Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For My Fall Fun Handmade Gift Exchange Buddy ....... DolphineQ

SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
@DolphineQ Hello, I am your buddy! I have to admit although we do not know each other that well it was fun creating goodies for you. After reading your letter and filling my muse with cookies and milk an idea came to me and I ran with it. It turned out to get bigger and bigger so while I am posting them as "Gift #1, #2, Ect." really they are all part of one big gift since it all ties in together.

I do hope you enjoy reading the story I credited and getting to know the Sims better. I am so sorry I am late posting but hopefully you find something you like.

Gift # 1 .............

Household - #3

Elder - Alice Katze

screenshot_original.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010328

Alice was a little old lady who loved cats more than life …. But she always felt something was missing in her life. No longer a young thing she decided she did not want to spend the rest of her days alone. With no spouse and old fragile bones, she knew having a baby of her own was not an option so, she decided adoption was the way to go. She went to the several adoption centers but always got turned down … since she was not married with a white picket fence and then there was her age.

screenshot_original.jpg

As she walked out of the latest let down she was starting to feel like life was hopeless …… That was when a rather unsavory man came up to her and handed her a business card that read …….

screenshot_original.jpg

NOT HOPELESS ADOPTION CENTER
Call: 1-234-567-8900

At first Alice disregarding the card but after 4 more attempts at other agencies she began to realize that the curious man with the strange business card might be her only option…...

After much debate with herself and her cats …. Especially, Rufus! Rufus was a Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with stunning markings and a hunting skill that could rival, Teddy Roosevelt. He was a stunning cat with skills and one of those powerful feline skills was that he could always calm Alice down and helping her see what she needed to see.

screenshot_original.jpg

“I Hear Ya Rufus” she use to mutter to herself after he helped her think clearly.

And help he did ….. With a nod and a paw shake she picked up the phone and called the number on the card.

No one answered the call but she left a message and began to wait. After nearly a week had past she finally received a call back …. This time from a woman; the women spoke in a heavy German accent but he words were clear as a bell to Alice.

“There are children who are not wanted by anyone for one reason or another. These children get lost in the shuffle and we help to find them the place they belong. We have checked you out Miss Alice Katze and it is clear you fit the bill for the “type” of people we are looking for.

Alice listened quietly but waited for the catch …. She had lived long enough to know there was always a catch!

As if reading her mind, the women on the other end said,
“The only catch is you can never tell anyone about us! Not one word. Not EVER. (She made sure to pronunciation
each word with feeling as if there was an underline mean that Alice dare not think about. It sent a shiver down her spine but she felt it was fair enough and she really wanted someone else to love beside ol’ Rufus!

I Agree! Alice replied …..

After that things moved liked lightning and before long Kiara came to live with Alice. Everything was in order and Alice never said a word about how she came to have Kiara.

After that Kiara’s life picked up and she had finally found someone to love and who loved her. She even liked the spoiled and often grumpy Rufus!

screenshot_original.jpg

Ok, I finally got Alice to upload! Yeah!

Post edited by Skymyst on

Comments

• Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Aaawwww, this is really, really cute. Heck, it could be ME the story was about, apart from me having grown up kids :smiley:.
    take all the time you need, dear @Skymyst - I am not running off to anywhere and I am already thrilled with the story <3.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yep, yep, yep... love the story!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Very nice story! Trying to be patient and wait for more...
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Nice story Sky :) I hope the internet stops giving you issues!

Also I will pray that your daughter gets better quickly and that you all can finally be peaceful and happy. Postitive energy sent your way <3 I spent many many weeks in the hospital with both my girls so I have an idea what you're going through.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Great story @Skymyst
  • Options
    Thanks all! After several attempts I finally got Alice to upload ..... Yeah! Sadly it is going on midnight and my baby girlie is sound asleep so I think I am going to try to follow her. Will be back tomorrow!
  • Options
    Hello, Alice, very nice to meet you! As always, lovely job on her :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I've always loved your in-depth stories @Skymyst! Got you rec'd <3
  • Options
    Thanks! I made Rufus to go with Alice but since DQ did not seem to care much for pets I did not include him in any of the download info. Though I might upload him just for fun - he was a hoot to play with during test runs with her. Once again it is after midnight here but I am trying to get a few things done.

Today was a rough day for Shortie - seems the meds they had been giving her lost their effect so they had to switch to different meds. The cultures came back and it seems she has a penicillin-resistant strain. She has been having chest pain the doctors think are caused by inflammation in her lungs. So they have added on something to counter that as well as a pain med and around the clock O2. On top of that she hasn't been eating like she should so they have added on some potassium and iron supplements as well as changed her diet plan some to help keep her energy up.

@DolphineQ I am so very sorry I am struggling once again with goodies - I swear the Sim gods hate me sometimes! I am working on finishing a few things up. I had some trouble with a file transfer and my hubby got tired of messing with it since he needed sleep - someone has to bring home the bacon right.... ;) So some of the picture work and such I had done at home I am having to redo. BUT, never fear Part 2 will hopefully be up in the next few hours or sometime tomorrow at the latest. Going to try to work on it some now while she rest - we have another breathing treatment at 2 am - they are doing them every 6 hours - so I am hoping she can rest some until then, me I figure I will try to lay down after that treatment. So that gives me a bit of time to work.
  • Options
    work%2Bin%2Bprogress.png

Household - #1

Father: Richard Ryan Bronx and Mother: Felicia Ann Bronx

It is rumored that Richard Bronx came back in time from the future to right a wrong that sent him and the rest of his family on a bad course in the future. When he came he had only meant to interfere in one action and then head back to his place in the future but …

While back in time he met Felicia and could not bear to leave her. While he had given thought to take her back to the future with him, deep down he knew that her heart was here in her time and since his heart was with her he decided to stay. He asked for her hand in marriage and promised to make her the happiest women he could.

Since he was from the future he knew the right ways to manage his money so that he could build the wonderful Victorian estate for the love of his life.

Richard was a quiet man who was handy with a wrench, he never talked about the future it was as if it never happened. A famous inventor he made amazing things with his hands. While he was found of earth tones he let his lovely wife decorate the home as she pleased ... never arguing over anything.

Felicia loved blue and it showed in the build and other things around her. Felicia was a loving woman who loved life and history. She always dreamed of having a family but a tragedy when she was younger prevented her from ever having children - so she swore to live life to the fullest and love Richard with all her heart.

..................And that is exactly what they did. Richard spent the rest of his days loving Felicia and showering her with gifts and lots of love.

BUT .......... Even though it was said by many doctors that Felicia could not get pregnant that did not stop them from having one child … a son named …... Bradley Ryan Bronx!

About Richard Ryan Bronx

Richard is a handy guy who just happens to be a Genius. His passions once ran in learning all types of sciences but since meeting Felicia she has become his world. He is from the future rumors say from around 2099 but no one knows for sure – since he NEVER talks about it not to anyone not even Felicia. As far as anyone knows he was born in this era and married Felicia in her mid-twenties. He is a no-nonsense guy who is often well grounded and business orientated. With his knowledge of the future it did not take him long to make a wonderful life for him and his new bride. While he enjoys earthy tones like brown and grey his cares little for decor or clothes; even though he is often dressed to impress he sees it more as a necessity then fun.

About Felicia Ann Bronx

Felicia has always love history and art. She enjoys all shades of blue and spent much of her days in her sitting room reading or painting. Felicia loves children and always dreamed of having lots of them. Sadly, she was told by many doctors she would never have a child of her own. Her husband could not stand to see her cry and with a team of amazing (high priced) doctors they found a way to over-come her problems and she was able to conceive Bradley.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What interesting backgrounds! I eagerly await the time you are able to post pictures. :)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sneaking in here with an addtional gift for you, @DolphineQ. I've been hiding away in the background working on a lil house to accompany your sims gifts from @Skymyst.

Felicia's Victorian, as you should be able to easily tell ;), is Felicia's dream home, where she and Richard have lived most of their married lives. They are about to gift it to a new generation, to whom Skymyst will introduce you.

We wanted this to be a well-established, older home, but we also wanted it to be affordable for the younger sims who will be taking over. To accomplish that, I (1) depreciated it in game (it's old, so it's depreciated, right?) and (2) left a good part of the upstairs unfurnished. You see, after Richard and Felicia added on their downstairs master suite wing, they rarely went upstairs anymore, and so they didn't notice that the old roof had begun to leak until after a terrible storm that caused a lot of water damage to especially the back half of the house. A new roof was installed, and the ceilings, walls and floors repaired or replaced as needed, but much of the furnishings that were there were ruined. What was salvageable has been placed in the front rooms, but the two remaining rooms and bath will be left to the new generation to furnish according to their needs and desires.

