Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    micrazy2micrazy2 Posts: 23 Member
    Ok one more probably stupid question... Before I moved her out, I was not asked who in the household I wanted to play, but now when I go back to original house without her, it does... Is this normal to now be asking me?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    micrazy2 wrote: »
    Ok one more probably plum question... Before I moved her out, I was not asked who in the household I wanted to play, but now when I go back to original house without her, it does... Is this normal to now be asking me?

It is normal for that to occur. One of the sims in the household may not be on the lot at that particular time. You can choose who you want to play from the household.
  • Options
    SimsSimsSimsSimsSimsSims Posts: 29 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    i really want to play with the cc

Hello
    Move the current sims 4 folder to your desktop. Start the game, and a new fresh Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game. You won't have any of your save games, or old mods/cc or any of the households or builds that you saved to your library, because you deleted them.
    You can download and install new cc though as well as installing mods.

Go to game options in-game and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.

sorry rosemow but thats not what i meant. i meant that b4 i actually copied and pasted the sims 4 folder from another user i actually started the game with no sims 4 folder and it had all the saved games and it workd perfectly fine. now i just moved the sims 4 folder to my desktop just like u asked to do and started the game. it still has all the saves.. what do i do now plz HELPPP!!:/
  • Options
    a sims 4 folder didnt generate b4 and it isnt now either
  • Options

Hello
    Move the current sims 4 folder to your desktop. Start the game, and a new fresh Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game. You won't have any of your save games, or old mods/cc or any of the households or builds that you saved to your library, because you deleted them.

Go to game options in-game and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.

sorry rosemow but thats not what i meant. i meant that b4 i actually copied and pasted the sims 4 folder from another user i actually started the game with no sims 4 folder and it had all the saved games and it workd perfectly fine. now i just moved the sims 4 folder to my desktop just like u asked to do and started the game. it still has all the saves.. what do i do now plz HELPPP!!:/

Hello
    Does the sims 4 folder have your saved games in it now? If it does, does the mods folder contain your cc that you had before you had these issues?
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    Does the sims 4 folder have your saved games in it now? If it does, does the mods folder contain your cc that you had before you had these issues?

ok so basically to make things clear i had the sims 4 game and there was a sims 4 folder in documents. then it stopped working because of some origin problem. so i uninstalled it and i also deleted the sims 4 folder in documents as well. then i reinstalled it again and the sims 4 and i started playing it, and when i launched the game after i reinstalled it, it didnt re generate the sims 4 folder. so i logged into another account on my pc, who hasnt played the sims 4 but has the folder, and i copied and pasted it into my ea folder in documents. now when i did what u said to put it in my desktop it didnt regenerate a new one. so i dont know what to do. and i also dont understand the answer to ur question: Hello

so far now i dont have a sims 4 folder in my documents, its in my desktop. BUT IT STILL WORKS WITH ALL SAVES. just to be clear the folder isnt a backup on another user on my pc its theirs, but they dont play the sims 4.
    PLEASe HELPPP :(
  • Options

Hello

Hello

ok so basically to make things clear i had the sims 4 game and there was a sims 4 folder in documents. then it stopped working because of some origin problem. so i uninstalled it and i also deleted the sims 4 folder in documents as well. then i reinstalled it again and the sims 4 and i started playing it, and when i launched the game after i reinstalled it, it didnt re generate the sims 4 folder. so i logged into another account on my pc, who hasnt played the sims 4 but has the folder, and i copied and pasted it into my ea folder in documents. now when i did what u said to put it in my desktop it didnt regenerate a new one. so i dont know what to do. and i also dont understand the answer to ur question: Hello

so far now i dont have a sims 4 folder in my documents, its in my desktop. BUT IT STILL WORKS WITH ALL SAVES. just to be clear the folder isnt a backup on another user on my pc its theirs, but they dont play the sims 4.
    PLEASe HELPPP :(

Place the sims 4 folder that is on your desktop back into documents. You will then be able to play the game.
  • Options
    no thats not the problem i can still play without that folder i dont know how but i can but the cc's that i put into the mode folder dont come up on the cc's list on the actual game.. what do i do
  • Options
    no thats not the problem i can still play without that folder i dont know how but i can but the cc's that i put into the mode folder dont come up on the cc's list on the actual game.. what do i do

Hello
    Is there a back up copy of the Sims 4 folder in One Drive? The game may be using that folder instead. Try checking to see if there is a sims 4 folder there.
    Also,go to game options in-game and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game.
    I think though the game isn't using the sims 4 folder that you copied/pasted from the other account, so it isn't recognising the cc that you have put in the mods folder.
    It would be good to see if there is a sims 4 folder in One Drive or any other place that you have backups of your computer files such as google drive.
  • Options

Hello
    Is there a back up copy of the Sims 4 folder in One Drive? The game may be using that folder instead. Try checking to see if there is a sims 4 folder there.
    Also,go to game options in-game and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game.
    I think though the game isn't using the sims 4 folder that you copied/pasted from the other account, so it isn't recognising the cc that you have put in the mods folder.
    It would be good to see if there is a sims 4 folder in One Drive or any other place that you have backups of your computer files such as google drive.

i have checked onedrive my documents program files program files x86 and other places as well there is no sims 4 backup anywhere. the " enable custom content and mods" and the script mods button is ticked.
  • Options

Hello

i have checked onedrive my documents program files program files x86 and other places as well there is no sims 4 backup anywhere. the " enable custom content and mods" and the script mods button is ticked.

