Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ryan's Lots & Rooms - p48 - New Lot - Springy Gardens (Finally Back)

Comments

• Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

I love your tiny houses, dear! <3
    So cute, lovely and pretty all of them!
    My favourite one is ECOnomic Green. I really like the desing.

HUGS :)
    xxx
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Hi Ryan <3
    I think that it is really cool that you built a set of different starters - (I have a thing for them) always wanted to do that, never got to it tho :D They are all very cool, I think my favorite has to be ECOnomic Green. Or maybe Started between Centuries :D Great design on such a small houses. They look great and for sure will be using them in my game, as I have not many of my own.
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Hi Rye! :) I love building starter homes and your set of starters is amazing! My favourite one is Started Between Centuries, it looks so nice! :blush:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Five fabulous little starters all very cute and of different architectural styles. Hard to pick a favorite but the little Tuscan build is utterly charming. xox Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Lovely starter homes in different styles! Good job with the decor and the architecture! Will be adding to my favourites when I get the chance to open the game. <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you so much dears @AIRIS6962, @vethesims, @Miliksim, @follyfoot, and @yanti68! I'm so pleased and glad you liked my starter home builds. Hope you're having a wonderful week! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hello my Simming friends, I'm back with a new lot build to share! But before that, I wanna say Happy Halloween to everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday! :smiley:
    As for my next build, it is a spooky cottage for a family. This also fit for Newcrest.
    Again, Happy Halloween and hope you enjoy this build! :smiley:

Lot #40: Spooktale Hallows
    Lot Size: 30X20
    Lot Type: Residential
    Required Contents: Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room Stuff, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
    You can download this lot here. (Edited with a new link. I re-upload the build to fix the sprandel. I will fix the album later.)

Lot Features:
    >Welcome to Spooktale Hallows, a haunted but cozy three-bedroom and three-bathroom cottage. Perfect for a family. Each bedroom has it's own study area.
    >Entering this lot is a flowery fountain around the path and a grassy gravestone area. Form the porch is a small seating area with a chessboard for recreation.
    >First floor start with a small foyer with a mirror, a pumpkin carving station, and a chest box. From the right, there's a living room with a study and a full bathroom with a tub, a shower, and a bench.
    >From the right is a kitchen & dining area on south with a bar, a chef station where Sims can also cook experimental foods, and a coffee machine. From north is a breakfast nook. You can also call it as a family dining area.
    >Backyard has a garden where Sim can grow crops and a grill area. There's also foggy graveyard between it.
    >Going up to a second floor is a small bench here. There's also a small bathroom in this floor. There's a kids bedroom that contains a toy box and two skeleton bears. Teens bedroom also has an en-suite bath. There's also a grim guitar in this room. And a masters bedroom has a canopy bed, a fireplace seating area, and a closet area with a chest.
    >This lot costs §185,256. This is also perfect for Newcrest.

Traits: There are no lot traits for this build as there's no Cursed trait. But you can add other traits you want and you can also add a cursed trait if you own City Living when it releases.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >One of my major challenges is an architecture. Yeah, I thought building Halloween houses is fun after I built Creepy Creekside Manor, until I realized that I was so struggling with it. I thought I would skip my Halloween build this year, but thankfully, I am so happy with my shell after all of my trial and errors.
    >Another challenge is pressure. I finally started this build but in a few days left before Halloween. I was so worried if I could finish it before October ends. :scream: Thankfully I finally managed to push myself and finish this build.
    >After the City Living patch, I discovered a painful bug where terrain paints vanished completely upon placing a lot. It was frustrates me a little more, especially it's almost the end of Halloween season. However, I have no choice to upload it. I hope EA/Maxis is fixing an issue ASAP.

Tags: #dark #cozy #spooky #gothic #haunted #halloween #cottage #house #home #family #newcrest #graveyard #nocc #gettogether #outdoorretreat #spookystuff #romanticgarden #moo #debug #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Screenshots:
    01_zpscjq5xwgv.png
    04_zpsjav8deya.png
    More pictures here.

Important Warning: After the City Living patch, there was a bug where terrain paints vanished completely upon placing. This was affected on all lots that have terrain paints. Until we didn't have a patch that can fix an issue, I suggest that this build is for your eyes only. But you can download and place it at your own risk.

