Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombies

InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
I recently started playing with the sims 3 again and I've remembered why I hate the zombies so much. Has anyone ever created a no zombies mod? If so where can I find it! I like gardening and I like the moon phases I just want to eliminate the zombies!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not sure why this is on the Technical Discussions board, but anyway...Hi there. There must be a dozen No Zombies mods in popular usage. Here's three, pick your poison. :)

1 - http://modthesims.info/d/486695
    2 - https://morethanjustpixels.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/zombies-begone

3 - NRaas Retuner can be used to tune out the possibilities of full moon zombies spawning without the need for an additional mod. Retuner is a bit heavy to add just for this one purpose if you don't already have or want it for other reasons, though.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Members'+Retuner+Settings
    (do a ctrl+F find on the page on "zombie" to find the setting)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    Why is it you don't like them?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2016
    I know why I don't like them. I mean who has ever seen a zombie in a horror movie ever attack some defenseless plant?
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    I think you can send them away by cheat code. I may be remembering how to do this wrong since it's been awhile since I've played Sims 3, but if you open the cheat box with c + ctrl + shift and type in "testingcheatsenabled true" then shift + click on the mailbox, there should be an option about Supernatural Population Control. Click that and you should be able to disable zombies. At least that's how I got rid of them, anyway.
  • Options
    I think you can send them away by cheat code. I may be remembering how to do this wrong since it's been awhile since I've played Sims 3, but if you open the cheat box with c + ctrl + shift and type in "testingcheatsenabled true" then shift + click on the mailbox, there should be an option about Supernatural Population Control. Click that and you should be able to disable zombies. At least that's how I got rid of them, anyway.

As I recall, this will cure a percentage of existing zombies but won't stop more from spawning. Full moon zombification is a temporary condition for sims, much like a disease. It's not a permanent life state like the other occults.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just disable moon cycles, zombies don't spawn that way.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That never worked for me. I don't know what was causing it, but I was having zombies spawn during the middle of the day, before I added a mod to stop them. Besides that, I love the full moon too much.
  • Options
    SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Oh I thought maybe it was a performance issue, or got in the way of sims getting stuff done or something...
  • Options
    Why is it you don't like them?
    I hate that I have to clutter up with the shooter plants to get rid of them! I also like to garden for there food. Zombies make it harder.

• Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Not sure why this is on the Technical Discussions board, but anyway...Hi there. There must be a dozen No Zombies mods in popular usage. Here's three, pick your poison. :)

1 - http://modthesims.info/d/486695
    2 - https://morethanjustpixels.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/zombies-begone

3 - NRaas Retuner can be used to tune out the possibilities of full moon zombies spawning without the need for an additional mod. Retuner is a bit heavy to add just for this one purpose if you don't already have or want it for other reasons, though.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Members'+Retuner+Settings
    (do a ctrl+F find on the page on "zombie" to find the setting)
    Thanks @igazor which would be updated to 1.69? I lost my CDs so I had to download the sims 3 through origin XD
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Invisibleaes - Except for Core Mods, any mod that is suitable for Patches 1.66/67 will perform exactly the same on Patch 1.69. The new patch didn't change anything at all about gameplay, only the way in which the game starts up. So the answer is, none of these needed to be updated for 1.69.

There aren't very many Core Mods in popular usage:
    1. NRaas ErrorTrap (updated)
    2. NRaas UntranslatedKey (not updated, but this one is really for developers)
    3. CMarNYC's XCAS (updated)
    4. Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness (updated)
    5. AwesomeMod (not updated the last time I checked)

