Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you missing most in your game?

klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Just curious what everyone is missing the most in their game these days.

For me, I am missing the ability for Sims to go to University a lot. I feel like it's such a big part of life and it's tough that it's missing. Not that all my Sims go, but I want the option haha.

Also, I would like to be able to make babies in CAS at least. And of course I am missing the missing life stage. I find it really frustrating to try to develop my sims personalities without it. I'd really like more "hidden" trait development in kids, like in Sims 2 you didn't really know what you were working towards necessarily, and then when your child aged up, there was a variety of stuff they'd have accomplished. In Sims 4 it seems like there isn't much variety (rambunctious scamp etc), and it's tough to feel like the child has a lot of differences from other children.

Another thing that bugs me is not being able to change colours/textures of items. Some of the colour combinations are really not my taste, or are close but not quite what i want. Frustrating!

I really am liking the kids stuff pack though, aside from the frustrating colour choices. Especially the void critters. They are a lot of fun for child Sims and is adding a lot to my game. Glad you can collect the void critter plashes too, that is super cute. I'm so hoping for the missing life stage and University!

Comments

• Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    going to sound cliche but toddlers of course. but also open world and burgalars. I was so confused at launch day when I couldn't find a security alarm. O.o
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    CASt.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I'm missing weather. It's been that way this time the previous two years as well - the first snow here, and want to watch the snow fall in my game, too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I miss CASt. It was great being able to use high quality furniture, but make it look worn down or fashioned from primitive natural materials.

Other than that I also miss a true free will off - mode, as I rant about on and on and on.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Nectar Making is pretty much the only thing TS4 is missing for me.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,344 Member
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    weather. Also I just got pets in sims 3 and i didnt think I would think I would like them as much as I do. I want them in sims 4 now XD
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I miss the open world. I will take less sims on each lot over loading screens on every lot any day tbh.

I miss the vast amount of traits TS3 had to pick from, and I miss the trait randomizer button. Trying to randomize traits in TS4 is a pain in the plum.

I miss the memorable NPCs previous games (TS1 & 2, mainly) would introduce. Jasmine Holiday is... well, she's pretty meh imo? I would trade her for Mrs. Crumplebottom and her Purse of Doom in a heartbeat, frankly.

Kinda miss seeing swing sets in parks and backyards. I feel like that was a staple base game object in most of the previous games if I'm not mistaken? It's a minor thing really, but I always liked having my sims swing when they were waiting around for something.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    If what the rumor mill is currently churning about vampires is true then all I need is weather and pets.
  • Options
    piratemiyapiratemiya Posts: 43 Member
    Weather and pets. And the TS3 ability to customize objects. And I agree with the "dance together" comment. It took me a while to figure out that it wasn't an option in TS4.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,491 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    If what the rumor mill is currently churning about vampires is true then all I need is weather and pets.

Same. Plus additional supernaturals.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I want my supernatural sims. Ghosts are cool, but I want witches and vampires AT THE LEAST.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited December 2016
    Meaningful traits/personality. No matter how many sims I play I feel like I'm playing the same sim over and over again. :/
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Toddlers and seasons. A new furniture line would be great too. And swings. Oh yeah, tag. Hmm, I think I could just keep at this. A normal looking hanging pot rack like the one in TS3 base game.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited December 2016
    Weather and pets. And the smustle! Dancing together would be nice.

Oh and more vacation worlds.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I miss Seasons, Pets, shorter teens, teens that act like teens (sneaking out, acne, running away, mood swings) I miss the burglar, fire fighters and fully fleshed hobbies. And I miss reactions. I miss seeing a sim catching her husband cheating and going over and slapping both her husband and the person he cheated with, I miss the furious state, I miss memories, I miss the attraction system and I miss turn ons and turn offs. I miss university.
    I miss seeing a kid come home from school with a great report and run round the house in excitement showing it off to the family, I miss seeing the family congratulate said kid for good grades and lecturing them for poor grades. I miss kids playing pranks. I miss kids being able to garden and bake in their little cooker and make lemonade. I miss swing sets and see saws, sand pits and tree houses for kids. I miss bunk beds. I miss seeing the kids reactions when they had a parent that cheated, I miss jumping on the bed and the couch...

I could go on and on....
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I miss togetherness, although I did not play the Sims 3 as much as others but atleast I felt that it was open more than Sims 4 is. I always think "What if they removed the lot restrictions to just the homes.". Imagine lots like aparentments where the only loading screen is between the doors on the houses and not the lots themselves. You can see neighborhood kids playing in the yards and other sims having a family cookout and feel like you have neighbors. Your supposed "neighbors" just creepily doing push-ups outside your house and walking back and forth in front of it every day is getting old. I never see my neighbors leave their houses or come home and it feels like I am the only family living there. But yeah that's what I miss, the open-ness, there doesn't need to be an open world like Sims 3 in my opinion, but they could have done a lot better with the worlds here.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    Cars and Tropical locations.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Mostly, I am missing dance "together" where sims actually face each other and are, you know, together.....not just all facing the stereo somewhere in the room. I miss slow dancing. I miss the "goose" interaction. I miss parents dancing with their kids on their feet.

I miss the 'feeling' that the sims are actually involved with each other through the better animations and dynamics of Sims 2.

This.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Nectar Making is pretty much the only thing TS4 is missing for me.

I gotta admit, I'd love to see nectar making as well.
    It's the logical next step for my gardener Sims. Why bother cooking with fresh ingredients when they can get drunk off them?

Besides, I've been wanting a Cape Cod/Napa Valley-type world forever, and it'd be the perfect place for our Sims to go wine-tasting.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    Weather and some sort of attraction system!
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Seasons, pets, and moar beds.