In my bin, the house price is $92,131.

The uploaded house is on a 30x30 lot, but it can easily be placed on a larger lot, which you may like to do in order to expand the house itself or the grounds.

I did not upgrade any appliances or the garden, although I did provide just a few buydebug starter garden plants. Believing you will want to skill up the sims who will be living there, I left all that work to you.

Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9011348

Slideshow: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Felicias Victorian

As I know a lot of you already know, Photobucket is being a big pain right now, but I wasn't feeling I had the time to go out and deal with a new site. Since it was so uncooperative, I didn't edit my pictures, which I usually do. Also adding a few shots below as soon as I can get the links over here. <--- Success! (I think - as long as the pictures are showing for you all.)

Screenshot-20.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg

Screenshot-23.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-27.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg

Screenshot-45.jpg

Screenshot-41.jpg

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses ~ Felicia's Victorian is gorgeous with a capital G! Even though I was lucky enough to see a sneak peek, I looked at your slideshow and saw a few decor items that I didn't notice before... that was fun :) Wonderful color palette and furnishings make it so easily to see this as a home that has been well-loved for many years. It will definitely be well-loved for many more by DQ (and others!).
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @suzses - What a STUNNING Victorian! I'm sure that DolphinQ will love it! Gave it a HUGE rec! <3 Lovely to see you participating!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh, what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL house! I love Victorians, and this one is so lovely! Another one to steal borrow.

@suzses, it was so nice of you to help Skymyst out. :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great story and awesome home. (I love all your homes, @suzses!)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I love your builds Suzses :)<3 Sky is a sweetie and Dolphine is very lucky to have had the two of you gifting her :)
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Love that you made a fun elderly character and really liking her story. Can't wait to see the other sims you are working on after reading about them. :)

@suzses Another beautiful home (not surprising your stuff is always amazing). Will be borrowing this as well.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    All right, I know I already commented on this, but I wanted to add something: I love the way you recolored those wallpapers. I've used some of those before, but your recolors are so nice and lovely. I would have to download this house (if I hadn't already), just so I could snag your recolors for presets! :)
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Love Alice and her cat story...as a not-quite-crazy-cat-lady IRL, it made me smile! Can't wait to see more of the Bronxes...they sound very intriguing!

@suzses Felicia's Victorian is beautiful! Really love all the pretty blues you used! And it's a great size and price, which makes it super useful, too!
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Alice's story is great! She's a very nice sim :smile:

The Bronx family sound very interesting! Sad to hear about the initial fertility problems; I'm sure Bradley is very loved :smile:

@suzses Gorgeous home! Beautiful landscaping :smile: And the interior is lovely! Looks comfortable and home-y :smile: Lots of lovely blue colors!
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    What a wonderful sim and back stories are awesome <3. Sorry to hear about your troubles @Skymyst. Have you thought of hosting the sims3pack on simsfileshare? I use that when the launcher is being a huge pain in the you know what. You need a code from a member, but I can get you want. I use the site temporarily until the launcher behaves again. What a fickle creature!

@suzses what a very beautiful home. The color scheme is great!
  • Options
    Skymyst wrote: »
    Thanks! I made Rufus to go with Alice but since DQ did not seem to care much for pets I did not include him in any of the download info. Though I might upload him just for fun - he was a hoot to play with during test runs with her. Once again it is after midnight here but I am trying to get a few things done.

Today was a rough day for Shortie - seems the meds they had been giving her lost their effect so they had to switch to different meds. The cultures came back and it seems she has a penicillin-resistant strain. She has been having chest pain the doctors think are caused by inflammation in her lungs. So they have added on something to counter that as well as a pain med and around the clock O2. On top of that she hasn't been eating like she should so they have added on some potassium and iron supplements as well as changed her diet plan some to help keep her energy up.

@DolphineQ I am so very sorry I am struggling once again with goodies - I swear the Sim gods hate me sometimes! I am working on finishing a few things up. I had some trouble with a file transfer and my hubby got tired of messing with it since he needed sleep - someone has to bring home the bacon right.... ;) So some of the picture work and such I had done at home I am having to redo. BUT, never fear Part 2 will hopefully be up in the next few hours or sometime tomorrow at the latest. Going to try to work on it some now while she rest - we have another breathing treatment at 2 am - they are doing them every 6 hours - so I am hoping she can rest some until then, me I figure I will try to lay down after that treatment. So that gives me a bit of time to work.

