Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, you listened to the "toddlers" crowd, now how about us builders?

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    We have a list of build-related stuff we want to add to the game. Can't give more details or timelines for when you'll see stuff, but hang in there, I promise you haven't been forgotten!

Dare I ask...? /whispers what about witches? Are they on the list?

--T
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    We have a list of build-related stuff we want to add to the game. Can't give more details or timelines for when you'll see stuff, but hang in there, I promise you haven't been forgotten!

oooooooo !!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member

Awesome news! Looking forward to what the Sims team have in store for us builders! B)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017

Round pool shapes? :smile:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

If new styles of stairs are on that list, have an ehug.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member

@SimGuruHouts Thanks Aaron, I knew you were listening and would pull through for us builders! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Thrown a CAW tool and make the game an Open World and you might just be able to sway me. Of course the builders have also been waiting around for something so hopefully the building community will be the next group to get something exciting :smile:

I am sorry, but a lot of you don't get it. Many of us don't want Open world. I don't want to be limited to one family, and I never want to have all the horrible rabbit holes back. It is fine if you like it, but don't present it as if it is something we all want, because not everyone does. The open world is what ruined the Sims 3 for me.
  • Options
    KalebsmommaKalebsmomma Posts: 88 Member
    all i wanted is just to be able to make my own apartments from scratch or row houses :(
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited January 2017

This makes me a little happy, I still just have this icky feeling about not having any more info, but I am seriously autistic so that may be the problem. But it makes me happy because I miss CASt soo much! Just like so many have said even if only the colour wheel comes back I will finally get into the game! Or maybe they could make a limited version of CASt where you can choose between wood structure (just 1 or 2 instead of the umpty choices of wood structures in Sims 3 if that really is too heavy), stone structure, cotton structure etc. That would take the game to a whole new level! If that would happen I might even give Sims 3 a break. Might.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    BlastboomBlastboom Posts: 175 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Thrown a CAW tool and make the game an Open World and you might just be able to sway me. Of course the builders have also been waiting around for something so hopefully the building community will be the next group to get something exciting :smile:

I am sorry, but a lot of you don't get it. Many of us don't want Open world. I don't want to be limited to one family, and I never want to have all the horrible rabbit holes back. It is fine if you like it, but don't present it as if it is something we all want, because not everyone does. The open world is what ruined the Sims 3 for me.

There's more approaches to Open World than what TS3 went with.
  • Options

Well, I hate the fact that I can't have multiple games as in Sims 3. If I play a family in Sims 4 other than my own, my own family will live on. I don't like that! So that's just a personal thing, just as King_of_Simcity said, to her open world is a game changer. And I agree! I hate the locked up feeling of Sims 4.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, I hate the fact that I can't have multiple games as in Sims 3. If I play a family in Sims 4 other than my own, my own family will live on. I don't like that! So that's just a personal thing, just as King_of_Simcity said, to her open world is a game changer. And I agree! I hate the locked up feeling of Sims 4.
    you can have multiple games. there's a "new game" option on the main menu, it's a plus sign at the top of the screen.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    BOY wrote: »
    you can have multiple games. there's a "new game" option on the main menu, it's a plus sign at the top of the screen.

Oh than I hated the fact that we couldn't ;) thanks for letting me know. My day is getting better and better and where I live it's 3am. The excitement keeps me up ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

independent foundations? :smile:
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »

independent foundations? :smile:

Terrain tools?
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member

Second that, Open world might have the appeal but honestly, in Thesim3 way it is just pointless, all jobs are blocked offscreen (Rabitholes) and all action is in lots, same as closed worlds, except laggier.

I am absolutely fine with THesims4 sectionated Semi-Open world model (Eh..i kinda of sugested it back then), i just wish it was...Idk.. LARGER ? Maybe more flexible, allowing us to choose the position of lots..wich i dont think will happen in this game lifetime, so i am asking for a CAW instead.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited January 2017
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I understand that new comers to the Sims and veterans of the franchise that have never truly delved in building before, but have done so in the Sims 4, may not truly understand us hardcore builders who have been into building since the beginning. There are tools that we have learned to expect to be in every version of the Sims. Terrain tools is just one example.

1-13-17

Hi Ed! Remember ME? Forgive me ... this isn't my place to join the conversation because, as you know, I don't play TS4 but certainly understand this particular issue. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still loving your TS3 *The Wild Wild West* WORLD and currently playing it again for a story series that I started nearly 2 years ago.

I hope you're having a great new year so far. I REALLY MISS YOU! :'(

<3 Cam
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I understand that new comers to the Sims and veterans of the franchise that have never truly delved in building before, but have done so in the Sims 4, may not truly understand us hardcore builders who have been into building since the beginning. There are tools that we have learned to expect to be in every version of the Sims. Terrain tools is just one example.

1-13-17

Hi Ed! Remember ME? Forgive me ... this isn't my place to join the conversation because, as you know, I don't play TS4 but certainly understand this particular issue. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still loving your TS3 *The Wild Wild West* WORLD and currently playing it again for a story series that I started nearly 2 years ago.

<3 Cam

@cameonet1950 Hey Cam! Nice of you to drop in, it's been a while. I am glad you are still enjoying my Wild Wild West world. I wish we had the tools to create an old west world in Sims 4, but alas, I will have to settle with an old west lot. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member

1-13-17

<3 Cam

@cameonet1950 Hey Cam! Nice of you to drop in, it's been a while. I am glad you are still enjoying my Wild Wild West world. I wish we had the tools to create an old west world in Sims 4, but alas, I will have to settle with an old west lot. :(

Yeah, I'm a die-hard TS3 FOREVER gal and always will be. B)<3
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    In terms of building, I really want to see CaW and to get rid of that atrocious "world map". It's so ugly, plain and simple. And before they did the update to colourise it, it was even worse. One thing I thought they could do was bring the world map to life when you start the game, but when you are playing a family and traveling between lots, have the current world map load up.

Other than that, TS4 shines in terms of building. It almost seems geared towards builders. I would prefer the game to focus on the Sims themselves first.

But to go back to my other point ... they really need to do something about the world map. Even if it was just bringing the world map to life and not having CaW, that would be way better than it is now.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Honestly, how they've dropped toddlers like this? I'd say anything can happen. And I *never* thought I'd be saying that about TS4.

--T

True... Ea went all Beyonce on us... Anything can happen.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    9b8ll9b8ll Posts: 13 New Member
    v12creator wrote: »

What are some of the other ones? I played all of the sims games, but I really can't remember right now.

.Spiral Stairs
    .Custom Apartments
    .Infinite floors cheat
    .Functional Garage (Kinda pointless in this game)
    .Greenhouses (Would need seasons EP)

Dont know, there are probably more, but Terrain is likely the most important.
    I will add the important one the Constrain Floor Elevation cheat. it's a really powerfull one! For the Functional Garage all they need to do is add cars and make sims the ablity to whoohoo in them :p

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Dare I ask...? /whispers what about witches? Are they on the list?

--T

Hoping they'll become op as they were in TS2 (would prefer the magic bar thing TS3 rather spells-requires-reagent thing). :open_mouth:

As for building tools and customization: I'M ALL IN FOR IT :)

NNpYlHF.jpg