Warning: Please turn on MOO (bb.moveobjects) before placing the lot, some ivies will be lost upon placing. Thank you!
    Note: Please do not re-upload, I'd been stolen before. Thank you! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Spooktale Hallows looks so very great ! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing and the tower looks very great! The ghost looks spooky placed on the roof! The greenery on the exterior walls adds a great look to the build. The type and placement of the windows looks very nice! Very nice roof covered front porch. The spooky themed lights look nice along the edge of the porch roofing. Nice sitting area on the porch. Sims will have fun playing chess at the table there.The flower and planter box windows look very nice. The spider webs on the exterior and interior walls look spookily great! The floral sculpture is a nice touch in the front garden. The tombstones and pumpkins nook area looks great! Very nice back patio area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the dining table in the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes, The foggy graveyard looks great!
    Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The coat shelf and shoes racks are a nice touch near the front door. Sims will enjoy carving on the pumpkin carving station. Very nice living room! The red colour scheme looks very nice. Sims will enjoy resting on the spooky themed sofa and armchairs there watching tv and reading a book in front of the fire. The grandfather clock and books on the table are nice home touches there. Very nice study desk nook! The bookcases look great placed either sides of the desk. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. Very first floor bathroom. The wall tiling and red curtains look very nice there. The design of the kitchen looks great! Nice bar stool counter area. It looks great how the cabinets have been placed around the fridge to create a nook. Very nice windows dining area alcove! The type and placement of the curtains there looks very nice. The teaset is a homely touch on the table. The ceiling lights add a nice look to the room and the pattrned floor rug looks nice under the table. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The kids room looks great! The skeleton bears are cute! The ghost wall pattern gives a great look to the room and the orange colour scheme looks very nice. Kids will have fun doing artwork on the activity table. Very nice furnishing of the study, ensuite and bed areas of the teen bedroom. The fireplace sitting area in the master bedroom is very nice! The photos are a nice touch on the wall. It is nice that there is a computer study desk nook in the room. The wall pattern is very nice. The walk in clothes and shoes closet is great!
    It is a very nice Halloween build! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, Spooktale Hallows is a fantastic build perfect for Halloween :) Wonderful architecture, so intricate and unique and I love all the attention to detail. Awesome work with the misty graveyard, the ghost looks very quirky overlooking the build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Hi dear Ryan :)
    Well, u might have struggled but the architecture looks great :) For this one, I can only see the pictures tho, because I do not have the spooky pack :#
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thank you dear @rosemow, I really love reading your comments, they really made my wonderful day! :smiley: *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @masajo! Glad you liked the build, especially the graveyard and the ghost on a roof. Spooky homes won't be spooky without a ghost on roofs, haha! ;D Just like Creepy Creekside Manor, if you remember (Never mind! I think I'm the one who forgot about the build and I apologize. :flushed: But I used the ghost gnome in that build, of course!). About the graveyard, Adding a fog would also make it more spooky. Hope we will get debug fog emitters someday. Right now, I used the steam emitter thing from Get Together EP to add some foggy effect. Anywyas, thanks again for the support, much appreciated! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @Miliksim! Yeah, planning an architecture for me is not always easy, but fun! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 Hope you will able to buy Spooky Stuff pack soon, there are so many great spooky items, even some cute ones. ;)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Spooktale Hallows is an Awesome home for Halloween, Rye! Love the architecture with the tall tower and overhanging window on the side. Very nice layout and colors for the interior. I really love the creepy graveyard with the imposing statue. Nice work with the landscaping and ivy on the walls too. :blush:

It really is a shame about the issue with the terrain paint going missing... I REALLY hope they resolve that fast. I use paint in so many of my builds and it takes a bit of time, to get it to look JUST the way you want it to...then to find out after all that work...gone! Sigh. Let's just cross our fingers, it's fixable.

Happy Halloween Rye! I'm so glad you were able to finish your home in time :blush:<3
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Spooktale Hallows looks really amazing! A great lot for Halloween <3
    I like the story behind as well.
    I did noticed the terrain paint issue too, and I have some finished lots waiting for they fix, to upload them.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    Hi I'm happy to get to see your spooky house finished for Halloween, it has great atmosphere! I saw it in the WIP thread before, I'm really liking how it turned out! The shell and the architecture look great with the tower and all the different details, I like the autumn-color details in the exterior. The challenges in the building process are very relatable! The interior decoration fits the theme as well, and I thought the pumpkin orange theme in Kids room was cute. The garden area is nice for growing harvestables, Minecraft has pumpkins I hope we could grow pumpkins in this game too! :)

The terrain paints vanishing has frustrated me as well! I hope for a fix too, I didn't realize what was wrong when it happened.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    cdnnikicdnniki Posts: 11 New Member
    Love the look of Spooky Hallows. Reminds me of those pictures you see where it says....would you live here??? Great builds...glad to be following you in the gallery and on here.
  • Options
    Thank you dear @WrathofCath! I'm so glad you liked the architecture, especially the tower. I'm also glad you liked the graveyard too, spooky builds won't be spooky without a graveyard, of course! ;) Anyways, thanks for the comments on this build, so much appreciated! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 I do also hope for the terrain paint bug to be fixed, I can't take this empty terrain anymore! So sorry about this happen to your recent WIP! <3

Thank you dear @AIRIS6962! Glad you liked my build and even the description of this build too! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 I do also hope for the terrain paint bug to be fixed, I can't take this empty terrain anymore!