Of course a mod that never got updated from earlier on and breaks on 1.67 wouldn't fare any better on 1.69, but then I wouldn't have recommended those. At least, not on purpose. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor thanks! I'm just starting to play with using Mods. I tried early on in the sims 3 cycle but didn't know about them having to be updated and broke my game! Know I'm ready to try again. I have error trap actually! I'm trying to figure out a few more I might like to play with like riding my worlds of zombies. ;-)
  • Options
    ClosetPrince2015ClosetPrince2015 Posts: 210 Member
    Just place fence around the plants...
  • Options
    Just place fence around the plants...
    One of the problems with that strategy is when you accidentally fence in the zombie spawner together with the plants so they materialize locked inside the fence with them... ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    I really dislike zombies. Every other type of supernatural can be turned off, why not zombies? I just leave Supernatural off when I'm playing a game where I don't want it, because more than likely I wouldn't want supernaturals in that game anyway. Definitely get what you're saying though. So frustrating.
  • Options
    Zany102 wrote: »
    I really dislike zombies. Every other type of supernatural can be turned off, why not zombies? I just leave Supernatural off when I'm playing a game where I don't want it, because more than likely I wouldn't want supernaturals in that game anyway. Definitely get what you're saying though. So frustrating.
    Full Moon Zombification is not an inheritable life state like most of the other occults. It can't be switched off in the same way because it is a temporary condition, much like a disease. Personally, if I wanted them to never happen and I didn't have mods available to make them stop, I would probably choose to play without the full moon phase.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Personally, if I wanted them to never happen and I didn't have mods available to make them stop, I would probably choose to play without the full moon phase.
    I've done that a few times, too. Your explanation makes sense, as they're not true life stages. Thanks for explaining it! Why they wouldn't include an off switch had bothered me since I got the game.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    In the beginning, every time I saw a zombie, I reset it. Goodbye zombie :D
    I eventually disabled the full moon, because my werewolves went glitched one after another because of it (when they sleep, even in human form, their energy bar refills extremely slowly like in wolf form) and I found no way to fix that. Now I'm glad that I don't have zombies any longer. If only they attacked only sims and left plants alone, they'd be fun instead of just annoying.
  • Options
    JerichoGirlJerichoGirl Posts: 20 Member
    I personally use a mod which stops zombies from autonomously attacking plants yet otherwise doesn't change them. I believe it came from Mod The Sims 3, but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is I had one too many gardens destroyed and got fed up with it, especially since I don't have the version which came with the pea shooter.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I use "testingcheatsenabled true" so whenever these pests show up, I can right click on the mailbox and get rid of them momentarily. However, it sucks I have to do this at every full moon. As for the plant concern, I put a fence around my garden and lock the gate from outsiders of my household.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    XorzhaanXorzhaan Posts: 92 Member
    @Nomiko13 You beat me too it. I was going to say same thing about putting a gate around garden and making sure to lock the gate. That keeps them out and they will never spawn inside.

Something that also helps is just fencing your whole lot. You can put a fence at the outside edge of your lot. However you must do a little section at the front of your lot, at least 2 squares, in order to place a gate, and somewhere to put your mailbox. The mailbox must be on the other side of the fence or the mailman will throw your bills in the street and you will not get gifts. Then you can lock the gate in the same way. This also helps keeping visitors and paparazzi out. There is even a huge gate for cars. You just have to remember you can put as many gates as you like but you must lock each of them. You can play around with placement and such or have the edge of your fence run into a little porch section or just right into your house and leave a little side gate on one side, so your front door is free if you like. I just set the gate to unlocked if I plan to throw a party or invite someone over. Then lock it again right after. I hate uninvited visitors.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Xorzhaan wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 You beat me too it. I was going to say same thing about putting a gate around garden and making sure to lock the gate. That keeps them out and they will never spawn inside.

Something that also helps is just fencing your whole lot. You can put a fence at the outside edge of your lot. However you must do a little section at the front of your lot, at least 2 squares, in order to place a gate, and somewhere to put your mailbox. The mailbox must be on the other side of the fence or the mailman will throw your bills in the street and you will not get gifts. Then you can lock the gate in the same way. This also helps keeping visitors and paparazzi out. There is even a huge gate for cars. You just have to remember you can put as many gates as you like but you must lock each of them. You can play around with placement and such or have the edge of your fence run into a little porch section or just right into your house and leave a little side gate on one side, so your front door is free if you like. I just set the gate to unlocked if I plan to throw a party or invite someone over. Then lock it again right after. I hate uninvited visitors.

Same, tbh lol I hate the paps and uninvited guests
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Same. I usually have it stuck on one moon phase to prevent it. Never had problems with zombies spawning when it wasn't full moon. It gets annoying after awhile especially since if you want to grow crops you need to place a fence round it. I have the same crop eating problem with deer.
    pouladb96c2.png