Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festivals On Top of Each Other

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @crinrict
    I luckily had a save just when it happens, so the backup were before it happens. I've sent it to SimQARobo already.

In my case, it wasn't a previous festival that had failed to go away, it was Geekcon's objects appearing during the saturday morning (so not when it's supposed to happen) and being on top of the Love festival ones on saturday evening. Playing from the backup pre-bug again, the Geekcon's objects didn't reappear. So I don't know if it's the only way it can happen, but it may be worth the try for those who have the bug and don't want to go to all the festivals and wait for them to despawn, to check if there's a clean previous backup and try to replay from there.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @crinrict
    I luckily had a save just when it happens, so the backup were before it happens. I've sent it to SimQARobo already.

In my case, it wasn't a previous festival that had failed to go away, it was Geekcon's objects appearing during the saturday morning (so not when it's supposed to happen) and being on top of the Love festival ones on saturday evening. Playing from the backup pre-bug again, the Geekcon's objects didn't reappear. So I don't know if it's the only way it can happen, but it may be worth the try for those who have the bug and don't want to go to all the festivals and wait for them to despawn, to check if there's a clean previous backup and try to replay from there.

Hello
    It was good that you had the backup file to send to SimGuruQARobo.
    It is a helpful suggestion to try to go back to the backup and try to play from there. It was good that it didn't happen again when playing the backup

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @crinrict

So that sounds like it's very difficult to reproduce.

Was that on a mod free game ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    @crinrict

So that sounds like it's very difficult to reproduce.

Was that on a mod free game ?

No I have lots of mod, and since I didn't reproduce it with the mods, I didn't check without either. Hopefully they'll find something interesting in the save. I was surprised to see the Geekcon's objects appear out of schedule because I thought they didn't go away the last time I was there. I wonder if we all have the same bug, or if there are several causes. :/
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Helllo Neia.
    I hope that the same thing doesn't occur again in your game. It sounds like it is a different variant of the issue.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Do you slow down time with MC Command Center ?

@Neia
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2016
    @crinrict
    No, I don't use MC Command Center. I don't have any other mod that slow down time, I probably had some no culling mod though, and lots of other small script mod and XML mods.
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    My game is CC free and I don't use any cheats to play the game other than the bb.moveobjects to decorate once in awhile. I have downloaded families and lots into my game from the community but I don't think that has anything to do with the overlap of festival items during other events. I have stayed for several of the festivals from start to finish it does not reset the lot. The lot itself is not resetting which is ultimately what the problem is.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm having the same issue with the Spice Festival and the flea market. The flea market won't even cycle the items to be sold. I have no cc or mods. The Spice Festival will end, but the strings of lights stay up and the flea market won't budge. Even when I changed households or left the game entirely. Glad to know I'm not the only one. So far, the other festivals have been fine, except the Mischief one lasted about a week one time.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm having the same issue with the Spice Festival and the flea market. The flea market won't even cycle the items to be sold. I have no cc or mods. The Spice Festival will end, but the strings of lights stay up and the flea market won't budge. Even when I changed households or left the game entirely. Glad to know I'm not the only one. So far, the other festivals have been fine, except the Mischief one lasted about a week one time.

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have this issue.
    It would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/td-p/5674412
    SimGuruQARob is asking for save files of both before the issue took place and also when it has occured in your game. If you have both of these saves, it would be good if you could share them with him. His request is on the 5th page of the AHQ EA thread.
  • Options
    Silvie78Silvie78 Posts: 4 New Member
    Guys it happened in my game as well, and I think I found a solution. At least it worked for my game. I think the issue is caused by the bb.moveobjects on cheat. It's quite obvious if you think about it: with this cheat you can place things up on others, and if the cheat is on when the festival arrives the game puts the new items on the old stuff. Since I tried playing in san mishuno with the moveobjects cheat off the overwriting bug disappeared from my game.
  • Options
    Silvie78 wrote: »
    Guys it happened in my game as well, and I think I found a solution. At least it worked for my game. I think the issue is caused by the bb.moveobjects on cheat. It's quite obvious if you think about it: with this cheat you can place things up on others, and if the cheat is on when the festival arrives the game puts the new items on the old stuff. Since I tried playing in san mishuno with the moveobjects cheat off the overwriting bug disappeared from my game.

