Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Meh... :/
    I've been happily on board for TS4; however, the only word that I can come up with for both the GP and SP is "disappointing".

Hopefully, as more information comes forward about these packs, there will be something that will get me somewhat excited. But as it is right now, I couldn't care less about either of these packs to be 100% honest. Unfortunately, things have been very lackluster for me starting with the Vintage Glamour SP.

I really hope the next EP is light years better than these packs. :(
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Seeing as I didn't see anything romantic in there, is there still hope we might get an update/patch like last year for Valentines or would it have to have been announced in the teaser?
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If I remember correctly, bowling usually came w/ UniLife, right? So why all of a sudden they are putting ONE GAMEPLAY FEATURE into a pack of its own. Even it the stuff pack is just 10 bucks :/Shady business is shady.

Maybe so something like a university pack could come with more things that actually have to do with going to university and less random stuff thrown in because it was on wishlists? Bowling was pretty random for a university. Seemed to me that it was always just thrown in because they ran out of relevant ideas.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Didn't know I wanted bowling until now! Seeing as stuff pack usually come with 2 game play objects now I wonder what the other one is? Excited for vampires as well :)

Maybe the other gameplay object is an arcade machine? Or a slushie machine? Those are the sort of things I'd expect to see in a bowling alley.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I see fog. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    I really want the bowling SP first. :|
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    If I remember correctly, bowling usually came w/ UniLife, right? So why all of a sudden they are putting ONE GAMEPLAY FEATURE into a pack of its own. Even it the stuff pack is just 10 bucks :/Shady business is shady.

Would depend. If it's a full on venue, we're talking about bowling alleys (which could also have a small home game version as well) and what the venue is programmed to do, such as food, bar, etc. If it's all that, I'd say it would be worth it. If just more kinda like Movie Hangout, well...yeah I can see the concern.

Again, we'll see what happens.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

You realize you're talking about a game release where some people complained about the lack of newspapers and landlines phones right? The same game where some people lamented that their sims used their smartphones too much. People still bowl so I don't see why it's out of place. I understand the content trickle is slow but you can just pass on the bowling pack. I mean there's a good bit of support for a laundry stuff pack and I'd think that would be a small demographic.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    maxsa13zmaxsa13z Posts: 21 Member
    I think they'll give us a venue for bowling. Didn't they give us a venue in Romantic Garden??
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm not really interested in the vampires but I'm glad for people that want them.
    I like bowling in the sims but I think its really shady (as someone said up thread) to put an item that was part of an EP previously in to a pack in its own and charge for it. It will also be really weird if its not an actual bowling alley lot. I was excited when Movie stuff came out, I thought we were going to get a cinema, instead we got movie channels.

One of my new years resolutions is not to buy the sims 4 packs as I'm just not getting the use out of them. I think these packs will make that very easy.
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Meh!

Get Together = Nightlife part 1
    Dine Out = Nightlife part 2
    City Living = Nightlife part 3
    Vampires = Nightlife part 4
    Bowling = Nightlife part 5

Next gamepack will be celebrities if they continue this.
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Didn't know I wanted bowling until now! Seeing as stuff pack usually come with 2 game play objects now I wonder what the other one is? Excited for vampires as well :)

Maybe the other gameplay object is an arcade machine? Or a slushie machine? Those are the sort of things I'd expect to see in a bowling alley.

We got the arcade machine in GT. Though I wouldn't mind a smaller one, it would seem like a bland gameplay object for those who have GT. Especially if they use the same animations/game images. Maybe if they add 3 gameplay objects I won't be as sour if it is an arcade machine. Slushie machine would be great, also a big popcorn machine but same as the arcade machine, we already got that little one in Movie Hangout Stuff.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Nice!!

Bit surprised that Bowling is an SP....but then realistically what did Sims 2/3 bring to bowling to make it really unique? A bowling SP will introduce plenty of bowling centric clothes and decor rather than just one small part of an EP dedicated to it.

I wouldn't complain about having a bowling venue lot type....but do we need it?? Space is limited in the Sims 4 and although I hope for some lots to be made for my library it would be easier all round to be able to combine a bowling alley with a bar/diner.

Vamps I love! But the video didn't show too much for me to comment. Now with this I *am* hoping for a cemetery lot type for my deceased Sims/vampires/ghost/daredevil Sims to hang out!
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Blah. So another three months of waiting for an announcement which probably won't be exciting either. Sigh.

At least some people will be happy about vampires
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Winter = January or February
    Spring = March

Heh, you obviously don't live anywhere near my neck of the woods.

Spring = May

I will probably sound grumpy, but the most exciting thing to me in that trailer was the possibility of a fear emotion.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    maxsa13z wrote: »
    I think they'll give us a venue for bowling. Didn't they give us a venue in Romantic Garden??

Sadly no, but the plants, sittable fountain and even the scheming wishing well could really spruce up a park.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Winter = January or February
    Spring = March

Heh, you obviously don't live anywhere near my neck of the woods.

Spring = May

I will probably sound grumpy, but the most exciting thing to me in that trailer was the possibility of a fear emotion.

It's probably just going to be the tense emotion again...
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    spotharris wrote: »
    We got the arcade machine in GT. Though I wouldn't mind a smaller one, it would seem like a bland gameplay object for those who have GT. Especially if they use the same animations/game images. Maybe if they add 3 gameplay objects I won't be as sour if it is an arcade machine. Slushie machine would be great, also a big popcorn machine but same as the arcade machine, we already got that little one in Movie Hangout Stuff.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that! And we also got the games console in CL, so another arcade machine isn't likely then. Maybe a gumball machine and a slushee machine then? Who knows.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Bowling could be fun. I'm not too keen on the whole vampire/spooky pack. But that's just me.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There will be some rich sims getting private bowling allies in their mansions. Maybe a penthouse bowling lot with a view.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

Probably because there won't BE a UniLife pack... or a very locked/watered-down interpretation of it.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Meh!

Get Together = Nightlife part 1
    Dine Out = Nightlife part 2
    City Living = Nightlife part 3
    Vampires = Nightlife part 4
    Bowling = Nightlife part 5

Well 🐸🐸🐸🐸... when you put it that way. Things definitely seem a little lackluster. :disappointed: