Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Jasmine Holliday thing is annoying

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd rather have a pool table, or swings for the kids. What do I want with a skull?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I gave my Sim the Incredibly Friendly trait, and that seems to help a bit. But she asked her girlfriend for a skull and got turned down -- right after they had chatted and became Best Friends.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    I have not been able to play my game since this challenge started-I can't even save my game, all it does is crash

Hello @LizzyCapone
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    So far I've got 4 skulls and I've found that basically all I've needed to do is throw a friendly remark or two their way and they fork it over nice and easy.

Here's a tip - I built my own spooky graveyard lot for it with half a dozen tombstones.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I'd rather have a pool table, or swings for the kids. What do I want with a skull?

preach it
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    haha, it's more than just saying hi! I have to chat them up until they have somewhat of a significant green bar with them otherwise they refuse. It's fun and frustrating at the same time.

That's what I have to do. It takes most of a Sim night to get a skull and even if they're good friends, they'll sometimes say I'm a stranger or enemy when I'm not. I know it's not supposed to be super easy, and I wouldn't want it to be, but this is a real time sink.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I think it was easy!! just say hi to those you don't know, then ask for the skull that simple. :)

Yah, I'm getting this too. They get mad at first but then I just ask again and they will comply. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I think it was easy!! just say hi to those you don't know, then ask for the skull that simple. :)

Yah, I'm getting this too. They get mad at first but then I just ask again and they will comply. XD

I wish this worked for me. No amount of nice comments is working. I'm stuck at 8 sugar skulls. I could be best friends with a sim, complement them and they still keep refusing to give me any.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Some sims have handed me a skull right away while others I have to talk to a little bit before giving me one so it all depends.
  • Options
    BerryswirlBerryswirl Posts: 5 New Member
    Does anyone know if it's for all your sims you make, or do you have to do it for every single sim you want to have it?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yea i have no idea why i'm into this at all. I didn't do the last Jasmine Holliday thing. But now that I have 6 it's difficult to just stop. I'll feel incomplete. lol

I think it's just something to do for those that like this kind of thing. I liked the egg hunt. I didn't feel like doing the growfruit so I cheated to get the planters. But I do like the growfruit trees for my aliens. I'm kind of working on the current challenge. Not sure if it will hold my attention. I do love looking at sims all dressed in the day of the dead outfits and the option of playing or not. :)

I'd love for my sims to have Jasmine's event jackets! <3

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's for all your sims you make, or do you have to do it for every single sim you want to have it?

Hello @Berryswirl
    The skulls that your sims collect are for each household. Different sims from the same household can collect the skulls then they can all be put in the one display case to complete the collection.
    You will need to do the challenge again with another household if you would like that household to complete the skulls collection
  • Options
    BerryswirlBerryswirl Posts: 5 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Berryswirl
    The skulls that your sims collect are for each household. Different sims from the same household can collect the skulls then they can all be put in the one display case to complete the collection.
    You will need to do the challenge again with another household if you would like that household to complete the skulls collection

Thanks for answering ^^
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm not having any luck finding the sims giving out the skulls. All the sim neighbors in my game look normal. Is there a certain place to go? I called Jasmine but that hasn't helped...
  • Options

Hello @Berryswirl

Thanks for answering ^^

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    domina89 wrote: »
    I'm not having any luck finding the sims giving out the skulls. All the sim neighbors in my game look normal. Is there a certain place to go? I called Jasmine but that hasn't helped...

Hello
    A Simguru tweeted that looking for them at dawn and dusk can help.
    Some simmers have also posted that they received skulls from sims who weren't dressed in the special clothing. Try hovering your mouse over the sims and see if they are still celebrators even though they aren't wearing the clothing.
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow! I'll try that.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options

The park in Oasis Springs is a good place to find the celebrators.

I haven't seen the first one there and I've been there several times. :| I'm literally not seeing them anywhere. Going to try asking the 'normal' sims.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I send the kids out have them tell a joke, and then ask for the skull. They get one almost every time.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The park in Oasis Springs is a good place to find the celebrators.

I haven't seen the first one there and I've been there several times. :| I'm literally not seeing them anywhere. Going to try asking the 'normal' sims.

Hello @domina89
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    With some Sims mine met all I had to do was be funny at least 3 times maybe chat a 3 times and then they gave it to me and we moved on. Some gave it instantly even though they were strangers but other took a few interactions. Funny interacts help the most.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    recino2recino2 Posts: 10 New Member
    My Sims have to waste half their day just making friends with these neighbors to get a sugar skull. My Sims are snobs! They don't want new friends! haha
    I feel ya. My way around that is to simply have the giver and my sims cloud / stargaze. I can just idle while they become friends. You don't even need to worry about emotions getting in the way.
    ... And then because my sim has a dastardly aspiration I beat up them up after getting a skull :p

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm having the worst luck with this! It's been a long day and I had my Sim going home when I found Alexander Goth as having the Sugar Skull. I barely stopped her in time (before the Load Screen) and ran over to Alexander. After introducing her, and a little chat, I asked for the Sugar Skull. I guess I needed more talking because the pint-sized brat turned on me! :rage: I should've seen if the succubus mod worked on children.

With my Sim getting tired - plus me frustrated - I figured I'd get him later - after she's rested. So again I had her go home, when yet ANOTHER sim with a Skull showed up! I didn't see which one, since I didn't get her stopped in time before the load screen! :rage:

Two skulls and I didn't get either one! Ding-dang it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I wish the challenge was optional. I have no interest in it so the constant pop-ups, the timer you can't close (only minimize) and most of all, Jasmine stalking my house, standing outside 24 hours a day is irritating beyond belief.