Thank you dear @Nellythekidd! So happy you stopped-by on my thread and commented on my build! Yes, I really appreciated your comment on my WIP and even my finished build here! I thought about having pumpkins on front garden would be spooktastically pretty! Yeah, I do hope we have a harvest-able pumpkin in game, would be a great addition though. Anyways, thank you so much for the comments and each of the details too, so much appreciated! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 I do also hope for the terrain paint bug to be fixed, I can't take this empty terrain anymore!

Thank you dear @cdnniki! So happy to see and know you! Glad you found my thread too! Thanks also for the comments on my Halloween build and yes, you can live here, as long as you don't stay at night or the ghosts will haunt this build, haha! ;D Anyways, thanks so much for the follow too, it was so appreciated! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hello my Simming friends, I'm back not for a new build but for another revision from the existing builds. :smiley:
    If you remember my modern room set and my traditional room set that were showcased last year, well, I had a revision in each style.
    Each of these are my kitchens, they were adjusted and redecorated. So hope you enjoy my revisions! :smiley:

stVrG48.png
    Room Name: Cook From The 50's (This was revised from the original, now called as Cook From The 50's v2)
    Type: Kitchen
    Size: 8X7
    Price: §18,741
    Tags: #elegant #red #black #white #retro #50s #kitchen #dining #nocc #gettowork #dineout #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen

More Pictures:
    tNGl0kK.png
    RfOTYtD.png
    OpWdZky.png

OM3wNLw.png
    Room Name: Hungry For Berries (This was revised from the original, now called as Hungry For Berries v2)
    Size: 8X6
    Price: §19,964
    Tags: #pink #blue #cute #indulging #dessert #berries #strawberry #blueberry #traditional #kitchen #dining #nocc #gettogether #coolkitchen #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get Together, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room Stuff

More Pictures:
    8YfCos8.png
    Vlnr1lG.png
    0PNY5YP.png

Before Pictures:
    gqeUySU.png
    SYtW5F5.png

Note: Please do not re-upload. I'd been stolen before. Thank you. :)
    Please see the next post for notes on how they were revised.
  • Options
    Me again, telling you some notes from my room revisions, here goes:
    * I added v2 on names to know everyone that they are revised from the original.
    * The shape and size of each of these were adjusted.
    * Each of these were refurnished and redecorated, meaning the revised ones are cheaper than the original.
    * I removed the poster on kitchen area in Hungry For Berries because of this tips from SimsVIP, telling that having posters on kitchen would be unrealistic, which I completely agree.
    * The pack I used are also changed. Most contents are from Cool Kitchen Stuff. Meaning, it was goodbye Outdoor Retreat in Cook From The 50's and goodbye Get to Work in Hungry For Berries.
    * I removed the original ones to focus the revised ones.

Well, that's all of the revised notes from the original rooms builds you saw. If I'm missing some, please let me know. Thanks! :)
    Now, I'm going to complete the 2016 series of modern, traditional, and children's rooms before it's December. Have a wonderful week! :smiley:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Fantastic revisions to your two kitchens, the items from Cool Kitchen have really transformed the rooms beautifully :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Both of your revised kitchens look very nice! :) The changes made look great!
    The new long dining table in the first kitchen looks very nice, and the bar stool counter is great for sims to enjoy sitting at and having a drink. The musical themed pictures are a nice touch on the wall. The juke box nook is great! The plants look nice placed either sides of the juke box to create a nook. Sims will enjoy listening to the music whilst dining at the table. The wooden flooring in the dining area gives a nice look to the room.
    Your second kitchen is very pretty! The revisions that you have made are very nice! Very nice blue and pink colour scheme, like the original room. The flowers look pretty on the bar stool counter. It is great that there is an ice cream machine in the kitchen. Very nice stove and microwave nooks. The new curtains look nice. The new dining table is nice for sims to sit at and enjoy eating a meal. The cake display item is a nice touch on the table top.
    The kitchens are very nice rooms for cooking and dining! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Love your revisions, Rye! :blush:<3

I think the new flooring for Cook From the 50's works very nicely. I like the separation for the dining area from the work area. I'm glad you kept the stacked corner counters. They look so cool B)

I like the changes to Hungry For Berries too. They're more subtle but I really do like the counter layout and the smaller dining table. The flowers on the counter give a nice welcoming touch, to the kitchen.

