Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Jasmine Holliday thing is annoying

My Sims have to waste half their day just making friends with these neighbors to get a sugar skull. My Sims are snobs! They don't want new friends! haha

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    So what you need is social sims to finish the quest? In fact I think it's very funny to get these themed challenges. It makes The Sims 4 different from the other versions.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I think it was easy!! just say hi to those you don't know, then ask for the skull that simple. :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I've gotten quite a few skulls from strangers. I don't think it's mandatory to become friends, maybe it's random or just easier if you are?
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    haha, it's more than just saying hi! I have to chat them up until they have somewhat of a significant green bar with them otherwise they refuse. It's fun and frustrating at the same time.
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    I think this is why they set it for a month period , it's not that easy to get all the skulls.
    I had to use Jasmine's "Friendship" booster from the previous challenge in order to complete this one faster.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    yo_prinz_ohyo_prinz_oh Posts: 30 New Member
    I think they give out the sugar skull based on the sim's relationship with the celebrator. The higher the relationship, the higher the chance of receiving a sugar skull. However, it doesn't mean that even though your besties with the celebrator, he'll 100% give you the skull. I have a sim whose good friends with the celebrator. I thought he'd give me the skull right away once I asked for it, but no, he needed to be interacted with a few times before he actually gave the skull away.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I've gotten quite a few skulls from strangers. I don't think it's mandatory to become friends, maybe it's random or just easier if you are?

Some people won't give you a skull if you've never talked to them/don't have any friendship built with them. They'll say something along the lines of "what makes you think I'm going to give a skull to a stranger or enemy"
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    It is pretty frustrating having to make friends with everybody. Like seriously, it's so hard to talk to them and get enough relationship built and ask for a skull before they all start disappearing.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Summerjase wrote: »
    It is pretty frustrating having to make friends with everybody. Like seriously, it's so hard to talk to them and get enough relationship built and ask for a skull before they all start disappearing.

exactly! I only have 6. I got a 7th but it was a duplicate. Part of me doesn't want to finish and the other part of me is determined to finish! lol.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    If you want, you can just get the Sugar Skulls off of Buydebug :)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    haha, it's more than just saying hi! I have to chat them up until they have somewhat of a significant green bar with them otherwise they refuse. It's fun and frustrating at the same time.

I didn't have to make friends with any of them!! Just said Hi and had a little convo then crossed out the interaction to continue the convo and ask for the skull ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    YekeSimsYekeSims Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm not bothering with the challenge, I just want her off my lawn.

Me too! LOL
  • Options
    yea i have no idea why i'm into this at all. I didn't do the last Jasmine Holliday thing. But now that I have 6 it's difficult to just stop. I'll feel incomplete. lol
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I was trying to make friends with the celebrants too in the beginning because I read others saying it was easier to get a skull, but in the end I found that the only thing I needed to do was ask for a skull several times in a row and they would always give me the skull by the third time I asked (sometimes sooner). My sim didn't even have to introduce herself. I was really starting to get bored and frustrated with this challenge until I discovered this; now it's so much quicker and easier!
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member

I'm getting tired of this already too BUT then I play a household and one of the people gets 6 of them in an afternoon , makes me think - hey, easy . It's not though and I'm spending too long doing this. I need to either slow way down/ give it up/ or just get it done at least once.
    Here's the thing though - I don't really care about the reward - I think it's gonna be buydebug for me LOL - those Easter eggs are there also, pretty little eggs LOL
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

Some people won't give you a skull if you've never talked to them/don't have any friendship built with them. They'll say something along the lines of "what makes you think I'm going to give a skull to a stranger or enemy"

They'll say that even if you are best friends.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    My Sims have to waste half their day just making friends with these neighbors to get a sugar skull. My Sims are snobs! They don't want new friends! haha

I found in my game if you just walk up to the candidate and ask, my sim gets the skull, if he tries to make friends first he doesn't. If he doesn't get it then I just send another family member up and they get it.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    LizzyCaponeLizzyCapone Posts: 6 New Member
    I have not been able to play my game since this challenge started-I can't even save my game, all it does is crash
  • Options
    @rosemow will tell you how to fix game. Clean caches, pull mods save files and repair game.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    thanks StilleWater, but I only have EA files, no outside mods or other content, only purchased EA content. How do you repair the game?
  • Options
    Thanks StilleWater, but I only have purchased EA content in my game. How do you repair a game?
  • Options
    you go to Origin and right click on the "box" for Sims 4. Note: pull your saves files first and put them some place safe, like the desk top, that way you hopefully will not have trouble with them. Clean caches first also.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    What's the Jasmine Holiday thing? :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I think it was easy!! just say hi to those you don't know, then ask for the skull that simple. :)

lol, That doesn't work for me. Most of these sims, even if you have high level friendship, it's like pulling teeth to get them to give you a skull. I'm at my 8th skull now, and every celebrators has refused to give my sims skulls. It's been almost a sim week since any gave me one!
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif