Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TODDLERS ARE HERE

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    Honestly, even though I've had toddlers over a day now. I'm still kinda shocked that we finally have them...
    Over the last couple of years, I've tried to keep my hopes up. But that hope dwindled more and more the longer we went. I finally gave up and decided not to pay attention to all the tweets and not get too excited.

And then... BAM!! Maxis surprises me with the best version of toddlers I've ever seen in a Sims game. (my opinion).

As a legacy player, this is exactly what I wanted and fulfills my biggest TS4 wishes and couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see what 2017 brings us next (after vampires and bowling of course! :) ).

PETS
    WOOO <3
  • Options
    DudeMannerismsDudeMannerisms Posts: 68 Member
    I've never really cared for toddlers, but even I thought it was weird how 10 year old kids jump out of baby carriages. Acting like they grown or somethin'
    The yams is the power that be!

tumblr_inline_mq4d5ieNls1qz4rgp.gif

You can smell it when I'm walking down the street!
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    When you were still not convinced the devs added toddlers on January 12th
    sketchy.PNG
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    The toddlers are simply adorable, fun, and challenging. Pure gold! :blush:

These are my most favorite tots of the series thus far, for sure!!! :smiley:

My faith has been restored. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I love the addition, although I had accepted the game without toddlers. I'd rather like teens to look younger than young adults, but hey ho - that might be a future patch :) Played a toddler last night and it's quite cute. Still got a lot to explore, of course :)

I think my hoods are full of kids that could have been toddlers by age, I'll spend this weekend checking all my families, would be awesome if I can set back a few children to toddlers :) Have fun, all!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    i love the toddlers, but is anyone elses game freezing now??? So annoying I just want to play with the sim babies! :)
  • Options
    inventivefraudinventivefraud Posts: 4 New Member
    Are toddlers affect by monsters under the bed?
  • Options
    Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    so adorable :D
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    There are no words for how delighted I am that toddlers have been added - and for free, no less! A big shout out to the Gurus for their hard work on this incredible patch - thank you so much!

I've been having lots of fun with my little ones. Their mannerisms are amazingly realistic and cute. I don't think I've stopped smiling since Thursday!

Between this, and Vampires at the end of the month, it looks like 2017 is going to be a great year for Sims 4!
  • Options
    Kimbelle10Kimbelle10 Posts: 77 Member
    I recall a few Simmers finding some evidence for them a while back. Glad to see it wasn't abandoned and that a LOT of Simmers are happy and finding new gameplay.

It just sucks there was a lot of animosity regarding updates etc. for Sims 4. Even among the back and forths, I could've sworn there wasn't a definite 'no toddlers, but most Simmers are used to getting the rundown, so the lack of transparency for this installment kinda rubbed folks the wrong way with everything else...

WELP! The kids are cute and glitches seem to be getting worked out!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited January 2017
    Are toddlers affect by monsters under the bed?

Nope! No worries. Toddlers actually have their own beds to sleep on so they don't sleep in the same beds that the monsters appear in
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    What I realized this morning, waking up...

Toddler_coffee.jpg
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Im so happy I could burst! Thank you sims 4 team!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Just wanted to add my thanks. And this:

toddlerpony_zpseda617fg.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    the toddlers are JUST how i imagined they would be.
    CUTE, a HAND full and all around fun!

my toddler got mad at his big sis and hit her lol

one of my sim twins got mad at his mum and hit her, I was shocked and he got a telling off. then he went a messed with the dishwasher and got another telling off from his mum. their relationship went down a little. :o
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Has anyone noticed how they stand and with their little hands together in front of them they nervously fumble their fingers while looking at something or thinking of something else to do? Or they do that on the couch when they are sad. So, precious!!!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I to want to say a huge THANKS to the programmers and EA for this wonderful addition to the game. Thank you Thank you Thank you. <3
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    dawsom18 wrote: »
    i love the toddlers, but is anyone elses game freezing now??? So annoying I just want to play with the sim babies! :)

my game keeps freezing, but I think that's because my laptop is rubbish :disappointed::lol:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member

Honestly, I' not a Simmer who plays families, so I don't care that much about toddlers, but
    look at all those positive vibes in the community! It's so cool to see people happy and having fun, and I guess it makes the devs happy as well, because they see how appreciative everyone is. <3
    In my opinion, adding those little guys to the game was a great idea.
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    @EisbergsEnte I build, so I can sometimes go months playing my game like mad without ever touching Live Mode, or at least I often did in Sims 3. It's more limited with limited building space in Sims 4 right now, particularly since I only own a couple of packs because I'm super duper broke right now. Family-oriented things? Not something that sends me through the roof with excitement.

That said, I haven't touched live mode in Sims 4 since I played the free trial in 2014 because I got bored so fast and hated the jump from infant to basically 9-year-old child with no in-between that much. Seeing the things they've said they've done with toddlers has me genuinely curious, so I've decided to create a new couple, build them a house in Oasis Springs, and see how quickly I can get my bearer of spawn pregnant. I had to build the house twice because my game wouldn't save last night, but I like it more this time around, anyway.

Time to see what the fuss is about! I'm vaguely excited.
  • Options
    GlennCocoGlennCoco Posts: 31 Member
    there have been so much improvments glad the team is back o track !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top