Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Thank you @king_of_simcity7
    I had a boy named Killian, named after the show Once Upon a Time. He is a really fussy baby.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mikezumi Ibb and Peter make a cute couple.

@TheDarkRose Your hotel with the underground tomb sounds interesting. Good luck with your new family.

@Emily4331 I like your makeovers. Definitely makes them more interesting. Looked like a fun party...except for cleaning up after the bird. :wink:

@Karritz Thanks for sharing the link.

@Charlottesmom Great update. Enjoying all the drama and the suspense is killing me!! :)

@lanlyn love your outtakes and your Krisalyn's dress is gorgeous. Rome looks pretty darn spiffy too. <3

@king_of_simcity7 Great update. You did a great job making Angie...she looks flat out mean.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    @emorrill & @bekksan you're welcome. I like to know people are finding those links useful.

I have some news for you all too. I've just finished loading my video - Episode 4 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch.

https://youtu.be/w_VPS-cupoQ

I'll have to check that the link works so will test it now. If it doesn't I'll edit it immediately.

EDIT: The link works - but after watching it several times before I loaded it I failed to notice my maths is really bad until after I had loaded it to YouTube. So - correction - there are a total of 11 Humble Harvest Stands currently in their world. There are 4 at the Greenhouse and 5 at the Al Fresco Market and 1 at each of the 2 Savvy Seller stores I have placed in the world.

I wonder if the pace of this video may be a bit too fast - what do you think?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Lanlyn All she wanted was someone to love :(

And for those that do not know she is the Mailwoman NPC

Screenshot-6517_zpshsssi9zb.jpg

Screenshot-6519_zpspjnu6wmo.jpg

@Karritz This one is for you... Luella :love:

Screenshot-6523_zpsm0awmjcr.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat thanks :)

I just worked out something I was already suspecting. Clicking on the link in the forum to watch a video on YouTube doesn't register on YouTube as someone watched it. I just watched my video by clicking on the link here and then I went to my channel and looked at the number of views and it said 0.
  • Options
    Yupp @karritz Which is why I say when I post here am not trying for views cause you get none.But you will have a view :smirk: and a comment.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Ahh this is a bummer. My game is crashing too often for it to be a coincidence. I checked my crash logs and they all have the same access violation. I might have installed some bad CC recently. I did go on a TSR shopping trip. I uninstalled a few things that I know I picked up recently. Let's hope that helps.
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Ahh this is a bummer. My game is crashing too often for it to be a coincidence. I checked my crash logs and they all have the same access violation. I might have installed some bad CC recently. I did go on a TSR shopping trip. I uninstalled a few things that I know I picked up recently. Let's hope that helps.

Did you try running Delphy's Dashboard over your Mods folder?

I downloaded some CC yesterday and checked my mods folder and found one piece was faulty. I think it was for Sims 4. Also I found 3 .zip files in my mods folder so I move them out too.
  • Options
    Yupp @karritz Which is why I say when I post here am not trying for views cause you get none.But you will have a view :smirk: and a comment.

I'm still learning. I am curious and need to find out things like that. Thanks.
  • Options

:( Freaking game Kill it with fire,puts a blessing of sim love through my post hoping it seeps into your game and it runs smooth. o:)

PS: Access violation :smirk: That happens to me too except in my case is after kindnapping pretty townies :D

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »

Did you try running Delphy's Dashboard over your Mods folder?

I downloaded some CC yesterday and checked my mods folder and found one piece was faulty. I think it was for Sims 4. Also I found 3 .zip files in my mods folder so I move them out too.

I did. Everything came up clean except for a few items, but I don't think they are the issue since they've been in my game a long time. I don't know if that's faulty logic or not lol, but it sounds right to me.

Everything from TSR was a simpack. I went and got Custard but, to be honest, I have no idea how to use it. Game just crashed again to. Same log.

@CravenLestat lol Thank you. Perhaps my game needs an exorcism instead of a blessing at this point. :tongue:
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Here's a link to how to use Custard.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-delphys-custard.html

The thing with custard is it doesn't find everything but can be useful.

