Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Many many mods are broken after the toddler update

Comments

• Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    @Romire There's are updates available for Faster Skills and UI Cheats Extension.

Have those updated already
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Romire wrote: »
    @Romire There's are updates available for Faster Skills and UI Cheats Extension.

Have those updated already

They have, and as far as I can tell they're working great and as they're supposed to :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Is mc updated?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Is mc updated?

About 4 hours ago to: Version 3.0.4B Released

There may still be one or two issues with it, but I've not noticed anything game breaking in my environment yet...
    cat01.gif
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    aldavor wrote: »
    Is mc updated?

About 4 hours ago to: Version 3.0.4B Released
    Thank you:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    amethystmoon1996amethystmoon1996 Posts: 55 Member
    I have found that mods that use scripts affect the game...not meshes, skin defaults, anything that deals with house, hair, skin (essentially nonscript mods).
  • Options
    @RacroesRacroes ...I suggest moving the mods folder to your desktop and starting with mods that have scripts (those mods are the ones with a PACKAGE File and TS4SCRIPT File extension) and load the one at a time into the newly created Mods folder that Sims 4 generates upon loading when one has been removed. It is a tedious process but you can easily figure out which ones work and which ones don't.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited January 2017
    I know it's a bit of work but would you consider updating the first post with a list of broken mods and then a list of updated mods? Pretty please?

edit: Thanks for making this thread, by the way.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    My Sims' needs won't appear. They're totally blank. Any idea what mods could be causing that?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    My Sims' needs won't appear. They're totally blank. Any idea what mods could be causing that?

Not sure on that one, but I'd try updating anything listed in this thread already. If that doesn't help, you might need to just pull them all out and re-add them bit by bit. There's not been a lot of specific reports anywhere - just the few already listed here.

Oh, and Coffee Gives More Energy. That one's breaking coffee-drinking only, though, I think.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    Does anyone know why all my male underwear is invisible and blank...It seems to affect the maxis made ones as well.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I havent seen anyone mention pose player, and I am hesitant to place it back into my mods folder. Anyone know anything? By the way, thank you for doing this.
  • Options
    thepalebridethepalebride Posts: 2 New Member
    Pose Player seems fine. I was using it earlier with no problems.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    One of my favourite mods no longer works. It is Scumbumbo's Keep Instruments in Inventory.
  • Options
    SammoykeSammoyke Posts: 38 Member
    im havin so much cas issues for some reason , i cant tell what is causing it cause the second i find one thing wrong something else happens. I had a skin work perfect then restart , made a small edit , restarted and that caused an infinite load loop so i removed the skin and then cas wouldnt work right its just been one thing after another
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sammoyke wrote: »
    im havin so much cas issues for some reason , i cant tell what is causing it cause the second i find one thing wrong something else happens. I had a skin work perfect then restart , made a small edit , restarted and that caused an infinite load loop so i removed the skin and then cas wouldnt work right its just been one thing after another

did you edited anything with with the recent update S4S Harmony 3.0.0.6?
    If so, the packages might got corrupt due to bugs in the program.
    But there's an update again for S4S Harmony now -> 3.0.0.7 fixing the program bugs.

sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-harmony-open

"[General]
    + Fixed a bug that caused packages to get corrupted upon saving/merging.

[CAS]
    + Fixed a bug that caused arms to get sucked into the body on toddler meshes.
    + Fixed a bug that caused strange normals on toddler meshes.
    + Fixed a bug that caused some vertices to get stretched into wrong places on toddler meshes.
    + Added toddler checkbox to Studio tab."

Other than that, fix your game and update your mods and check for broken CC's if you have any.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    SammoykeSammoyke Posts: 38 Member
    if there was issues with the update for toddlers does that mean the recent toddler cc made is going to be corrupt. The character goes into an infinite loop in cas on the icon and it will never come back if i go back to the in game and if i try to save that character in cas when it is looping it loops and freezes at the save. i cant find a source to this and its really driving me nuts. I have been trying to fix this for literally hours. All script mods are updated .
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can't update my mods.
    The TS4 Compare files doesn't recognize the extracted tuning files with S4S as xml files. I'm not sure if the extracted files are good or not.
    I installed S4S version 3.0.0.7 and it doesn't work.
    The TS4 Compare is working fine with any other extracted files, only with the files in the last patch does not work.
    I'm desperate.
    Post edited by catalina_45 on
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited January 2017
    And also Wrench Hider is updated

Anyone have a link for the updated version? I know multiple different modders have made this but I can't find one that's been updated.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Does anyone know why all my male underwear is invisible and blank...It seems to affect the maxis made ones as well.

I haven't seen a reference to a specific mod causing this but I highly suspect it's something that can't be mentioned on these forums. Pull those out and try again.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    And also Wrench Hider is updated

Anyone have a link for the updated version? I know multiple different modders have made this but I can't find one that's been updated.

Stole you a link from the SimCommunity list :)http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/aom?page=1&scrollTo=62483

More dead mods from reports there:
    Kids Can Use The Stove Scripts
    GrayCurse’s Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul (doesn’t work when combined with the above)
    Larger Interaction Queue
    Invite Into Home Indefinitely – Shimrod
    Call Anytime + Relationship Mod – Catalina
    Coffee Gives More Energy – Madame Butterfly (this one breaks only coffee drinking)
    TS4 New Aging Mod – lientebollemeis
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Today, I found to have had an issue where everything seems fine until I go into CAS and there is no scripting, I cannot select any changes to the sim nor can I select the game options to quit or exit to main menu. After removing all the mods I use that require a script (MC Command, the "adult woohoo mod", janitors on lots, Graycurse cooking ingredients, Icemunmun candy dispenser, BPS bachelor party and UI Cheats), I have discovered that most recently updated UI Cheats (v.1.7 built with version 1.26.96) is still broken and will cause CAS to not function properly. So far, all the scripts mods I have listed that I use works fine. Any one else that uses a combination of the mods I have listed, experiencing CAS issues when UI Cheats is installed?
  • Options
    Today, I found to have had an issue where everything seems fine until I go into CAS and there is no scripting, I cannot select any changes to the sim nor can I select the game options to quit or exit to main menu. After removing all the mods I use that require a script (MC Command, the "adult woohoo mod", janitors on lots, Graycurse cooking ingredients, Icemunmun candy dispenser, BPS bachelor party and UI Cheats), I have discovered that most recently updated UI Cheats (v.1.7 built with version 1.26.96) is still broken and will cause CAS to not function properly. So far, all the scripts mods I have listed that I use works fine. Any one else that uses a combination of the mods I have listed, experiencing CAS issues when UI Cheats is installed?

I have UI Cheats, the one updated post-patch, and have run into no issues in CAS at all. Maybe it's conflicting with something else you added? Check your subfolders too - some Simmers have found older script mods in their subfolders that were causing problems.
  • Options
    I too have the updated UI Cheat mod, and I don't have the combination you stated; I've found everything I've attempted in CAS has worked perfectly. Good suggestion by @luthienrising - check any older CAS mods you may have.
    cat01.gif
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Stole you a link from the SimCommunity list :)http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/aom?page=1&scrollTo=62483

Unless I'm missing something here, it says it's updated for the 12/01/2016 patch :/
    qidpmcvgek8y.png