Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL players , please post Your experience

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    For what it is worth, I would like to get a refund, but I'm not sure that EA will do that since I've already installed the game? I thought I was more desperate for content than I was willing to make a point, but I learned my lesson. Unless the next batch of content is something I really want, I won't be purchasing again. I should have learned when I regretted buying Get Together, but I just want so badly to enjoy the packs.

I swear I read somewhere EA has a refund policy for all digital games. I would send their customer service/ origin an email about it. You should be able to get your money back.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    panamakira wrote: »
    tasmabel wrote: »
    For what it is worth, I would like to get a refund, but I'm not sure that EA will do that since I've already installed the game? I thought I was more desperate for content than I was willing to make a point, but I learned my lesson. Unless the next batch of content is something I really want, I won't be purchasing again. I should have learned when I regretted buying Get Together, but I just want so badly to enjoy the packs.

I swear I read somewhere EA has a refund policy for all digital games. I would send their customer service/ origin an email about it. You should be able to get your money back.

That "great game guarantee" applies only to base games, not add-ons.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    That "great game guarantee" applies only to base games, not add-ons.

Ahh I didn't know that part. Well we should be more careful about DLCs period. Game companies are kind of shady about that. I will be purchasing and downloading my copy tonight. I think I've seen enough content to know I would enjoy it.

My little service announcement would be: "If you don't enjoy The Sims 4 vanilla/skeleton/base game then you are most likely not going to enjoy any EPs". I enjoy playing the base game so the EPs add to my gameplay but people should vote with their wallets. If you don't like The Sims 4 don't spend your money on EPs. You are negating your complaints even more.

Hopefully people have a better gaming experience on TS5.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member

So far its been ok. I have given my apartment key to a couple of sims they show up frequently and make my sim's life more enjoyable. I was living in the one of the rundown apartments, but the other tenants kept complaining about my sim making too much noise(apparently practicing karaoke and piano after midnight is frowned upon), so now I live in one of the penthouses with the Fengs as neighbors.I just had a cookout to celebrate my sim's new apartment and the Fengs asked to come over and be entertained :p. Due to RL I haven't had a lot of time to explore as much as I would like, but I do love the food and produce trucks.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I had an interesting key incident last night. Rosemary gave her key to Morgan Fyres, and the next day Morgan asked: "Hey, I'm going out tonight, can I use your apartment to get ready?" But I couldn't find Morgan to tell her it was okay. She didn't just barge in and go to the bedroom.
    Rosemary's lucky. Her bedroom is too far from the neighbors to hear them in the middle of the night. The lady who keeps knocking on the door and asking her to go exercise is annoying, in a fun sort of way.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    Singing has no value since there is no career for it.
    You can make money off singing by writing original songs and licensing them. :)
    There is a nice guild up by Carl detailing what all you can do with the new singing skill.

But did you read what Carl thought about that information on the guide?

"I have made pages for both the Politician Career and Singing Skill. Both are a bit shallow. Sure I know I missed a couple of things, but where are the hidden modifiers on interactions, that will make things more interesting and inject some randomness? I'll be the person who tells you straight up that protesting and gathering voters as a politician was done in a very simple manner. Maybe making votes be lost if you're caught lying, letting you cheat with donations and lose your promotion. It really is the little things."

You can read the whole CL review. This really surprised me. Carl usually has nothing less than positive to say about EA and The Sims.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27342.msg453058#new

I did not read that, and I'm rather surprised to see you say that, because I don't find it to be a shallow skill. The only thing I would have changed about singing is that they need to give us a way to synchronize our musical instruments and form a real band. I'm well aware that I can "fake" it with staging, but I really do miss the band option, and hope to see that back soon. We all have personal preferences, and that's the only part that they missed the mark on relating to singing (for me). I'm tired of flying solo in that department, and while the club system does help a lot in this area, it is still not the same as having your own band.

I haven't played the politics career yet, so no personal experience there. My sims don't generally have careers, though, because I really don't enjoy that kind of game play on a regular basis. Since TS1 all the way through to TS4, careers are just... meh for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're there for the people who do like them, but I prefer to follow my sim through everything, so I like securing simoleans via more unconventional methods. I enjoyed that aspect of Showtime, and that's what I did like about GTW as well, so I will be trying this one out too, just to check out the work from home options and activities, but I did not like how they did the hybrid doctor stuff in TS3 (with the clinics that you could hold at the park etc), so we'll see if I like how they implemented it here any better once I can dive into it.
    spotharris wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a glitch where the Sim is in the middle of singing on the kareoke machine and they stop moving and stand completely still with their mouths just moving up and down?? then when the song ended they started moving and doing the hand motions again. Tried with solo and duet.
    I have not experienced this glitch, and I have been doing A LOT of karaoke. Do you have any CC or mods, and also have you been experiencing any post patch lag? I was having some odd issues before the release of the EP, and had to take my game "offline" (which promptly fixed it all).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's day 2 of EP playing, though, and I really do like the apartment life. I love the atmosphere and how lively my apartment feels. My neighbors are always stopping by (they don't come in unless they have a key or you allow them to enter, though, so this does not feel intrusive), and it really does feel like a real apartment complex. Sometimes when I cook (especially if it's grilled cheese it would seem lol) neighbors will ask for a bite, or if they're bored they'll knock on my door... I see odd things going on in the common area, like one of my neighbors breaking the garbage chute and trying to stuff his trash down it anyway. There were flies and green stench drifting out of the overflowing chute. LOL It was immersive and I like that kind of stuff. Sirius down the hall will sometimes invite me to the gym or come use my place to get ready (wearing nothing but a towel... hello handsome neighbor!). There's a lot of socialization going on and that added with the common areas outside the apartment (that the festivals take place on), it's a really great and immersive atmosphere. I'm absolutely enamored with the Cursed, Filthy, and TLC lot traits as well. My sim had a serious roach infestation, and I wanted to just let them keep multiplying to see how bad it would eventually get, but they started to really freak me out, so I sprayed them. >.< They don't just crawl on the floor, but up the walls too... it just :shudders: ugh. LOL (Not complaining, it's a good sign when the game can gross me out! LOL). This is the feature I was looking forward to in the pack, (not the festivals, careers, or even new skills to be honest... it was all about the apartments for me), and I'm pretty dang happy with them. I am not sure I'll be able to live on a traditional lot again, because I really like being surrounded by my neighbors in this fashion.

