Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You Love In Sims 4

MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've been enjoying playing Sims 4 since it's release and with each new release, I'm enjoying it even more and there's quite a few things I love in particular.

1)
PO67MrQ.png
The babies. I actually do like the fact that they're tied to the cots (no more abandoning baby on the floor!). But the main thing I love is how much more realistic they sound. They actually sound like crying babies and I happen to think they're adorable <3 And when watching the parents interacting with the babies, the parents seem more affectionate towards them, more so than previous generations of the franchise. So for me, this is a plus.

2)
A little feature I discovered recently is the "Become Partner In Crime". In one of my games, two brothers became partners in crime and have been planning pranks at the school and they've been successful with them, too! :p I had no idea this feature was there but it's very sweet! I've also noticed that those two brothers spend more time together than with any of their other siblings! I don't know if it's part of the feature or just coincidence, but it's lovely all the same! <3

3)
The club feature from Get Together. I've been having such a lot of fun with this feature and it's added so much to my gameplay! I love setting up the clubs for each member of the family and it's letting them meet up with like-minded sims in the area. I use it all the time <3

4)
The emotions. I've actually really enjoyed the different emotions and soothing angry or sad sims. I also enjoy seeing the different emotions sims come home with after a day at work or school. I think it's lovely, especially in bigger households, to see the variety. But I do feel the emotions add a lot to the sims, especially when it comes to interactions and sometimes when I've planned something, an unexpected emotion pops up from a member of the group and my plans change. But this sort of spontaneity in the game is one of the things I enjoy the most. <3

I love lots about the game but these few things spring to mind and I thought I'd share my feedback on the game :) What about you guys, what do you genuinely love about the game?
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    Great Thread!

I'd like to add my points then:

1) Focus on socializing. Given how much time we as human beings spend in our lives with socializing I support the newest change of focus in this iteration. It absolutely made sense to me. My favorite core-gameplay element.

2) Multi-tasking in combination with emotions. Finally Sims feel 'alive' to me, it makes so much fun just watching them perform mundane things together such as eating, talking, watching TV, surfing in the Internet etc. while keeping their flexibility. And the fact that sims don't do everything the same way (due to the implementation of emotions).

3) Clubs (the best feature the franchise has seen to this date) are great. Never seen a better tool for sandbox gameplay in any videogame before.

4) Aesthetics/graphics. The game looks gorgeous. It's literally a pleasure to play in a sandbox that looks like this.

5) Worlds. Hands down: They are a class of its own since the design and their attention to detail is awesome!

6) It's kind of odd but I have to mention it: Get Together. A masterpiece of an ep.

Edit: 7) Gallery - how could I even forget that?!

Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I love building even though I can't get builds exactly how I want.

I love relatable things
    like the times my Sim gets sick, and he get's a fever/Migraine they really animated that well. I almost felt sorry for my sim, almost... because I get migraines a lot. and I feel that pain.

Adult Humor I see is returning... slowly.

and definitely the graphics for me as well. however I did notice a lot of hiccups in the Live stream. two words, "Flying cars."

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @HalloMolli I love the worlds too. Windenburg is my favourite so far, I just adore the details like the clock, the varying heights, pigeons and the harbour area is gorgeous <3

@MasonGamer I tend to feel sorry for my sick sims too. I only realised yesterday that if a child is sick, they automatically stay home from school. I love this so much! <3
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love the multi tasking, the towns (especially Windenburg) and the way the sims interact with each other (in a nutshell)
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I definitely love the gallery the most! It makes exchange between players so much easier and whenever you don't feel like building a house, you now have tons of options right at the tip of your fingers without having to go to CC websites to look for some decent lots (which are usually insanely expensive as well). I also like that you can add pre-made rooms to a house. Even though I love building, sometimes this is just really convenient. Downloading houses and rooms from the gallery also gives me a lot of inspiration on how to furnish rooms etc. :) . Since I'm playing Sims 3 now I do miss having the gallery!
  • It would be easier to list the things I don't like, honestly, because there isn't much.

The gallery system is phenomenal. I love being able to just type in a few key words and find exactly what I want.
    The emotions system adds incredible depth to the game.
    The art style is my favorite of any of the sims games.
    The genetics system is great. I love that sims look like a perfect mix of their parents.
  • NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I started playing with TS1 and when I got into TS4 I expected not to like it, but I ended up liking it a lot :smile:

1) Multitasking, especially when interacting with other sims. In TS2 the relationships between family members went down for me if I didn't specifically have them interact with each other or do something together. In TS4 I love that sims can interact with each other while doing different activities and how family members seem to look to interact with one another.