I always use the Sims 3 Pack Multi Installer to extract .package files from .Sims3Pack files that I download because I've read that reduces the chances of getting bad CC in your game - but not all Sims3Pack files can be extracted like that. You can get the package file but it never shows up in the game. If that happens you have to use the Sims3Pack file and hope it is ok.
  • Options
    FudgsicleFudgsicle Posts: 47 Member
    I got my first toddler today, he's adorable! I'm so glad they've added them to the game :blush:
    Watch me try complete all of the Sims Challenges from start to finish :blush:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCUJb4PoX07uH_iNM1GyJ2mw
  • Options
    In Episode 4 of my Isla Paradiso Bunch video Jeannie visits my altered version of the Al Fresco Market.

While she was there I noticed a tiny round smudge/shadow on a floor tile. The tile is apparently empty but Sims can't walk on it and you can't place any objects on it because it is occupied.

I've written posts about that particular issue before so you may already know the significance of that tiny spot and how to fix it. If not this tutorial video will be of use to you because I show you how to get rid of it.

If you leave it there that tile will be unroutable for the sims and you won't be able to place objects on it because it is occupied. All you can see of the thing that's occupying it is a tiny round smudge or shadow.

You need to use cheats to dig for it and delete it and then flatten the floor again.

All is explained in that other approximately 5 minute video.

Cheats used are:
    TestingCheatsEnabled True
    ConstrainFloorElevation False

dig using terrain tools in build mode

when the object is revealed delete it - if it's in use try MoveObjects On cheat

then use terrain tool to make floor flat again.

Turn off cheats
    ConstrainFloorElevation True
    MoveObjects Off

You might want to turn off testingcheatsenabled also but it is essential to turn off CFE and advisable to turn off MoveObjects

https://youtu.be/0gsTdw-NF6U
  • Options
    So I changed all of my recently downloaded and installed Simspack CC into package files and scanned them with Dashboard. No problems. No problems found in Custard with them as Simpacks either. :/
  • Options
    Okay, so I think it's just my saved game is wonky. I went to an earlier version of it (before their vacation) and it seems to be working fine (knock on wood). I'll have to re-do my makeovers and such, but otherwise it isn't too far back in time. And they won't have Sunny anymore. :(

So I am beginning to wonder whether going on vacation genuinely tends to bug out my saved games...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    So I changed all of my recently downloaded and installed Simspack CC into package files and scanned them with Dashboard. No problems. No problems found in Custard with them as Simpacks either. :/

Have you tried save cleaner?
    Okay, so I think it's just my saved game is wonky. I went to an earlier version of it (before their vacation) and it seems to be working fine (knock on wood). I'll have to re-do my makeovers and such, but otherwise it isn't too far back in time. And they won't have Sunny anymore. :(

So I am beginning to wonder whether going on vacation genuinely tends to bug out my saved games...

People say it does. I've avoided going on the free vacation after having game breaking problems with it a few years ago. I forget the details now though. I've read a post by @igazor where he said even modders can't fix the free vacation mess.
  • Options
    @Karritz I guess they'll just stick with home-world resorts from now on. Lol

And I cleaned my save manually. Didn't do any good. Save Cleaner doesn't work for me. Thank you for your help through this. I really appreciate it.
  • Options

And I cleaned my save manually. Didn't do any good. Save Cleaner doesn't work for me. Thank you for your help through this. I really appreciate it.

Do you use traveler mod. I use it and it totally changes the game. I now have Sims living in multiple worlds in the same game and they know and visit each other.

The vacation I was saying was a problem was the free vacation parents get when they have teens in the household.
  • Options

Do you use traveler mod. I use it and it totally changes the game. I now have Sims living in multiple worlds in the same game and they know and visit each other.

The vacation I was saying was a problem was the free vacation parents get when they have teens in the household.

