Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    I've been playing this challenge for a while now and really love it (thanks Vihisha).
    Nice 2 c a "new 2 me" Drifter!! =) Also...sounds like you've made a good re-start! Have fun! YEAY! I'm glad u got a chance 2 c Vihisha in-game! <3
    cshaner wrote: »
    @Vihisha I was watching Saffize's Let's Play and she mentioned a loop hole where all sims in the house could have frogs in their inventory and could be bred for each sim. This seems possibly against the 'spirit' of the rules and I wanted to confirm if this was something that could be allowed because the sim isn't actually performing the action and it's all done from inventory (i.e. breeding can be done while a sim is asleep or otherwise engaged).
    Thanks for this clarification. (Also sorry if this has been asked and answered before but with 45+ pages of this thread I honestly didn't care to look through all of them and it's not mentioned in any of the tips or notes in the rules on the first page!)

No worries about asking...not sure if I addressed it here or not. Breeding Frogs or doing anything like that concerning the inventories of those Non-Playable Sims etc. is NOT allowed. I did end up making a post on Twitter about this & correcting what was happening on those YouTube videos where Drifters were doing this....they were misinformed by someone trying 2 help @ the time heh. THX @AllieMac for answering =)
    @Vihisha Glad I read this as I was in the middle of watching the house 2 so I guess you can count me as the 5th. I'm going to continue to watch the old series but I'll make the new one priority.
    I hope u enjoy both the Brennen & the Drifter household journeys =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Vihisha yep! Sorta figured that was outside the spirit if not downright against the rules (which obviously it is!). I figured if we couldn't do something as innocuous as sending them to a mirror to change appearance then we certainly couldn't do something that brought in funds!! :) thanks for confirming!!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    {{snipped}}

@ MsPrissy88 Sorry to hear you had to repair your game several times then had to delete your origin folder. Hope that's the last of your troubles.

{{snipped}}

@Karise -- You are not going to believe this! I didn't "have to" repair my game. Huh??? The career I was looking for was the Tech Guru. And I never thought to look at my friend's simself job area, so that was why I thought the game had gone all wonky. When she had created herself as a sim, (i'm guessing) she must have played her sim for a bit. Because AFTER I had relented and ended up giving her the Social Media job, did I notice that she had QUIT her tech guru job! :s That'll teach me to not look beforehand. LOL

{{snipped}}

@MsPrissy88 I totally get taking a break from the story and just "playing the game!!!" Haha I'm in a similar boat right now though I'm considering a story for my drifters. But I'm going to write the entire thing ahead before releasing it if I do! Enjoy! We'll be here when inspiration strikes again!

@cshaner -- It's not that I don't have any inspiration. I do. But, this being Thanksgiving week, I'm constantly on the go. So, my drifting time is always getting interrupted. And by playing just a "regular" game ... although I *am* snapping pictures and sharing them ... I don't "have to" come up with a story for them. Besides.... playing a NORMAL game allows me to fully explore City Living. ;)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Oooh I get you! Yeah, I had a 'regular' non-challenge game at the beginning of Nov when CL released. I haven't touched her again since that night though - but I see what you're saying. Just playing normal allows you to do everything and experience without having to be constrained by challenge rules!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Vihisha thanks I'm looking forward to this "do over" and seeing what happens. :)

@cshaner very true. I'm very good a building boxes (lol) but not so much at actual houses. I'm envious of my fellow simmers who manage to create such wonderful abodes for their sims to live in whilst I struggle to build anything less – er.. square. I know I could download something from the gallery but I'd like to create my own houses. I see that as part of the challenge. I just wish building them wasn't so … challenging! :)

@MsPrissy88 Oh no! But I guess it doesn't hurt to repair the game .. just in case. :) At least you found the career you were looking for. I know what you're saying about playing a “normal game” too. Sometimes it's nice just to play and NOT have set rules to follow.

I've been trying to catch up on some stories as well. So far I've read yours, MsPrissy and Cshaner's – some of AllieMac's and I really need to watch Vihisha's LP. There are just sooo many, lol.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @MsPrissy88 There is nothing wrong with taking a break from the game or even the story. This is meant to be fun not something that you are forced to do like a job. Everyone their own idea of this and if yours is to play regularly for a while that is completely fine. I'm sorry that you did have to go through so much trouble to fix your game.

@Karise I have been making sure to like your post so this way you will be able to post links and pictures soon. Congrats on Adam and his girlfriend getting married and I'm sure we all can't wait to see the nooboo :)

@cshaner OMG I didn't even realize that was Gregor! I do agree he is handsome and I'm so happy to hear that you have given him another life. I haven't had time to finish reading your Orphan challenge which I probably will today. I have a crazy schedule sometimes and I do keep up with everything here I'm just late at it sometimes. Congratulations on finishing the story and I'm looking forward to seeing how things turned out.

@Vihisha I certainly am enojying the lets plays and I currently finished watching the second video to the new LP. I'll still need time to catch up to the Brennan's though.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Vihisha yep! Sorta figured that was outside the spirit if not downright against the rules (which obviously it is!). I figured if we couldn't do something as innocuous as sending them to a mirror to change appearance then we certainly couldn't do something that brought in funds!! :) thanks for confirming!!
    Yeppers =)
    @Vihisha I certainly am enojying the lets plays and I currently finished watching the second video to the new LP. I'll still need time to catch up to the Brennan's though.
    I'm so glad 2 hear it! No worries on watching the Brennen's journey...those vids aren't going anywhere...so u have plenty of time (whenever U get the time) hee hee

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 thankyou - that's much appreciated :smile:

Well, Miko gave birth - to twins! So there were two nooboos to take care of but it wasn't long before they sprang out of their bassinets and now we have two lovely little girls - Bethany and Bianca.

Miko managed to get a couple of promotions. Not sure how as she isn't able to do her daily tasks but still ... it means extra money coming in. The house worth is up to around 15,000 simoleans - so half-way there. :smile:
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Helloooooo Drifter Family! I'm very excited to be starting fresh (again) in House 001 with the revamped rules. *hugs all* I really have to quit going on hiatus.
  • Options
    Kymi Pern got married and just gave birth to twin girls. Zeera and Zayma. :)
  • Options
    @Rawla Good luck with your new start.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kymi Pern had a 2nd set of twins a while back. She now has 4 daughters, child age. Her husband, who had a job in the writing career, when she married him has been given a few promotions. Yay for Focus enabled light. Girls are doing okay in school. House value is around 17k-ish now. A little more than half-way there. She's doing great with her fishing and collecting. Husband's promotions help too.
  • Options
    @Rawla Sounds like it's going well. :smile:

My twin girls are now teens and Adam & Miko have had another girl, Bridget. House value is over 30k so I'm just waiting for the twins to become young adults. Then it's on to House 002.

In game Vihisha calls quite a lot asking Adam out to lunch or to the Bluffs or to festivals. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to go yet either because he hasn't had the funds or because it's been 3am! I mean 3am? What's up with that? You can bet if Adam phoned someone at 3am he'd get an earful, haha ... but it's okay for them to phone him. Ah well.
  • Options
    Yay, finished House 001.

Had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom house worth 31,529 simoleans. Adam & Miko had three lovely girls. :)

See you at House 002.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Karise Awesome! :smiley:

Edit to add:
    Zeera (heir) and Zayma (her twin), are now teenagers. I have roughly 4k more to invest in the home.

Another edit:
    Lot value achieved! Now I need to just wait for Zeera to age up to YA. :smiley:

Well, I did have a picture to share of the lot value but it looks like I'm either doing something wrong or photobucket is messing up again.

Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    This challenge sounds great. I might give it a go.
  • Options
    @Illusie You are going to love it! Happy Drifting! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Rawla, Thanks! It does sound like a challenge I'd love. I can't play the sims at the moment, but when I have the time to play again I think I'll try this. I do have plans to rebuild my towns and this gives me the chance to do so. I have a few builds in progress and maybe someway I'll be able to use them for this challenge.
  • Options
    @Illusie Have fun when you do begin and please share your progress with everyone. xD

@Vihisha - Your Simself is now living with my family. Kymi Pern, her husband Gunther and their five daughters. Thought you'd like to know. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I have completed House 001 weeee!
    36,636 House value
    2 bed, 2 bath, (3 bed if you count the study)

House 001 is up in the Gallery. Its called 'Pern Landing'.
    Gallery Hashtag: #RawlaCreations

Gallery:
    Kymi Pern
    Home (Pern Landing)
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    I have completed House 001 weeee!
    36,636 House value
    2 bed, 2 bath, (3 bed if you count the study)

House 001 is up in the Gallery. Its called 'Pern Landing'.
    Gallery Hashtag: #RawlaCreations

Gallery:
    Kymi Pern
    Home (Pern Landing)

Congrats on finishing the first house @Rawla ! Pern Landing looks nice!
  • Options
    @illusive Thanks! The generic picture that was taken got it at a horrible angle. I'd like to think it looks better than it displays. lol But I'm silly. So... thank. I'm on to House 002 now. Zeera Pern (heir from 001) has been set down on the designated lot. Now I begin. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @cshaner very true. I'm very good a building boxes (lol) but not so much at actual houses. I'm envious of my fellow simmers who manage to create such wonderful abodes for their sims to live in whilst I struggle to build anything less – er.. square. I know I could download something from the gallery but I'd like to create my own houses. I see that as part of the challenge. I just wish building them wasn't so … challenging! :)

@Karise, I love building and if I think I'm good at it. Have you ever tried building from a floor plan? That might help you to build something more out of your comforst zone.
    I like to use photographs as inspiration, but usually end up building something totally different.

Is anyone trying to fill up the world with a specific house style?
    For Willow Creek I want to build victorian houses. I was already working on victorian houses and have a few empty shells which I think I might use for this challenge. Though I tend to build more expensive houses and I'm not sure how fast my sims can earn money if they start with nothing.
    For Oasis springs I think I'll build some modern and some spanish houses.
    I haven't decided yet what the style will be for New Crest.

I think it is a shame we can't touch all the community lots, especially in Magnolia Promenade. The community lots there are no fun.
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Options
    @illusie yes so I think I'm getting better. I've looked online for floor plans to try and use those. Sadly my houses don't quite turn out looking like the ones online but they're definitely getting better. :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top