2) The gallery is great, I like being able to download things for my game while in game. It is easy to add sims made by others in my families, it is easy to edit even unplayed households at any point etc.

3) Open lots. I like how locations like spas and restaurants have been opened up again. We can visit the locations with our sims and customize the lots ourselves. I can have romantic restaurants, family restaurants and low-end restaurants in my game.

4) I like the CAS and build mode tools. I am not a good builder (I'm bad at planning ahead) and previously had to use the "undo" button and "delete" a lot. Now it is easier to change my mind with how the layout of a building is going to be when I can grab and move the walls or an entire room. I have come to like building.

5) The look of the game: art style and small details like trains.

6) The ability to switch aspirations at any time. I also use it to define my sims' personality, in choosing what is important to them. One sim wants to be fit, throw great parties and earn a lot of money, the other wants to become an author and have a big family.

7) All neighborhoods combined to be 1 world. I also like the partially closed world and I don't mind the loading screens, since they're faster than I used to have in TS2. I like that I can focus my attention on playing the 1 or 2 family members out of 8 when I have them visit another location (in how I don't need to control the rest of the family) and how it is easier for my computer to manage.

In TS3 when my households grew bigger, they rarely went out in the town because it was difficult for me to manage a family and their needs alongside the sims I had out to meet new sims. I ended up for example forgetting to manage the needs of at least one and to invite one back home. I like to have the game focus on a smaller area at a time. I also think that having other neighborhoods available to visit for sims living in other neighborhoods has to do with why it is partially closed.

I also like that the world doesn't need to have that many sims for the locations to feel alive unlike open world. My computer could not then support a world to have enough sims for it to be alive and consequently many of the community lots felt too empty (didn't have enough sims). The partially closed world has felt like a good compromise between what both TS2 style closed world and TS3 style open world have to offer and I liked the return to smaller circles. :blush:

7) Digital download. My TS1, TS2 and all its expansions could take a very long time to install with switching disks during the process. The CDs are also not necessarily always in one place, so something might go missing. If I needed to reinstall TS2 for any reason it was a long and tedious process with so much extra content. The digital download has been convenient to me, it is also easy to install new content. I remembered this when I tried to reinstall TS2 with CD's...

8) The system requirements! I like that I can run the game smoothly. The current computer can run many new games well, but TS3 would still be slow. When TS2 came out I had to upgrade my computer to run it properly (1 part, but still).
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
    @Arletta I think Windenburg has to be my favourite town, too. It feels like there are so many extra details in that world that make it feel so alive <3

@Namaya92 I must admit, I haven't used the gallery much myself, but I do love the fact that we can do all of this in game. Save so much time and makes things so easy! <3

@Loudon_Wainwright The genetics have greatly impressed me, too. I've only recently paid close attention to them in my current legacy but I was delighted to see how both boys (non-identical twins) have a lovely mix of both parents. No cloning but definite features from both <3

@Nellythekidd The multitasking is an enormous improvement in my opinion. Like you, I love seeing the sims getting on with cooking dinner and still having a conversation going. I'm finding the family relationships are greatly improved because of this ability.
    And the ability to change Aspirations is fantastic too. I like the idea of using them to define the Sim's personality, great idea <3 That coupled with the emotions does give greater depth to their personalities.
    I also love being able to live in Windenburg but visit Willow Creek whenever I like. I think this feature will work wonderfully in San Myshuno when the new pack releases <3
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love the graphics, the look of the children, the multitasking, the semiopen world parts, the smooth and easy gameplay (easier to manage with auto solve), and the pick up and play aspect.

I have MCCC mods with it to suit my gameplay better, and I'm enjoying the more casual gameplay.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I love several other little details, especially the interactions children have, but these are my favorite parts of the game by far.

1: Build mode/Buy mode.
    I had so much trouble even adding in doors and windows to sims 3 houses, and couldn't build an actual house without my sims complaining about something being unfinished. The Sims 4 build mode was a breath of fresh air, and I quickly figured out how to create beautiful, complex lots exactly as I imagined them. I also loved the wide range of furniture, especially how they have those cute little descriptions, and thus far only have 1 cc build/buy mode item, an adorable couch I just couldn't pass up.

2: CAS.
    Sims 4 CAS is so much easier to use. I love how I can manipulate the face down to tiny little details. In Sims 3, I'd rush through, making a change or two, trying to get my sim completed before my computer crashed, which brings me to number 3.