Hello
    It is good that you are not having this issue occur again in your game. Do you type into the cheat bar bb.moveobjects off each time you load the game? Or do you just not type bb.moveobjects on?
    The cheat should turn itself off when exiting the game.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Recently, I've been having the same issues, and the workaround - staying till the festival is over - doesn't work for me. For some weird reason, it didn't start doing that for me until *after* the latest patch. I sent saves of before, during, and after the Spice Festival to SimQARobo. I do have mods, but nothing that slows down time.
  • Options
    Recently, I've been having the same issues, and the workaround - staying till the festival is over - doesn't work for me. For some weird reason, it didn't start doing that for me until *after* the latest patch. I sent saves of before, during, and after the Spice Festival to SimQARobo. I do have mods, but nothing that slows down time.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are also having these issues and the workaround isn't working in your game. It was helpful that you sent your save games to the SimGuru. It will help the developers in finding out the causes and working out how to fix it.
  • Options
    RebeczillaRebeczilla Posts: 2 New Member
    I realize this is an old thread now, but this has just happened to me and I don't know what will fix it. I'll try staying til the end of the festival, but I don't know if that'll work since my sim lives in this neighborhood. If it was a patch issue surely it should have been fixed by now! My sim was at the spice festival when I decided to make them move into the neighborhood, and then the spice festival never ended and the flea market appeared the day after they moved in. Now I have two festivals in one! I tried going to a different neighborhood and coming back but that didn't work :(
  • Options
    Rebeczilla wrote: »
    I realize this is an old thread now, but this has just happened to me and I don't know what will fix it. I'll try staying til the end of the festival, but I don't know if that'll work since my sim lives in this neighborhood. If it was a patch issue surely it should have been fixed by now! My sim was at the spice festival when I decided to make them move into the neighborhood, and then the spice festival never ended and the flea market appeared the day after they moved in. Now I have two festivals in one! I tried going to a different neighborhood and coming back but that didn't work :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try having your sim stay right until the end of the festival until all the objects disappear and see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    Herbert_the_BooHerbert_the_Boo Posts: 7 New Member
    This is still happening ugh. I had no intention at all to start playing another household in my current town, but I guess its not too bad... Just irritating, and it's irritating to see that it STILL hasn't been resolved
  • Options
    This is still happening ugh. I had no intention at all to start playing another household in my current town, but I guess its not too bad... Just irritating, and it's irritating to see that it STILL hasn't been resolved

Hello
    Try seeing if having your sim stay right until the end of the festival will make all the objects disappear and help with the issues.
    It would also be good to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread for the developers to know that you are still experiencing this issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/m-p/6433737#M52132
    The issue was fixed, but it seems to be affecting simmers again now.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I have this screenshot from when it happened in my game. Didn't really bother me, I thought it was a funny glitch.
    Did nothing to fix it, and disappeared on its own. Haven't had the issue since.

HVGSKc2.png
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2018
    I finally managed to clear mine last night after they'd been stuck for weeks in spite of staying to the end of festivals. This is what ended up working:

- Move Sims 4 folder
    - Repair Game
    - Start Sims 4 to make a new Sims 4 folder
    - Put back in *only* my most recent Save file and nothing else
    - With aging off (to keep the game not changing things on me), I played a one-person household on high-speed and had him go to each festival that was stuck, staying until it was *completely* cleared and the new day had started normally.
    - After that, I put back my mods, played very briefly, and went to bed.

So, I don't know yet if new festivals will restick, but at least it's cleared for now! My backup plan is moving my Sims and households to a new save, which is complicated for rotational play (takes a lot of cheating to get relationships between households back!). Fingers crossed I won't have to do that!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I finally managed to clear mine last night after they'd been stuck for weeks in spite of staying to the end of festivals. This is what ended up working:

- Move Sims 4 folder
    - Repair Game
    - Start Sims 4 to make a new Sims 4 folder
    - Put back in *only* my most recent Save file and nothing else
    - With aging off (to keep the game not changing things on me), I played a one-person household on high-speed and had him go to each festival that was stuck, staying until it was *completely* cleared and the new day had started normally.
    - After that, I put back my mods, played very briefly, and went to bed.

So, I don't know yet if new festivals will restick, but at least it's cleared for now! My backup plan is moving my Sims and households to a new save, which is complicated for rotational play (takes a lot of cheating to get relationships between households back!). Fingers crossed I won't have to do that!

It is good that you were able to clear the items Luthien. I hope that the issue doesn’t happen again with new festivals,