Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Hype!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    Is this game worth $40
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016
    Is this game worth $40

You can check various YouTube reviews that are up today. Otherwise on the forums, you're mostly talking to people who don't have it yet, just the same advertising etc. info you can access from Maxis. There are Q&A lists, feature lists, etc. in this section as well. Whether it's worth $40 will really come down to what you need in a city-based expansion.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Love that you can have pests to contend with in the run down apartments but I also want to carry that over to my other homes if there's a Lot Trait that allows it when they all become available.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Is this game worth $40

Personally, from what I've seen I'd say no but you might like it. People have different tastes.

I was almost ready to buy and then I discovered several things that were not what I wanted.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Love that you can have pests to contend with in the run down apartments but I also want to carry that over to my other homes if there's a Lot Trait that allows it when they all become available.

But they don't do anything. They might give your Sim some kind of mood change. It's not like your Sim would get sick, or anything else, from them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

All indications are that you will be able to do just that. We'll know for sure soon enough.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016

But they don't do anything. They might give your Sim some kind of mood change. It's not like your Sim would get sick, or anything else, from them.

Whether they "do" something is going to depend on how each person plays. If they visibly infest my Sim's apartment, make my Sim miserable, and maybe need to have something done about them or need cleaning up after, make living in an infested place a bit different from a noninfested one, they "do" something for me. In fact, they'd be doing pretty much what they'd do in real life. You seem to have a particularly high bar for what constitutes meaningful gameplay.

<-- has had mice often, but at least not rats? though I've seen them outside other people's houses on my street... some day...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've seen LGR's review and I'm still hyped. Getting ready to take my nap so I'm ready to play at midnight.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2016
    Is this game worth $40
    Depends on the individual, I paid less for mine through discounts and not at full price and it was worth it for me.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm excited for it but I know that after a week I'll probably lose interest again. It's sad but it's the truth. My plan is to not do every single new thing in this pack all in one play session.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I'm excited for it but I know that after a week I'll probably lose interest again. It's sad but it's the truth. My plan is to not do every single new thing in this pack all in one play session.

this is so true. thats why when i get board of sims 4 i go back to sims 3.
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I've see LGR's review and I'm still hyped. Getting ready to take my nap so I'm ready to play at midnight.

I also saw his review. It looks good.
  • Options

Whether they "do" something is going to depend on how each person plays. If they visibly infest my Sim's apartment, make my Sim miserable, and maybe need to have something done about them or need cleaning up after, make living in an infested place a bit different from a noninfested one, they "do" something for me. In fact, they'd be doing pretty much what they'd do in real life. You seem to have a particularly high bar for what constitutes meaningful gameplay.

<-- has had mice often, but at least not rats? though I've seen them outside other people's houses on my street... some day...

I don't think that I'm over reaching. In previous versions pest infestations (flies and roaches) could actually cause a death if untreated. Past history of the Sims also has the guinea pig bite causing problems (and that was an amazing 16 years ago). Maybe I'm not expecting so much, maybe you're happy with less and I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. People expect different things. I just think an animation and a mood of some kind are short changing the players.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

I don't think that I'm over reaching. In previous versions pest infestations (flies and roaches) could actually cause a death if untreated. Past history of the Sims also has the guinea pig bite causing problems (and that was an amazing 16 years ago). Maybe I'm not expecting so much, maybe you're happy with less and I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. People expect different things. I just think an animation and a mood of some kind are short changing the players.

Maybe you want to take this somewhere else since this is a hype thread and you have plenty other places to post critics.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I've literally ditched all the other towns now I have San Myshuno :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited October 2016
    SimChickee wrote: »
    SimChickee wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think I will be bored within a week.

Me too, I am afraid of this... I preorded, but I have an eerie feeling it will be a week and I will be over it.

It was my hubbies money hahha so it's all on him if its no good

You do not need to justify your money spending habits or your concerns over City Living to anyone. Some people just can not resist replying abruptly when they see people who are justifiably thoughtful on how the game play will be in City Living.

Not everyone likes the same thing and likewise everyone is allowed to post their thoughts and feedback and like and dislikes and so on.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

I don't think you are over reaching either considering the kind of game play in previous iterations. I do think, however you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you expect that kind of depth from The Sims 4. I think it is pretty clear that currently this is not the direction the development team are taking.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    I've see LGR's review and I'm still hyped. Getting ready to take my nap so I'm ready to play at midnight.

I also saw his review. It looks good.

I saw his review and as always thought the review was pretty great. Always love LGR's chair obsession! @SimGuruGraham even seemed to like LGR's chair obsession. lol

• Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'm also excited for this EP, I've spent the last few weeks reading the forum while being offline, not for any reason, if I'd had something to contribute I'd have logged in but was happy just reading information & opinions before and after work but I've seen the general consensus of this pack.

I've also seen some reviews tonight from people who got it early and I'm not put off yet, I'm from the UK though so my only dissapointment is waiting an extra day (officially anyway I probably won't get to play until the morning after the 11pm release so it'll be 2 days extra wait I think)
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    I'm also excited for this EP, I've spent the last few weeks reading the forum while being offline, not for any reason, if I'd had something to contribute I'd have logged in but was happy just reading information & opinions before and after work but I've seen the general consensus of this pack.

I've also seen some reviews tonight from people who got it early and I'm not put off yet, I'm from the UK though so my only dissapointment is waiting an extra day (officially anyway I probably won't get to play until the morning after the 11pm release so it'll be 2 days extra wait I think)

Soon all of us will be playing :smile: at least the waiting gave me time to sort out my mods.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Pre-ordered (by 12 hours, lol) through CDKeys (£23.99)... Just waiting on code now :( - They best send it before 11 pm.