3: Little To No Lag.
    Need I say much about this one? Sims 4 rarely lags and has almost never crashed, a huge improvement over my Sims 3 game crashing at least every 20-30 minutes.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I love the newish gender customization patch.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I love the huge amount of food our sims can cook up.
    Oh and CAS, the gallery, the visuals, ...
    I love several other little details, especially the interactions children have, but these are my favorite parts of the game by far.

1: Build mode/Buy mode.
    I had so much trouble even adding in doors and windows to sims 3 houses, and couldn't build an actual house without my sims complaining about something being unfinished. The Sims 4 build mode was a breath of fresh air, and I quickly figured out how to create beautiful, complex lots exactly as I imagined them. I also loved the wide range of furniture, especially how they have those cute little descriptions, and thus far only have 1 cc build/buy mode item, an adorable couch I just couldn't pass up.

2: CAS.
    Sims 4 CAS is so much easier to use. I love how I can manipulate the face down to tiny little details. In Sims 3, I'd rush through, making a change or two, trying to get my sim completed before my computer crashed, which brings me to number 3.

3: Little To No Lag.
    Need I say much about this one? Sims 4 rarely lags and has almost never crashed, a huge improvement over my Sims 3 game crashing at least every 20-30 minutes.

I forgot about the CAS and some of the Build/Buy stuff, too! :smile:

I was so used to pulling and pushing parts (like digital sculpting I did in art class) in CAS that I was trying to do the same thing when I was playing Sims 3 the other day, lol. :lol:

I also liked moving entire rooms and the search bar. I love, love the search bar! :smiley:

I don't have any lag, either, so far, which is awesome( :blush: ), but I'll see if I get any kind of lag (or long loading screens), with the MCCC mod if I turn off culling and the relationship decay... :open_mouth:

Oh! I love the bright colors and patterns of the CAS and B/B objects in the Stuff Pack and in the game in general. :smile: I love the bright, cartoony feel of it. (I watch cartoons and anime, so...)
    (She/her)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I like the following:

1). Unexpected Events - I love when the unexpected happens in the game. One of biggest complaints have been that Sims don't react as they should for a game based on 'emotions'. Well, what happened in my game the other day, has me re-thinking that statement. My Sim had a small romantic involvement with Alexander Goth. She went on a date with another guy at a restaurant. Alexander Goth must have been in the vicinity to witness this date. He rushed over to the table...my Sim stood up...and boom...he slapped her (ya know the classic Sim slap down). But even more surprising is that my Sims date jumped up & pounced on Alexander & they started fighting. Ha, now the date got his butt kicked by Alexander, but I thought it was super cool to have two non-played Sims interact this way. Wish I had screenshots as it was hilarious...but I think I was in shock like 'did this just happen'.

2). Game Mechanics - I guess what I mean by this is that it just runs smooth. The game doesn't crash, the loading screens (even though I'm not a fan of them) don't take long. Compared to other versions of The Sims, TS4 runs the best on my computer.

3). Gallery - I love the Gallery & being able to download things into your game, while you're still playing.

4). CAS - I think CAS is so awesome, with the drag & pull. I think this is the first time we've had this degree of customization to make Sims more like real life, whether they're skinny, curvy, athletic, BBW, etc.

5). Skills - Compared to previous versions, there are certain skills that I love in this game, such as Writing and Gardening. Even though Gardening takes forever to get to that 'perfect' garden, the pay-off is worth the wait as harvestables (especially alien fruit) is worth so much. Sims can live off Gardening alone. With Writing, I like how royalties are received daily. I think in TS3 it was weekly. It's nice to see my Sims get paid daily for their hard work.

6). Worlds - I like being able to travel to all the worlds. Even though they are small, you're still not confined to one world, which gives me options to a lot of places when traveling.

7). Pregnancy - I like how expecting Sims don't have to wear maternity clothes & can actually go to work. & then in their 3rd trimester they are given the option to take Family Leave; if married even the spouse can take Family Leave, which is pretty cool & realistic.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I like the fact that the developers seem to have taken notice of some of the most popular mods from previous games and incorporated them into TS4 (such as pregnancy morphs for all clothing).

I also like how they've made building houses so much easier with rooms and such.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I like how CAS works, moving and dragging different body parts.
    I also liked Dine Out initially. Hopefully they can fix the bugs in the future.
    Great thread! :smiley:

I like hearing the things people liked about Sims 4. :blush: It's good to know I'm not alone in enjoying Sims 4.

