Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance & Hotness Long Gone

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    *gasp* What digital consenting adults do with each other (and with no real nudity) is more traumatizing than digital people being killed in various ways?

I guess it's fine for teens to have those violent shooting games instead. :tongue:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Another thing why can't Sims cuddle on the sofa without breaking away after 5 seconds?

They need a drink of water.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member

Sims making out and cuddling is far more graphic and IMO is not suitable for the teen audience.

Oh honey teens look up more graphic things than making out and cuddling they're looking at uncovered woohoo , they're going to be fine if some pixels kiss and cuddle.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I agree, I miss the intimate interactions. For those saying it's inappropriate, most shows aimed at teens are centered around adolescent romance and watching people their age (or youthful vampire-looking adults pretending to be their age) sucking face and sleeping around. Teens can handle heated makeouts.
  • Options
    NehemiahxxNehemiahxx Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes, party all night in the ruins, get abducted and pregnant by aliens, blow all your simoleans on nectar, see how long it takes for your sim to drown, and woohoo with every last sim on the block but heaven forbid you have some intimacy and closeness with your partner.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I agree, I miss the intimate interactions. For those saying it's inappropriate, most shows aimed at teens are centered around adolescent romance and watching people their age (or youthful vampire-looking adults pretending to be their age) sucking face and sleeping around. Teens can handle heated makeouts.

Teens already kiss and makeout better then adults in this game plus they get the neck kiss,
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    don't worry you gonna get your "hot date" game pack where you will gonna have all the romantic interactions for just 39,99 cuz
    keep-calm-science-will-save-us.png?1436905983
    sims 4 the "pack edition", where 90% of the game will be sold in packs.

And they will patch in interactions that will replace the current boring interactions.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

There is a difference to a Woohoo in a bush that two Sims cuddling up in bed.

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

:no_mouth:

Woohoos are completely covered up though.

Bed woohoo = under the covers
    Sauna woohoo = covered by steam
    Bush woohoo = covered by bush
    etc.

Sims making out and cuddling is far more graphic and IMO is not suitable for the teen audience.

Oh please ts2 had it and it wasn't such a big deal. No one is saying wohoo shouldn't be covered, but the interactions can't be THAT boring. Also teens are not that innocent and if they are high school will kill them.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

etc.

Oh sure... Considering teens are already in that sort of stuff with kissing and what not. It isn't graphical.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I think people are forgetting that real life teens and young adults are way, way, way more "frisky" than in the sims 4. The fact that it is rated T does not change that. All generations of the Sims was rated T, but the previous installments had ways to break up the romance with funny sound effects or animation. In all honesty, how many of us can say we have NEVER seen two teens make out on a couch in RL (like in the sims 2) or have made out in bed (like in the sims 2 &3)? The sims 4 waters down romance and makes it super hard to get 2 sims to love each other. In the sims 2 and sims 3 sims who where romantically involved would randomly want or do romantic interactions on their own. In the sims 4, sims don't really care who they flirt with if they feel flirty. I think the main issue is that the sims 4 does not have in depth relationship system. The sims are very 1 layered and they hardly evolve.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

etc.

So the alternative is to have some light hearted potty humour such as a talking toilet and renaming two interactions 'pee like a champion' and 'angry poop' then?

I played TS1 when I was younger and there was a lot of stuff in there that really pushed the boundaries such as cake dancers, maybe stuff that wouldn't be able to make it into a 'T' rated game these days yet I actually managed to turn out ok.

Yup the sims 1 has more romance options than the sims 4. Sad but true. They even have some which never made it into later versions, playing footsie, growling and fiery kiss spring to mind.

The romance being toned down in the sims 4 just makes me believe this game is aimed at children. And it's not about wanting something seedy in your game, what's wrong with wanting different kisses in game? The make out option in the sims 4 is like a peck in the cheek, they high five before woohoo.. enough said! I want to believe my sims feel something for each other. But I can't.

