Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    So many beautiful pictures in this thread! <3

Here is something that happened in my current game:

My yellow winged fairy (Qiu) went on the date with this blue guy. He was married and his wife showed up.
    5o5ovc.jpg
    She obviously wasn't happy to find out what his husband was doing.
    9bcf1c.jpg
    Qiu dumped the guy and found a new mate. They decided to get married. They had many guests outside but they thought it was best to read their vows in the bathroom! So it was very private ceremony. Lol. But now they are husband and wife.
    z2tu9.jpg
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey it's been a while since I was on here, but I'm back. It was a busy week with homecoming and such,

I'm doing two 100 baby challenges, the princess/prince one I have to start again, and a supernatural one, but the supernatural one might be one where I have a father as the challenge founder.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Both Zac and Vanessa had their bachelor(ette) parties. Zac had his on Sim Thursday and Vanessa on Sim Friday. I wanted them to be wild, crazy affairs. They turned out to be rather tame. Here are a couple of pictures:

345il2p.jpg Sadie, Vanessa's BFF, was giving a toast.

33o5z5v.jpg Zac and his BFF, Bryce soaked each other with fizzy nectar.

This is a cute picture of Zac and Vanessa sitting under their tree, talking about....nothing.

14cuuj6.jpg

Now they're in Barcelona with their friends, getting ready for the festivities.

Great stories, everyone! :)
  • Options
    nerdypotternerdypotter Posts: 10 New Member
    @Gernadia thanks. at first i thought it was just my disc being scratched but now i think it's something with my game because i got a new expansion pack and it's still not working :( i was so mad because i had like 7 generations going in my family that i'd been working on for about a year
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @Hemera123 lol great update, that certainly was a private ceremony
    @krabby_pattiess sounds like you have your work cut out for you there! Hope to see all the babies!
    @ilikethesims30 really lovely pics, it can be hard to get parties to go at all as planned.
    @nerdypotter that's really sad, 7 generations is a lot, I once had a game up to 5 generations once but it ended up abandoned and I can't remember if it was a technical issue or not. What are you thinking of doing for your next game?
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Gernadia: love your avatar

@krabby_pattiess: yay

@ilikethesims30: great pictures. Hehehe. Love the pictures of the fizzy nectar

@nerdypotter: aw. Yes, 7 generations is alot.

@Hemera123: great update. Seems like everyone wants a bathroom ceremony.

@Karritz: great updates. Making me want to do something like that

@lanlyn: great updates

@all: thanks for letting me read and comment. I'm about to go and play with my new family.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    screenshot-494.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Autumn arrived, and the Mer family stayed busy.
    screenshot-493.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Vivienne perfected her skill in martial arts, and kept meditating every day.
    screenshot-497.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Before she knew it, it was time for her to grow up. The whole family gathered around to celebrate.
    screenshot-495.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-498.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Vivienne turned out to be very Athletic, and set her sights on strength training.
    screenshot-503.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    In the meantime, Finalia headed back to China to continue working on meditation, and to finally obtain her level 3 visa.
    screenshot-502.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-504.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    She also spent some time flirting with the locals before she headed back home again.
    screenshot-505.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Vivienne attained Physical Perfection while strength training in the garage.
    screenshot-506.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Finalia had Vivienne train her so she could reach the highest level in martial arts.
    screenshot-508.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Then, quicker than she could blink, Finalia found herself in Egypt for the first time.
    screenshot-509.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    She headed straight into tomb raiding.
    screenshot-511.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-512.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Despite all of Finalia's preparation (level 8 athletics and level 10 martial arts), she was defeated by the first mummy she met. Luckily she was just knocked out and suffered no other harm.
    screenshot-514.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    The last tomb Finalia raided turned out to have a fire trap that caught her repeatedly. I'm unsure if it was a glitch, or if it's designed to set you on fire multiple times. She had six shower cans and used them all putting herself out. When I realized she had run out, I used resetsim to send her back to base camp and had her jump in the shower. If that trap wasn't glitched, then this is the first time I've used resetsim for something other than a glitch. Watching her die in a fire would have been too much, since her mother already died that way (from a fire started in the bathroom?!)
    screenshot-515.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Finalia went back to finish her adventure, and in so doing, reached level 3 visa in Egypt. She was hungry and exhausted, so she enjoyed a shawarma...
    screenshot-516.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    ...And bought herself a palace.
    screenshot-517.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    She crawled into the first bed she saw to take a well deserved rest before heading home.
    @junceda Cute pictures. I love the freckles!
    @PalmArrow thank you! I enjoy your updates too.
    @Karritz I'll be following your updates. :o
    @BrianAndree Very nice! Looks like some of your pictures are broken though.
    @Gernadia Gotta love the water balloons.
    @nerdypotter Good luck! And nice username. <3
    Sorry if I'm missing anybody; it can be hard to get all the usernames right when I'm responding to posts from previous pages.
  • Options
    @Gernadia i'm not sure because everytime i try to play now it tells me "no game disc found" so i'm trying to figure out what to do
  • Options
    @WestGhost thanks!
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @Puddinroy thank you
    @WestGhost I'm just glad I remembered to get pics, sometimes I'm halfway through stuff and like "no I was supposed to be taking pictures all this time" which is exactly what happened to Noel's gig I got carried away telling him what to do and only snapped like maybe four pics. ANYWHO I really enjoyed your update, love Finalia and her adventures.
  • Options
    youatemywaffleyouatemywaffle Posts: 41 Member
    My sim (adopted, but I didn't want to forget. Hence her name- Adoptina.) was trying to level up some of her rebellious nature and started ranting about death. The grim reaper showed up and threatened her.
    Scared shrekless!
    You catch more bees with honey than vinegar. That's why honey makes a poor facial moisturizer.
  • Options
    DuskeynDuskeyn Posts: 200 Member
    I'm loving all your pictures guys, it makes playing the Sims so much more fun and less lonely when you know you get to share what is happening with everyone! Other peoples games gives me more ideas too :)

I am currently playing as Isabella Garcia, she is a second generation Sim who has just matured into a Young Adult. I have moved her into her own small home in Starlight Shores. I think she's quite beautiful, and she is awaiting a response from Sim University on her application to study a Medical Degree. Fingers crossed! :)

Some pictures of Isabella before she became an adult

Here is Isabella's mother dropping her off on her first day in Elementary School! I actually remember playing this part a month or two ago. Miss her when she was this young!
    Z14760516272405464_1.jpg

Isabella on her way to perform in her Ballet recital, her parents Dawn and Ryan also attended to cheer on their daughter! She won a trophy for this night.
    Z14760516272405464_2.jpg

This is Isabella as a teenager helping her brother Caleb with his homework, he now attends Smuggleworth Prep Boarding School. (Notice in the background the picture of Dawn on the fireplace, this is when she was pregnant with Isabella!)
    Z14760516272405464_3.jpg

Isabella and Caleb arriving at their fathers Campaign Fundraiser (he is in the Political Career). They came to support the cause and spread the word!
    Z14760516272405464_4.jpg

Current Isabella

This is what Isabella looks like now she has aged up into a Young Adult. I think she looks quite stunning.
    Z14760516272405464_5.jpg

Isabella has realised that although living away from parents may be fun - laundry is not!
    Z14760516272405464_6.jpg

Isabella's outfit for her pre-graduation family meal. I think she looks great!
    Z14760516272405464_7.jpg

Isabella is all ready for her high-school Graduation at City Hall!
    Z14760516272405464_8.jpg

Isabella's Home

I thought I'd add a few pictures of what Isabella's home looks like. It's very basic as she will be going to University soon - but I think it's quite nice! This is the exterior.
    Z14760516272405464_9.jpg

Here is the Living Area. The Yellow Flowers on the Fireplace were given to Isabella by her Boyfriend Diego on their first date as Teenagers!
    Z14760516272405464_10.jpg

A shot of the other side of the Living Area, including the study area.
    Z14760516272405464_11.jpg

I thought this was cute, she has a photograph of her parents Wedding Photo on her bookcase. Love little things like this! Haha :)
    Z14760516272405464_12.jpg

Here is the Kitchen and Dining area. Went for something simple, I hope it worked well for everyone.
    Z14760516272405464_13.jpg

This is Isabella's bedroom. I think it turned out very nice, I don't usually use blue in my houses so I tried something new.
    Z14760516272405464_14.jpg

