Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community Thread [WE HAVE MOVED!]

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    What's your model?
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Macs aren't that bad for work personally I'd think. (says a mac user)

But when it comes to gaming, just forget about it. That's why I've switched to PC for simming. :p

My Mac keeps crashing just because of a large Photoshop file! D: It's bologna!

... I don't really know. Got to check it next week though.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    The poll results for the biggest villain are in:

http://simsrealityshowcountdowns.blogspot.com/2016/10/october-2016.html

Will update the Survivor draft soon

Also for the November, how about the "Top Ten Reality Show Contestants You'd Want At Your Side In A Zombie Apocalypse"?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    My Team
    Lucy- 12
    CeCe- 14
    Taylor- 17 + 2 + 2= 21
    Will- 17 + 3 + 2= 22

Skelda's Team
    David- 19 + 3 + 2 = 22
    Hannah- 17 + 3 + 2= 22
    Jessica L.- 14 + 2 + 2= 18
    Rachel- Zero

Lo's Team
    Bret- 14 + 3 + 2 = 19
    Michaela- 17 + 3 + 2 = 22
    Zeke- 17 + 2 = 19
    Ken- 14 + 2 + 2= 18

Team Turner -
    Adam- 17 + 2 + 2= 21
    Jay- 17 + 3 + 2= 22
    Jessica "Figgy"- 17 + 2 + 2= 21
    Chris- 14 + 2 = 16

Team Twidz -
    Sunday- 14 + 3 + 2= 19
    Mari- Five
    Paul- Seven
    Michelle- 17 + 2= 19

Total Points
    My Team- 69
    Skelda's Team: 62
    Lo's Team: 78
    Turner's Team: 80
    Twiddle's Team: 50

Three points for every tribal immunity challenge somebody wins.
    Two points for every tribal immunity challenge somebody comes second in.
    Five points for every individual immunity challenge somebody wins.
    Two points for every reward challenge somebody wins (Both tribal and individual).
    One point for getting picked on a reward.
    Three points for finding a hidden immunity idol.
    Three points for playing a hidden immunity idol successfully (in a way that impacts who goes home).
    Two points for not getting eliminated in the episode.
    Seven points for making it to the merge.
    Triple the amount of points for being the winner of the season.
    Five Points for being the runner-up(s) of the season.

Updated Draft
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    This was a somewhat enjoyable episode I thought. I liked the swap and Cece wasn't that exciting so I was fine with her leaving.

Michaela is 99% the winner for me at this point, I would be really surprised if she didn't win. The only other one who has a chance is Ken, but Gen X was a less developed tribe and Michaela is getting a lot of really unnecessary content. I don't think some of her scenes would be edited so positively if she didn't win.
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Skelda wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Two points for every reward challenge somebody wins (Both tribal and individual).
    One point for finding a clue to an Immunity Idol.
    Three points for playing a hidden immunity idol successfully (in a way that impacts who goes home).
    One point for not getting any votes at tribal council this week (without being immune or playing your idol).
    Twenty points for being the winner of the season.
    Five points for making it to the finale.
    One point for reading tree mail.

I believe this is the point system we came up with Cambodia with the exception of the higher placement points which doesn't really apply to this season

This is fine. I think this could be simplified to make it easier though. I'm definitely down, I'm not as excited about this Survivor season though. Koah Rong and Cambodia were both very good in different ways, but this cast just isn't doing it for me right now. I don't know why, I'm not connecting with them. Koah Rong and Cambodia both had amazing casts and this cast just feels...meh.

I thought the same thing with this seasons cast. I think it's because we've been spoiled with two very good casts over the last few seasons and then this season when the cast does'nt hold up aswell on first impressions compared to Cambodia and Koah Rong it's noticeable. I'm hoping some of the more interesting ones dont get booted early.
    I don't understand this whole Generation VS Generation debacle..I've never met a Gen Xer who bashed millenials and vice-versa.

About those two posts,
    1. I feel like this cast is likable. There is no Jason/Scot/Rodney/Dan/Will jumping out at me. I feel like after Worlds Apart and Kaoh Rong, then Survivor realized that they should be casting less "bully"-like villains and there isn't really somebody jumping out at me as "unnecessary" airtime chewer (such as Phillip, both of the Hantz family members, Spencer, etc.). I mean David has been making the most amount of airtime out of everybody but he seems to be doing stuff as finding two idols, blindsiding Lucy, grouping a band of misfits together, etc. while he doesn't jump out for being an airtime chewer.

