Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, I Finally Give Up On This Game.

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    you should all give sims4 another chance if there a game worth giving up its boaring sims2 and boaring sims3 that are outdated sims4 is getting better in term of graphic and game play sims4 is better
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I'm just going to say that The Sims 3's engine was the most BROKEN engine in a Sims game. I've had so, SO many problems running Sims 3, until I got a new computer, and even THEN I'm still getting problems, like those awful load times.

Sims 2 and 4, on the other hand, are pretty stable to me. Sims 2 is occasionally glitchy, like the Sim portraits are loaded up incorrectly, or textures go wokny, but other than that, no problems. Sims 4 runs like a dream... most of the time.

@sparkfairy1 I don't believe your story, honestly. Either your computer is wonky (which I doubt,) or your copy was messed up, somehow.

Those awful load times in the sims 3 can be fixed by owning an SSD hard drive. The largest of saves will load in 5 minutes or less. The sims 3 takes advantage of an SSD hard drive more so than the sims 4. The sims 3 has it's flaws but I played for years without mods and did not have that many issues that the game was not worth playing or unplayable, I only added mods when I added pets because I did not want wild horses and strays stuck everywhere and turning them off in the launcher would not work. Having a computer that is above requirements to play the game makes a big difference.

I help in tech and there are several people who have serious bug issues with the sims 4. This is on a vanilla game. I had (game now uninstalled) on a download version. No @sparkfairy1 does not have a plum copy of the game and neither do I. There is nothing wrong with their computer or mine. I find the bugs and the lack of my style of game play make the game unplayable for me. If you enjoy the game and have no issues, thats fine but to call someone a liar because their experience with the game is different than yours is just rude.

Each computer is different. You could have 5 of the same make and model computer. All built at the same time and they will all be different. Some might run a game fine and some may not.

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I think EA are going to milk the loyalty factor for all its worth and then retire the Sims for good. They won't inject reasonable money into it anymore, EA is a "boys club" now and these peripheral game cash cow are only good until their milk runs dry.
    Very true. It looks like BioWare is now under attack. For a while, EA prided BioWare as a very progressive label of theirs, and now they're absorbing them and Maxis into EA Worldwide Studios. I remember Andy Wilson wanted to increase the proportion of revenues from mobile.

Meanwhile, dude-bro studios like EA Sports and DICE get the big budgets. It helps that Battlefield is the Pepsi to Call of Duty's Coca-Cola, the eternal underdog, so EA needs to invest in it to keep the brand from withering. It also helps that EA needs to give Star Wars the best it can, lest Disney yank it away from them. As big and bad as EA is, Disney is still bigger and badder.
    I don't buy it because EA needs millions of customers to pay the salaries to the about 200 developers who are working on TS4 and its expansions. But while I agree that there are a few hundred veteran Sims fans in this forum who still buy the games out of loyalty this doesn't really matter for EA because they are way too few to pay even one percent of the developers' salaries.

What EA needs instead is to make millions of new casual gamers interested in the Sims games and I actually think that this works quite well because all those new simmers don't compare TS4 with the previous Sims games. They are probably about as happy for TS4 as millions of other "new" simmers were when TS1 was released 16 yrs ago.

I also don't think that other games usually have even as many developers working on them as the 200 developers who work on TS4 and its expansions all the time.
    blizzard, bethesda, rockstead and others big game developers say hello to you, one of the wow leader team, told which just for the animations(cgi, characters, objetcs and others things) on interview he told which just this team is around 100+ and is the biggest team in wow, blizzard have almost one game team for each game, if i'm not wrong, batman arkham serie game from rockestead also had around that number of peoples working, any "really big" and competent game development have around it to make they games and MAXIS only have that 200+ because EA closed the simcity team from the other town them split the team in they others games.

others companies with around the number of teams can pull really stunning games while MAXIS pull sims 4...

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I think EA are going to milk the loyalty factor for all its worth and then retire the Sims for good. They won't inject reasonable money into it anymore, EA is a "boys club" now and these peripheral game cash cow are only good until their milk runs dry.
    Very true. It looks like BioWare is now under attack. For a while, EA prided BioWare as a very progressive label of theirs, and now they're absorbing them and Maxis into EA Worldwide Studios. I remember Andy Wilson wanted to increase the proportion of revenues from mobile.

Meanwhile, dude-bro studios like EA Sports and DICE get the big budgets. It helps that Battlefield is the Pepsi to Call of Duty's Coca-Cola, the eternal underdog, so EA needs to invest in it to keep the brand from withering. It also helps that EA needs to give Star Wars the best it can, lest Disney yank it away from them. As big and bad as EA is, Disney is still bigger and badder.
    I don't buy it because EA needs millions of customers to pay the salaries to the about 200 developers who are working on TS4 and its expansions. But while I agree that there are a few hundred veteran Sims fans in this forum who still buy the games out of loyalty this doesn't really matter for EA because they are way too few to pay even one percent of the developers' salaries.

