Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You Love In Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Create A Sim is awesome. The game is beautiful looking
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,556 Member
    Apart from the obvious big things like the gallery and cas etc, there are lots of little touches that I really like.

In previous games, I was always a bit anti-social with my sims cos I was too busy making them work on skills etc. But now my sims are social without me pointing the way, and it encourages me to be more like that with them.

I was just playing a few minutes ago and got the sim dad to sit on the bed with his son, reading him a story (I love the reading story thing), and asked him to give him a kiss on the cheek before he went to sleep. Then the kid autonomously threw his arms around his dads neck and gave him a big hug, it was so sweet.

Sometimes I will have an adult come home from work and their partner will go out to greet them and give them a hug. That's nice.

Yesterday, my sims kid was putting on a puppet show in the park and I asked the dad to go get a hotdog cos he was hungry. He fetched it and brought it all the way back to the seats in front of the puppet show so he could eat and still watch it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Apart from the obvious big things like the gallery and cas etc, there are lots of little touches that I really like.

In previous games, I was always a bit anti-social with my sims cos I was too busy making them work on skills etc. But now my sims are social without me pointing the way, and it encourages me to be more like that with them.

I was just playing a few minutes ago and got the sim dad to sit on the bed with his son, reading him a story (I love the reading story thing), and asked him to give him a kiss on the cheek before he went to sleep. Then the kid autonomously threw his arms around his dads neck and gave him a big hug, it was so sweet.

Sometimes I will have an adult come home from work and their partner will go out to greet them and give them a hug. That's nice.

Yesterday, my sims kid was putting on a puppet show in the park and I asked the dad to go get a hotdog cos he was hungry. He fetched it and brought it all the way back to the seats in front of the puppet show so he could eat and still watch it.

I agree. I really like the sims being social and autonomously going to each other like that. :smile:

Reminds me of the affectionate and sociable sims in Sims 2. ( :heart: )

Love the cute story about the dad and the puppetshow. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2016
    I very vaguely recall that in one my today dreams I liked TS4, maybe my subconscious wants that, on the contrary to my awake mind ;) But, this seems a good opportunity to say what I find nice about the game, despite not liking its direction/vision. It does have a few things worth bringing them to future iterations.

0000Separate hats – that’s much better than them being glued to hair; in older games I find annoying that I can’t use a certain hairstyle
    00000because it involves a hat that doesn’t fit to anything.
    0000Multiple upgrades per object – I like that they improved the upgrade feature from TS3, I find it better that I can apply as many
    00000upgrades as possible instead of being restricted to just one. It’d be nice if they improved it even more in the future,
    00000like upgrading beds and sofas for more energy/comfort.
    0000Splicing plants – a great feature for tiny space in the backyard and busy sims, you can have a variety of fresh produce without a huge
    00000amount of plants to tend.
    0000Gender options – that was a really good addition, it not only made it possible to represent themselves for people who couldn’t
    00000do that before, but also gave players more hair and clothing options, which is always a good thing.
    0000Editable body – it’s nice it’s possible without custom sliders, the possibility of adding uniqueness to body shape is definitely a plus.
    0000New lighting – I like everything realistic-looking in the game, so that’s something I do appreciate. Sadly, I don’t like the cartoony style
    00000of TS4, so that’s the only graphics related thing I like in the game.
    00000Oh, and maybe CAS lighting, and its simple style in general, it looks better than in older games.
    0000CAS/build/buy/load music – it definitely can’t beat TS1, nothing can ever do that, but I think I like it better than TS2 and TS3.

