Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... anyone still feel like the game is still missing something?

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    There's always something missing in life. That's just a universal feeling we all have at times. :p

My point though, tongue-in-cheek though it may be, is I'm sure most of us can come up with a checklist of stuff we'd still like if asked for one. For the moment, I'm going to revel in the joy.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Of course! There are many things missing from the game. However, I think with the release of toddlers (for free), it definitely brought back some of the goodwill I haven't felt from this team. It seems like they really want to nickel and dime us for every little feature. However, since I now see what their resources were going to...well, faith restored. I hope they can put this much detail into future packs. And I can look past the less than stellar packs they have released thus far.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    There's always something missing in life. That's just a universal feeling we all have at times. :p

My point though, tongue-in-cheek though it may be, is I'm sure most of us can come up with a checklist of stuff we'd still like if asked for one. For the moment, I'm going to revel in the joy.

That is the spirit. OP might have some points, but doing it right now just make him/her sound like a killjoy.

Honestly, i would recommend you make a evaluation of where the "missing content" is suposed to be, if it is something major like the very configuration of the world or the sims personality, i do recommend you just quit. I wasted money and time with Thesims3 because i felt the lack of life of the sims compared to other Thesims games, i expected it to get better with each EP, but it did not.

If it is not, perhaps waiting to see if your content is not released in a pack or something would be best. As for me, i am fine with the game as it is, but it needs more content.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    Of course it its, seasons and pets for example, but the toddlers made me very happy, now I can finally enjoy my game, make my legacy and I'm extremely satisfied with them. I can't wait to see toddlers hugging the cats and dogs again or playing in the snow, so many good things are yet to come, I can't wait.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think the Life Stages still need to be fleshed out more, but that will occur as we gain more packs, I just want Hobbies and Activities for Sims now, as well as Seasons, University, Pets and Werewolves and I won't have anything else that I want xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm here to give credit where credit is due!

When I saw this month's teaser, I was completely despondent that TS4 would ever be a game that would suit my personal tastes. Yet, just now, I saw the news that toddlers have finally arrived and my hope is renewed.

I had just re-created a TS4 family in TS3 because I had lost all impetus to continue playing them once one of the sims got pregnant. I just couldn't see going through with the object baby and then, straight to a completely independent child. So, back to TS3 for me. Still, with this new addition, my interest in TS4 has been piqued again and I thank you for that. I sincerely thank you for adding this missing element and adding it for free! I thank you for giving toddlers such nice proportions and making them the most adorable toddlers yet.

The Sims 4 is still not the game that I would have wanted it to be. However, it has just gotten one giant step closer. I look forward to discovering what additional gameplay comes with our new little darlings. Again, thank you!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    I think it's a compete sims game now with everything that would be expected in one but more EPs will add some nice content (pets, seasons etc.) I finally got around to uninstalling TS3 today. I love TS4 now but I think they released the game too early/it was more of a beta release. I think it would have almost been better released this year as a complete game.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Get rid of the plum checklists for social events.

You can select the 'Non-Prestige' checkbox when planning a social event. These will not have goals. :wink:

You can't do it for dates though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Laundry and a toddler SP gives those and I will be content for years :blush:
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Seasons and Pets. That is all I want.
  • Options
    TessiexxTessiexx Posts: 199 Member
    I am happy toddlers are here.... but I feel like maxis didn't "outdo" themselves because we should of had them base game, like previous Sims versions. But to repeat that I am HAPPY TODDLERS ARE HERE! :):p

I feel like Gameplay is missing and my BIGGEST miss and neeed is the colour wheel! I hate trawling through CC to find alternative beds and furniture if only we could decorate the nice ones we have now!
    bbQgD.gif
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    CAW or even just a town editing tool, a colour wheel and Seasons would be great. Toddlers mean nothing to me as I don't play families.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Mini_GilesMini_Giles Posts: 7 New Member
    Nothing that will not eventually come in a SP, GP, EP, or update.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Burglars.
    Traits matter more to game play and sims with conflicting traits should have more drama in their lives, but sims with compatible traits should get along all the better.
    Fear emotion.
    Reworked teens or pre-teens.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Burglars.
    Traits matter more to game play and sims with conflicting traits should have more drama in their lives, but sims with compatible traits should get along all the better.
    Fear emotion.
    Reworked teens or pre-teens.

This!!
  • Options
    sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member
    im beyond happy with what we have so far
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That was a short honeymoon. Less than six hours.

This thread was not meant to be negative.

Anyway aren't there like 1000 happy threads you could continue your honeymoon at?

Not my honeymoon. I didn't care about toddlers one way or the other. Just funny how you guys get all this news, including the number one thing on the list, and we're right back to business as usual.

exactly. Such party poopers. And they call themselves fans.

No I call myself a customer actually

well then missy, the shop doesn't always have what you want so stop being rude and accept it.
    That was a short honeymoon. Less than six hours.

This thread was not meant to be negative.

