Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL players , please post Your experience

Comments

• Options
    RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    @Ceres_Meiriona
    I do have fun when playing, but I can't help but feel limited and disappointed. I never felt this way when TS2 first came out or even TS3. Both base games offered so much amazing new ways to play that I was obsessed. I just never felt that with this iteration of the Sims, but I want to. And I'm trying to.

I totally get this... I was actually overwhelmed when I went back to TS3 by how much content there was... Coming to Sims 4 again I can't help but feel they are phoning it in sometimes. :( Like you, I'm a simmer 4 life... I had every pack preordered from TS1... I have accepted both the good and the bad... The bugs that never get fixed, etc... Unfortunately, TS4 seems to have the bugs but no content to make up for it. :(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm actually rather alarmed to see players purchasing the EP that don't enjoy TS4. I'm excited to fire this EP up in 2 1/2 hours, but there is nothing in this EP that is going to morph the foundation of how TS4 is set up. So, if you dislike that foundation then you are not going to enjoy the EP after the newness has worn off...

... I am sincerely confused. Why on earth would you spend your money on supporting something you don't enjoy? It's your money to spend, but I am truly baffled by this sort of decision making. :/
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Singing has no value since there is no career for it.
    You can make money off singing by writing original songs and licensing them. :)
    There is a nice guild up by Carl detailing what all you can do with the new singing skill.

This is one of the things I am looking forward to most in this EP. I have 4 sims for sure that will use it. My Diana Krall being one of them. I will have to revive her from my library now that there is something new for her to do.

Oooooh, don't forget to share pictures! I love it when you share screenshots, because they're always amazing!

I've been watching reviews and LPs all night. :p For the way I play, it's certainly going to add to my game. I'm even looking forward to some of the negative traits, and I've accepted that apartments are only in San Myshuno because the cities are all connected so it's not that big of a deal. ( for me)

As I've said before, I've created a lot of my characters based on a full game and have just been waiting for the content for them. This definitely adds to several of the stories that are to be played out within my little community.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @tasmabel I never implied you were complaining just to fill the void or that you should "shut up". I actually didn't mention anything like that AT ALL, so you can project that baggage somewhere else.

I did , however, state that this EP will not change the foundation of TS4... and did imply that to expect anything else is unrealistic. It's like purchasing Tylenol and then being disappointed that it didn't cure your diarrhea. Imagine that.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    I'm a TS4 "hater" so I'll give you a legitimate review sometime tomorrow ;). I pre-ordered once I could out of excitement, but I've actually been kind of upset that I did because it just looks so bare, but I guess I'll find out tonight.

I predict that I'll be super excited about CAS, build/buy things, and the new recipes. Sadly, none of that is gameplay, but I'm almost used to being disappointed at this point.

Edited because phone typos

Genuine question, why didn't you just cancel your pre-order then?

You can do that? Well, now I've committed to reviewing the pack!

Honestly, while I do not want to give EA more of my money, I'm pretty desperate for any new content in TS4, so I'll just grit my teeth and pay the $40 for a half-baked EP. It's sad that we are that starved for content.

Then just wait for a sale, plus I'm sure other people will be reviewing this so you don't have to. Tbh I have a rule of thumb that if you buy a pack on release I'm counting you as a fan.

I don't really care what you consider me TBH. I am a fan of The Sims franchise. I'm just also extremely disappointed with EA. Don't try and punish me for buying the game. I am still allowed to scrutinize and criticize the game. I would say especially so since I'm putting my money into it.

I'm not trying to punish you. You can scrutinize the game but I don't get why you would buy it when you dont think you'd like it. I love Sims 4 but if I know I wouldn't enjoy something I would never buy it.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    What people need to understand is that studios and publishers are not their friends. They exist to sell a product. Their goal is to convince you to give them your money. So, when you complain and shake your fist about things you don't like and then go ahead and hand your money over anyway it renders your complaints meaningless. EA already has what they want, why would they change? If you are unhappy about how things are going with any title then you need to vote with your wallet. Keep it closed.

This. Jesus Christ, this. I cannot quote or upvote this post enough.

Anytime I see someone posting a comment like "OMG GUYS SIMGURUDRAKE LIKES THE NEW EXPANSION!!" or something akin to that, I'm just completely baffled. Yes, their PR MANAGER likes the pack. If she didn't go on record saying she likes the pack, she would be fired, and would likely have great difficulty being employed by any other company because no one wants a PR manager that voices criticism or anything but glowing reviews of their own products.

A company exists with one purpose in mind: make money. A company completely unchecked by people will do anything to make money and increase profit, including gutting a game of some of it's features to divert that development funding towards marketing instead. When this starts happening, you need to vote with your wallet and make it clear to the company you noticed what they're doing. I personally find it very alarming that in the first two years of Sims 3, they had 4 expansions and the cost of expansion packs and stuff packs totaled up to $240, but here in Sims 4 we have half the expansions, yet the total is still $200. How is that possible?? Stuff packs, that's how. The endless supply of stuff packs actually has customers eating them up without restraint, and the lesson that sends to the company is "we can cut back on gameplay features and just focus on stuff and people will buy it anyways." No, the company does not stop and think "but that'd be a boring, disappointing product and I'd hate to disappoint my fans!!" It thinks "yay, money!"