Maybe there are more things I like, but I can’t think of any now. They don’t make me want to play TS4 instead of older games, but I’d be disappointed if they don’t include them in TS5 (of course music will be different, but I hope it’ll be good as well).
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    1.) Graphics.
    They're so cool and amazing ! x1000 better than the other games, IMO
    2.) Gallery.
    It's so cool to be able to download any house, room, or household at your fingertips!
    3.) CAS.
    So easy to make unique and fun sims!
    4.) Build/Buy Mode.
    So easy, even if you stink at building, to make *decent* buildings!
    5.) Little-No Lag.
    You can play this game on almost anything!
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I like the following:

1). Unexpected Events - I love when the unexpected happens in the game. One of biggest complaints have been that Sims don't react as they should for a game based on 'emotions'. Well, what happened in my game the other day, has me re-thinking that statement. My Sim had a small romantic involvement with Alexander Goth. She went on a date with another guy at a restaurant. Alexander Goth must have been in the vicinity to witness this date. He rushed over to the table...my Sim stood up...and boom...he slapped her (ya know the classic Sim slap down). But even more surprising is that my Sims date jumped up & pounced on Alexander & they started fighting. Ha, now the date got his butt kicked by Alexander, but I thought it was super cool to have two non-played Sims interact this way. Wish I had screenshots as it was hilarious...but I think I was in shock like 'did this just happen'.

What you describe is what I like the most, the surprises. The more I play the more I see. Love that you can play one family member and the others acts lovable to each other without prompting them, like Dad coming home from work and he gives the kids a hug.

I love how the Sims are different. I have one "poor" teenager and for the life of me I can't get her grades up, another family all the kids are A students.

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I love that the Sims 4 finally broke me out of my habit of being a collector, previously I used to buy all Sims EPs, SPs, ETC... Even the ones I wasn't really interested in.

Not any more though.
    raw
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I love that the Sims 4 finally broke me out of my habit of being a collector, previously I used to buy all Sims EPs, SPs, ETC... Even the ones I wasn't really interested in.

Not any more though.

I find it amusing how creatively people will turn a positive subject negative. I'm tired of the negativity, personally. Please don't taint the optimistic threads like this.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »

Not any more though.

I find it amusing how creatively people will turn a positive subject negative. I'm tired of the negativity, personally. Please don't taint the optimistic threads like this.

I personally thought it very positive, after all, it means I'm not wasting a fortune in money... And there's nothing bad about THAT.
    raw
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @HowGreatThouArt I'm enjoying the Adult-Child interactions too. They feel a bit more *real* than the standard hugs. A very nice touch. And I'm 100% with you on the styling choices in CAS. I too struggle to find decent normal-looking clothing in TS3 so to have these options in TS4 is very welcome <3

@CK213 The new lighting is absolutely perfect. I really love the way they've done it and can't fault it <3

@RueSault I absolutely agree on the travelling feature. I think this is something that's going to work well with the new pack next month, because you won't feel the pressure to include new lot types in, say, Willow Creek because your sims can go and travel to San Myshuno without it having to be a separate save game. So much better <3 And baking being a separate skill is something I appreciate, too.

@StrawberryYogurt Absolutely. I do like the new CAS, it feels much easier to get unique looking sims <3

@elanorbreton I love the autonomy with interactions. That story was lovely and such a genuine thing to do! I've found they do seem to pay a little more attention to their families in this generation, which is very welcome <3

@Voeille The separate hats feature is something I love. It sounds like such a small thing but it does make a huge difference when it comes to customising the sims themselves <3

@OMGiLoveIceCream The build mode is this game is incredible <3

@mannanna That sounds great, having one sim who's grades just won't budge. Very realistic and it's great to have that kind of diversity in the game. Freshens things up <3

@Evil_One I was asking about things you like IN the game, not about it. There are other threads for that. Please don't derail this one. If you've given up the game, that's good for you. But please, don't derail this thread about things people are enjoying about the game <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

Not any more though.

I love that The sims 4 finally brought me back to my habit of being a collector. I had given up on that habit both with the Sims 2 and 3. Now I love every new EP, SP and GP and the free stuff. Also the fun challenges like the day of the dead at the moment. I love all of the things mentioned in other posts, and the fact that the game gets better and better all the time and is patched properly. <3
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,556 Member
    I love the ducks :)
    003.png?dl=0

I love dining out with a friend or family
    09-04-16_6-44-37%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I love that you can set 5 outfits in each category and sims will randomly weat them without you having to make them change. And all clothes work for pregnancy. And all hair can have all hats.