I love playing with Sims 4, especially when it's so smooth of and experience for me. I usually play it whenever I want a pick it up and play session. :smile:
    (She/her)
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 I find the children are adorable, too! And moving entire rooms has proven to be incredibly useful while I'm playing my legacy. Moving the house further to the front of the lot is a life saver! <3

@EmeraldEclipse1 I love the ease of use in Build Mode and CAS too. Like you, I'd often rush through sim creation in 3 (although lately I'm making more effort when I play 3) but Sims 4 CAS does make it easier to manipulate the tiniest details. <3

@Bagoas77 I've been enjoying the additions from that patch, too. It's made choosing outfits for the sims so much more flexible and gives a wonderful variety of options now <3

@LiesSim The variety of foods has impressed me too. It's great to have a wide selection when cooking at home and choosing menus at the restaurants <3

@Sha2520032003 I love the story about your sim's date :D That's wonderful that two inactives got so invested in their disagreement! And I agree with you about CAS, you can create such great diversity in the towns with regard to shape and size. Fantastic stuff <3

@Denimjo I agree, the fact you no longer need special maternity clothes is an enormous bonus now. Very useful and appreciated! <3

@Ifreshyeh I enjoy Dine Out too, one of my favourite additions. Sorry you've got some bugs there, though <3

I've also enjoyed the diversity with the skills and how well these can translate to hobbies. The programming skill in particular makes a wonderful hobby for some of the 'nerd' sims and I think it's been a wonderful addition, allowing sims to make plugins and mod the games they play. Very realistic <3
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I love the lighting. That patch really made the game look phenomenal.

I like building. It is much easier to move rooms around, knock out walls and such.

The gallery is amazing. I love being able to plop a house down while in game.
    @keekee53 I agree, the lighting in that patch added so much! <3

I love seeing what others are enjoying about the game :) It's so uplifting!
    edited September 2016
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I love seeing what others are enjoying about the game :) It's so uplifting!

It uplifts me as well, as I get a bit down from all of the barrage of negative threads and negative feedback (which Sims 4 totally deserve!), and there were times where I felt I was in the minority for not being so strongly opposed to Sims 4 at times (or not being that enthusiastic enough for Sims 3)...

Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
    Oh, forgot to add: I just love the Doctor career! :smiley: I'm planning to get a mod to take off most of the linear tasks and maybe fix a few things, but I do enjoy playing through the active careers.

I hope they make a school-pack one day. If not, I'll just update my Get To School mods (hopefully they are still being updated). No biggies.
    (She/her)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    1. I love the Sims themselves. They're so expressive and move so naturally, and I really like the brightness of the world. However I do sometimes miss the gorgeous Sims 3 views, especially when it snowed. :)

2. The children in Sims 4 are adorable. I like how they have aspirations and the jungle gyms are neat too. The interactions with adults like "Express Love", "Kiss Cheek", and "Cuddle" are super cute as well.

3. Different skills, like the violin. Also gardening is more enjoyable. More plants, and the splicing aspect makes it interesting. And of course the Cow Plant. :)

4. CAS. The style choices are much better in Sims 4, in my opinion. At least the initial base game. I really struggled to find clothing I liked in the Sims 3 base game, but didn't have much trouble after more EPs and Store content came out. In Sims 4 I'm always looking forward to the new CAS with each pack that comes out.

5. The Gallery. I like how easy it is to add Sims or buildings to the world. I'm not a great builder so it's a relief being able to just plop down a gallery build that would have taken me hours to make (and it still wouldn't have looked as good).

There's lots of other little things like certain interactions or animations, but they're very random and wouldn't constitute another point. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    1) The new sims.

2) Being able to save a room.

3) The new lighting system. It really helps when I place more realistic textures in the game.

4) Curved fences. Adding in a few curves makes the game less minecrafty.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    1) MANY of the build features: Dragging rooms and stairs, foundation sizes, curves fences.

2) The ability for my sims to go to other neighborhoods. {I would trade open world for this feature ANYTIME!} I love that my sims can actually go downtown vs. just having a central park.

3) Loading Times... the loading times are simply awesome.

4) I love baking! I love that it's a separate skill... Honestly, I love that there is such a variety of recipes to choose from and I don't have to go broke learning recipes anymore!

5) Multitasking... It's nice to be able to watch tv, talk and eat at the same time. You know... like in real life?

I'm sure there's more... At this point, I have few complaints...