The game is using your save games from a location on your computer. If you haven't tried doing it, try using the search button/ bar to locate the sims 4 folder that contains your save games. Type in " tray" or "saves" or " the sims 4" or "mods" and see if you can find it. The results may include the other sims 4 folder, so ignore those results.

If you are still unable to locate the sims 4 folder, you may be best to be in touch with EA Help.
    https://help.ea.com/
    The advisors there may be able to assist you.

I am so sorry that you are having these issues :(
  • Options
    purplerain730purplerain730 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! So I've been having a problem with my game crashing since around November. It all happened after I installed the City Living EP. I have always used custom content in my game with no problems. But now, after installing City Living, any time I try to play the game with CC in my Mods folder, it crashes and says "The Sims 4 has stopped working" about 10 minutes into gameplay. It usually happens at random times. Sometimes when in CAS, sometimes when trying to save, sometimes when trying to travel, etc. I feel like I've tried everything. It seems to play fine without CC, but I would really like to find a solution to be able to use CC. I've tried renaming the Sims folder to backup so it will regenerate a new folder when I launch the game, but it didn't work. I've tried just about everything I could find online. Any help?
  • Options
    Hi! So I've been having a problem with my game crashing since around November. It all happened after I installed the City Living EP. I have always used custom content in my game with no problems. But now, after installing City Living, any time I try to play the game with CC in my Mods folder, it crashes and says "The Sims 4 has stopped working" about 10 minutes into gameplay. It usually happens at random times. Sometimes when in CAS, sometimes when trying to save, sometimes when trying to travel, etc. I feel like I've tried everything. It seems to play fine without CC, but I would really like to find a solution to be able to use CC. I've tried renaming the Sims folder to backup so it will regenerate a new folder when I launch the game, but it didn't work. I've tried just about everything I could find online. Any help?

Hello @purplerain730
    Your cc/mods have been broken due to the latest game patches or the ep.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    You will then be able to remove the cc /mod causing the issues, and keep the rest of your cc/mods.
    Then check on the cc/mods download site to see if an updated version has been released.
  • Options

Hello

The game is using your save games from a location on your computer. If you haven't tried doing it, try using the search button/ bar to locate the sims 4 folder that contains your save games. Type in " tray" or "saves" or " the sims 4" or "mods" and see if you can find it. The results may include the other sims 4 folder, so ignore those results.

If you are still unable to locate the sims 4 folder, you may be best to be in touch with EA Help.

is there some way that i could modify that folder so that the folder is recognised in my game
  • Options

Hello

is there some way that i could modify that folder so that the folder is recognised in my game

I am just checking . Are you able to play the save game that you played before you had the issue and deleted the Sims 4 folder? Or did you start a new save game?
  • Options
    i can play the save game that i played before i had the issue and deleted the Sims 4 folder
  • Options
    i can play the save game that i played before i had the issue and deleted the Sims 4 folder

Go to the sims 4 folder that is in My Documents ( I think that you put it back there? )Go to the saves folder and see if there are save files there that are the same date/time that you last played the game, when you played either today or yesterday.
  • Options
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Vanessa/OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots/2017-01-07.png[/img]
    it looks like that then what do i look for
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Vanessa/OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots/2017-01-07.png[/img]

Could you upload the pic to imgur.com and type the URL here without the http:// portion? We can't see your pic.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Hello
    You need to upload your screenshot to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic,because we are unable to see photos that are on the computer of other simmers. Upload the picture to imgur, tiny pic or photo bucket, then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the picture for you.
  • Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello all,

i just discovered a new bug, at least for me. My ghost (dead in sauna) don't have the option to absorb the puddles of water from the floor anymore. No cc or mod installed.
    Anyone have the same problem?
  • Options

Hello
    You need to upload your screenshot to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic,because we are unable to see photos that are on the computer of other simmers. Upload the picture to imgur, tiny pic or photo bucket, then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the picture for you.

well the screenshot just shows a bunch of save files with names like: Slot_00000001.save
  • Options
    well that save file has been made yesterday
  • Options
    i just saved and exited my game it hasnt come up on the saves folder. will it come up later or tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    costa09 wrote: »
    Hello all,

i just discovered a new bug, at least for me. My ghost (dead in sauna) don't have the option to absorb the puddles of water from the floor anymore. No cc or mod installed.
    Anyone have the same problem?

Hello @costa09
    Try having your ghost sim travel to another lot and then back home again. Then test to see if that helps the issue.

Come completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue continues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder