Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... anyone still feel like the game is still missing something?

x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't, but I'm just curious, only because now that the big Ts are here, I wonder if there are still some people out there that still feel like The Sims 4 still needs something.

EDT: Please respect this thread and those who respond to it. This thread was absolutely not meant to be negative, and if you take it that way, I suggest you drop it because it's becoming annoying and ridiculous at this point. No one here is complaining, this is not a thread to bash the team and make their jobs even more difficult. I only asked a question, please take it AS SUCH.
Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on

Comments

• Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    I guess cars are the biggest thing that's still missing. Other than that, I am perfectly happy with Sims 4 :)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    I'd be happy with a beach and witches, but I'm legit overjoyed right now. This was a very much unexpected, yet welcome surprise.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There is still a lot missing of course and the addition of toddlers isn't going to make the game 'more attractive' for me anyway. Some players might feel a bit happier with toddlers and I can imagine it might bring in some new interest for the game fort a while.

There is still no Open World though...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm tired out. I've just got my parents and their two toddlers to bed, all fed and tidy. That inquistive trait makes my little girl Sims run about everywhere and is difficult to click on! Fun to watch until you realise they are getting very, very hungry. Make sure you get the highchairs and potty objects early on!
    I've found that those highchairs can be attached to the dining table which is good.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Cars, open neighborhoods
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I don't, but I'm just curious, only because now that the big Ts are here, I wonder if there are still some people out there that still feel like The Sims 4 still needs something.

The game will always need something... but toddlers coming is HUGE. I'm honestly soooo much happier with this game now. I actually have faith now that this series will deliver more good things in the future. I have hope that 2017 will be great over all for the sims 4.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gameplay.

It's not a matter of missing it, but rather I don't think you can have enough. Sims 3 for example you could travel to Egypt to raid a tomb, then you could become a vampire, then you could become President, then you could travel to the future, then you could build a robot, then you grow a plantsim, etc etc etc.

It's absurd, sure, but all of that stuff provided something to do. In the "something to do" department, Sims 4 has always been pretty weak. We've had three expansions, and two of those encourage a sort of party lifestyle while the third offers jobs that - if you are not actively participating in them because they're not your cup of tea - then that expansion pack effectively isn't serving you. We need more, because there's nothing wrong with disliking the GTW careers for example, but if you do...? You really lack alternatives to turn to.

To me, the Sims 4 has spent a long time focusing on aesthetics and stuff. Now? It's time to stop. It's time to redirect attention towards gameplay and fill that void. It's my hope that vampires and toddlers are the start of a new trend rather than a nice jump in quality and gameplay content before it takes a dive again. I'd personally like to see more hobbies and skills (working in tandem with the skills doing quite a bit to change what a sim can do) and more life states, though gameplay can come in any form.

At the end of the day? You can just endlessly add gameplay onto a game like this to the point the player thinks they'll never be able to experience it all, and yet it's STILL loved, welcomed and appreciated as the player makes the attempt to enjoy every aspect of the game. That's precisely what I hope they plan on doing.

I 100% agree with you. I'm hoping the reason for the bare EPs so far has been because they were diverting time and resources to making toddlers. For the first time I am thinking that this game has some hope. Roll on The Sims 4 Vampires.
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I am so happy, Toddlers is all I was waiting on.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    oh..and bigger worlds!
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I miss my pets :p
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Toddlers were really the only big thing missing for me.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I want weather and snow, but I won't complain for a big while now. I'm just too happy! Sims 4 team really outdid themselves:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Nothing I can't live without
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am known to be the complainer but even at this point.....let's just stop complaining for a second and appreciate what we have xD
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think all the rest can wait till EPs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    FinneganFinnegan Posts: 69 Member
    Pets, seasons, cars please
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would really appreciate Toddlers. Especially if they had new traits, oh and plEAse do something with teeth, that would be spiffy.

The people below are celebrating the update today.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I honestly am hoping that this was taking a lot of resources (which it should have) and thats why we had only one ep last year and it was kind of half an expansion. Im hoping that all the people working on toddlers will start working on EPs and from here on out be great!
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I would really appreciate Toddlers.

LOOK UNDER YOUR CHAAAAAIRRR~~~!!

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    toddlers is here.
    idc about anything else atm.
    Of course I want detached infants from cribs and seasons but I will wait, I can wait now.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    witch_hammerswitch_hammers Posts: 50 Member
    The only other thing I want at the moment is more worlds, but I think I'll be content for a while.