But yet this is the game that has apologise in bed as an option for sims in certain situations and allows teens to mess about (woohoo), I wouldn't think that would be suitable for a pre teen audience personally but yet kisses are very basic. Weirder stories right there!

Good reply! :smiley:

I remember footsie, if your Sim got rejected the other Sim would stomp on thier foot!

TS3 added a lot of kiss types over time, shy kiss, heat of the moment and juiced kiss. I once also saw a 'rebound kiss' from a Sim who had just become single and was cheated on. He got rejected for a rebound :open_mouth:

A teen mess around is all very well but what was wrong with just a make out on bed?

Then again teens are the same as adults anyway so I guess they are all 18 and woohooing with each other! :no_mouth:

:disappointed:

I love all the sims 3 kisses and romance options. I've yet to see a rebound kiss but that sounds funny!

I genuinely don't understand how basic romance options have been watered down but TS4 allows teens to mess around in bed when previous versions never went that far. Not unmodded anyhow. Teens as adults really annoy me. Its one of the many reasons I stopped playing.

I guess that then 'mess around' interaction is the same as adult Woohoo?

If that is the case then it is just a cloned interaction. Different kisses would require more animation and of course in TS4, that would take up valuable time

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think people are forgetting that real life teens and young adults are way, way, way more "frisky" than in the sims 4. The fact that it is rated T does not change that. All generations of the Sims was rated T, but the previous installments had ways to break up the romance with funny sound effects or animation. In all honesty, how many of us can say we have NEVER seen two teens make out on a couch in RL (like in the sims 2) or have made out in bed (like in the sims 2 &3)? The sims 4 waters down romance and makes it super hard to get 2 sims to love each other. In the sims 2 and sims 3 sims who where romantically involved would randomly want or do romantic interactions on their own. In the sims 4, sims don't really care who they flirt with if they feel flirty. I think the main issue is that the sims 4 does not have in depth relationship system. The sims are very 1 layered and they hardly evolve.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The relationships don't have layers, they are superficial. Even when they patched in more family behaviour like kids hugging their parents autonomously and couples showing affection to each other. (And by affection I mean a peck on the cheek) it feels...false. I can't believe it.

On the other hand when my sims in 2 and 3 are happy and left to their own devices their behaviour is so much more... natural, believable, realistic. Whether it's romantic feelings or even negative, it all just flows so much more realistically.

etc.

So the alternative is to have some light hearted potty humour such as a talking toilet and renaming two interactions 'pee like a champion' and 'angry poop' then?

I played TS1 when I was younger and there was a lot of stuff in there that really pushed the boundaries such as cake dancers, maybe stuff that wouldn't be able to make it into a 'T' rated game these days yet I actually managed to turn out ok.

Yup the sims 1 has more romance options than the sims 4. Sad but true. They even have some which never made it into later versions, playing footsie, growling and fiery kiss spring to mind.

The romance being toned down in the sims 4 just makes me believe this game is aimed at children. And it's not about wanting something seedy in your game, what's wrong with wanting different kisses in game? The make out option in the sims 4 is like a peck in the cheek, they high five before woohoo.. enough said! I want to believe my sims feel something for each other. But I can't.

But yet this is the game that has apologise in bed as an option for sims in certain situations and allows teens to mess about (woohoo), I wouldn't think that would be suitable for a pre teen audience personally but yet kisses are very basic. Weirder stories right there!

I remember footsie, if your Sim got rejected the other Sim would stomp on thier foot!

TS3 added a lot of kiss types over time, shy kiss, heat of the moment and juiced kiss. I once also saw a 'rebound kiss' from a Sim who had just become single and was cheated on. He got rejected for a rebound :open_mouth:

A teen mess around is all very well but what was wrong with just a make out on bed?

Then again teens are the same as adults anyway so I guess they are all 18 and woohooing with each other! :no_mouth:

I love all the sims 3 kisses and romance options. I've yet to see a rebound kiss but that sounds funny!

I genuinely don't understand how basic romance options have been watered down but TS4 allows teens to mess around in bed when previous versions never went that far. Not unmodded anyhow. Teens as adults really annoy me. Its one of the many reasons I stopped playing.

If that is the case then it is just a cloned interaction. Different kisses would require more animation and of course in TS4, that would take up valuable time

I believe it is. I didn't play a lot of teens (.couldnt get over the fact that teens are identical in height to adults) but from what I've it is yes. Teens can even be created in CAS and moved out on their own from scratch. I'm not sure if they can do that in the sims 3, my current save file has a child that's only on day 15 of a 35 day child life cycle.
  • Options

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The relationships don't have layers, they are superficial. Even when they patched in more family behaviour like kids hugging their parents autonomously and couples showing affection to each other. (And by affection I mean a peck on the cheek) it feels...false. I can't believe it.

On the other hand when my sims in 2 and 3 are happy and left to their own devices their behaviour is so much more... natural, believable, realistic. Whether it's romantic feelings or even negative, it all just flows so much more realistically.

etc.

I believe it is. I didn't play a lot of teens (.couldnt get over the fact that teens are identical in height to adults) but from what I've it is yes. Teens can even be created in CAS and moved out on their own from scratch. I'm not sure if they can do that in the sims 3, my current save file has a child that's only on day 15 of a 35 day child life cycle.

I don't think you can have a teen move out by them selves in TS3 or I don't think you can make one without parents in CAS in TS3 but I don't think that I have ever checked before.

I don't see the point in TS4 even having teens if they are only going to be the same as adults anyway

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

etc.

I don't think you can have a teen move out by them selves in TS3 or I don't think you can make one without parents in CAS in TS3 but I don't think that I have ever checked before.

I don't see the point in TS4 even having teens if they are only going to be the same as adults anyway

@king_of_simcity7 i wonder as well why have a teen age group when they are to close to young adult teen should have there own category as well as outfits made for teens and not wear the same clothes as young adult sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    In all honesty, the sims 4 feels more like a Beta than a completed game. Most of the base game content had to be added by patches or packs, similar to how a game is developed. I can't believe EA would decide to release the game in such a state. The whole new AI system is full of bugs and runs more like an online game AI than how the sims 2 and 3 AI behaved. If anyone who played the sims Social remembers, the sims on there act similar to the sims 4. The only difference is the emotion system, which doesn't even live up to all the hype EA made about it, and the semi opened world. The lack of romance and how "flat/plastic" the sims are is like a complete downgrade from the milestones the sims 2 and 3 made. I really hope the game sales enough for EA and Maxis to consider doing a sims 5 and doing it right. I really hope the mistakes they made here is not repeated in the future or else this could be the end of the Sims series.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The one thing that really needs to change for children and teens is curfews. It is really odd to see them out and about in the early hours of the morning.

Considering the number of teens who actually engage in such activities, it is more than 100% suitable for teens.
    It's a pretty weird attitude you have, to not want affectionate interactions. The world needs MORE PDA! You know, make love, not war?

TS3 had dancers too, who would turn up to your pre-wedding party, and there'd be the spraying of fizz. Not to mention the ability to dance on counters and bar tables (I really miss that one).

mika wrote: »
    Yep. TV aimed at teens is often full of half dressed (sometimes only underwear or towel clad) hot bodies bumping against each other, also with plenty of sloppy sounding smooching. If teens can watch it between real people on tv, why can't they also watch it between pixel people on pc?
    It only seems to be the most cottonwool wrapped, sheltered teens who don't see this stuff.
    I think some people here would be squirming with discomfort if they knew the books I was reading at 13.

Nehemiahxx wrote: »
    Yes, party all night in the ruins, get abducted and pregnant by aliens, blow all your simoleans on nectar, see how long it takes for your sim to drown, and woohoo with every last sim on the block but heaven forbid you have some intimacy and closeness with your partner.
    Yep.
    It's ok to kill your sim in multiple ways, but intimacy is a no-no. :/
    And then they wonder why the world has gone to plum.

teen should have there own category as well as outfits made for teens and not wear the same clothes as young adult sims
    Why?
    As a teen, I wore adult clothing. It was from the adult part of clothing stores, I didn't wear kids clothes. It's normal for teens to wear adult clothing. I still wear similar style clothing to what I wore at 15.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2017
    What's wrong with sims making out on a couch ? Because teens play ? They're not innocent this day in time and I'm pretty sure they do what the devs let ts4 teens do in bed and more! Mess around my foot! Absolutely nothing wrong with sims making out lol geez remove the sticks. People would flip their lids if they knew the console version of the Sims 2 let you flip people the bird. "Oh my burning sensitive eyes" -_- smh
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    *gasp* What digital consenting adults do with each other (and with no real nudity) is more traumatizing than digital people being killed in various ways?

I guess it's fine for teens to have those violent shooting games instead. :tongue:

I don't this is accurate . Lot of shooting and violent games are rated MA . Not teen though , the thing woohoo is cover up i still metaphor for sex .The only reason they can have it . (is because it s cover up)
  • Options
    @MorinGlory23 Great points and welcome the forums! :smile:

@Movotti I likebthe danc options for TS3, I find there are some 'hidden' dance moves that I see Sims perform from time to time.

Also I agree about kids being out until the early hours of the morning. Where are the parents? :open_mouth:

@Horrorgirl6 Everyone knows what Woohoo is supposed to be, it is so named for the sound that Sims make... When doing it... :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Well... Ea has to tone things down so they can appeal to children. This way they make more money.... It's a child's game now. TS2 was the best, and always will be the best. It had crude humor and reality.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    While there are mods out there that take the rating straight from T to XXX that's not what most people are asking for. Intimacy and affection don't have to be graphic. The way sims used to sleep in past games involved couples spooning....but under the covers same as woohoo! All we could see was that their heads were close together! And that kind of thing is what people would like back.

I would love a hand holding interaction! Even if it was limited to sims sitting across from each other (since they have said body sliders and clipping make this an issue for walking). A seated tv watching position for couples that involved an arm around a shoulder from one partner and the other's head resting on their shoulder, similar to the cuddle by the fire interaction from get together that they do standing. A quick dance twirl into a chaste peck on the lips with nun approved 12 inch body distance would be great. Nobody's clothes have to come off (of course the raciness of any one of those interactions would be bumped up a notch if you CHOOSE to have your sim in underwear or nude while doing these things) and it would show a level of sweetness and caring that isn't seen much in the game at the moment.

The blow kiss interaction, kiss cheek or the sauve kiss on the hand are some of my favorite romance interactions - and they just are not that wild. But they are sweet and intimate. I would like to see more of that level of sweetness in my sims relationships.

And of course - always more woohoo locations.
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Well... Ea has to tone things down so they can appeal to children. This way they make more money.... It's a child's game now. TS2 was the best, and always will be the best. It had crude humor and reality.

If that's them toning things down they did a horrible job. Messing around and bush woohoo ? Pshhh. Sims getting thorns in the wrong places and what not. Ts2 is perfect o:)
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This shouldn't be an issue - it's T for Teen not E10+ or E for Everyone. There's no problem with more intimate interactions being in this game, especially since they were present before. If you don't want a child to be exposed to that, maybe you should look for a game with a younger rating.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    This shouldn't be an issue - it's T for Teen not E10+ or E for Everyone. There's no problem with more intimate interactions being in this game, especially since they were present before. If you don't want a child to be exposed to that, maybe you should look for a game with a younger rating.

Exactly. Parents want to protect their children from natural things like intimacy, yet it's okay for them to play GTA and COD.... Boggles my mind. They should make a rating between teen (T) and mature (M) if you ask me.
    p6tqefj