I think it's Fabulous that both kitchens are now less expensive. If I could manage that in RL, I'd probably re-do my own kitchen :p

Good luck with your kids rooms, Rye! Hope you get everything you want done on time :smile:<3
  • Options
    Thank you dear @masajo! Yes, a Cool Kitchen items really give a great polish of my kitchen rooms. Glad you liked these! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @rosemow for the comments on my revisions! I'm so sorry if it was harsh but it was a quite shame you now wrote "1st", "2nd", and so on and not the names when I showcase multiple builds (but not for other builders) for the second time after your comments on my five starter home builds. I was afraid about when I'm going to complete my room sets either. But I really appreciated your time to give lovely comments on my builds. :) Thank you! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @WrathofCath! Glad you liked my revisions! Yeah, the stacked counters, I really love the idea on it back when I build the 50's kitchen. I haven't used that idea on my other builds unfortunately, but I will consider using the idea on my future builds (hopefully). Maybe on mid-century modern builds. Anyways, thank you, really appreciated! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 And lol, not only kid's rooms. :D I will also complete my set of modern rooms and traditional rooms too. But thanks for the good lucks, hope I will finish it before the year ends. :)
  • Options
    Hello
    I am sorry :( I didn't mean to upset you by writing a number instead of the name of the build. I won't do that again. I am so very sorry :(
  • Options
    Please don't feel bad, dear @rosemow, and no worries about it! :relaxed: I'm not upset and just wanted to give it as a trial. But I always appreciated your loveliness and kindness though. Sending big warm hugs to you! :)<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hello my Simming friend, I'm back for two complete sets of my rooms! :smiley:
    Before that, remember my modern room set that I posted last year which I formerly called as Ryan's Modern Rooms Vol. 1? Well, I revisited the whole set to add two new to make it six instead of four and rename the set. I'm re-posting the old four here too so you get redirected to a far page from here and avoid cluttering.
    These rooms are were built with packs that are released in 2016 and older. Hope you enjoy the whole set! :smiley::smiley: Oh and if you already commented on my first four, you don't have to comment on them again. :)

9fWSw2d.png
    Room Set #2: Ryan's Modern Rooms 2016
    Description: A series of my six modern styled rooms built in The Sims 4 with packs released in 2016 and older.

stVrG48.png
    Room #1: Cook From The 50's (This was revised from the original, now called as Cook From The 50's v2)
    Size: 8X7
    Price: §18,741
    Tags: #elegant #red #retro #50s #kitchen #dining #nocc #gettowork #dineout #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen

3PMeHlw.png
    Room #2: Choco Fudge Bath
    Type: Bathroom
    Size: 5X7
    Price: §2,860
    Tags: #brown #luxury #indulging #chocolate #choco #modern #bathroom #nocc #moo #playtested #RyeRooms #simsfriends #karamustafa
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work

yGAAIoh.png
    Room #3: Stronger Minds
    Type: Combined Gym & Study (In game, it was under Study)
    Size: 7X8
    Price: §24,019
    Tags: #red #masculine #modern #study #gym #male #men #nocc #moo #debug #playtested #RyeRooms #simsfriends #karamustafa (I forgot to put #blue)
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat

sQsTsZN.png
    Room #4: Underwater Teen Dreams :star:
    Type: Teens' Bedroom (In game, it was under Bedroom)
    Size: 6X7
    Price: §20,549
    Tags: #blue #underwater #ocean #rustic #modern #teens #bedroom #boys #nocc #moo #debug #playtested #RyeRooms (I forgot to put #simsfriends #karamustafa)
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat

v3XrXGp.png
    Room #5: Top of the Future
    Type: Rooftop/Balcony (In the gallery, it was under Outdoors)
    Size: 8X9
    Price: §21,503
    Tags: #sleek #black #white #luxury #scifi #futuristic #future #modern #rooftop #balcony #mediumwall #skylight #nocc #gettogether #cityliving #spaday #perfectpatio #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get Together, City Living, Spa Day, Perfect Patio

hKKqZhC.png
    Room #6: Basement Gaming Factory
    Type: Basement Game Room (In the gallery, it was under Career & Misc.)
    Size: 8X9
    Price: §52,116
    Tags: #black #white #industrial #modern #basement #gaming #gameroom #mediumwall #gamer #nocc #gettowork #gettogether #cityliving #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #avenue5
    Download Link
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living (Only expansion packs)

More pictures of these rooms here.

Note: Please do not re-upload. I'd been stolen before. Thank you. :)
    Reminder: If you already commented my first four rooms that I showcased last year, you don't have to comment on them again except the 50's kitchen that I revised (for those who haven't commented the revised one). Thank you! :)

Personal Question: Is Choco Fudge Bath still your favorite? If not and going to replace with these two new, Which one is your favorite?