Isabella's Ballet Trophy and Club Participation Award!
    Z14760516272405464_15.jpg
    DIXON.png
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have been playing in Mayfield Springs and i really like it.
    i decided to fix it up a bit and make a standalone save for it.i uploaded it for anyone else who might want it.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?63pfoab70sj6gwz

If you use my save and post pics ,tag me !i would love to see what you do with it !

here is what i added and changed .(these are only Some areas of each building)Each building has credit in the lot description,i just simply fixed them up or added a bit to them.credit goes to original creators.
    Elixer Shop
    Screenshot-81_zpssggcg61c.jpg
    Screenshot-82_zpsxe9tgbjm.jpg
    Screenshot-83_zpspkfyrgyt.jpg
    Screenshot-84_zpspp7yhh3i.jpg

Pool club Area
    Screenshot-78_zpsfkeenrxz.jpg
    Screenshot-79_zpst7r2q5pr.jpg

The Mall

Screenshot-72_zpsi6qm2f1m.jpgScreenshot-74_zpscrygnhgo.jpgScreenshot-73_zps0kvvishs.jpgScreenshot-75_zpsu2fprqsh.jpgScreenshot-76_zpsrjuykdlx.jpg

Diner/Bar/Bowling alley/Arcade

Screenshot-80_zpshsx2etw6.jpgScreenshot-86_zpsqsg4mxj4.jpgScreenshot-87_zpsl0edn8zg.jpgScreenshot-85_zpsmvs7c4zh.jpg

Little Bakery and Restaurant

Screenshot-70_zpsxhwkkgd5.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zpsegxrrxde.jpg
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Gernadia @king_of_simcity7 Thanks! XD

@lanlyn The collage board sounds cool! I'm thinking of working on some painting for my home. Something fast, easy and modern. I'm fed up with the chains of classical art. I may invest on paint at the end of the year. We'll see.
    I'm waiting for you blog to upload and I'll check your updates. I'm behind lots of things.

@CravenLestat I'm having problems to organize my schedule. Work is overwhelming this term. At least it's close to an end. October and November are fast months.

I like to think that my sims are having a nice time while I don't play. It's as if their little imaginary lives move on while I don't play.

@bekkasan I hope you're all right!

@PalmArrow If you opened a new thread for your stories, would you kindly tag me? I wish I could see how your genie is doing, but it seems that his story and Jonathan's is lost in the thread.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @thuggishsplicer -Great pictures!
    @AllMadHere -Hi there!That sounds like fun.
    @Gernadia -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @WestGhost -Great update!
    @cwaddell -Thanks for your comment.
    @Letchy15 -Hi there!
    @nerdypotter -Hi there!I hate it when the game won't work.I had that happen when my computer's fan died.I've even had saves corrupted by the EA social workers taking children away before adding Mods to my game.I've also had defective disks twice and once was World Adventures and the other was Supernatural.It sounds like you got a faulty copy and have to get it changed for a new disk.
    @PalmArrow -Thanks for the comment.They're about to grow into toddlers soon.
    @junceda -Great pictures!
    @Hemera123 -Thanks for your comment.Great pictures!
    @krabby_pattiess -Hi there!I've still got my 100 baby challenge going strong.It's too bad yours glitched out.
    @ilikethesims30 -Thanks for your comment.Great update!
    @Puddinroy -Hi there!
    @youatemywaffle -Hi there!Your game sounds like fun.
    @Duskeyn -HI there!Thanks for your comment.Great pictures!
    @MemoriiValentine -Great pictures!
    Here's my update below.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1622.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early and eating breakfast after using washrooms.They failed to notice the leftover mac and cheese had gone bad though.
    29385558211_52e01669ca.jpg
    They started d tending to the daily chores right after breakfast.
    29385553151_cf57b191ae.jpg
    They had been writing on their computers until they had to stop to get ready for work.
    29356930932_a54c8f2576.jpg
    It was 3PM when they left for work and they wouldn't get off until 7PM.
    28840793074_7247451fed.jpg
    They got home at 7:30 and went to bed right away.
    28840783374_b694a389d0.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2016
    @king_of_simcity7 Word around Aurora Skies is a new Mall is opening up and they are sending promotional samples to sims around town.Wonders if Carla should check her mailbox everybody gets lucky right. :*

Here is a video hint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81UOjlFmMs :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited October 2016
    @WestGhost @PalmArrow @TadOlson Thanks for your comments. Here's the next update.

Progress is being made on the lot and on the skills of the witches.

Ollie and Mitch making friends
    Ollie_And_Mitch001.jpg

Their first gnome has appeared.
    Gnomes002.jpg

There are two very long sets of stairs up to the surface. The other set of stairs are lower down on the hill and are normal height.
    Stairs001.jpg

Stairs002.jpg

Where the stairs exit to the surface is covered by a few walls and a roof which are all disguised by some of Luna's trees and rocks. Plus a few other things from other CC makers and by EA.
    Exit001.jpg

Exit002.jpg

This lot of Sims seem to be doing a lot of vomiting. It seems they don't like their food.
    Exit003.jpg

Home_Lot001.jpg

Home_Lot002.jpg

Biddy decided to learn pool. The gnome won.
    Biddy003.jpg

The Repo Man turned up.

I have no idea what he took.

I'm accustomed to there being long gaps between bills in my games.

I had a warning about bills and I paid them, then the next day the Repo Man arrived and grabbed something. He won't be back though.

I'm trying to build a lot for my big game and I am over having to search through buy mode to find things I want add to the lot and then to have to waste even more time trying to find out what the Repo Man grabbed. It is not happening again. I did something I generally don't do. I used Master Controller to give a No Bills Ever Lifetime Reward to one of my Sims.
    Repo_Man001.jpg

I've now got two of them who know all the elixirs and another two who are also level 10 in Alchemy and know most of the elixirs.
    Alchemy001.jpg

The second two who learned alchemy already know all of the potions. The two who did Alchemy first are currently working on the chemistry table to learn the potions.

Biddy got an extra trait - she's a handy sim now.
    Biddy004.jpg

Biddy had to use a charming introduction on a stranger - so she went to the Al Fresco Market and introduced herself to the barista bar tender there. I have amended the venue to add extra items to it to make it more useful to me.
    Biddy005.jpg

The gyroscopic thing caught fire while someone was using it autonomously. I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of the actual flames.
    Fire001.jpg

I was surprised to see Dorren Delaney driving the tractor. He's a townie. How did he get in there? Maybe I need to lock the doors. :#
    Dorren_Delaney001.jpg

He hung around for ages and freely used their things in the main living area. I haven't hired any gardeners so he isn't paid help.

Sebastian is working on his fishing skill.
    Sebastian003.jpg

Inventing001.jpg

Home_Lot003.jpg

Then I spotted another fire - that happened when I wasn't watching and one of the Sims finished his set task and decided to try it out.

Fire002.jpg

Fire003.jpg

Fire004.jpg

Fire005.jpg

Fire006.jpg

Bambi put it out with an autonomous ice blast.
    Fire007.jpg

Ollie has the opportunity to get the Alchemaic Master - when he completes it he'll get a Philosopher's Stone as a reward.

He was out searching for insects to deliver to the Science building. Once he completed that part of his opportunity he did a spot of fishing in a pond he came across while traveling home.

Fishing001.jpg

Sebastian was down in that basement fishing for ages and he was way behind the others on his lifetime happiness points. I found the basement was not sufficiently decorated for him to get any positive moodlet for being down there. So I decorated it - quickly. I looked for things that had environment points attached to them and the higher the better. Most of these things had small values so I had to get a lot of them.

Bottom_Basement001.jpg

Bottom_Basement002.jpg

Bottom_Basement003.jpg

host image online
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited October 2016
    pg 820
    @Kianijohenson20 Javon is a cutie. I really like his shoes.
    @Jaybzieh Taffy is adorable! I like the look of your sims - so creative :)
    @junceda What a great idea. I've been to Versailles in real life and love seeing how it progresses in your game.

pg 821
    @Karritz I didn't realise that you could make basements so big. The idea of having underground houses is pretty neat. Wendy and Bambi look like they will be best frenemies.
    @BrianAndree I love the cottage feel of your new house. The rest of your pictures wouldn't load for me.
    @TadOlson Great update. Your sims must be very skilled :smile:
    @thuggishsplicer *Raises hand* I love JPop! Your photo board looks so good.
    @Gernadia I wonder if Stella is planning to turn Leon into a vampire :open_mouth:
    @WestGhost Vivienne was the name of one of my favourite sims a couple years ago. I liked seeing how your triplets grew up. Poor Greta :cry:

pg 822
    @Hemera123 Nice update!
    @ilikethesims30 Great update. None of my bachelor parties turn out wild either.
    @WestGhost Your game looks like fun and your sisters are very pretty. Congrats on getting to level 3!
    @youatemywaffle I've never seen that before! Do you have any pictures?
    @Duskeyn Isabella is gorgeous. I really like your interiors! Is that christmas tree cc?
    @MemoriiValentine Nice work! I'm not looking for a custom world right now but I'll keep it in mind.
    @Karritz The scale of your basements continue to amaze me. I really love how you decorated the surface exit.
    Post edited by coco on
  • Options
    I was trying some new skins and ended up taking this nice shot of my sims. I think it's cute :blush:
    Screenshot-5.png
    The girls get help with their homework while Saville watches on.
    Screenshot-7_1.jpg
    Olaf dies. That makes my 13th gnome tombstone. The first ones I have are worth over 20,000 each.
    Screenshot-9_1.jpg
    Model Emiko. The new skin I'm trying makes everyone look a bit darker. I haven't made my mind up whether I'll keep it yet.
    Screenshot-11_1.jpg
    Spencer tries baking for the first time.
    Screenshot-12_1.jpg
    Unfortunately her blueberry muffin is horrifying quality :mask:
    Screenshot-14_2.jpg
    I forgot to mention that I gave Kara a haircut because it's summer. I also made her a new dress. It's not actually a dress but a top and skirt, and yet I can't tell the difference.
    Screenshot-19_1.jpg
    Hori: I am never letting them drive :astonished:
    Screenshot-21_2.jpg
    Saville: How can they be better than me at this game.. :confused:
    Screenshot-22_1.jpg
    Emiko's plan to get the girls into gardening is working!
    Screenshot-24_1.jpg
    While everyone is at work/school Emiko wanted to do some fishing. She discovered a little spot out of the way and started casting her line.
    Screenshot-28_1.jpg
    Screenshot-29_1.jpg
    Little did she know that at the park it was the end for Blossom :cry:
    Screenshot-33_1.jpg
    Noooooo :bawling:
    Screenshot-36_2.jpg
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    @Hemera123 Lol at that wedding, I just love it when sims marry in the bathroom, such romance! Are fairies fun to play? I have supernatural but never tried playing them. What abilities do they have?

@Coco your sims game is so beautiful! May I ask what skin you use? And do you use a lighting mod?
  • Options
    @coco I'm glad you are enjoying my basements. Nothing much in my games has much relationship to reality. But I want my witches village to be mysterious and if its mostly out of sight underground then it can't get much more mysterious.

Only time will tell if it works or not though because it is all a big experiment.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Duskeyn, @MemoriiValentine, @TadOlson, @Karritz and @coco All nice pictures being shared :smile:

@CravenLestat I will let Carla check her mail but that video though! :bawling:

Anyway I have two weeks off now so I can celebrate my new found freedom :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Namaya92 Thank you! I usually use fanaskher's edited Buffy's V4 skinblend but I tried Kurasoberina's primer skin in this post. For my lighting I use brntwaffle's Fresh Cut Day 3.0 with Lucky Palms water.
    @Karritz It also reminds me of The Shire from The Lord of the Rings with the houses half built into the hills :smiley:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @coco I have a lot of CC by Luna that is like those shire houses. I'll probably use some of it. At the moment I'm just trying to set it out. When you have such a huge area it is hard to work out how to set it up. The smaller houses will be easier.

BTW. I really like your horses and Sims. Nice colours and skins too.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @cwaddell @thuggishsplicer and everyone else. Thanks for the kind thoughts. We made it through the storm. Power was out for two days, came back Sunday around 12n. Lots of tree debris in yard and one limb down where I normally park my car, but, I had moved it all the way next to the house to hold the trash and recycle bins in place so that was good! My son lives off island and has a tree in his bed room. :( He had gone further out in the county to stay with friends so was not home at the time. All in all the island was very lucky compared to other areas that were hit harder. I enjoyed catching up on stories yesterday evening and am back to work this morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top