Yeah. I visited a user-made vacation spot through Traveler.
  • Options
    I found I had problems the first time I did that. I turned my graphics down in the end to reduce memory being used.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hour by Hour

Sam slid to the ground toward Evelyn's lifeless body like a baseball player diving to reach the home plate. "Evelyn?" he whispered nervously, hastily examining her body for any signs of blunt force or broken bones. When he didn't see any he was assured he could move her to safety, but first he checked her pulse. It was beating rapidly and with her clammy skin, he knew right away that she was suffering from heat exhaustion and he had to act fast before the situation got any worse. Carefully he lifted her up from the ground and heard her moan as he moved at an incredibly fast pace towards the house.

"Sam?" Evelyn addressed weakly, waking from the force as he kicked open the front door.
    "You're gonna be alright Evelyn," Sam said, making his way toward the guest room. "I'll take care of you."

He set her down on the bed and placed his hand over her pale forehead. It was burning. "We've gotta get you cooled down," he said while removing her shoes, socks and then moving on to her pants.
    "Sam! What are you doing!?" Evelyn cried out, trying to cover herself.
    "It's ok," Sam assured, "you passed out from heat exhaustion and I need to get your clothes off to cool you down."
    Still Evelyn hesitated and the disorientation didn't help with her trust.
    "Trust me," Sam said, recognizing her uneasiness, "I'm a doctor. I know what I'm doing."
    "You're a doctor?" she asked. That was comforting to know.
    "Yes."
    "You never told me that," she said, allowing him to pull her shirt up over her head, removing it.
    "Well," Sam began, standing up from the bed. "I'm more of a Scientist. Anyway," he turned for the door, "you lie still while I get some water."

He returned within a minute, carrying a wet rag and a water bottle with a straw. He encouraged Evelyn to drink as much as she could in a careful manner so as not to risk vomiting. While she sipped he dabbed her forehead and wiped down her body with the cold cloth. Before too long, she began to feel freezing and after checking her temperature and seeing it drop to a normal level, Sam pulled the covers up over her. He let out a big sigh of relief. She was going to be ok.

Soon Evelyn drifted off to sleep and Sam took that time to make an important phone call.

SB_Post_8_24.jpg

"Mrs. Kwon?"
    "Oh please!" came the reply, "Call me Naomi. I don't go by that name anymore."
    Ok... "Naomi, this is Sam Beckett..."

SB_Post_8_25.jpg

After describing the events of that morning involving her daughter, Evelyn's mom's heart pounded as she expressed deep gratitude to Sam for pretty much saving her daughter's life.

"It was no problem at all," Sam expressed, "I'm thankful I got to her when I did! She's resting at the moment, but are you able to come and pick her up or should I bring her to you?"
    "Well," Naomi began, "she's supposed to be at school so I'll have to call and excuse her."
    "Oh...right."
    "And there's a little bit of a problem Mr. Beckett..."
    "Oh?"
    "I'm just about to head off to work and Evelyn's father is working as well so," she hesitated to ask, "would you be able to care for her until her father gets off work and can pick her up? I hate to burden you like that but...," she exhaled, "I'm afraid we don't have any other choice at the moment. I do apologize..."
    Sam glanced at his watch while saying, "It's no problem, I understand," then he asked, "when does your hus-," he stopped himself, "EX-husband get off work?"
    "At three."
    Work began for Sam in about an hour. I'll call and take the day off. I won't bother mentioning that to Evelyn's mom. "Ok," he told Naomi. "We'll be here. My address is........and don't worry, I'll take good care of her."
    "I don't doubt it," Naomi said, gratefully. "Thank you SO much Mr. Beckett! Evelyn's always had just the nicest things to say about you," she paused, "I'm glad they're true."
    Blushing, Sam said, "Well...she's a really good kid herself Miss Naomi."

Every half hour or so Sam would go back into the guest room and check up on Evelyn, encouraging her to drink more if she were awake and keeping a close eye on her vital signs.

During one visit to the room, Evelyn asked Sam, "What happened to me?"
    He tried to explain it all in a way that a child would understand and concluded with, "That's why on hot days like this, it's very very important that you pack along plenty of water bottles and keep yourself hydrated. Wear a hat too. Can you remember to do that for me next time?"

