Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Many many mods are broken after the toddler update

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Stole you a link from the SimCommunity list :)http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/aom?page=1&scrollTo=62483

Unless I'm missing something here, it says it's updated for the 12/01/2016 patch :/

Sorry, I hadn't checked. But it says at SimCommunity that it's updated for now. Maybe they have the wrong link?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    amethystmoon1996amethystmoon1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Today, I found to have had an issue where everything seems fine until I go into CAS and there is no scripting, I cannot select any changes to the sim nor can I select the game options to quit or exit to main menu. After removing all the mods I use that require a script (MC Command, the "adult woohoo mod", janitors on lots, Graycurse cooking ingredients, Icemunmun candy dispenser, BPS bachelor party and UI Cheats), I have discovered that most recently updated UI Cheats (v.1.7 built with version 1.26.96) is still broken and will cause CAS to not function properly. So far, all the scripts mods I have listed that I use works fine. Any one else that uses a combination of the mods I have listed, experiencing CAS issues when UI Cheats is installed?

I have UI Cheats, the one updated post-patch, and have run into no issues in CAS at all. Maybe it's conflicting with something else you added? Check your subfolders too - some Simmers have found older script mods in their subfolders that were causing problems.

Yes, I had done that and found nothing old or unusual. It is very odd because prior to the 1/12/2017 update for toddlers, I had no issues with the script mods I had listed. The only script mods I use are the ones I had previously listed and I have never had an issue.

• Options
    M21MM21M Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi! I'm so devastated, has any of you lost Sims? :/ I have no idea why, I did have WW and many others CC mainly for CAS but I just can't find some of them, mainly men :( I just don't know what to do.

If anyone has any idea how to deal with this please, please share :(
  • Options
    LyannaStarkLyannaStark Posts: 3 New Member
    In my game my Toddlers seem to have issues with their arms clipping inside of them when interacting with objects. While at the high chair and using the potty their arms tend to just stay behind them. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I can't really do the 50/50 method at the moment so any help would be amazing D:
  • Options
    M21M wrote: »
    Hi! I'm so devastated, has any of you lost Sims? :/ I have no idea why, I did have WW and many others CC mainly for CAS but I just can't find some of them, mainly men :( I just don't know what to do.

After you have removed the problem mod (which cannot be named here because it breaks the game's Teen rating), roll back your save to a state before you loaded it with the mod in after this update. See the link in my signature for info.
    In my game my Toddlers seem to have issues with their arms clipping inside of them when interacting with objects. While at the high chair and using the potty their arms tend to just stay behind them. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I can't really do the 50/50 method at the moment so any help would be amazing D:

I haven't seen a specific mod named that causes this. I'm afraid you really might need to do the weeking :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LyannaStarkLyannaStark Posts: 3 New Member
    Well I found out it's a toddler specific piece of cc
  • Options
    M21M wrote: »

After you have removed the problem mod (which cannot be named here because it breaks the game's Teen rating), roll back your save to a state before you loaded it with the mod in after this update. See the link in my signature for info.

Thank you so much, I took care of the Mods but when I go to my saves folder I can only find one family wich is not the one I lost :/ I'm kind of losing hope but you have been more than helpful, thank you so much.
  • Options
    sammyslammasimmersammyslammasimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I'm a new user of custom content and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me figure out how to get rid of game glitches I only received after I downloaded some CC? I have weird glitches like the shower not going off while the sim is out of it, literally everyone in the neighborhood showing up at my sims house, my sim falling into a pool and making the splashing sound when he's really just on the couch... Idk how to clean out my game to get this fixed. I took out the CC and reinstalled. Does anyone have any other tricks?
  • Options
    Hi! I'm a new user of custom content and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me figure out how to get rid of game glitches I only received after I downloaded some CC? I have weird glitches like the shower not going off while the sim is out of it, literally everyone in the neighborhood showing up at my sims house, my sim falling into a pool and making the splashing sound when he's really just on the couch... Idk how to clean out my game to get this fixed. I took out the CC and reinstalled. Does anyone have any other tricks?

Don't put it all back in at once: Put it back in bit by bit and test to see if you just added back a glitch-causing file.
  • Options
    FYI, there's another MC Command Center hotfix up today.
    Also an update for Larger Interaction Queue - HollyRidge - http://modthesims.info/d/561843
  • Options

Don't put it all back in at once: Put it back in bit by bit and test to see if you just added back a glitch-causing file.

