Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion: As it is right now, TS3 or TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    TS4. I really enjoy it. I have TS3, but it takes forever to load (with only three packs on my 2015 win 8 computer) seriously, could it lag any more? It has some interesting features, but I have not yet taken the time to learn it and it is not as intuitive as TS4.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    If i had to pick I would go with sims 4. It just fits my play style more.

That being said I like all of the sim series games. They all needed improvements, yet also all had features that I enjoyed. My favorite expansion pack is actually from sims 1 Makin' Magic. I currently play sims 2 and sims 4, I would play sims 1 if it would work on my computer. I never quit playing sims 2, so my original sims 2 family is still on there many many generations in.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sims 3 really annoyed me. so Sims 4 has my vote.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sims 4. I've found Sims 4 much more endearing than Sims 3, plus it runs better for me. (I haven't yelled at it nearly as much as I yelled at Sims 3. Yelling at things is not a goal for me in my leisure time.) Obviously, this is all personal opinion and experience - we're all different people, and the same things won't be endearing to us, etc. etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Sims 4 all the way! IMO, I really hated Sims 3, but also loved it.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Without reading anything but the title of this thread, neither. My favorite is The Sims 2
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Sims 4 all the way! IMO, I really hated Sims 3, but also loved it.

Lol, that kind of explains my own mixed feelings towards Sims 3 and Sims 4.

I love both...and I kind of hate both. :lol:

*sighs* The simplicity of Sims 1. Good times.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I'm the same with liking both. I think ultimately sims 3 is still me fave, though if ts4 gets toddlers and supernaturals it'll become #1 for me.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Why does it have to be one or the other? You can choose to play both if you have them or if you have all four, play all four. :D

I do this. I played the Sims 1 for almost five hours yesterday! :p
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    The Sims 2! I have a love-hate relationship with The Sims 3! I prefer The Sims 4 and enjoy it more than I ever did The Sims 3 :)
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Recently I installed The Sims 3 again and after waiting hours for everything to be installed it turned out that I wasn't able to play it due to an error that I cannot remember what it was at the moment all I know is that the game wouldn't even start.

If I had the option to choose I would have chosen both, why? because both have their pros and cons and both are completely different.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Ts3. No contest. Open world. Deep and meaningful gameplay. CASt. A living breathing feel to your town. No phalanx of immersion-breaking loading screens that you have to battle through. Pets. Exploration and a more satisfying gathering and collections... gems, insects, metals, etc. More interesting and fleshed out skills. More interesting travels adventure (Egypt, China, and France). Toddlers. Supernaturals with really interesting abilities and skills. Seasons with fun things to do for each season. Fish anywhere you want in the water. Swim in the ocean. Get sunburnt. There's just no comparison between it and ts4.

and to think that we took all that for granted until just two odd years ago...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love the smoothness of Sims 4 how easy it is to build. Sims 3 for open world, toddlers, I don't like burrito babies, love world adventures. Sims 2 because they are funny, querky, random emotions, love they babies and toddlers.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I say Sims 3 for now. Sims 4 just needs more content.. It feels so bare atm.
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    Definitely Sims 4. I've never been a fan of Sims 3, so I mostly skipped it.
    The Sims 4 brought back my fun in rotation play, slowly I rebuild the game experience I've got with TS2.

I choose TS4 for the same reasons as these :blush: Also the open world experience was a big part of TS3. While the idea seemed great at first, open world was not my thing because it didn't suit my gameplay (rotational) and seemed to cause a lot of issues in game. TS2 was my favorite before TS4 and to me TS4 feels more like TS2 than TS3 did. TS4 runs smoother and I've experienced fewer issues with it.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    The Sims 4.

Honorable mention to the Sims 2, though. Loved that one.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited September 2016
    The Sims 4 for me - stunning world, ease of moving/travelling, beautiful Sims, Emotions and Multi-Tasking that adds more realism and ability, smooth game-play, quick loading screens, better Collections, the best Children in the series, the most fleshed out Skills and Careers, better Aliens, ease of finding things in Build & Buy Mode and Create-A-Sim, almost monthly content, more Skills and Traits, some pretty good Traits, an abundance of recipes, animations/interactions with emotional varieties, ease of changing Aspirations, Sims feel like humans - like they have feelings, the game is immersive and the game-play is deep and meaningful, I love the autonomy - especially when it's effective, quite allot of family play, most goals are optional and what I like the most is the new game-play and systems that continue to improve overtime. <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The Sims 4. While it's still missing features, it's improved greatly over the past two years, and I don't need a slew of mods to actually keep it running and prevent corruption; I lost track as to the number of saves I lost to the dreaded Error Code 12 before I discovered NRaas Error Trap and Overwatch. I love being able to simply drag a room when I need more space instead of having to completely rebuild it (just did that in my game today when I realized I placed a room but forgot to add a door). And Sims that aren't pudding faced and feel more "alive" than Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    If i had to pick I would go with sims 4. It just fits my play style more.

That being said I like all of the sim series games. They all needed improvements, yet also all had features that I enjoyed. My favorite expansion pack is actually from sims 1 Makin' Magic. I currently play sims 2 and sims 4, I would play sims 1 if it would work on my computer. I never quit playing sims 2, so my original sims 2 family is still on there many many generations in.

I would ADORE a Sims 4 version of Makin' Magic, though instead of everyone getting the magic kit, I'd have Sims have to work for it a bit so that people wouldn't be forced to have magic Sims if they didn't want them. Maybe a traveling 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cart you have to find and visit to get started, then later that wagon would sell supplies/ingredients needed to whip up potions and cast spells.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Personally, I'm between TS2 and TS3 but if I had to choose, I'd choose TS3.
    No silly-faced, always-smiling "sims", busted emotions that only lead to uncomfortable or happy as if those were the only two emotions that existed, or extreme relationship culling and decay that prevent me from playing rotationally. I also don't have to "imagine" better gameplay but that's just me.
  • Options
    Easily TS4. Sims 4 has much more to offer in terms of gameplay depth and variety.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    @Clk1143 wrote: »
    I would play sims 1 if it would work on my computer.

The Sims 1 works on Windows 10, just you need the EXE without SecuROM.

screen12.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Definitely 3 for the in depth gameplay but 4 for smoother gameplay.

One of the issues I find with 4 is that there aren't any real challenges to the game. Everything comes way too easy and way too predictable.

1 was basically keeping your sims alive for the most part.

2 kind of balanced things out with the priority of keeping the needs at a reasonable level while enjoying some interesting stories later.

3 a little bit easier than 1 and 2 but still had enough in-depth gameplay and challenges to make it interesting and not as repetitive.

4 is just well you get the idea by now.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member

I would ADORE a Sims 4 version of Makin' Magic, though instead of everyone getting the magic kit, I'd have Sims have to work for it a bit so that people wouldn't be forced to have magic Sims if they didn't want them. Maybe a traveling 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cart you have to find and visit to get started, then later that wagon would sell supplies/ingredients needed to whip up potions and cast spells.

That would be so much fun to have for sims 4 and I like your ideal of the traveling 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Maybe you would have to specifically call her to come over. I have asked for Makin' Magic for all of the sims versions actually. The combination of the magic, with a little creepy paintings, and the carnival, just such a fun expansion pack.

The Sims 1 works on Windows 10, just you need the EXE without SecuROM.

Thank you for that. :) I'm going to hop down the memory train.