SB_Post_8_19.jpg

Evelyn nodded. "I promise."
    Sam patted her back with a smile. "Good."
    Then Evelyn yawned. "Goodness," she exclaimed, "Why am I so tired?" She slumped back down into the pillow and pulled the covers up to her neck.
    Unable to hold back a chuckle at how cute her remark was, Sam replied, "It's just your body's way of saying it's been through a lot and needs sleep to recover." Gently, he rubbed her shoulder.

SB_Post_8_23.jpg

"Uh huh," Evelyn muttered, eyes staying closed. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so comfortable or this safe. "Thanks for...taking care...of me Sam."
    With a big grin, Sam responded while stroking her hair, "It's my pleasure kid."
    "I...love you."
    The expression was unexpected, but warmed his heart nonetheless. Oh the innocence, kindness and love of a child! Without hesitation he leaned over and gently kissed Evelyn's forehead whispering in return, "I love you too kid."

SB_Post_8_21.jpg

Three o'clock rolled around and Sam sat patiently in his living room, skimming through a magazine, while waiting for Evelyn's dad to arrive. In the other room, Evelyn was getting herself dressed and ready to leave.

3:30 pm

Still no sign of her father. "Is he still coming?" Evelyn asked Sam from the couch, watching cartoons.
    Sam had been pacing in the foyer. "He should be," he answered her. "Maybe I better call your mom just to make sure he understood where to come and get you." He stepped into the kitchen and reached for the phone.

ring...ring...ring...ring...ring... No answer.

SB_Post_8_26.jpg

Sam didn't feel like leaving a message yet so he tried again.

ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...Hi this is Naomi, I can't come to my phone right now. Please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks! BEEP!

"Hello Naomi, this is Sam Beckett. Uh...I'm never good with these blasted answering machines...it's almost 3:40 and your ex-husband hasn't arrived to pick up Evelyn. She's doing well. Please give me a call back as soon as you can. 555-867-5309. I'd appreciate it. Bye."
    click

5:00 pm

A crestfallen Evelyn tried to accept the comfort and reassurance from her friend Sam when her father still hadn't arrived and there was no call back from her mother. "I TOLD you they don't care about me!" she cried, burying her face into Sam's chest.
    "Now, now," Sam consoled, "don't you go believing that for one second!" He held her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. "Something came up with your father, I am sure of it. And your mom is still working. I can assure you she will call me back when she's done. Do you know what time she gets off?"
    Wiping her nose with the back of her hand, Evelyn replied, "Nine o'clock. I'm usually in bed before then."
    Oh boy...
    Now the alligator tears started falling. "Is it ok if I stay here with you tonight Sam?" she wailed hopelessly.
    Pulling her in closer to him, Sam responded, "Yes Evelyn. Yes." Tenderly he shh'd her. "It's going to be ok."
    I hope...

8:00 pm

Evelyn stated earlier that she was going to stay up and wait for her mom to call back, but it was apparent that she was exhausted. Physically and emotionally. It was becoming difficult to keep her eyes open and despite taking in plenty of fluids and having a nice evening meal, her face grew pale once again. Sam got her back into bed, dabbed her forehead with a wet cloth and continued assuring her that her parents did not forget about her. "You need to get some rest now alright," he concluded, tucking her in. "Everything will be figured out in the morning."
    "Ok..."
    Standing up and heading for the door, Sam turned and said, "Goodnight Evelyn," just as he was about to flip the light switch.
    "Sam wait!" Evelyn called, sitting herself up a little.

SB_Post_8_18.jpg

"Will you read me a bedtime story?"

Sam cracked a smile. He couldn't remember the last time he read a bedtime story to a kid. "Uh," he began, "I don't know if you'll like any of my books. They're kind of...advanced."
    Evelyn shrugged. "I don't mind."
    "Ok," Sam accepted, heading for his bookshelf. He tried to find something that might interest her...Ah ha! A book about Unicorns! I forgot I had this...

SB_Post_8_20.jpg

Evelyn paid attention to the story for about ten minutes and then she drifted off to sleep.

9:12 pm

Sam had fallen asleep on the bench in the foyer when he was awoken by the phone ringing in the kitchen. He jumped up, rubbing at the ache in his neck and answered the phone. "Hello?"
    "Mr. Beckett?" It was Naomi. "Oh my gosh I am SO sorry!"
    Sam didn't feel like saying anything so he just let her continue.
    "I got your message and in fury I called my Ex and...I haven't been able to reach him."
    Sighing, Sam said, "You don't sound too concerned."
    "Well," she began, "that's because I know he's gone Mr. Beckett."
    "Gone?"
    "Yes. He mentioned a few times that after the divorce was final he would be moving. I should've known he wouldn't have the decency to tell me when before trusting the kids to HIS care while I was working!" She stopped, releasing a deep breath. "I'm sure of it Mr. Beckett...he's gone."
    Sam lowered his eyes in sorrow for this poor mother. For Evelyn. "I'm sorry to hear that Naomi," he simply said.
    "Please Mr. Beckett, don't apologize," Naomi insisted, "You've done a great service to me and my Evelyn today. For that I will be eternally grateful. Is she alright?"
    "Yes. She went to sleep about an hour ago."
    "Oh dear...I'd hate to wake her. Will she be alright with you until I can pick her up in the morning. I'll be there first thing!"
    "Yes...that's fine."
    "Really!?" she asked in relief. "Oh Mr. Beckett thank you!"
    "Please...call me Sam."
    "Sam. Thank you! From the bottom of my heart."
    "I'm happy to help."
    There was a sniff on the other end.
    "You get some rest now yourself," Sam suggested, "and I'll see you here in the morning. Seven o'clock?"
    "Yes! Perfect."
    "You still have my address?"
    "Yes."
    "Great. Have a good night Naomi."
    "Goodnight Sam."
    click

6:30 am

The next morning, Sam exited his room to hear that the TV was on. Evelyn was happily sitting on the couch in front of it, kicking her legs up and down. Sam smiled as he approached her.

"Well," he addressed, "You appear to be feeling much better."

SB_Post_8_27.jpg

"Yup!" Evelyn replied. "You were right...I really DID need the sleep."
    Sam chuckled.
    "You heard back from my mom right?"
    "Yes! She'll be here in a half hour actually."
    "Yay!"

True to her word, Evelyn's mother arrived right at seven and Sam witnessed the happiest reunion between a mother and a child that he'd seen in a long time. Naomi insisted that Sam take the money she offered him, but he assured her it wasn't necessary. Holding her hand to her heart, Naomi said with glistening eyes, "You were an angel sent from above yesterday Sam...here to help us just when we needed it. God bless you!"
    Sam smiled and nodded in thanks. It was hard not to get emotional himself.

As he watched the two drive off he remembered that this is exactly why he enjoyed leaping...why he knew that deep down he would miss it if he ever made it home. This was his calling in life...to help others. To serve others. To make right what once went wrong. To add a little sunshine into the world. There was no other way to find true joy. Ever.

:)

Hope you enjoyed this Sam update. More to come later.
    Thank you so much for reading! <3

Edit: To copy and add to my stories and legacies thread. :)
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member

I have some news for you all too. I've just finished loading my video - Episode 4 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch.

https://youtu.be/w_VPS-cupoQ

I'll have to check that the link works so will test it now. If it doesn't I'll edit it immediately.

EDIT: The link works - but after watching it several times before I loaded it I failed to notice my maths is really bad until after I had loaded it to YouTube. So - correction - there are a total of 11 Humble Harvest Stands currently in their world. There are 4 at the Greenhouse and 5 at the Al Fresco Market and 1 at each of the 2 Savvy Seller stores I have placed in the world.

I wonder if the pace of this video may be a bit too fast - what do you think?

@Karritz I'm really enjoying your video series and your dry humor. :)
    I also like that you are exploring various activities and interactions of not only IP, but also other EPs and store content.

@emorrill Lovely, touching update about Sam and Evelyn. You write really well. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Emily4331 Great pictures I hope you can sort your game out from crashing :smile:

@bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Karritz I have seen your videos before and will give your new ones a watch :smile: I didn't know about the unroutable area in Isla Paradiso either

@CravenLestat Cute pictures :smiley:

@emorrill Nice update to the story :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top