2. The Millenials vs. Gen X thing in terms of their values was kinda getting old. I never really thought myself as millennial and people stating such as "As a millennial, I _____________" kinda comes across a bit narm-ish. Jeff Probst asking Sunday how she spells the word you when she is texting somebody kinda was the worst offender of that. Fortunately, the tribal swap kinda fixes that as the tribes are not split by generations anymore thus we have less of that.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Well... AuSurvivor was a big hit :P And I saw an ad tonight asking for applications for Season 2 :P So you can bet your bottom dollar that this gameshow fanatic from the forums is gonna do everything he can to get in next season ;)

I mean :P Its like going to a job interview with experience... We've all played these games so much that we're like experts now XD At least I see it that way. So I'm SURE that'll come in handy :P
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Well... AuSurvivor was a big hit :P And I saw an ad tonight asking for applications for Season 2 :P So you can bet your bottom dollar that this gameshow fanatic from the forums is gonna do everything he can to get in next season ;)

I mean :P Its like going to a job interview with experience... We've all played these games so much that we're like experts now XD At least I see it that way. So I'm SURE that'll come in handy :P

OMG! Yes! (Just make sure to prepare yourself physically and mentally. One thing which is barely covered here is the survival aspect, and the impact it has on your body and mind.) Maybe yoga?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member

Yeah, for sure. I know on Big Brother US ORG players have a terrible record and tend to play too fast, but I think it definitely translates better for Survivor. Good luck! However, Australian Survivor is a long game (much longer than US Survivor) and you can't emerge as a threat too early like Pheobe and expect to win. So I'd recommend just taking it slow in the beginning, our games go faster than the ones in real life (and slower, but our time commited to the game is basically all strategy). Overplaying is going to be your biggest worry if you actually were to make it on.

Good luck! And a lot of people are probably applying right now so dont be discouraged if you don't make. Try to just make yourself into a one-dimensional tv character, like we had to do for Turner's mole. The adjective noun. You want to spell out how you'd fit into their tribe as a person, don't just focus on how big of a fan you are and on how you play these things with us. Just focus on what makes you unique and on your personality rather than on things other than you.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member

I quite enjoyed watching AuSurvivor, It kinda reminded me of the early seasons of the US Survivor which was a nice change and a breath of fresh air. Plus now there's two different versions of Survivor to watch each year which is always a bonus, So i'm looking forward to next season.

Wish you luck in getting cast for season 2 Haylo, It would be great to see a Reality show player from the forums on Survivor. We will definetley be rooting for you if you make it. :mrgreen:

Makes me wish we had a U.K version of Survivor, I'd probs give it a go. (Despite being completley out of my element) :p

Like Skelda and Vul said, I think the best thing to do is to be prepared both mentally and physically. I spent 3 days camping in North Wales once and came home feeling like i'd just been through hell on earth (I had flashbacks for weeks with the mud/rain/freezing cold/frostbite..... Might be exaggerating abit there) :D So i can imagine how tough it is out there for 39 days+

You gotta be one tough cookie. :)

Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Skelda wrote: »
    One point for finding a clue to an Immunity Idol.
    One point for not getting any votes at tribal council this week (without being immune or playing your idol).
    Twenty points for being the winner of the season.
    Five points for making it to the finale.
    One point for reading tree mail.

I believe this is the point system we came up with Cambodia with the exception of the higher placement points which doesn't really apply to this season

This is fine. I think this could be simplified to make it easier though. I'm definitely down, I'm not as excited about this Survivor season though. Koah Rong and Cambodia were both very good in different ways, but this cast just isn't doing it for me right now. I don't know why, I'm not connecting with them. Koah Rong and Cambodia both had amazing casts and this cast just feels...meh.

I thought the same thing with this seasons cast. I think it's because we've been spoiled with two very good casts over the last few seasons and then this season when the cast does'nt hold up aswell on first impressions compared to Cambodia and Koah Rong it's noticeable. I'm hoping some of the more interesting ones dont get booted early.
    I don't understand this whole Generation VS Generation debacle..I've never met a Gen Xer who bashed millenials and vice-versa.

