Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living: What are you excited for the most? :)

Comments

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @Dannydanbo I think it would be better to just ignore the negative posts.

I am excited about CAS, as always. And pretty much everything else karaoke, selling, apartments, careers and gaming consoles
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Picking one is hard - I'm torn between "apartment-living," "lot traits," and "the whole city!" This looks like a really rich EP overall, with a great sense of what it's like living in a city and with a lot more ways (and more fun ways) that our poorer Sims will be able to do things.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm absolutely over the wall about lot traits! They will definitely be something I use every day across all my saves. Totally stoked for this!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    My top three:
    1. Apartment living - Finally! Noisy neighbors, bad plumbing and everything else that comes with it.
    2. New careers - I've been wanting new ones for such a long time, and the ones we get look like a lot of fun!
    3. New recipies for my restaurants - All the different food in this game is a detail I'm really enjoying.

Honorable mentions: Flea markets, the ability to hand out keys to your home, and the new art centre venue type.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Let's stay on topic and not get the thread closed please. :)
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    CAS, flea markets and the new carrers.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    @Cinderellimouse

Thank you, I forgot these 2 things :

* graffiti
    * gaming console

I'm happy they're adding things like this. I've been missing these and basketball a lot lately, and I'm happy to have more activities that suit my teens.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think that what I'm looking forward to the most changes with each new blog and trailer. Lot traits are still high on the list, though, as well as the new careers.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Apartments, flea market + romance fest (so cute) and just so excited to try the careers and explore the world!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wont be buying this EP. It's way too light on content, and the small amount it does have does not appeal to me. It's ALL set dressing. Our sims are going to be doing the same animations they've had since base game, only in a different setting. Eating and talking.

Why did you feel that it was necessary to come on to this thread and post the same post that you have posted on numerous other threads. You can read, right? The thread title is City Living: What are you excited for the most? Your post didn't mention anything you are excited about. I know what you're thinking: "That's because I'm not excited about anything in this plum EP, duh!" And I know that. We all know that. We've read your numerous other posts stating that you do not like this EP. So why post here again? Why try and ruin another thread with your negative post that you have posted in other threads numerous times. Wouldn't you be better off starting your own thread about how unhappy you are with this EP? Then others who are unhappy can post there too. A whole thread devoted to players who are unhappy would make a better impact than you posting over and over again and making others who like the EP angry. That, IMO, would only make you look like a nutter who enjoys complaining more than playing this game. And please, don't trot out that tired, old horse "I've got the right to post my opinions" because no one is saying not to post your opinions (I'm just asking why post in threads that are for happy simmers), but you also have the responsibility not to be a plumhole and post just to make people angry. That doesn't do you any good or make your point or gain you any sympathy for your point of view. It just makes you look petty. And I know you'll respond to this in a negative way, you can't help yourself, that's just who you are. But as you will no doubt state in your rebuttal, "It's my right to post my opinion." Again, I'm just asking why post in other peoples positive threads? The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease, sometimes it just gets ignored.

Please stop trying to pick fights with me and bully me, thank you.

Typical. When you disagree with someone else you're just stating your opinion, but when someone disagrees with you, they're being a bully. You're the bully by constantly posting negative posts in positive threads. How about you stop bullying us.

Just stop, I'm not a mod or anything but I'm gonna report this because your constantly picking on this person on every thread it's horrible. Yes it's a excitement thread and they may have said something negative but that's their opinion and maybe in future they will realise that is a thread which is about excitement but they don't need you coming full force at them with your sarcastic rude comments. They have not done anything to qualify as bullying as all they have said is they aren't to happy with the game and that's OK they are allowed to feel this way and not feel forced into liking it and I'm not being funny pal but you're the one who's being a bully constantly picking on them for not liking CL I am so fed up of constantly reading your sarcastic comments trying to cause an argument with other simmers on this forum, this is a nice happy place (or it should be) I dont want to read your nasty comments to other people it's really not necessary at all and we don't need any negativitve energy around here. Please stop with the flame bait before you get yourself banned. OP sorry for this but it had to be said.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I was excited for --well nothing now that most of the activities are in the base game. This ep is a waste of money. Just my option.
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Apartments and the flea market. Oh! The new foods! Really everything!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... Everything, haha.

If I really really had to pick one thing it would be the lot traits. If they will change my game as much as the club-system did then I will be a very happy gamer :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I wont be buying this EP. It's way too light on content, and the small amount it does have does not appeal to me. It's ALL set dressing. Our sims are going to be doing the same animations they've had since base game, only in a different setting. Eating and talking.

Why did you feel that it was necessary to come on to this thread and post the same post that you have posted on numerous other threads. You can read, right? The thread title is City Living: What are you excited for the most? Your post didn't mention anything you are excited about. I know what you're thinking: "That's because I'm not excited about anything in this plum EP, duh!" And I know that. We all know that. We've read your numerous other posts stating that you do not like this EP. So why post here again? Why try and ruin another thread with your negative post that you have posted in other threads numerous times. Wouldn't you be better off starting your own thread about how unhappy you are with this EP? Then others who are unhappy can post there too. A whole thread devoted to players who are unhappy would make a better impact than you posting over and over again and making others who like the EP angry. That, IMO, would only make you look like a nutter who enjoys complaining more than playing this game. And please, don't trot out that tired, old horse "I've got the right to post my opinions" because no one is saying not to post your opinions (I'm just asking why post in threads that are for happy simmers), but you also have the responsibility not to be a plumhole and post just to make people angry. That doesn't do you any good or make your point or gain you any sympathy for your point of view. It just makes you look petty. And I know you'll respond to this in a negative way, you can't help yourself, that's just who you are. But as you will no doubt state in your rebuttal, "It's my right to post my opinion." Again, I'm just asking why post in other peoples positive threads? The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease, sometimes it just gets ignored.