What EA needs instead is to make millions of new casual gamers interested in the Sims games and I actually think that this works quite well because all those new simmers don't compare TS4 with the previous Sims games. They are probably about as happy for TS4 as millions of other "new" simmers were when TS1 was released 16 yrs ago.

I also don't think that other games usually have even as many developers working on them as the 200 developers who work on TS4 and its expansions all the time.
    blizzard, bethesda, rockstead and others big game developers say hello to you, one of the wow leader team, told which just for the animations(cgi, characters, objetcs and others things) on interview he told which just this team is around 100+ and is the biggest team in wow, blizzard have almost one game team for each game, if i'm not wrong, batman arkham serie game from rockestead also had around that number of peoples working, any "really big" and competent game development have around it to make they games and MAXIS only have that 200+ because EA closed the simcity team from the other town them split the team in they others games.

others companies with around the number of teams can pull really stunning games while MAXIS pull sims 4...
    The about 200 developers were reported by Grant Rodiek as the developers he worked with in the Sims studio in Redwood and for now this studio only only makes expansions for TS4 (unless they already have begun to develop TS5 too).

The closed studio in Emeryville developed Spore and SimCity. SimCity BuiltIt was developed in EA's studio in Helsinki though.

The Sims Freeplay is developed in Melbourne where EA has other 60 developers working on it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2016
    you should all give sims4 another chance if there a game worth giving up its boaring sims2 and boaring sims3 that are outdated sims4 is getting better in term of graphic and game play sims4 is better

There are plenty of older/retro games that I still play to this day (like various Point and Click adventure games, like Sierra and LucasArts games, and other old games, like old Harvest Moon games, old Pokemon games from past handhelds, etc).

Just because they may be somewhat "outdated", doesn't mean I have to stop playing them. :neutral: There are games that are just classics, and some are just plain fun, despite any frustrations with outdated features. (Older games were much more challenging, too. Some are too challenging for my tastes at times, lol. But they usually tried to do new things, push boundaries of gameplay or tech, or had lots of gameplay depth.)

For me, personally, Sims 4 is nice and enjoyable, but only in short bursts of play.

I can play Sims 2 for much longer periods of time with its indepth family play and lots of details.

With the tons of customization and options and ability to experiment and edit, one can play Sims 3 for a long time as well. (Except me. I need mods to enjoy most of Sims 3.)

I have given Sims 4 multiple chances. I have bought and enjoyed everything the game had to offer, pre-City Living. However, as enjoyable as it can be, it still feels flat, compared to past Sims games, due to the lack of variety of gameplay or lack of content (especially children-oriented and famiy-oriented content), and the lack of proper AI reactions and lasting consequences.

The various limitations/restrictions don't help, either.

ETA: I still enjoy playing Sims 4, and it has some good stuff, but so far, I personally feel that the past iterations had more content to offer and had more customization and freedom in general.

I am also waiting to see if Sims 4 will add much more meaningful family gameplay in the future (like a Generations-like pack).
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry, wrong section. :#
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've tried and loved them all in turn and have them all on my laptop. I'm just glad I have them at all, even though they all have their drawbacks. When I turn on the machine I ask myself "Which one shall I play today" and spend several happy hours in my own world in 2, 3 or 4.

Your favourite may not be my favourite but I don't have to worry about you anyway. Nobody here can affect my own opinions but some of the ideas I hope EA will take note of.

Trying an old game out with a new well built computer can be a revelation too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Okay I will admit it...LOL I was probably one of those people who thought Sims 3 sims didn't have personality and had too many freaking moodlets.

I finally have my Sims 3 game ready to go and loaded it up today. The first thing I thought to myself is wow my Sim has a lot of personality..LMAO She met a random sim. They were attracted to each other. She started flirting with him on her own. I was like WOW this is awesome. Hey I can admit when I am wrong and yeah I was pretty wrong. Maybe I needed Sims 4 to really appreciate the sims in Sims 3.

Lol. That's exactly what happened to me. It's weird. I literally could never get into Sims 3. I played it off and on, but I always went back to 2 as my main one. Then something weird happened last December. I finally rage-quit on S4 after another shoddy patch and I was like, "Wow, I never realized how fun S3 was before."<--that was just the base game too. Been playing it ever since.

LOL at least we can rejoice that we can now enjoy the game. I am much happier. :)
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Erpe you seem to believe that EA will fall or survive based on just Sims 4 success or failure, if the Sims dies (as have many other games) under EA, the company WILL keep going, the Sims is not it's bread and butter it's FIFA, battlefield etc. The Sims is pocket change, probably even more so with Sims 4 than ever before. A decade ago, maybe another story, but not now...
  • Options
    Erpe you seem to believe the EA will fall or survive based on just Sims 4 success or failure, if the Sims dies (as have many other games) under EA, the company WILL keep going, the Sims is not it's bread and butter it's FIFA, battlefield etc. The Sims is pocket change, probably even more so with Sims 4 than ever before. A decade ago, maybe another story, but not now...
    No I don't believe that EA's survival depends on just one of EA's games. But a company like EA will never stop a game series as long as it is profitable (or keep a game series that isn't). Even for EA the Sims concept has been very profitable and EA still experiments with all kinds of Sims games and for all platforms.