Anyway aren't there like 1000 happy threads you could continue your honeymoon at?

Not my honeymoon. I didn't care about toddlers one way or the other. Just funny how you guys get all this news, including the number one thing on the list, and we're right back to business as usual.

@simgurudrake said this another thread.
    To7m wrote: »

When I saw all of you pinging me in this thread yesterday I made it my mission to post here first thing as soon as I pushed all of those posts in the forums live. I'm happy that I was able to drop that in here as my answer, FINALLY :)

I hope you get to play them soon and that you enjoy! Please continue to give us your feedback on what you'd like to see for the game, we are always listening even if we can't speak.

I have bolded the part where she asks us to keep providing feedback of what we want to see in the game, that is all people are doing in this thread. You two are the ones being rude and attacking others which really is business as usual.

This place will never get better if posters who give feedback and suggestions keep getting attacked. The number one piece of missing content has been added to the game and that is fantastic. However, there are still things that a large number of fans still feel are missing, and so, the base game is still incomplete.

Maxis did a fantastic job on toddlers and genuinely listened and acted on feedback. Many of us are hoping that they will do this again and finally complete the base game. I think the frustration many of us felt towards Maxis, due to continued silence, and content that felt lacklustre, will now dwindle away as they have proven with action and not words that they do respect and use feedback. Toddlers are better than anyone could imagine and this vampire pack looks amazing. And this is coming from a player who is not by any stretch of the imagination a family player and can take or leave supernaturals. They've made me want to change my play style.

I don't know about others, but I finally feel like The Sims 4 has actually arrived. I'm so excited for the vampire GP and look forward to what is to come.

The Sims has returned!
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Weather.
    How about less grinding.
    Get rid of the plum checklists for social events.
    How about a color palette at least. I know they won't bring back the full style creator, but they could give us a color wheel so we can actually match things.

Careers suck in this game too. Too much grindyness for little reward. It seems like the only way to make money in 4 is through the cash cow painting/writing. Career tracks are no fun in 4 and i'll soon be bored of playing painters. The daily tasks was a plum idea too...as most of them are things your sim should be doing at work(like cooking meals for culinary). They really nerfed musicians with only being able to license one song plus less tips...yet writers can churn out as much as they want and so can painters.

Get rid of the automatic phones and require sims to actually buy them...or not, which would be my choice.

The emotions system is horrid. Too much depends on it...and it feels like the Sims all now have a mental disorder(near bipolar) with the constant swings from one mood to another.

Sims just seem way too clingy and needy now. And why are all these weirdo's constantly knocking on my Sims door and/or barging into her home uninvited?

I miss the burglars too. I would rather have to deal with the actual home invader than the needy Sims loitering on my lot.

You don't have to enable the checklist for social events
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2017
    this is the worst thread ever. So many people are finally happy and you just have to point out and ask what else is missing. Wasn't the whining about toddlers enough before today!?
    Hmmm, whining is a form of feedback if I remember, to date there are other features as well that are needed. You just tainted the thread with your comment you could have just moved on but you decided to rain on everybody's parade. Wonder how you feel when you create a thread and someone comes in and turns it around from it's original intent. We was asked a question and we answered and since there is no rule against the thread, this is the best thread ever! :)

Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

I LOVE the new Patch update
    , <3 but yes, I feel like the game is still missing something. :D
    If I had to pick and choose what I miss most, for me, it would be Cats and Weather,
    (And perhaps a terrain and recoloring tool of some kind (?), though I am not sure if they can, or ever will add that).

this is the worst thread ever. So many people are finally happy and you just have to point out and ask what else is missing. Wasn't the whining about toddlers enough before today!?
    I don't see a problem with this thread, since we are customers, EA wants to know what we are interested in/willing to buy... :p
    (as you can clearly read, from another thread, that I have copied/pasted, and linked to, below) :*
    Please continue to give us your feedback on what you'd like to see for the game, we are always listening even if we can't speak.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15458336/#Comment_15458336

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Yea, lets keep complaining about what we don't have. Good idea. :/
    And I will keep on complaining if it get some of the stuff I want. You seriously think feedback is going to stop because one feature was added. What you see as complaints, I see as feedback, enjoy the toddlers. :)

Toddlers weren't a requirement for my game. It does seem that they'll be much better than TS3 toddlers but I can take them or leave them. They weren't an essential part of the game for me. I am happy for those players who have waited so long.

I agree with some others here. We're still missing a lot....firemen, burglars, police and other NPCs. Hopefully they are going to keep going in the direction of more sandbox and less linear play. The game is still missing a lot of the little things that can't be really "fixed" by an EP or GP.

@Goldmoldar Don't think of it as complaining. Graham tweeted this.

I know, I was being a little sarcastic :) I also look at complaining as a form of feedback.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    The game isn't going to be absolved of all its sins and all of its faults arent just going to be forgotten, just because toddlers were added.
    But this is a huge step forward in the right direction. Like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.