About those two posts,
    1. I feel like this cast is likable. There is no Jason/Scot/Rodney/Dan/Will jumping out at me. I feel like after Worlds Apart and Kaoh Rong, then Survivor realized that they should be casting less "bully"-like villains and there isn't really somebody jumping out at me as "unnecessary" airtime chewer (such as Phillip, both of the Hantz family members, Spencer, etc.). I mean David has been making the most amount of airtime out of everybody but he seems to be doing stuff as finding two idols, blindsiding Lucy, grouping a band of misfits together, etc. while he doesn't jump out for being an airtime chewer.

2. The Millenials vs. Gen X thing in terms of their values was kinda getting old. I never really thought myself as millennial and people stating such as "As a millennial, I _____________" kinda comes across a bit narm-ish. Jeff Probst asking Sunday how she spells the word you when she is texting somebody kinda was the worst offender of that. Fortunately, the tribal swap kinda fixes that as the tribes are not split by generations anymore thus we have less of that.
    Yeah, I'm kinda liking the cast more as the season goes on. Some of the people i thought i would like have'nt really lived up to expectations (Paul/Mari/Sunday for now) while others who i did'nt think i'd like have suprisingly grown on me through the episodes. David and Michaela especially, David reminds me a little bit of an older version of myself personality wise. At first when i read his Bio/ Watched his vid i did'nt think he'd be one of my favs but for now he's one of my top 3 characters this season. Michaela has been alot more of a fun character than i thought she would be, So i'm rooting for her too (I'm also sensing a winner's edit for her too so we'll have to see how that plays out)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

I quite enjoyed watching AuSurvivor, It kinda reminded me of the early seasons of the US Survivor which was a nice change and a breath of fresh air. Plus now there's two different versions of Survivor to watch each year which is always a bonus, So i'm looking forward to next season.

Wish you luck in getting cast for season 2 Haylo, It would be great to see a Reality show player from the forums on Survivor. We will definetley be rooting for you if you make it. :mrgreen:

Makes me wish we had a U.K version of Survivor, I'd probs give it a go. (Despite being completley out of my element) :p

Like Skelda and Vul said, I think the best thing to do is to be prepared both mentally and physically. I spent 3 days camping in North Wales once and came home feeling like i'd just been through plum on earth (I had flashbacks for weeks with the mud/rain/freezing cold/frostbite..... Might be exaggerating abit there) :D So i can imagine how tough it is out there for 39 days+

Yup. Expeditie Robinson (Dutch Survivor), which is also airing now, currently is at that point right before the merge, where people have lost most of their energy and spend half the time just lying on the beach, to not waste all of their power. I'm not sure how much of the decay is shown, but do NOT underestimate it. Quite some of the time which doesn't get aired is people resting.

I got an idea for a personality which would fit you: the social glue, the person keeping the group together. A bit like the mascot type from those Zombie Apocalypse teams from a while ago.

Banner.png
  • Options

Like Skelda and Vul said, I think the best thing to do is to be prepared both mentally and physically. I spent 3 days camping in North Wales once and came home feeling like i'd just been through plum on earth (I had flashbacks for weeks with the mud/rain/freezing cold/frostbite..... Might be exaggerating abit there) :D So i can imagine how tough it is out there for 39 days+

Yup. Expeditie Robinson (Dutch Survivor), which is also airing now, currently is at that point right before the merge, where people have lost most of their energy and spend half the time just lying on the beach, to not waste all of their power. I'm not sure how much of the decay is shown, but do NOT underestimate it. Quite some of the time which doesn't get aired is people resting.

I got an idea for a personality which would fit you: the social glue, the person keeping the group together. A bit like the mascot type from those Zombie Apocalypse teams from a while ago.

Ah yes, I completley forgot about Expeditie Robinson. I was supposed to be catching up on the new season of that aswell (It's on the watch list) so that's another version of Survivor to look out for. :mrgreen:

Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Good luck on signing for Australian Survivor, Haylo. Just some quick tips

1. Make sure you know how to make fire.

2. People from American Survivor always state that that real life survivor is much more tougher than "ORG" stuff/sims reality shows.

