Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot trait picture

This is my simself watching Iron Chef with the Homey trait on the lot. At first I thought her head was going to explode!

14590479_1334365919931464_8174717130425171252_n.jpg?oh=bfef18b560dd8f79d7ea2a5b7b699018&oe=589BADCD

Anyone got some fun screens from your games with the new traits?
Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
Twitch: ForgottenAmber
Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
#BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    yes here is mine, I started a brand new game, I'm going to be getting her ready for City living. here she is writing her first book,
    10-28-16_12-20-19nbspAM_zpsduw7cmhm.png
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    @feetinstockings I love it!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    @poeticnebula Thank you. when I went into cas there was a bloke there, but I like to start with females. so I changed the setting and there she was, I didn't change a thing but her clothes. I'll get more pics of her later. I hope more simmers put their pics up.
  • Options
    I hope more do too! I love seeing other people's games cause it gives me ideas! :)

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not to be a party pooper but I hope there's more to it than icons and sparkles around their heads (which I hate with a passion, also in Sims 3)?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,022 Member
    I hope more do too! I love seeing other people's games cause it gives me ideas! :)

This! I love seeing people share.
  • Options
    I don't mind seeing it, though I think with a large house hold it may become annoying. but there is a cheat to hide it.
    and I love seeing other simmers game play pics.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Not to be a party pooper but I hope there's more to it than icons and sparkles around their heads (which I hate with a passion, also in Sims 3)?

My sim was learning much faster with the lot trait on. I think the sparkles were just to let you know that your sim was getting the benefit. I'm just starting to test it out and mostly want to add the traits to community lots but it's a very nice addition to my game!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

My sim was learning much faster with the lot trait on. I think the sparkles were just to let you know that your sim was getting the benefit. I'm just starting to test it out and mostly want to add the traits to community lots but it's a very nice addition to my game!
    Ok, thanks, I'm glad it's more! And as I understand it headlineeffects off do work in TS4 which is better, much better.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It reminds me of TS2 Seasons skill boost :)
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Ok, thanks, I'm glad it's more! And as I understand it headlineeffects off do work in TS4 which is better, much better.

Is that the cheat to turn it off? I usually only use build mode cheats but I might want to use that depending on how much I use the lot traits.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    I cant wait til my update completes! :D Its taking forever but atleast its past half way at 58%
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Heads up (no pun intended) that headlineeffects cheat, as of yesterday's patch, won't turn off the particles. Tested yesterday as I take screenshots for storylines. I have not tried the method of where you go into the files to manipulate the numbers though. (Bin file?)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    Here are my two sims getting their lot boosts.

jAtt5gZ.png
    ZqOCRtM.png
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I thought the particles were because of the challenge? They usually do that when it's about to end. That's the only time they seem to do that I think or am I thinking of something else.
  • Options
    nualla8673 wrote: »

Thank you for posting! Is it just me or do they look happier when doing those activities than before? It could just be that I'm focusing on them more. LOL

@asouthernwriter These particles are for the lot traits and show up when your sim is doing a specific activity that a trait boosts.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    @poeticnebula - oh okay, thanks for the clarification. :)
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2016
    nualla8673 wrote: »

Thank you for posting! Is it just me or do they look happier when doing those activities than before? It could just be that I'm focusing on them more. LOL

@asouthernwriter These particles are for the lot traits and show up when your sim is doing a specific activity that a trait boosts.

Yes, I do believe they look happier! My active sim immediately gets energized when I have him perform any type of workout activity on the lot. It's great!
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    My sim even cleaned the bathroom sink without being directed and she doesn't have the clean trait.
  • Options
    My sim even cleaned the bathroom sink without being directed and she doesn't have the clean trait.

Yeah, my simself went and cleaned the shower and that is so out of character! ROFL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    xMintxMint Posts: 175 Member
    This is going to annoy me when I'm just trying to take pictures, I can feel it...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    xMint wrote: »
    This is going to annoy me when I'm just trying to take pictures, I can feel it...

Same, which is why I'm just not gonna use these traits so much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,563 Member
    You'd think after all this time, the devs would have an inkling about what is likely to annoy a lot of people and what lots of people are likely to love. But apparently, they still don't have a clue.
  • Options
    someone clever will come up with the cheat to disable the whirly things. :)
    personally I don't mind them. But I can understand while others might, after all we don't have those whirly things in RL.