The Spore and Darkspore games were stopped because EA didn't see any future in them. Earlier Maxis also made several mobile versions of TS2 and TS3 and also versions for consoles. There were 4 mobile versions of TS3 if you also count TS3 Medieval as one of them. Also TS3 was released in versions for 5 different consoles. But EA doesn't want Maxis to make versions of TS4 available for neither mobile devices nor consoles. So EA clearly sees only the PC versions of the Sims games made by Maxis as succesful enough to let Maxis go on making them. (Instead EA now let Firemonkeys in Australia make the Sims Freeplay for all mobile devices. But EA apparently doesn't want more Sims games for consoles to be made for the time being.)

I am sure that EA also will continue making SimCity games. But the closure of the studio in Emeryville most likely means that EA wants a break for a couple of years before making the next SimCity game for the PC and I am not sure that Maxis will be the chosen studio to make it. But we will have to wait and see ;)
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member

Oh dear...there's so much wrong with this comment, I'm not sure where to start.
  • Options
  • Options
    I am sure that EA also will continue making SimCity games. But the closure of the studio in Emeryville most likely means that EA wants a break for a couple of years before making the next SimCity game for the PC and I am not sure that Maxis will be the chosen studio to make it. But we will have to wait and see ;)
    SimCIty 2013 destroyed the series name. Cities Skylines took in the huddled masses yearning for a new city builder and manager game. Maybe EA sees that market as too niche to bother with now?
    I don't know. Although I have tried most of the SimCity games they have never caught me and I have always found them a little boring. So Cities Skylines I have never studied enough to judge if it really could threaten EA that much. But EA usually doesn't give up that easily. An example is Football Manager which in many years wasn't good enough to compete with Championship Manager and there were also other similar football management games. But EA just improved FM and never gave up.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited November 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The button may be gone, but I'm sure I can figure this out.

Let's see... LOL!

Yup. I can still laugh out loud.

'We need that lol button back' is usually what I hear when I have managed a quick joke ;)

But lol became the new disagree so we use awesome instead.

I have however given you an insightful as your comment has inner depth to it :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Thanks for the laugh! I really needed that.

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

Selon moi, non merci mon vieux. TS3 et TS2 sont meilleur jeux selon moi et TS4 est un gâchis de jeu ben plat. Bonne journee!
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The City Living pack has dampened my hope for Sims 4 somewhat.

I'll have to see how Seasons and Pets (and Generations) will be handled in this iteration before I fully give up on it...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    The City Living pack has dampened my hope for Sims 4 somewhat.

I'll have to see how Seasons and Pets (and Generations) will be handled in this iteration before I fully give up on it...

I'm not too sure about pets, but with Seasons I'd say there's about an 85% chance that you'll have either of the following:

1) A seasonal 'world' IE seasons only occur in THAT world and only ever that world.
    2) Specific seasonal worlds, IE multiple new worlds and each one is stuck in a specific season, like TS1 used to have a vacation world that had part covered in snow, part sunny beach, ETC.

raw
  • Options
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sims 4 has done a great job with CAS and build mode for the most part if you ignore that fact there is no water tool or ground editing tools but live mode is where this game falls flat. I remember playing Sims 2 forever and I would get lost in the game and play for hours never getting bored or having trouble to find something new. This is clearly not the case with Sims 4 because I cant play how I want no toddlers teens are adults they no longer give us the option to build our own worlds and don't give us the tools to easily create our own CC. I really don't see this changing they seem to think all new game play should be tied to a object instead of improving the Sims themselves.

I feel the same way, The Cas and I think the animations in the sims 4 is awesome but it falls short on things you can do in the game. I remember once I had 2 toddlers in the sims 2 while the husband was at work I played with the wife and taking care of both kids was so challenging and I loved every minute of it. I never got bored of the sims 2. The sims 4 seems to be headed in the right direction but also it seems that the expansions feel hollow
  • Options
    KingslayerKingslayer Posts: 2 New Member
    From best to worst:

- The Sims 2

- The Sims 3 - definitely step forward, literally limitless thing you can do. Not to mention that by the end, when the game was completed, a sane person would never get bored. The only issues associated with this game where "running the game" problems.

- The Sims

- The Sims 4 (million steps backwards, EA focused on stuff that wasn't necessary at all or we can say that at least that "new" stuff definitely cannot replace the stuff that they removed. And sooo much more.)