Also, a long time ago, I need some Survivor simulator involving all of us in which Haylo stated this-
    HayloHusky wrote:
    The simulator is soooo not realistic on my results! I would've made it at the most to 19th place, with a little bit of luck. :mrgreen: I truly suck at surviving, and I would've probably voluntarily quit at day 2 or 3... *whistles very innocently...*

Then there is me... I wouldn't even apply for the show :lol: So consider me last place :lol:
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

Ah yes, I completley forgot about Expeditie Robinson. I was supposed to be catching up on the new season of that aswell (It's on the watch list) so that's another version of Survivor to look out for. :mrgreen:

Good luck catching up on that - there's no English subtitled version of that. :c (there is of the Dutch Mole though XD.[/url) And if I would pull it off, RTL would claim immediately, the rewatch service, RTLXL, is free only for airings from less than a week. :c

Banner.png
  • Options
    Also, a long time ago, I need some Survivor simulator involving all of us in which Haylo stated this-
    HayloHusky wrote:
    The simulator is soooo not realistic on my results! I would've made it at the most to 19th place, with a little bit of luck. :mrgreen: I truly suck at surviving, and I would've probably voluntarily quit at day 2 or 3... *whistles very innocently...*

Then there is me... I wouldn't even apply for the show :lol: So consider me last place :lol:

Luckily people can change, Jake. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote:

Yeah I kinda thought that it was a bit "Hilarious In Hindsight" that Haylo stated that he wouldn't even apply for the show and now he is applying for Australian Survivor.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

Good luck catching up on that - there's no English subtitled version of that. :c (there is of the Dutch Mole though XD.[/url) And if I would pull it off, RTL would claim immediately, the rewatch service, RTLXL, is free only for airings from less than a week. :c

Ah i see, I think that was the one i was supposed to be catching up on not Survivor. :D Silly me, Got the two mixed up. Mistook the Mole for Survivor. :p
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

Ah i see, I think that was the one i was supposed to be catching up on not Survivor. :D Silly me, Got the two mixed up. Mistook the Mole for Survivor. :p

Can happen. And while you're at it you should rewatch season 8 if you got the time. It's the best one. :smiley: And it's getting the closest to Robinson, the two current hosts, Dennis Weening and Nicolette Kluijver, were candidates on season 8. :3
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote:

Yeah I kinda thought that it was a bit "Hilarious In Hindsight" that Haylo stated that he wouldn't even apply for the show and now he is applying for Australian Survivor.

Maybe the latest season of AuSurvivor changed his mind.....

Let's hope Haylo's prediction of 19th place does'nt happen, If he gets cast we want him to make it to the end. :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote:

Let's hope Haylo's prediction of 19th place does'nt happen, If he gets cast we want him to make it to the end. :mrgreen:

#Root4Haylo
    Banner.png
  • Options
    KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    HayloHusky wrote:

#Root4Haylo

Amen! I wish you the best of luck for your application Haylo, although I doubt you'll need it :P

This whole conversation got me thinking what shows the rest of you would appear on, not sure what would be best for you all though, maybe we could make a list or something? :P
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote:

#Root4Haylo

Amen! I wish you the best of luck for your application Haylo, although I doubt you'll need it :P

This whole conversation got me thinking what shows the rest of you would appear on, not sure what would be best for you all though, maybe we could make a list or something? :P

Great British Bake Off for me, I'll burn some cakes for Mary Berry. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote:

#Root4Haylo

Interesting idea. :)

Hmm, I think I'd sign up for WIDM, for sure. :smiley: Robinson.. maybe, if I work on my survival skills a bit lot more. Peking Expres (Amazing Race) also had reboot sign ups a while ago, but for that I'd need a partner in crime. What also won't work is that most shows are celebrity only. So for that I'd need to become relatively known in a branch first. (if I could pull off to write a new, popular comic, maybe I could try WIDM. :) )

Banner.png
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    #Root4Haylo

It'll be pretty amazing to see you on AusSurvivor, so the best of luck for your application.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    HayloHusky wrote:

#Root4Haylo

Great British Bake Off for me, I'll burn some cakes for Mary Berry. :D

Fun Fact: the name of the replacement host for Heel Holland Bakt, the Dutch version, is heard in a Sims 3 Build Mode song. :) I can look it up...

Edit: This one.

If I'd participated though, that'd probably burn the whole set down. :o
    Banner.png