Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus, Please Tone Down Some of the CL Objects

First, let me clarify: This is not about some of the more interesting apartment traits. In fact, I'd love it if those were made worse. >:)

Now, about those objects.

The Bubble Blower. I can't put them on residential lots anymore. My Sims stop in the middle of eating, bathing, using the toilet (unless it's that darned talking one) - and for plum's sake, leave food cooking on the stove! - just to use the blasted thing.

The Talking Toilet. See above. I have to put bathing into their queues twice, just so they'll finish. The bath soaks from Spa Day are a waste of money with that toilet in the room - as soon as the money's spent, my Sims pop out of the tub to gawk at it. I still use it, though; because the evaporating nearby puddles thing is so useful (and I get a kick out of watching my Sims talk to it).

The Basketball Hoop. See exhibits A and B. So far, it's just my Active Sims that queue stomp everything to use it. But it gets worse - they actually start swimming through the floor!

All that being said, thank you for fixing the attraction to the food stalls. :)

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick @SimGuruGraham

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Odd -- I've never seen my Sims stop what they're doing to gawk (or talk) at the toilet. Don't have the other items currently on my residential lots so can't speak to those.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Thanks, Rosemow. I've pressed "Me too" on both issues.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
    I don't think I will ever use the talking toilet. I don't see the appeal. I have a bubble blower and my Sim has only used it when I told him too. But then again, he's only had it for 1 sim day. lol
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I have both of these issues too w/the swimming in the floor and the BB Hoop on residential lots. It also happens on community lots w/the BB Hoop. I also clicked on "Me Too" in both links. Sure hope a patch comes out soon to fix these issues.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I will never quite understand what the purpose of the Talking Toilet is or was ever meant to be. It's neither here nor there to me whether we have elevator animations, but for the sake of those that were disappointed CL was lacking that department, I wish they would have allocated resources to that rather than to something as ridiculous as a talking toilet.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    First, let me clarify: This is not about some of the more interesting apartment traits. In fact, I'd love it if those were made worse. >:)

Now, about those objects.

The Bubble Blower. I can't put them on residential lots anymore. My Sims stop in the middle of eating, bathing, using the toilet (unless it's that darned talking one) - and for plum's sake, leave food cooking on the stove! - just to use the blasted thing.

The Talking Toilet. See above. I have to put bathing into their queues twice, just so they'll finish. The bath soaks from Spa Day are a waste of money with that toilet in the room - as soon as the money's spent, my Sims pop out of the tub to gawk at it. I still use it, though; because the evaporating nearby puddles thing is so useful (and I get a kick out of watching my Sims talk to it).

The Basketball Hoop. See exhibits A and B. So far, it's just my Active Sims that queue stomp everything to use it. But it gets worse - they actually start swimming through the floor!

All that being said, thank you for fixing the attraction to the food stalls. :)

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick @SimGuruGraham

And now that you're at it. Please tone down the urge to paint and make stuff at the workbench. It's driving me mad!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    My sims don't seem to care about bubble blower at all. But I second the excessive interest in the basketboll hoop and talking toilet.

My sims drop everything to go talk to the talking toilet or shoot hoops. They especially seem to like to dream big.

My hacker sim don't do his job anymore. Anytime I send him to hack something, he starts, then immediately stops and goes to play basketball. Ugh. Playing basketball won't give you money buddy. Not in your world.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    EA has a habit of doing this, as do many companies, sadly. It's like the gaming industry has forgotten subtlety or the appreciation a player feels when they discover a feature for themselves, thus they must cram all new content down your throat ASAP to make sure you don't miss it. I imagine it's done to keep the less hardcore fans hooked (let more casual players see all the features within 5 minutes so they remain interested and entertained), but yeah, the downside is it's massively annoying.

Watching BEtween TV, getting glasses of water, the wishes to get a dishwasher or a pool or a hot tub, the wishes to play darts when on the same lot as a dart board, the frequency of kids waking up because of a monster under the bed, the frequency of neighbor visits in apartment buildings...there's a number of examples of content EA reeaaaally needs to tone it down on. I'd honestly be fine with it if that downtuned the frequency maybe ~1 month after a pack's release so they can utilize the marketing strategy that I'm sure drives such a decision whilst later correcting it for the veteran players, but so far they've done no such thing and these issues persist.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Well, darn. Since yesterday's patch, Sims want to buy food from the vendors all the time again. :/
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    EA has a habit of doing this, as do many companies, sadly. It's like the gaming industry has forgotten subtlety or the appreciation a player feels when they discover a feature for themselves, thus they must cram all new content down your throat ASAP to make sure you don't miss it. I imagine it's done to keep the less hardcore fans hooked (let more casual players see all the features within 5 minutes so they remain interested and entertained), but yeah, the downside is it's massively annoying.

Watching BEtween TV, getting glasses of water, the wishes to get a dishwasher or a pool or a hot tub, the wishes to play darts when on the same lot as a dart board, the frequency of kids waking up because of a monster under the bed, the frequency of neighbor visits in apartment buildings...there's a number of examples of content EA reeaaaally needs to tone it down on. I'd honestly be fine with it if that downtuned the frequency maybe ~1 month after a pack's release so they can utilize the marketing strategy that I'm sure drives such a decision whilst later correcting it for the veteran players, but so far they've done no such thing and these issues persist.

The list you posted are things I really wish were fixed! I cannot stand all these neighbors visiting, sometimes it's random townies my sim never even met who are unhoused! And they always go straight to the sink for water, which they then leave lying around everywhere.
    The OP's list I have no problem with... I WISH my sims used the bubble blower! They never use it. My sims don't overly use the talking toilet when one is around, but maybe they could tone it down a little. And I never placed a basketball hoop anywhere, so, no comment haha
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    I will never quite understand what the purpose of the Talking Toilet is or was ever meant to be. It's neither here nor there to me whether we have elevator animations, but for the sake of those that were disappointed CL was lacking that department, I wish they would have allocated resources to that rather than to something as ridiculous as a talking toilet.

I guess if The Sims team can talk to the toilet about how blue the sky looks while disappointed how yellow the toilet water looks then I guess we can suffer that same fate in The Sims 4. "Sul Sul I'm ready to wipe my dag dag!"
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member

Well if you do a challenge and cannot leave your house a talking Toilet helps with your sim being lonely unless you make them crazy and then they can talk to any items in your house..lol
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member

The worst experience I've had is with getting glasses of water.
    It's constant in my game and I'm always having to cancel that action. :/
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Watching BEtween TV, getting glasses of water, the wishes to get a dishwasher or a pool or a hot tub, the wishes to play darts when on the same lot as a dart board, the frequency of kids waking up because of a monster under the bed, the frequency of neighbor visits in apartment buildings...

The worst experience I've had is with getting glasses of water.
    It's constant in my game and I'm always having to cancel that action. :/

All these. I've had multiple food vendors visit my apartment to have glasses of water and then leave. Leaving behind, of course, multiple glasses for my poor Sim to clean up.

I've had to lock the woodworking tables into it's their own rooms to keep guests from spending all their time crafting.

It does seem like watching BETween TV has been toned down. My Sims seem obsessed with Movies. Which they start - over and over again - but never finish.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Well, darn. Since yesterday's patch, Sims want to buy food from the vendors all the time again. :/

Hello
    This issue was fixed in an earlier patch, but if you are having the issue again, it would be good to post a feedback comment on the original AHQ EA site thread about the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sims-obsessed-with-food-stalls/m-p/5684797#M29818