Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot traits in September patch

PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
Hi all,

As many of you know, EA has said multiple times that they cannot announce free content outside the fiscal quarter in which such content is to be released.

So I was wondering...can this mean we are getting lot traits in the upcoming September patch? After all they have already announced that we'll be getting lot traits as a free game update and this fiscal quarter ends September 30. So, according to these accounting rules, this free patch should be released in this quarter and not in October (i.e. Next quarter).

Does that make sense? What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Makes sense, but what are lot traits?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Makes sense, but what are lot traits?

It's a new feature. You'll be able to assign up to 3 "traits" to lots (residential, venues etc.). So far we've heard about the following lot traits: filthy ( from time to time it spawns rats, vermin etc. and most stuff looks dirty), quake zone (earthquakes may occur), good schools (the lot is close to good schools which presumably gives a boost to children grades), good internet (good for some careers), cursed (spawns ghosts that haunt the place), etc.

Not all traits will be available for free, and some of them will be exclusive to City Living. But they specifically said everyone would be getting this feature in a free patch as they plan to implement more traits in future releases.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Cool! In that case it seems likely they would be in the pre-release patch for City Life.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Interesting. I look forward to seeing which ones these will be, as they could be good for story telling. The Good Schools one would be perfect for the more 'upmarket' neighbourhoods. Likewise the Good Internet.

Ooh, the possibilities! :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Yeah, I've been puzzled by the fact that the gurus are talking about patching the lot traits in when CL doesn't come out until next quarter. I think you're right and they must be included in this month's patch.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    This sounds very cool - I hope it happens...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    That would be cool! I was iffy about the lot traits at first, but the more I hear about and read into them, the more I like the idea of them.
    I hope they come in this month's patch.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Yeah , simgurudrake confirmed that there will be a patch by the end of the month, so either next week we should get lot traits.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I hope you're right. Unless, maybe they don't consider the traits "content?"
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm thinking just might still not be confirmed that they have to patch the lot traits in this month.

This is what I can find has been actually said:

Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Would it be safe to assume, if lot traits end up being a hit, we could see future packs expand upon them, like the club rules/activities in Get Together? Or is it more likely to be a City Living exclusive thing?

We will definitely be considering adding lot traits in future packs. And you won't need to own EP03 to use them.

They just might have phrased that carefully enough that they don't have to do anything this quarter.

CCing @EmmaVane because I only just realized this now
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @luthienrising
    Like everybody has the feature but if you don't have City Living you have no trait to choose from ? And future traits will come in future packs ?
  • Options
    paige35617paige35617 Posts: 52 Member
    That's really cool! I hope it is true! :)
    "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

tumblr_lzyx3cfbsx1ql141xo1_250.gif
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    @luthienrising
    Like everybody has the feature but if you don't have City Living you have no trait to choose from ? And future traits will come in future packs ?

I think they're just caging around specifically saying anything is being patched in so they can say some stuff now, not wait till October. Also I think this means that what's patched in (probably in October) won't include any of the traits we've already seen or read about. So, no rats or haunting etc. without the EP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I would love the haunting trait to be included in a patch.

I want to make a haunted house and upload them to the gallery for Halloween. But I would like it if there were some way to control the ghosts that spawn, because I want my lots to have a specific story.

I still think it would be cool to have households as an option to be uploaded with lots to the gallery so that people can play through the stories that I create for them.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2016
    @QDog

No way, Lot trait will be added in the October 27th patch the last Thursday before the EP release date like the previous EP Patches did.

Basement/Co-worker added on March 26th -> EP01 Get To Work on March 31st
    Group update/Pool Venue/Pool water/Colored World Map added on December 4th -> EP02 Get Together on December 8th
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I feel like they'll wait till October to release a patch with lot traits.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    @QDog

No way, Lot trait will be added in the October 27th patch the last Thursday before the EP release date like the previous EP Patches did.

Group update/Pool Venue/Pool water/Colored World Map added on December 4th -> EP02 Get Together on December 8th

But sim guru drake already confirmed that we will get a patch this month. So it has to be one with lot traits.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Honestly I wish they put all lot traits into the pack, I'm paying good money for this! haha
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    Lawlzimaqt wrote: »
    @QDog

But sim guru drake already confirmed that we will get a patch this month. So it has to be one with lot traits.

it doesn't, though. We could get those in October, which is still before the EP comes out. And I really do think that what was said about the lot traits might have been phrased carefully enough to not count as "announced"/"shown" for the basegame this month. I wouldn't get my hopes up for seeing them next week.
  • Options
    Honestly I wish they put all lot traits into the pack, I'm paying good money for this! haha

But it will be worth it in the long run. If we get the base feature to free in a patch they will be able to add more lot traits in future packs (since lot traits will not be tied to City Living).
  • Options
    @QDog

it doesn't, though. We could get those in October, which is still before the EP comes out. And I really do think that what was said about the lot traits might have been phrased carefully enough to not count as "announced"/"shown" for the basegame this month. I wouldn't get my hopes up for seeing them next week.

It makes sense. They have definitely been careful with the way they have worded this...I wish they could also bend the rules like that to let us know about other features too...
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    @QDog

AFAIK, all of these were implemented in the same FQ they were announced.

If Lot Trait functionality (announced this FQ), with or without traits, isn't patched in until Oct 27 (patch next FQ), then they are in violation of their own announcement rules.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane I think they might have weaseled around this just enough that it's not announced as a basegame patch.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I feel like anything pertaining to the Ep will come in a patch right before the release. Unless it's going to take a few patches to prep the game for the Pack.

So Septembers patch could be anything really.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @QDog

That's true, except that the lot traits have actually been confirmed to be patched in (even if not all). Although I too don't really believe we'll get them next week, why can they tell us this in the fiscal quarter prior to the patch being released? *confused*