I still don't like that I can't edit the common area, need a load screen to enter a neighbor's apartment, and can't build my own apartments, but that is what it is. I definitely like them better than TS3 apartments, but they're not quite as good as TS2 apartments (they would have been... if we could have made our own ~_^... they'd have blown TS2 apartments out of the water then... even with a loading screen to enter an apartment).

I personally adore the singing skill. I really do enjoy that we have a nice spread of song genres at our disposal and that we can write our own songs. My sim's lips move in time to the words; I've caught a few instances where it's a little off, but it's a huge improvement from how singing appeared in previous iterations so I'm very happy with the presentation portion. It's a fun way for my sim to make money without having to use a traditional career, and I'm all about that kind of game play. As I mentioned above, the only thing that "gets me" about it, is we still can't form a band... and I truly do miss that aspect of game play. The songs themselves sound quite lovely as well! Love the nursery rhymes, too, as I know my sim will be singing those a lot once she has children.

The festivals are better than I thought they would be (I had some not so nice personal opinions about them lol), but they're not a huge draw for me. My favorite was GeekCon, just because I found it useful to have access to all of the skill building options that generally take up a lot of space and kill two birds with one stone by being able to make friends while gaining skills. I also had a fun time with the hacking contest, and thought that was a really cool competition to participate in. I'll revisit that festival just to try my hand again at winning 1st place. The other thing this festival had going for it that no other festival lot did... was a public woohoo location. ;) Thank you Mr. Rocket Ship. lol

The Romance Festival was a lot better than I thought it would be, (WOW at the atmosphere, whoever decorated that did a great job!), but again... outside of a hot date or maybe a sim that has the serial romance aspiration, I don't see myself going there often. If I have a serial romantic, though, that will be the place my sim hangs out, because that is just too perfect for them! lol If a supernatural expansion ever releases, I hope they build upon this festival with some appropriate potions and the like.

The Flea Market was really neat, and I did like it, but I felt like it was a little too short... I didn't sell very much produce, but maybe that's because the quality wasn't very high either. I need to experiment more with that to see if it matters. The yard sale table is amazing, though, and that is a feature I have been asking for ... gosh, for almost 7 years. It's nice to finally see it, and I like how it works with a personal table inventory. It makes the transfer of goods very easy and relatively painless. I do wish the furniture at the yard sales was as beaten up as the furniture you could find at the dumps in TS3. That's my only real criticism of that festival... but we all know how much I like disgusting and beaten up furniture... so it's no surprise that I wanted more beaten up junk. LOL

The Humor Festival is great if you're looking to level your mischief/comedy skills. You can kill two birds with one stone by making friends while participating in the contest and leveling your skills. If you're not interested in doing that... then there is not much at this festival that is going to interest you. The music and firework displays at this festival are A+, though. I'd bring a date to this festival just for the ambiance!

I'm sure you're seeing the pattern by now. The festivals are extremely useful for leveling your skills the legit way and also for making friends the legit way too. This is where I have to confess my cheating ways. I ALWAYS cheat friendships... since my TS2 days, (possibly before... I can't really remember if I cheated in TS1 or not lol) but I do know, the moment I found out there was a relationship cheat I have been all over that from TS2-TS4 because I find relationship building super tedious in The Sims. Some people love it, more power to you I'm not knocking it, but I hate the wasted time that it takes, especially when you take into consideration (your sim is only alive for x amount of time)... and then careers, physical needs, all that stupid crap that I don't really like getting in the way of my "fun" in real life... well it gets in my way in The Sims as well and I don't like that... never have. Cheat right through it because of it. For the FIRST time in a sims iteration... I can see myself making friends for my sim the "legit" way with these festivals. The atmosphere is so nicely presented that I found myself not minding that my sim was sipping tea or cracking jokes with random sims... it was a lovely place to be, and I found that I enjoyed the process of socializing with these sims. I'll definitely revisit the festivals to play for tips with my guitar as well, because the atmosphere is A+, there are a lot of sims in one spot, and they seem to enjoy watching entrepreneurs!

.... and I'm going to stop there because I just looked up and that is A LOT of word vomit....

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Tbh why do you always mention GT when you're making threads? GT has nothing to do with CL. Someone may think GT was amazing and CL was terrible, same goes other way around, but they're not the same pack.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona Were you thinking it was me talking about the skill?
    I did not read that, and I'm rather surprised to see you say that, because I don't find it to be a shallow skill.

Um....the only thing in that post that were my words was ...
    But did you read what Carl thought about that information on the guide?

The other info on in that post is a quote from Carl from Carl's guide.

I was quite surprised to see him to say there was anything in the game that was shallow. He's been staying positive but I get the impression he's another player who is now getting impatient with TS4.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    ...snip...

The only thing I would have changed about singing is that they need to give us a way to synchronize our musical instruments and form a real band.

...snip...

Now that I would have bought, singing, bands, and a Rock Star career.

I would have been all like
    79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg