be good, but they nerfed it by making happy too strong and any negatives too weak.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I kinda wish maturity was a skill in the teen stage...when they level up they start unlocking things more romantic like kiss. It also means u can have a very imature teen or a very mature teen without needing pre teens. This could solve the act issue slightly
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I try very hard to ignore this but whenever a child sim ages up I get really irritated especially if this sim has sim friends who are still a child..

Maybe I just have to move on and find new friends :(

Oh well

Well if you are not opposed to mods, I use the height mods over at MTS. The animations are actually pretty good, and I will take that over the "adult" teens.

see, I did use that mod and liked it only for teens. But ALL my sims started getting different heights. If there was a way to JUST make teens shorter than I will put it back. But I didn't want to mess with heights with my adult or child sims.

Humm I didn't have that problem. It only affected the sims I changed. I do change the adult males to be slightly taller. Maybe you had a mod conflict, or were using a different mod.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    IMO Tweens would be a great stage to add. They could have their own wardrobe, very minimal make up for girls. They could 'get a crush', hold hands, kiss on the cheek, as well as playing with kids stuff still. There's all kinds of things missing from family play but tweens and 'elderly' life stages would help. I know we have elders but there's a big difference between 60 and 90.
  • Options
    rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I love toddlers it filled the gap betwen baby and child nicely. And for once toddlers are actually fun to play, not just annoyance :)

Now teen. I am not hoping for pre teen. I dont think this will happen. But the current teen is litereally NO different from adults! A child friend of my child sim just aged up and he is so adult looking now playing with him make him look like a plum!!!

This really annoyed me. I want a younger teen desperately!!! More so then I want seasons and pets.

Family players out there, does it not bother you ?? Or can you tolerate this?

Yes I wish there was somewhere in between age!

• Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    In my head these Sims 4 teens are 18/19 and children are 8/9
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    I also wish they would add Seasons with the children and teens cause it gives them more to do outside. You have to go to school, work come home homework and where is time for fun? Or having fun in the 4 seasons??
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i would like shorter teens or preteens so they can go though them teen stages like pimples and little stuff but other then that they don't bother me i just started thinking my teens are 18 cause it not like they go through the school like freshman to senior there automatically seniors
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I think what we need is new socials and new animations, wants and new stuff for teens to do. like skipping school and getting into trouble, getting too loud at the karaoke and getting thrown out, arguing with parents,
    new stuff and new animations that effect how they feel. also new aspirations just for them.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

Not sure that's true. Since launch people have been very vocal about missing features and over time many of said missing features have been put back in. The adding of toddlers brought many simmers (myself included) back to the game, that's huge. If I was unhappy with the game I wouldn't play it and wouldn't expend any time and energy into offering suggestions to make it better. When they added toddlers it gave me major hope for the future and made me want to start voicing my ideas and adding to other's ideas again. That's the incredibly unique thing about this game, our ideas can actually be added into the game, it's always changing. It's just not a like it or don't like it type of game because it is always being added onto with various expansions and stuff.

I knew preteens would become a big topic now that toddlers have been added because a long time ago both toddlers and preteens were talked about in a survey that came from EA. I expect we'll see many more threads about this subject and I hope it results in preteens being added, but if not some changes to the teen life stage would be awesome.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2017
    Things like pranking and mood swings were introduced with Generations, so they could still be introduced in another pack that focuses on family life, or one that is for teens specifically.
    Jordojord wrote: »
    In my head these Sims 4 teens are 18/19 and children are 8/9

They're 16-17 in my mind. By 19 you're out of high school and in most countries you can legally do, well, pretty much everything - such as drink, smoke, have a full-time job, pay taxes, move away.. and so on. They're only teens because of the '-teen' suffix but most 19 years old have little if anything in common with 15 or 16 year olds. You do a lot of growing up and changing in those years.
  • Options
    DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    Yeah I agree that the gap between kids and teens are pretty big, another lifestage would be nice, but it is nothing I'm really longing for or anything. About the height thing I actually like them beeing the same height as their parents. I remember playing sims 2 and made my real family, I made myself and my brother as teens, since we were 14 and 16 at that time. And I remeber being annoyed that the sims versions of us were shorther than our mother, because in real lifw we were both taller than her at that aget. So for me personally I'm fine with the teens being the same height as adult sims.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The child to teen transition doesn't really bother me. I do wish teens were actual teens and not a pre-young adult basically and that there was some distinction between teens and young adults, but I don't really feel a pre-teen is required. It would be great, but I really don't feel like I need it. Just need teens tweaked to be teens.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The way they look doesn't particularly bother me as most of the teens in my extended family look like adults physically. I just wish there were more 'teen' interactions that felt like they're still kids. To me, the teen years are a vital and important part of childhood that we are drastically missing. Doesn't bother me as much as toddlers not being in did, but yeah. I want more teen stuff!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I loved the game before toddlers and I love it after them, but there definitely are still things to improve :smile:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I think they should just readjust the heights of the teens and if that's too impossible or too difficult cuz it's too late to do it now, then I think they should add more interactions or activities that most teens would do instead of being to young adult like.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    'well it would have been nice for them to be a little shorter, but these days it's probably realistic, I'm 5ft 2 all my teenage nieces and nephews were taller than me lol bar one.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Not a huge fan of the teens in this game. There's very little difference between young adult and teens. Honestly, they look to be pretty much 18 years of age... which is a young adult in the U.S.... so it looks like we have two young adult stages? Especially with the interactions.

I would prefer a child jumping to a teen around 14 or 15.

Mood swings.
    Prom.
    Teen hang outs.
    Ditching school with consequences.
    Throwing parties while parents are away.
    Baby sitting or part time jobs.
    Clubs or after school activities.
    Talking back to parents.
    Become teachers pet.
    Social stereotypes like in TS3 university (but only for teens). Example: nerds, punk or jocks etc.
    Piercings and tattoos (getting them first time and more options for these)
    Egging or toilet papering someone's house.
    Drama.

Just lots of typical high school environment would be fun.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

EA is asking for feedback and we are giving it to them. Don't you want a game with fuller and properly done content? Its really beyond me why some people don't want improvements on the game and we're just supposed to be happy with what you get, as if this game being made was a favour to the community.