You have to be an assertive consumer and ensure that the most profitable route and the best product remain one-in-the-same. If you do not, then some jerk in a suit is gonna start pinching every penny and cutting back on content to see if profits can remain unaffected despite less features being developed. You have to show him that no, it does affect the profits and affects the long-term company reputation aswell, and that's when the company regains the desire and the foresight to understand the value of delivering a solid, fully fleshed-out product.

I won't be buying this expansion or any further stuff packs, and I sure hope I'm not the only one.

For the record, I enjoy The Sims 4 very much and will be purchasing City Life. I also agree with what you said. If I was not happy with what was going on I would not be purchasing anything until I was seeing things that I liked.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member
    A skill isn't useless just because it's not tied to a career, lol. Can't a Sim sing for the fun of it? Hanging out with friends or whatever? If it can't make you money (which apparently singing still can), it shouldn't be in the game? We don't have enough money making things already? Basketball has no value because you can't be an NBA (Sims equivalent) star? Give me a break, lol.

Here's some value in the singing skill. Kareoke bar venues to go to, not to mention build. Home entertainment rooms that consist of something more than a TV and couch. Outdoor park stages for comedians, singers, and kids' puppet shows with the KR SP.

Here's some value in basketball. Building courts/gyms that aren't just 24 Hour Fitness clones. Something extra for those school buildings people are already making for the fun of it. Items for certain active Sims that fits their homes.

There. 5 seconds of random thought and boom, value to the 'valueless' skills. You'd think as Simmers we'd be more creative around here.

I was going to make the same comment so glad I read all of the posts first. What's wrong with singing and playing basketball just to have fun? :)
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    For what it is worth, I would like to get a refund, but I'm not sure that EA will do that since I've already installed the game? I thought I was more desperate for content than I was willing to make a point, but I learned my lesson. Unless the next batch of content is something I really want, I won't be purchasing again. I should have learned when I regretted buying Get Together, but I just want so badly to enjoy the packs.

Interesting tidbit: there are locked traits that are not accessible to you as a player. Like, not just that you can't change them. You can't apply them to your own builds (unless there is a cheat to do so). They are kind of neat, actually, but because I can't apply them and they only exist in certain apartments it sort of forces you to make numerous saves if you want different families to experience that lot trait. Again, unless there is a cheat to unlock them.

I will say the things I expected to like, I do like. I love the buy/build/CAS stuff a LOT. Beautiful colors, amazing style. I really love all the set dressing. It just...it didn't add anything to my gaming experience. I suppose I may make some builds more often to play with the new stuff, but as far as actually playing the game...meh.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    @tasmabel I never implied you were complaining just to fill the void or that you should "shut up". I actually didn't mention anything like that AT ALL, so you can project that baggage somewhere else.

I did , however, state that this EP will not change the foundation of TS4... and did imply that to expect anything else is unrealistic. It's like purchasing Tylenol and then being disappointed that it didn't cure your diarrhea. Imagine that.

Sorry, I didn't mean that to be directed towards you personally. It was a general statement.

I don't understand why EA is making packs that don't better the playing experience. I bought CL for the CAS and build/buy mode objects and nothing more, but that doesn't mean that I can't complain and feel disappointed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member
    For what it is worth, I would like to get a refund, but I'm not sure that EA will do that since I've already installed the game? I thought I was more desperate for content than I was willing to make a point, but I learned my lesson. Unless the next batch of content is something I really want, I won't be purchasing again. I should have learned when I regretted buying Get Together, but I just want so badly to enjoy the packs.

Interesting tidbit: there are locked traits that are not accessible to you as a player. Like, not just that you can't change them. You can't apply them to your own builds (unless there is a cheat to do so). They are kind of neat, actually, but because I can't apply them and they only exist in certain apartments it sort of forces you to make numerous saves if you want different families to experience that lot trait. Again, unless there is a cheat to unlock them.

I will say the things I expected to like, I do like. I love the buy/build/CAS stuff a LOT. Beautiful colors, amazing style. I really love all the set dressing. It just...it didn't add anything to my gaming experience. I suppose I may make some builds more often to play with the new stuff, but as far as actually playing the game...meh.

I was already aware that some traits are restricted. Sorry you're out $40. That's one of the drawbacks to digital purchasing. I can remember being able to trade in used games at gaming stores. You wouldn't get what you paid but at least it wasn't a total bust.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited November 2016
    This is my experience. These suits are popular in San Myshuno.

Don't mind my girl walking around in the background. She'll whoop his plum later.