But should I clear out all of my game files and reinstall and check for glitches before adding back any CC? The most important folders in my backed up EA sims 4 file are the saves and the tray right? Are there any others I need to have my saved perfectly restored? I just want a clean fresh game and then I want to add back in my families. I'll do the CC later one by one
  • Options

But should I clear out all of my game files and reinstall and check for glitches before adding back any CC? The most important folders in my backed up EA sims 4 file are the saves and the tray right? Are there any others I need to have my saved perfectly restored? I just want a clean fresh game and then I want to add back in my families. I'll do the CC later one by one

No, that's not usually necessary. If you really want to refresh the gameplay folder, though, here's how:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, Videos and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

FWIW, Tray is optional to move back; it contains your Library - you can store it elsewhere on your computer then put it in if you're planning to load something from it. (Mine's massive, so I do that.) Screenshots are just image files; I clean mine out into an outside-Sims folder now and then.
  • Options

No, that's not usually necessary. If you really want to refresh the gameplay folder, though, here's how:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, Videos and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

FWIW, Tray is optional to move back; it contains your Library - you can store it elsewhere on your computer then put it in if you're planning to load something from it. (Mine's massive, so I do that.) Screenshots are just image files; I clean mine out into an outside-Sims folder now and then.

Thank you so much for these tips! I've been playing sims since the first game but I've never been great at the technical stuff. Let me try this out!
  • Options
    SinaSimSinaSim Posts: 64 Member
    Does anyone know which mod could be causing the game to not save?
  • Options
    SinaSim wrote: »

I haven't seen a particular one mentioned for that, but I've not been able to keep up either. @rosemow might know.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

I haven't seen a particular one mentioned for that, but I've not been able to keep up either. @rosemow might know.

Hello
    There hasn't been a particular mod that has caused the game not to save.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    There hasn't been a particular mod that has caused the game not to save.

Could be any one of them and because we dont have a tickable list option to deactive/activate, its impossible to tell
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    That would be an amazing idea, I was so in love with CC but now I'm just disappointed, fancy haircuts are just nor worth it :'(
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just found out that the "Add More CAS Traits" mod from MTS is broken in all flavors. A fellow simmer has updated the version 5 flavor of this mod and is reporting that it's working in his/her game now. I am going to try and download the newly updated version 5 and try it in my game as soon as a link becomes available.

The original mod's author is Embyr311. Sure hope another modder will step up if this modder has retired as I love my sims to be well-rounded in their personalities. :)

Edited To Add Updated Mods:

No Monsters Waking Children by Simstopics
    -- Updated by Devilgurl

Faster Homework by Simstopics
    -- Updated by Devilgurl

Both can be found on MTS.

1 More Broken Mod:

Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily by Madame Butterfly -- All Flavors

New Modder Catalina_45 keeps these mods updated. She is waiting for her modding tools to be updated for this latest patch.
    Post edited by SnowWolf58 on
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Just found out that the "Add More CAS Traits" mod from MTS is broken in all flavors. A fellow simmer has updated the version 5 flavor of this mod and is reporting that it's working in his/her game now. I am going to try and download the newly updated version 5 and try it in my game as soon as a link becomes available.

The original mod's author is Embyr311. Sure hope another modder will step up if this modder has retired as I love my sims to be well-rounded in their personalities. :)

Edited To Add Updated Mods:

No Monsters Waking Children by Simstopics
    -- Updated by Devilgurl

Faster Homework by Simstopics
    -- Updated by Devilgurl

Both can be found on MTS.

1 More Broken Mod:

Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily by Madame Butterfly -- All Flavors

New Modder Catalina_45 keeps these mods updated. She is waiting for her modding tools to be updated for this latest patch.

Sims4Studio has again been updated due to bugs. I have posted that to her in MTS yesterday.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    @LuvMySimz the S4S version 3.0.0.7 doesn't fixed my problem. Will be fixed in the next version.
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    @LuvMySimz the S4S version 3.0.0.7 doesn't fixed my problem. Will be fixed in the next version.

Oh? I'm sorry to hear that. Well, let's hope of a fast update once again that'll hopefully fix your problem :)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    lilsimboolilsimboo Posts: 2 New Member
    My game is freezing my whole computer at the loading screen since installing the patch. I took out all my mods but left in my CC. Could it really be because of my CC? :/
  • Options
    lilsimboo wrote: »
    My game is freezing my whole computer at the loading screen since installing the patch. I took out all my mods but left in my CC. Could it really be because of my CC? :/

Yes, it really could. It takes only one no-longer-compatible item. Not all dead CC will do this, but some will.
  • Options
    FYI, I do plan to start a list for the Vampires pack specifically, and I'll post there anything that's broken/updated in this list, for people who don't update their game till that pack comes out.