Hi @Skymyst :)
    I don't normally play with pets, but I would love to see Rufus if you don't mind?
    And don't worry, your babygirl comes first and everything and everyone else just have to wait. That is parenthood ;).
    I hope she is feeling better and that you can get to relax and deflate soon, on top of all this hospital business. Hugs from here!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Hiiii @suzses!
    Wow. Just wow. That house is incredibly cute and I can't wait to put the family in it and see what they get up to.
    I love the layout and the colors, so calm and nice and just the way I prefer them. I already have a lot of your builds in my games, have been a fan of you for a while, so this is just squeeeee-worthy - a house from you for the great Sims with the cute stories that @Skymyst has mad me. I couldn't be luckier!

Thanks so, so much! <3

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    @DolphineQ I am so very sorry this stuff is coming to you so late! It has been a crazy few weeks for me with hospital stays, trips to visit family, cooking first Thanksgiving and so on. BUT, I do not want to bore you with those details this is all about you! This family was not meant to be much of anything other then a story filler but I quickly fell in love with them. As you will see below I tried to give you several options for playing with them without messing too much with your ability to shape them as your own. I can not stress enough how sorry I am this is coming so late to you ..... I did not want to flake completely on you so hopefully better late ...

Ridiculous-Gifts-for-your-Enemies-.jpg

Household - #1

Father: Richard Ryan Bronx and Mother: Felicia Ann Bronx

screenshot_original.jpg

It is rumored that Richard Bronx came back in time from the future to right a wrong that sent him and the rest of his family on a bad course in the future. When he came he had only meant to interfere in one action and then head back to his place in the future but …

While back in time he met Felicia and could not bear to leave her. While he had given thought to take her back to the future with him, deep down he knew that her heart was here in her time and since his heart was with her he decided to stay. He asked for her hand in marriage and promised to make her the happiest women he could.

Since he was from the future he knew the right ways to manage his money so that he could build the wonderful Victorian estate for the love of his life.

Richard was a quiet man who was handy with a wrench, he never talked about the future it was as if it never happened. A famous inventor he made amazing things with his hands. While he was found of earth tones he let his lovely wife decorate the home as she pleased ... never arguing over anything.

Felicia loved blue and it showed in the build and other things around her. Felicia was a loving woman who loved life and history. She always dreamed of having a family but a tragedy when she was younger prevented her from ever having children - so she swore to live life to the fullest and love Richard with all her heart.

screenshot_original.jpg

..................And that is exactly what they did. Richard spent the rest of his days loving Felicia and showering her with gifts and lots of love.

screenshot_original.jpg

BUT .......... Even though it was said by many doctors that Felicia could not get pregnant that did not stop them from having one child … a son named …... Bradley Ryan Bronx!

So this couple was meant to be "elders" and the parents of Bradley in the story but they were just both so charming I jumped in and made younger versions of each of them right after they met but before they got married. Below you will see both a young adult and an elder version.

About Richard Ryan Bronx

screenshot_original.jpg

Young Adult Version - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9016296

screenshot_original.jpg

Elder Version - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9016293

Richard is a handy guy who just happens to be a Genius. His passions once ran in learning all types of sciences but since meeting Felicia she has become his world. He is from the future rumors say from around 2099 but no one knows for sure – since he NEVER talks about it not to anyone not even Felicia. As far as anyone knows he was born in this era and married Felicia in her mid-twenties. He is a no-nonsense guy who is often well grounded and business orientated. With his knowledge of the future it did not take him long to make a wonderful life for him and his new bride. While he enjoys earthy tones like brown and grey his cares little for decor or clothes; even though he is often dressed to impress he sees it more as a necessity then fun.

About Felicia Ann Bronx

screenshot_original.jpg

Young Adult Version - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9012887

screenshot_original.jpg

Elder Version - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9016294

Felicia has always love history and art. She enjoys all shades of blue and spent much of her days in her sitting room reading or painting. Felicia loves children and always dreamed of having lots of them. Sadly, she was told by many doctors she would never have a child of her own. Her husband could not stand to see her cry and with a team of amazing (high priced) doctors they found a way to over-come her problems and she was able to conceive Bradley.

Also, for fun I uploaded a starter household set of the two when they were younger - they have a nice little nest egg to start with but I left all skills untouched and such.

Young Adult Bronx's Household - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9016298

screenshot_original.jpg