10-31-16_10-32-48nbspPM_zpsskyydqw6.png

Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Even though I may appear positive about 4 I have alot of issues with it. When I said that stuff before I wasnt trying to be nasty I just believe the best way to send a messsage to EA is through their wallets so if you feel EA is ripping you off than don't settle for less but if you feel you're gonna get your moneys worth than buy it so EA can see how much profit is changing through themes and content. If you want a refund then go to them and demand one don't let them 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over since we all make bad purchase descions at times. You can keep it but in time it may be unnistalled and you'll have a $40 waste of money staring back at you every time you open origin.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

Sorry, I didn't mean that to be directed towards you personally. It was a general statement.

I don't understand why EA is making packs that don't better the playing experience. I bought CL for the CAS and build/buy mode objects and nothing more, but that doesn't mean that I can't complain and feel disappointed.

It's ok. <3 I felt very similar to this when I was playing TS3, so I can totally relate. :hugs: Some iterations fit individual simmers better than others. I'm sorry this one doesn't seem to be meshing well with your play style. :( I know how that feels, and it's an awful feeling that I wouldn't wish on anyone. :hugs:

@zeldagirl180 Thanks for sharing your first impressions! This last 40 minutes is going by so stinking slow!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,719 Member
    I'll post an honest review to when I get around to playing it. So far, I've only checked out the world. The world isn't as beautiful as Windenburg tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I was already aware that some traits are restricted. Sorry you're out $40. That's one of the drawbacks to digital purchasing. I can remember being able to trade in used games at gaming stores. You wouldn't get what you paid but at least it wasn't a total bust.

it's really unfortunate how EA operates, because even with other digital providers, like Steam for example, you have a 2 to 24 hour return policy (varies provider to provider), while EA can not refund expansions, stuff packs and game packs.
  • Options
    Lisa2900Lisa2900 Posts: 55 Member
    I absolutely love Sims 4 and I have been so excited and counting down the days for this to be released and you can guarantee that I will be letting you know the cons as well as the pros seeing that I had bought other packs and wasn't so thrilled with them. I have a little over 30 mins left before its released here but after giving it a good try tonight I'll be back to share my 2 cents for sure :) Enjoy it and have fun!!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    So far I really like it. It's really helped enhance one of my storylines about a young single mom who lost her boyfriend to a fire, then had to move to a dingy apartment in the city while she struggled to make ends meet. I can fill in most bits with my imagination, but the fact that my sim seems to have grown an addiction to the bubble blower is really helping my story, haha. She's went from caring mother to absent parent who is too focused on her career/being stressed out to notice her poor daughter growing up alone with no direction.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2016
    Mine is installing now at 31% with about 35 minutes to go. I plan on playing for an hour or so since that'll put me at 1 AM and I have work at 10 AM! But I'm off Wednesday and don't have class till 6 PM so I'll get tons of playing time in.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A skill isn't useless just because it's not tied to a career, lol. Can't a Sim sing for the fun of it? Hanging out with friends or whatever? If it can't make you money (which apparently singing still can), it shouldn't be in the game? We don't have enough money making things already? Basketball has no value because you can't be an NBA (Sims equivalent) star? Give me a break, lol.

Here's some value in the singing skill. Kareoke bar venues to go to, not to mention build. Home entertainment rooms that consist of something more than a TV and couch. Outdoor park stages for comedians, singers, and kids' puppet shows with the KR SP.

Here's some value in basketball. Building courts/gyms that aren't just 24 Hour Fitness clones. Something extra for those school buildings people are already making for the fun of it. Items for certain active Sims that fits their homes.

There. 5 seconds of random thought and boom, value to the 'valueless' skills. You'd think as Simmers we'd be more creative around here.

I'm adding an indoor basketball court to the gym in Windenburg -- I've noticed with the Bracing Breezes lot traits my gyms are a lot more populated, so I hope that means the basketball court will be well used. (Since I'll have gyms in both Windenburg and Oasis Springs, I may convert the one in San Myshuno to a restaurant.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Mine is installing now at 31% with about 35 minutes to go. I plan on playing for an hour or so since that'll put me at 1 AM and I have work at 10 AM! But I'm off Wednesday and don't have class till 6 PM so I'll get tons of playing time in.

I'm at about 45% with about 37 minutes left -- I'll probably play for about an hour, mainly finish up some building (I'm adding the street painting zones to my new park) and check out the new town a bit with one of my Sims (he also needs a makeover).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited November 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »

it's really unfortunate how EA operates, because even with other digital providers, like Steam for example, you have a 2 to 24 hour return policy (varies provider to provider), while EA can not refund expansions, stuff packs and game packs.

Just to be clear, here's Steam's refund policy on DLC:
    DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

So even if Sims 4 and its packs were on Steam, it's unlikely a refund for CL would be available. A Sim could gain/level up the singing skill, for example. Level up athletics through basketball. Be wearing new CAS outfits. Eat new food/gain new recipes. There are plenty of DLC I've bought on Steam that is unable to be refunded right from the get-go.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'd like to see some pictures of flea markets, and the items in them. It's something I always wished TS3 had. You can stage them, but it isn't really the same.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding