Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Still couldn't find the bookshelf,

@JoeJude16 - If you own Hive of Knowledge Bookshelf, you could use Valgon57's download method which bypasses our purchase history.

In his thread Store Mega List for Extra Quick Redownloading, he gives the urls to download without going to purchase history.

All the urls for the memory achievements are listed in this post. If you did get the bookshelf, the download link will work.
    This is the download for the bookshelf
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:35751

Follow his instructions in the first post of the thread on how to use the link.

I hope you find the bookshelf

ETA - I just tried this and it worked for me. I could not make it work in Chrome because Yahoo interpreted the url as a search request. It did work through Internet Explorer.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks for mentioning the stencils @SemaviLady - I didn't know about this! I love the Japanese sets, so I'll get on that right away. @JoeJude16 , I forgot that you could unlock items by posting memories! I think I got the grill and bookshelf before getting irritated with the memories and turning them off, but I may turn them back on long enough to get the other items. (And P.S. I'll tell you what the back of the dress looks like - thank you very much!)
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @Me1620 I tried what you suggested and found that I don't, in fact, have the bookshelf, since the technique did work for another item but not for it. But like I've said before, no big deal. But as always, thanks so much for all the help. It's far from the end of the world.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    I feel a bit down, I cannot play my game cos of school, work and tower of assignments T^T Also in the last month the items I have been gifted in the store by wonderful members on this forum still show that I have to purchase them. Does anyone know any troubleshooting I can try. :s
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JoeJude16 Ok so from memory I've only got the first two memory achievements (it was a while ago).
    Did it tell you you had got the achievement, so you uploaded blah number of memories?
    Were the memories repeats or unique? I have a feeling they had to be unique.
    So maybe it's not broken if they have to be unique and memories were repeated, here's hoping it's just that and nothing else.
    @stepbot153 log out then back in
    Clear search history
    Call customer service (as a last resort)
    I'm sure others will come up with something else but this is a start.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Does it annoy anyone else that our Sims make memories every time they're late to work or get invited to a party? :D
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @stepbot153 log out then back in
    Clear search history
    Call customer service (as a last resort)
    I'm sure others will come up with something else but this is a start.
    I would have suggested the same with one addition. Try a different web browser if the first two don't work.

Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2016
    @stepbot153 - 1. Log out of your usual browser's TS3 and EA account. 2. Using a different brandname browser, or use a different device (eg a kindle, etc) to log into your TS3 account. 3. Change your password. Log back in. Log out 4. Go to your normal browser, clear cache, then log back it. --all of this may help refresh your account.

Over the years I've noted that it seems momentary online glitches can botch up up transactions, and if they don't self correct by resetting your cache and password, the next thing to do is to contact support. Most of the time things seem to correct over time, but not always.

JovialJoy wrote: »
    Does it annoy anyone else that our Sims make memories every time they're late to work or get invited to a party? :D

Absolutely! I only use custom memories any more.

Related to memories... Also if I have a lot of friends on my wall that are still using memories all the time, I turn off the notify for that subject (see blue arrow)
    fSRErZY.jpg

And another tip that is very useful... See the box "View" above --if you are sometimes chatty and don't want to miss someone's comment to you... adjust the wall notifications so it shows only 'MY ACTIVITY' --that way if many of your friends drive your comments to 20 pages away, you can still find your discussions and pay attention to them. I mention this because some friends return in a day or two and never see the advice others shared with them, but continue to have the same game problems over and over.

I find this very useful and switch the settings around from day to day.

Readalot1 wrote: »
    Thanks for mentioning the stencils @SemaviLady - I didn't know about this! I love the Japanese sets, so I'll get on that right away. ..
    Aren't those amazing? I used Ciane's compilation to add it to my game but I haven't actually fired up the game yet (other priorities now).

Have a great week everyone!

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @angeljess26 thanks for the Art Abstraction. And as for the memories, I've earned the badges, it's just the bookshelf that's missing. But I think I'll live. :*
    @SemaviLady I wish I could get my badges without cluttering up other people's walls.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hey everyone! :)
    @SemaviLady I wanted to thank you for the gifts. <3 I tried to thank you personally on your page but it wouldn't let me. I very much appreciate them.
    @Me1620 thank you for the tip about the store. That's a good one B)
  • Options
    Oh my ... I just calculated how many SimPoints I'll need over the next three weeks. This week, I only need 182. Not bad, right? :) And I already have roughly 100 SPs more than that. So it seems like I'm on the right track. But next week, it will take me 1588 SimPoints to pick up everything I want. Kinda steep, but I might be able to swing it if the ads are in my favor. However, the week after next, I would need 3185 SPs to take advantage of all of the Daily Deals I don't yet have! All together, that's a total of 4955 SimPoints. :# Ouch! I don't see that happening. Haha!

Anyway, this got me wondering if anyone has calculated how much the Store costs through Daily Deals and Cascades (the best possible price) vs. how much it costs outright. Has this been done?

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy - I don't think anyone has tried to calculate the total cost since owning the store can be achieved through various purchases. I know this has been asked, but I have yet to read of any calculations being done.
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @Me1620 thank you for the tip about the store. That's a good one B)
    @Odonata68 - You are welcome. The tip is thanks to Chimark.

• Options
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

498 ) BahHaus / 554 / 1350 / 59% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 204, but less than # 186)

499 ) Ultimate Fridge / 54 / 99 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

500 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 265)

501 ) Turtle Island Rug / 17 / 54 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

502 ) Homecoming / 1121 / 1900 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 11, # 32)

503 ) Goddess Contemporary Capri / 26 / 50 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Date Night

504 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 330 / 475 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, but less than # 276)

505 ) Ultramodern End Table by D. Kyle / 18 / 55 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teen Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010

506 ) Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) / 543 / 1535 / 65% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Life’s a Beach (Swim)
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 762 but less than # 430)

507 ) Culinary Arts Stool / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

508 ) Playground Dresser / 40 / 68 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

509 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 420 / 1125 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 407, # 273, # 669)

510 ) Hand Stenciled Dining Table / 34 / 61 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

• Options
    Memory: Wet myself.

:p Just poking some fun at The Sims 3.

Seriously though, after you guys talked about memories, I thought I should upload some of mine and take advantage of the rewards for doing so. But instead of leaving them with the standard captions, and descriptions, I made my own--which kind of followed the story in my head as I played the individual Sim. They were from a first-person perspective. And I didn't realize they'd show up that way, without the name of the Sim, on My Page. So ... I looked a wee bit crazy. :D

It's too bad memories aren't editable from My Page.

Me1620 wrote: »
    @JovialJoy - I don't think anyone has tried to calculate the total cost since owning the store can be achieved through various purchases. I know this has been asked, but I have yet to read of any calculations being done.

I imagine it would be a huge undertaking, but then again ... multiple people have cataloged the whole store!

• Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy - The best way to get a ton of stuff with the least outlay, is to study the sets where objects are shared (the midcentury stuff is all intertwined), put a bunch of those items into your wishllist, and on days when the ads are working really well, if you take care to group related set items together, you may find that a collection of sets that share items are getting really reasonable. And after you get one of the sets, you start a cascade where the other related sets that share things are almost free. You may already know this, but I note a lot of people I gift, don't really seem to have a strategy because they've never experienced some the awesome free cascades.

For example, for those who haven't tried it: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14402866/#Comment_14402866

Edited to add: OH MY GOODNESS, we both posted about some of the same things just now.
    Congrats for your sets and any cascades you get from them. Happy Happy! (ref: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15352108#Comment_15352108

JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @SemaviLady I wish I could get my badges without cluttering up other people's walls.

I think it's the memories that drive me nuts because very interesting tips and discussions end up twenty pages away sometimes. I actually enjoy seeing the achievement badges and their icons, so I have it enabled all the time. Also since I have Showtime, I always enable Simporting announcements, so if I'm playing an eligible family, I can host or port and meet other simporters that way.

Odonata68 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! :)
    @SemaviLady I wanted to thank you for the gifts. <3 I tried to thank you personally on your page but it wouldn't let me. I very much appreciate them.
    You are very welcome.

It is sometimes frustrating to juggle our interactions across two sites, for sure. Sometimes there are glitches that can block connection but normally my wall is set to be interactive for everyone but things do glitch. Lately during my recent gifting sprees, I sometimes have trouble gifting people when their wishlist malfunctions and transaction has to be repeated several times... so I know it happens. :frowning: But I'm so happy to share the joy.

Semi related:
    Heres a screen cap to the privacy settings for anyone who needs the info.

goVDDq9.jpg

Post edited by SemaviLady on
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    That is some good advice, @SemaviLady.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited November 2016
    Well, my Wishlist is acting weird... I bought a few collections and that gave me maybe 20 or so items in my wishlist but when I try to remove them it says they were removed but when the page is refreshed or anything it still has them in it..."View Item" links rather than "Buy Now!" links, but still present in the list. ?_?

Nvm, it finally worked after about the 8th try. Oh, and it was 31 not 20 items. :p
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Hello! It's been a while since I've fired up the Sims 3 and I am so glad that a list for the Daily Deals was made -- and even happier that the Sim store is still open. I was not sure whether it would be or not due to Sims 4. Thanks for putting together this list and keeping us updated regularly on which items are coming up next in the rotation.

I've changed computers since I last played Sims 3 and did not transfer my files between PCs, so I was relieved to see that the items I purchased from the store are in my purchase history. Now to try and complete my sets and snatch up anything else that I missed the last time I played.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @SweetJealousy - Glad you found our thread. We all feel there is still a lot of life left in Sims 3. Since you are about to start downloading and installing, you may wish to check out Ciane's Method of installing store content and ZeeGee's video tutorial of Ciane's Method. Both are discussed in the Now That You Own the Store section on page 1 of this thread.

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @SweetJealousy welcome to the DD thread. If you are still trying to complete sets check out page 1 for cascades, free stuff and all the other stuff. Also maybe add a link to your Wishlist in your signature, people around here like to help.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    @JovialJoy - The best way to get a ton of stuff with the least outlay, is to study the sets where objects are shared (the midcentury stuff is all intertwined), put a bunch of those items into your wishllist, and on days when the ads are working really well, if you take care to group related set items together, you may find that a collection of sets that share items are getting really reasonable. And after you get one of the sets, you start a cascade where the other related sets that share things are almost free. You may already know this, but I note a lot of people I gift, don't really seem to have a strategy because they've never experienced some the awesome free cascades.

For example, for those who haven't tried it: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14402866/#Comment_14402866

Edited to add: OH MY GOODNESS, we both posted about some of the same things just now.
    Congrats for your sets and any cascades you get from them. Happy Happy!
    (ref: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15352108#Comment_15352108)

Great advice, @SemaviLady, and yes--thankfully I had already learned about Cascades from @ajaxpost's signature. And as soon as I was able to make my own signature, I included the information in mine as well. It's too valuable not to pass on!

Personally, I do have a strategy! In addition to keeping the Cascades in mind, the Top Five in my Wishlist considers the next set that I need on the Daily Deal. And I only include as many items as I need to get the CYS as low as I can without making the set "free." That's because I don't want people wasting their SimPoints buying me an item for 35 when I could've just completed the set for five. So, for example, the items that you gifted me from the Steampunk set were calculated, considering the approximate number of SimPoints the Daily Deal would deduct, before I added them to my Wishlist. I knew it would put my CYS as low as possible without causing anyone to waste SimPoints. And my CYS for Steampunk will be approximately 1 SimPoint when it comes up on the Daily Deal next week!

Thank you, thank you, thank you again! <3

Psst ... I'd noticed we posted at roughly the same time, too! ;)

• Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    Just catching up after several days of being away from anything Sims, and have to say thank-you for the info on memories. I haven't played with memories enabled since the very beginning of the game and will have to give it a shot now that I know you get something in return. I've now reached the point where I own most of the DD and I have to say I kind of miss how it was more fun to actually have some to look forward to each day... I have a few dates bookmarked, but they are end of December. I wish I'd found the original of this thread way back when!!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't know if this hair has been mentioned lately. It is a hidden item Braids and Pigtails. It will not come up when you use the search box for store items. It is not pictured when you look item by item in the Create A Sim section. It is listed in 2Mahawk's thread on Easy-to-miss items

• Options
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

514 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 252 but less than # 393)

515 ) Boho Teen Lacy Top / 23 / 61 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Boho Vintage Women's Collection; September 2011 Compilation

516 ) The Sims Classic- Big Ol' Glory Tree Ring / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set; Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation

517 ) Runway Riot / 518 / 1400 / 63% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 123, but less than # 340, # 631)

518 ) Aromatic Décor / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire; The Monarch Suite

519 ) Theo's Contempo Coffee Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

520 ) Food Sample Sculpture / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 220)

521 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 192 / 600 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 483, # 775)

522 ) Jet Set / 223 / 675 / 67% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 697)

523 ) Banana Jeff’s Wall Mirror / 19 / 75 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

Note: Before you purchase deal 524, you may wish to use the simpoints to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Wilderness Dreaming is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection and Kids! 2010 compilation which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

524 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 156 / 360 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 829, # 814)

525 ) A Little Chilly Dress / 37 / 75 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday Casual Chic; May 2011 Compilation

526 ) Potted Orchids Divine / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Asian Fusion; Best of 2010 Collection

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2016
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I don't know if this hair has been mentioned lately. It is a hidden item Braids and Pigtails. It will not come up when you use the search box for store items. It is not pictured when you look item by item in the Create A Sim section. It is listed in 2Mahawk's thread on Easy-to-miss items

Zooming through the thread, I also found those:
    store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17259&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17269&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    Also, I tried some URL myself, and starting from SIM3:17240, by adding 1 each time to the last number, I get different items I don't own each time, however, most of those seem to be duplicates from existing store items...

Edit: Yeah, once downloaded, the launcher says they are already installed... I guess I just wasted like 800 points on duplicates...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top