Typical. When you disagree with someone else you're just stating your opinion, but when someone disagrees with you, they're being a bully. You're the bully by constantly posting negative posts in positive threads. How about you stop bullying us.

Just stop, I'm not a mod or anything but I'm gonna report this because your constantly picking on this person on every thread it's horrible. Yes it's a excitement thread and they may have said something negative but that's their opinion and maybe in future they will realise that is a thread which is about excitement but they don't need you coming full force at them with your sarcastic rude comments. They have not done anything to qualify as bullying as all they have said is they aren't to happy with the game and that's OK they are allowed to feel this way and not feel forced into liking it and I'm not being funny pal but you're the one who's being a bully constantly picking on them for not liking CL I am so fed up of constantly reading your sarcastic comments trying to cause an argument with other simmers on this forum, this is a nice happy place (or it should be) I dont want to read your nasty comments to other people it's really not necessary at all and we don't need any negativitve energy around here. Please stop with the flame bait before you get yourself banned. OP sorry for this but it had to be said.

I have no problem with their opinion. I do have a problem with the repeated posting of the same negative message in many other threads. Making your point once or even twice is one thing, but beating people over the head just to make them angry is bullying in my book. I do not constantly pick on anyone. That's an over exaggeration that shows your immaturity. If you don't want to read my nasty comments, then skip them. You tell me not to get personal and bully people while you think it's okay for you to get personal with me and bully me. Oh, wait, you're "correcting" me so it can't possibly be bullying. It's only bullying when I do it to you. Right? And if you had bothered to noticed instead of being so eager to jump in, you would see that we have gone our separate ways, but here you are sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong trying to stir it up again. Lastly, we both know you're not sorry and it did not have to be said. You stop being a pot stirrer.
  • Options
    AestasAestas Posts: 72 Member
    I'm most excited for strange neighbors and apartments! I hope my sims will be social as they usually just sit in their room and play their computer.
  • Options
    Monet_MonroeMonet_Monroe Posts: 63 Member
    For it ALL. I'm jus hype for it.
    Everything is Awesome
    Everything is cool when ur part of a time B)
    Everything is Awesome

Origin ID: Monet_Monroe85
  • Options
    Monet_MonroeMonet_Monroe Posts: 63 Member
    Apartments and food is a + B)
    Everything is Awesome
    Everything is cool when ur part of a time B)
    Everything is Awesome

Origin ID: Monet_Monroe85
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I have no problem with their opinion. I do have a problem with the repeated posting of the same negative message in many other threads. Making your point once or even twice is one thing, but beating people over the head just to make them angry is bullying in my book. I do not constantly pick on anyone. That's an over exaggeration that shows your immaturity. If you don't want to read my nasty comments, then skip them. You tell me not to get personal and bully people while you think it's okay for you to get personal with me and bully me. Oh, wait, you're "correcting" me so it can't possibly be bullying. It's only bullying when I do it to you. Right? And if you had bothered to noticed instead of being so eager to jump in, you would see that we have gone our separate ways, but here you are sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong trying to stir it up again. Lastly, we both know you're not sorry and it did not have to be said. You stop being a pot stirrer.

Im not even gonna bother with you because you are clearly trolling. You are not the victim in all of this so stop playing the victim, harassment is a form of bullying and you harass @papersuitcase all the time I could find many posts to support that fact and all I have done is stuck up for him/her and try and end of all this because I'm fed up of seeing all your argumentive posts but of course I'm a bully for sticking up for her/him... wow.
    I have been bullied before and I know what bullying is thank you and I don't want it on here.
    Also please stop putting words in my mouth which I never said nor are not true at all when you have no evidence to back that up at all. So have a good day and let's move on from this now because I don't want OP thread to be spoiled by this okay?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited October 2016
    Experiencing the city living in apartments with my young adults who just move out of their parents' house
    Lot traits because they'll work for all my households and not just the ones I'm moving to the city
    New activities like console or basket because it will bring more diversity in my Sims' hobbies

I'm also happy about
    - new Build/Buy items because even if I don't build often, I'm having a blast each time I do
    - new careers because I don't like when all my Sims are co-workers (more diversity !)
    - festivals who seem surprisingly interesting and will be a nice change of pace
    - new traits, especially because these two interest me more than the ones from GT
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Im not even gonna bother with you because you are clearly trolling. You are not the victim in all of this so stop playing the victim, harassment is a form of bullying and you harass @papersuitcase all the time I could find many posts to support that fact and all I have done is stuck up for him/her and try and end of all this because I'm fed up of seeing all your argumentive posts but of course I'm a bully for sticking up for her/him... wow.
    I have been bullied before and I know what bullying is thank you and I don't want it on here.
    Also please stop putting words in my mouth which I never said nor are not true at all when you have no evidence to back that up at all. So have a good day and let's move on from this now because I don't want OP thread to be spoiled by this okay?

Fine by me.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm excited for the whole EP. because I think we are going to get a whole mix of new things; especially:

- a whole new world;
    - apartments;
    - new things to do in the open areas;
    - a whole new line of bohemian/ethnic/arty objects, clothes and décor;
    - new features like the produce stalls and lot traits, that I can eventually use to revitalize my existing worlds.
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Apartments, the festivals (especially the Flea Market), the vegetarian trait, the new careers and the new foods
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm just waiting to test the new building traits and elevator functionality, and I intend to use the festival functions and situations outside of San Myshuno since I don't really care for the off-lot events after the Get Together experience.

Hopefully there will be a hidden surprise which they haven't told us about yet.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i think i'm just wanting it all!!!!! I'm so ready for this pack.... :p